Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Lunch Box ideas?

I've started my first ever job, and obviously the canteen is all crisps, chips, meat meals and fizzy pop. So does anyone have any lunch box ideas? I have some recipes (I'm fairly new to raw) but there mainly flashly. So has anyone got some simple easy meals and lunch box ideas for me?

I dont want to be tempted to fall off the wagon and eat crap. Thanks in advance, Mel x

Comments

• Prephaps this link: http://raw-bento.com/?cat=4 could be helpful?

• how about a corn salad?

corn

bell pepper

avocado chunks

a bit of salsa

leek (or green onion)

yummy!

• LilEarthMuffinLilEarthMuffin Raw Newbie

Mariannes thats such cool website!

• eechoeecho Raw Newbie

wow, that gorilla sandwich idea is the best thing ever

• Second the gorillas sandwich--gotta make one for myself when I'm on the ru!n

• Here's something I flung together the other day. Get some soaked nuts, nice fresh greens, sprouts, seaweed and vegetables (not necessarily all that stuff), and maybe a few herbs or spices. Grind it all up really well in a food processor and then, while it's still running, pour in water a little bit at a time until it all goes doughy. Take out, roll into little wads, and if you want, dehydrate for a few hours. The taste is a bit hit and miss (work in progress!) but it does the job!

• Edit: somehow posted 3 times by accident!

• Aaargh!!

• wichtenwichten Raw Newbie

that gorilla sandwich is the most original idea ive seen in a long time- thats my lunch tomorrow!! :) thanks for sharing!

• rawcanadianrawcanadian Raw Newbie

Yep, you need one of those lunch boxes like i have , BIG!!!!!

The lunch depends on cals required and what you plan on eating the rest of the day.

500cals

Salad - green lettuce of choice, 1 tomatoe sliced, red pepper, cucumber, raisins

3 bananas

1 large orange

1 med apple

1000 cals

Salad - green lettuce of choice, 1 tomatoe sliced, red pepper, cucumber, raisins

5 bananas

50 g raw almonds

2 large oranges

1 Mango

Simple!!! ez to prepare!!!

• The RawtarianThe Rawtarian Raw Superstar

Lol, love that gorilla sandwich! I can't wait to try that.

Re: lunches, I make sure to always have raw crackers on hand. Then I bring half an avocado in a ziploc, a spoon, and some salt. I spread the avocado on crackers, add some sprouts (in a ziploc), and then I bring a bag of nuts, some fruit, and some veg for snacks.

A perfect lunch! For me anyway. :)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Rawtarian - Tried and tested raw food recipes - Free