Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Helloooo Raw Christians....

Comments

• Oh, congratulations Troublesjustabubble:)!!! Coffee was my innocent little vice as well, until I realized that I couldn’t stop lol!!! That is great! It’s refreshing to see a group of people so very supportive and connected to their chosen god.

• troublesjustabubbletroublesjustabubble Raw Newbie

Hot water is almost as good as coffee:) haha, who am I kidding?

• beanybeeganbeanybeegan Raw Newbie

tjb, interesting that you mention raw eating helping with acid reflex. I had been taking acid pills and enzymes for digestion.I was told when we age our digestion gets old too. lolrof. Two pill bottles, no more. Cool about your coffee removal. As with raw foods, you will find drinks that are more flavorful than coffee.

The Joy of the Lord is our Strength!!!

Thanks for the encouragement beany!

I do like other drinks far better but coffee was fun and made me hyper energetic. haha. I think I have plenty of energy without it though.

• CalebCaleb Raw Newbie

Hello, add another to the page! I am new to raw, currently about 75% raw, likely will stay that way. My desire is to eat better, be more healthy and enjoy life more. I feel going fully raw will rob me of precious fellowship and just the enjoyment I get from my favorite cooked meals. I have seen some positive results already and have only been doing this about three weeks (slowly introducing stuff a couple weeks before that though). It has been good and I look forward to meeting more raw foodies and enjoying new foods.

• Welcome to the Raw family Caleb! I have an uncle named Caleb!

People like you all are people that I would like to join me on my myspace website, because I have a lot of friends and family that need to hear the positive aspects of eating raw foods and how God uses nutrition as yet another way to heal our bodies. In fact, it’s programmed into our miraculous self-healing, ferfully and wonderfully made bodies. I am in no way trying to divert all the attenton to myself, or away from gone raw. On the contry, I tell people about this site all the time…if they’ll listen. But gone raw is a site where people come who are SEEKING better health. I am trying to LEAD people to greener pastures who might be curious but don’t know how to get started and myspace is a good tool that I use to do so. So, if you have a myspace account already, or would like to open one, I’d love to be myspace friends. Here’s my site:

http://www.myspace.com/from_ms_to_healing

• CalebCaleb Raw Newbie

Thanks Kendra. I ditched MySpace a long time ago. It was to much of a time waste for me, plus all my friends were on Facebook. I didn’t need two social networks to keep up with people :) I will check out the page though when I’m not on a work computer that blocks half the internet. On a side note some of the benefits I have seen is some of the fibroid tumors I have are getting smaller, I swear some have even dissapeared. I could be imagining this, but time will tell. Detox has sucked though, even though I am only 75% raw I can really fell the detox side effects.

Welcome Caleb!

That’s exciting about your fibroid tumors shrinking! Some things are just worth the detox. For me it was not always having a headache and finally my digestive system working. I did do a water fast recently that REALLY took it out of me. The detox was intense but when it was over I felt amazing.

• CalebCaleb Raw Newbie

How long did you do the water fast for? How much water are you supposed to drink doing that?

I did it for six days. I drank tons and tons of water. I don’t know if there is a certain amount you’re supposed to do.

The third night was the one that kicked me hard but after it I felt amazing and I smelled amazing too. That was nice.

It was a spiritual fast and that was really fulfilling too

• Annabelle77Annabelle77 Raw Newbie

did you supplement with salt with the water fast? If you go into hyponatremia (sp?), you could die…

I doubt in six days that would happen. I didn’t supplement with anything. I only consumed water.

I know of several people who do 40 day water fasts and don’t have problems with that.

• Annabelle77Annabelle77 Raw Newbie

hmmm… well, i’d still be careful. I am a distance runner, and over consumption of water can deplete your body of salt pretty quickly… but this is obvioulsy amplified by large amounts of sweating, so maybe it is diffrerent.

When runners die, hyponatremia is often the cause, and it’s scray because the symptoms are the same as those of dehydration! I remember years ago when kids heard that they had to drink tons of water if taking extacy… so many of them did, while dancing for hours and sweating… the fatalities were from OVER consumption of water, not from the drug.

If anything, I’d supplement with coconut water…

• CalebCaleb Raw Newbie

troubles… longest fast I have done has been three days. I couldn’t imagine doing six. I did “cheat” a bit one mine though and allow coffee. But since I am drinking a lot less of that now I may be able to do that. I think I would need to wait a while though, in the start of this diet I wasn’t consuming enough calories. I need to make sure I am doing that for a while before I try it. I need a good spiritual fast anyway, it has been too long.

Yeah, I’d never done a spiritual fast and had been convicted for a long time and so I finally made the commitment and it was really amazing. It was rough and pretty hard but really worth it

Kendra, I don’t know if you say my recent testimony on H.A.. So I will give a short of it here. Last year I started spotting. I was 65 at the time so you understand my concern. I did not go to a Doc. but took the problem to the Lord and then started reading up on the subject. I took the worse it could be and worked from there. I had also been about 85-95% raw for about 3 years, but I did have a high intake of sweets. I started drinking high amounts of carrot juice and went 99% raw, cutting way back on sweets and detoxing about once a month. I also added other supplements which would help. It has been 7 months sense the last spotting. So about two weeks ago I stopped the rigorous get well plan, now I am working on other things. When they are gone I will put the testimony on here and H.A.. Oh yes, I am staying 99% raw and staying low on the sweets, and thanking God for my healing!

Caleb, When I went off my year diet I went on a veggie juice fast, I always take a powder with herbs,flax and physillum to quickly get rid of the toxins. This I took daily while on the juice fast. I don’t count days, just start and stop when led to.

• I am Christian too!

Welcome rawkingrl!

Beany-wow, that sounds pretty intense. I hope some day I can be that focused.

When you figure Satan is trying to knock you out you can get real focused, and determined. He doesn’t want the children of God messing up “his” focus of destruction. Getting active in Gods plan for your life, can get interesting.

cpagosa-didn’t want to encourage that other thread so I thought I’d say thanks here on our one:) I was a discouraged by the attitude of the Palin haters so thanks you for standing up for me

• Troublesjustabubble:)-Thank YOU! That was a brave thing to post over there! You are wise beyond your years! It is so hard to see so many people who just can’t see the reality of how things are (like when they say that a baby is a potential person( They are in my prayers! Oh, also Thank YOU for defending Beany!!

I told myself when I clicked on the thread that I wouldn’t get involved but sheesh, I just couldn’t let some of that stuff go. I’m glad to see there are people who agree with me.

• trouble- I know what you mean. (there are oh so many who agree with you! Thank God for that!)

thanks:) I’m praying for God’s will to be done and that I’ll be able to accept whatever it is. If it’s something I’m dreading then I know there’s a purpose.

I am glad someone else spoke up for Gods child and children. One never knows what influence our words may have especially backed by the Holy Spirit. I know one thing, it is all for good. We love all people, just dont have to agree with some ideas.

Can you imagine I spent 3 hours on gone raw last night, debating whether I was a real vegan or not. Cant believe I am so dumb. Was so tired when I got to bed didn’t even read my bible or pray.Oh what a coil is tied around us if we don’t keep in close contact with God. Even then I can get pushed off a bit. like last night. The holidays are around the corner. I am dehydrating and freezing all that I will need for those days. Maybe this time I will be able to have time to help DH with his SAD enjoyments.

• Beany.. I left a post on that other thread for you as well.. I wasn’t saying that you were being judgemental… I meant that the thread seemed very judgemental in regards to Sarah Palin. I am pro-life and didn’t want you to think that I was attacking you. :)

Hope everyone is having a great night!! :)

Sarah, in case you pop back in. I must not have got offended as I don’t remember the incident. That is an age blessing. smile. I must stay away from controversial posts. I get to riled up. One day I will be Christ like.

If any of you haven’t yet, please read the post,,,, ” You will know your a raw foodest when….” an absolute rolling over laughing good time.

I know! I was laughing out loud in my office!

We gave a boost for a healthy body just by laughing. Amazing isn’t it? Think I’ll go over it again tonight. Even some of the posts were coconut rolling!