Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Helloooo Raw Christians....

Comments

• troublesjustabubbletroublesjustabubble Raw Newbie

haha yeah I read it again to my husband(not raw) and we both got a kick out of it again.

I’m told I need to consume more calories. Any favorite desserts using coconut oil that are simple?

• beanybeeganbeanybeegan Raw Newbie

So simple you wont need to think. Put 1-2 tab. in a smoothie. Do you eat puddings? Put a couple tab.in them. Makes a slight coconut flavor and helps smooth it out. Will also help firm it if put in fridg..I make a green smoothie with maca and coconut oil.Really cuts that green taste. Course I put in other things too. You wont need a 1/3 of a cup if you eat a small amount every day. Do you make raw ketsup or B.B.Q. sauce? Put some in, this will also help firm it up a bit when put in fridg..Hope this will get your imagination juices flowing.

eeek I forgot it is getting colder. Warm soups! Great in some. Like squash. Tomato, chili, red pepper,etc. Oh! and red cabb and carrot slaws. Most sweet salad dressings.

Really wouldn’t be hard to put 100_200 extra calories in you a day and this isnt counting those yummy raw holiday desserts!

Oh thank you beany! I was hoping I could put it in smoothies. I make make a rich one with soaked medjool dates and bananas. mmmm, so tasty sounding

Just a short Hi and Happy Fall! The Vining Maple are starting to turn color so guess it is truly fall. Every one getting ready for winter? I have my dehydrators going night and day. My garden will be winding down soon so want to get the last bit in. Marinated some larger cuc., then dried.They will be great with warmish soups, as the marinade had a lot of garlic and cayenne in it. Have to get off and get ready for church.

Yes beany! I’m getting ready for winter by freezing any fruits I can get my hands on. I’ve got a pretty good little stock going there and I’m getting a dehydrator soon. I’ve been using my oven on the lowest it can go but without a fan it really doesn’t work that well.

The weather here is perfectly lovely crisp, sunny and autumnish. I feel like thanksgiving is right around the corner!

Well the pie is on today. Am getting ideas flowing for the up coming holidays.

Think we should stay away from the political scene? Might help our mouths.eeeeek Let me see, Gone Raw: raw food, help the newbies, find out new health ideas, should be enough.

Glad to hear about the dehydrator. I have a friend who said Vita- Mix sells reconditioned Vita Mix blenders. Asked her tonight if she was sure it was the Vita-Mix company. Might be a good way to go for those who really want that brand. I bought the Waring Pro 3 HP a couple years ago. I see water-baby has the 3 !/2 HP. Talk about power!!! Any way, hope you have all kinds of recipes ready for your newbie. I think the oven uses more electricity, too. My big purchase for the month is a spirooli. Should receive it next week. Praise the Lord for all His blessings!

So does spirooli taste good? I don’t even really know what it is. ha.

I have been avoiding the political scene but I did get involved in this last one and am vowing not to get riled up or say the wrong things. I’m just being careful not to get in a fight but try to understand why they believe what they believe.

I love the holidays! I can’t wait for thanksgiving! This year my husband and I are staying here and having thanksgiving with my family. We usually go down to Oklahoma to have it with his family but now we’re going to alternate. My family is excessively open to raw food and have all tried it and improved their lifestyle(I have them all dry skin brushing at the moment). I’m so excited to bring raw dishes to the big holiday dinners!

• trouble- I just want you to know that you are valued by me, and I appreciate what you say. I did the same thing the other day, but took down my posts. You DO exuberate Love to those who are receptive to it!!

aww, cpagosa-thank you so so so so much. I’ve felt really discouraged since being on that other thread. I knew I shouldn’t have gotten on there but I did anyway. I learned my lesson though. ha.

I really needed that encouragement. Thank you. You’re a blessing.

• Trouble-You are welcome! I know you love all people, as do I. I removed the verse, so that those lacking the understanding of scripture could not use it against me, or should I say “believers” in general. I hope you got it, and understand it’s meaning in reference to this situation. You are loved, so don’t let em get you down!

• I’m at work, and I’m supposed to be doing something (anything) productive…so I can’t take the time to do any backreading on this thread. But, I just wanted to pop in and say hello. I’m a Christian as well, and am glad to see others here!

• Rachellyn28- Hello and Welcome! Glad you are here!

• I am sure you are all very intelligent people here. I mean to be Raw or even just thinking about it means you are pretty smart. So how come you fall for Christianity? I am sure none of you have read the bible. Cuz if you did you would be aware that it says that homosexuals should die and that women have no right to speak in church and that they should worship their husband just like they worship God and also supports slavery. And people might say “Well in the NEW bible it dosent say that” Oh and I suppose anyone could just come and change a book that was written thousands of years ago. C’mon people-COMMON SENSE. Oh and if any of you want the name of the passages I am speaking of let me know I will be more than glad to tell you.

Hi young ones. I have been so busy dehydrating. Right now I have both dehydrators going with chopped onions. The house is heavy with their aroma. Going to use my spirooli tomorrow. Still have yellow zucc, in the garden. I really like them, no peeling.

I have been reading Hebrews this month. I keep going back to chapter 4. So good. I got a very encouraging letter on another forum this day. I remember the Word, As the day approaches, encourage one another. I think that is what we should see here. As the day approaches. So be of good cheer! Lift up your head! For your redeemer is nigh.Jesus the Lamb of God, who shed His blood for us. I am thankful Satan has to bow down to the name of JESUS.

tjb- Discouragement is from Satan. Dont feel bad because you did the Lords work. The Bible says When people talk bad about you, saying all evil about you and persecute you,, REJOICE!!!! you have a reward waiting for you in heaven. Oh! Isn’t it wonderful?

• TamyInCanada: Many thanks for giving us the benefit of the doubt in regards to our intelligence. :)

An open forum like this is not the ideal place to open up such broad and potentially volatile topics. The issues you raise are widely interpreted and among Christians there are many variations of opinion.

If you have genuine questions about our faith and are not merely attempting to begin a fruitless argument, I’m sure you can find those who would be willing to enter into a reasonable dialogue with you and answer, to the best of their ability, your questions and concerns. Perhaps you would like to post an email address to facilitate those one on one discussions.

Rachel-thank you for your wise words.

Tamyln-I can tell that you read the bible merely to bring up arguments like this but I would like to ask you what you believe. Do you believe there is just this life? Do you believe that when you die that’s it? If so then I wonder why you waste your precious life agitating people.

The beauty of the bible is that it remains relevant throughout the ages and is perfectly applicable to modern life. If you do not want to accept our faith that is just fine but please respect it. It’s something you obviously do not want to understand.

And to set the record straight, we do NOT think homosexuals should die. God loves ALL and sent Jesus for ALL. We do NOT worship our husbands like God. That’s not only blasphemy but ridiculous. We do NOT support slavery in any way shape or form. The slavery in the Old Testament was what every country did when they captured another country. The prisoners of war were made slaves. Every culture practiced it.

The bible has remained intact. If you recall, the dead sea scrolls.

Anyway, you’re welcome to ask any questions you like and we’ll answer them the best we can. Please do not use this forum for attacking.

• I am trained and certified as health minister promoting the Hallelujah Diet those who want to change at their own starting percentage. However, I believe 100% for those who wish that number. Sadly, with many left over books from this ministry and hardly a Christian that wants to change, I still have my stash here. In Recipes for Life, my version’s diet changed but can be printed off and thankfully they took out Braggs Liquid Aminos. Also have videos from Dr. Day, I love. Thinkk holidays or just “I care” materials. My materials are all new but some have/had my labels placed on them with intent for questions or more products to market. Email me privately with questions as not always around.

I do lead a raw food group with non believers for many years still, but don’t judge them and let the light shine. It works best for me and I am blessed at each rawluck which meets at least 2x monthly here. Our community is very active with raw dinners and more to unite all.

Beany-I can’t wait until I get a dehydrator(I’m getting one for my birthday. hehe. I’m so giddy!). My mom always had one when I was growing up and we made fruit leather and dried fruit and things like that. I always loved it.

Hebrews is such a beautiful book. I’m in Acts at the moment and surprised by how many new things I’m seeing. It’s really uplifting and encouraging. I think I don’t pray enough. I’m going to make specific times where I will pray and hopefully get into a better habit.

Yes, God is always at the door knocking. We sometimes just don’t open the door.

What dehydrator are you getting? After all the discussions on the forums, I know you will get the right one. When will you be making that delish cheese cake?

carog: I am on the H.A. forum almost every day. Drop in some time.

Before any questions are answered, may I suggest we read, II Timothy 2:23. Amplified version.Just a motherly Christian suggestion.

• Beany-Thank You! You are a wise Mother!

• germin8germin8 Raw Master

Here’s something I ran into while reading through the bible this year: There is evidence Jesus ate meat! In Luke 24:42: They gave him a piece of broiled fish, and he took it and ate it in their presence

Just thought to share that…

Of course Jesus ate meat! He fed the five thousand with fish and bread. Jesus gave us dominion over animals. He actually told them to eat meat quite often.

• CalebCaleb Raw Newbie

He also told Peter to, “rise, kill and eat”. He also told us all things are permissible (unless DIRECTLY against his will) as long as we can enjoy it in good conscience. I still eat meat and dairy on occasion, but my intake of that is WAY back from what it was (daily).

• Hey all you Raw Foodies for Jesus! Woot woot! Nice to meet y’all.

caleb-I’m like you. I eat raw for my health but I have exceptions for social gatherings and eat meat and dairy both if they are served. one side of my family specifically thanked me last week for remaining included in the family activities despite my diet. It made it so worth it when the next day I felt rather snuffly and plugged up(if you know what I mean). I never feel good after eating cooked food but I believe my family is important enough.

Yes troublejustabubble There was a discussion early on this thread and another about that. It went something like “There is no evidence that Jesus ate the fish that was served… but why would he serve something he wouldn’t eat”. I just wanted to make “my correction” that Jesus did eat fish! (Although, I don’t know of any evidence that he ate other meats like clean meat (i.e. lamb/beef without the blood.)

Caleb Would you post the verse… I’d like to read it! ...in context. Plus, my search couldn’t find it… maybe it was a different “word” for a different version of the bible. Thanks.

germin8-Yeah, I think if Jesus didn’t eat what was served they would make a point of it and explain it. Here’s your reference for the verse Caleb mentioned.

Acts 10:12-14 (New King James Version) New King James Version (NKJV)

12 In it were all kinds of four-footed animals of the earth, wild beasts, creeping things, and birds of the air. 13 And a voice came to him, “Rise, Peter; kill and eat.” 14 But Peter said, “Not so, Lord! For I have never eaten anything common or unclean.” 15 And a voice spoke to him again the second time, “What God has cleansed you must not call common.”

Hi all. I just get tooooo sick when I eat cooked food. Then RH acts up for a few days. Really not worth it for me. We do know that meat of today is not like the time of Jesus. If I am convicted to not eat it then I shouldn’t as there may be a good reason only God knows about. Sort of like when you are driving and He says turn here, or don’t go on that flight.

I must smile about Acts 10:12-14. The way I have been taught on that verse, is that God was not talking about food but clean and unclean. Peter was about to go into a Gentile home. Remember how Gentiles were looked upon to the Jews at that time?

troublejustabubble & Caleb Well, I understand that verse to mean something totally different than food! That was a vision! Acts 10:10.

I AGREE with beany!

According to the 70-week prophecy (70 prophetic weeks * 7 days = 490 prophetic days, therefore 490 literal years), Jesus died during the last (prophetic) week – A.D. 27. He died the middle of the last week to be precise… which means there are still 3 1/2 prophetic days (or 3 1/2 literal years) until the end of the 70-week prophecy. So what happened 3 1/2 years after Jesus died at the end of the 70-week prophecy? The stoning of Stephen and also this – Peter’s vision of clean & unclean meats.

The 490 literal years was the time which the Jews (representing clean meat in Peter’s vision) whole-heartedly rejected the Gospel and that’s why Peter was told to start preaching to the Gentiles (representing unclean meat).

So, I still see that Jesus ate broiled fish in Luke 24:42. But I haven’t run into another verse where he ate other meat – clean (without blood,etc) or unclean. (Correction made after post.)

• CalebCaleb Raw Newbie

Germin, I will have to get back to you on the verses, can’t look them up from work right now. Hopefully I can get to them either later in the day or later tonight. The passage where he tells Peter to rise kill and eat is well known, but I believe is also talking about clean and unclean in relation to Gentiles if I remember correctly, but it is an illustration used relevant to the time. God also told the Jews to not eat pork, which means they could eat meat, just another thought. Be back later though.