Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Master Cleanse Cycle 2

Comments

• I wish you girls luck!

I decided to leave mine till next week … I have way too much food to use up that will spoil if I don’t. I will also get the book and read it meanwhile.

Sending positive energies your way.

• Shutter Nutter, good call on not letting the food spoil lol!!...It’s crazy to do this, you almost have to plan weeks in advance, as far as scheduling is concerned. A friend of mine called me this morning and invited me to her “Birthday Dinner” at the Melting Pot and I had to kindly decline. I don’t think other people understand! Which brings up a great topic. While on the cleanse how have others responded?...I mean walking around with a Nalgene or cup all the time is bound to raise eyebrows! Does anyone have any interesting stories?

• LovleyScene thanks :D I am glad my MC is going well and hope everyone else is having a good experience. I am really happy with the weight loss so far :) Actually looking forward to getting on the scales tomorrow morning :O lol.

• So I just finished and I am on the the transition day of orange juice. Let me tell you, OJ has never tasted so good!! To be honest, yesterday was the worst day for me. Pretty much throughout the MC, I didn’t really have many problems, but I had the worst headache last night, and I felt starving. Even when I would drink the lemonade, my stomach would be growling 5 minutes later. I am relieved to be done. I lost close to 10 pounds in the first week, but over the weekend I felt like my body was shutting down, so I didn’t lose any more after that. So glad to be done!!

• CarmentinaCarmentina Raw Newbie

LovelyScene, my husband seems to totally understand what I’m doing, the two others I’ve told were rather alarmed ... are you doing this under medical supervision? So I’ve decided not to tell people who don’t seem open. No need to alarm them!!

LovelyScene: my hunger has mostly been psychological – the most amazing cravings! I keep looking for recipes of what I want to eat when I come off!! Today I had some chamomile tea cuz the place I went for “lunch” didn’t have mint tea!! Apart from that, all is well. I’ve noticed my senses sharpen, especially smell. I’m not tired at all – tomorrow morning (after SWF) I’m going for a jog!! Evildarvirus: sorry to be losing you but I’ll be welcoming you back soon! Don’t leave us alone in the interim! My sister’s MC has mirrored mine – she’s even been working out. Twins! I can’t wait for my horrific breath to pass!!

• I’m Hungry…I’m Hungry…I’m Hungry

• Lol no you’re not.

• The only thing I can possibly think about is food at this point…not even raw food. I think hamburgers, crab rangoon, egg drop soup, manicotti, Moe’s Burritos, Chicken crispy Sandwhich, pintos and cheese, checkers burger (and I’m a vegetarian) GO FIGURE!!!

• Oh, I totally AM!! I am almost done with day 1 and WOW!!... Carmentina, My boyfriend is a paramedic and will be going to medical school next year thats the closest thing I have to “medical supervision” lol :0) I wonder if I will loose any weight?...I’m not really doing this for that but…you cant help but wonder! Anywho…this is not as easy as I thought it would be…I’m def glad to be on here talking to all of you!...I can feel your support!!!

• Day 3 for me, this morning I was down from 77kg to 74.8kg so that’s a loss of 2.2 kg or 4.84 lbs. :) I am going to have to cut my MC short unfortunately as I have to attend a party on Friday which involves a meal :/ I will start coming off my MC today/tomorrow. I will go back on MC after Friday. I hope I don’t put on too much weight!

I’ve been craving a soft boiled egg like crazy. And sushi. But lots of raw vegan food too, like this recipe: http://www.howcelebritiesloseweight.com/celebs-... I’m gonna try this next week. Now I’m on day 7 and I still feel great. It’s supposedly the tough day, but I just got back from a jog, the suns come out, it’s stopped raining, and it’s gorgeous out!!

• Thats crazy I was craving an egg last night too…Today is day 3 for me…I haven’t had an regular bowl movements…Is this Ok…Did it happen right away for you?

• Today is Day 2, besides being quite exhausted I am STARVING…it’s crazy! I am very very very strict and have done EVERYTHING by the book, therefore I believe I am having some pretty amazing results. Yesterday I noticed that my skin actually started smelling of burning rubber which was an amazing sign of toxins being released. I have been very very very tired today BUT…the book said that this is supposed to happen. I am looking for ward to day 3. Nate (the bf) is also tired as well…I have been making every glass fresh which I think really makes a HUGE difference and if you can I would def suggest it!

I’m doing SWF and senna tea, so I’m having looooaaads of bowel movements daily!! I read that it’s important to have them. Maybe you should have more senna tea since you’re foregoing SWF?

• I am NOW Regular! :0)

• I am about to end my 3rd day of the diet…THe hunger has been much much better…it hasn’t been near as bad as the first 2 days. I was quite regular, I am begining to think I may be on the upside of all of this.

• What is SWF?

Salt Water Flush. The yucky part of the Master Cleanse. It flushes out your bowels and helps with detox, since you’re ingesting no fiber.

• I am begining day 3…and I feel great!

Glad to hear you’re feeling better. I feel great too and I’m on day 8. The only bothersome issue is the rancid breath that hangs around me, but it seems to be getting better! On a down note, my twin sis, who was accompanying me on this MC journey, has decided to bale out today. Unfortunately she’s prone to epileptic seizures, although they usually happen upon waking, and only very seldom (the last was a couple years ago). Anyway, in the last three days she’s had 3 seizures and at an unusual time (while trying to fall asleep). It could be due to disturbed sleep (her usual cause) or detox. Who knows, but whatever the case she’s decided to start transitioning off. :(

• Oh no! Poor thing, that is such a terrible thing! Does the hunger get better?...I wish it would go completely away…instead it’s torturing me! I have had alot of trouble going to sleep (its the senna tea) I toss and turn! It does seem to be getting better! How much weight have you lost?

LovelyScene, the hunger never really left me completely, although I can tolerate it better. I’ve been drinking the senna tea early – like 9.30pm just to prevent me from having to get up twice at night, once to pee, and once to poo. It hasn’t really given me problems falling alseep, but I’m not used to getting up at night, so I can’t wait for that to be over. I haven’t really had one solid night’s sleep, like you, tossing and turning. My clothes are all baggy, but I’ve promised myself I’ll weigh in only at the end; I don’t want it effecting how much lemonade I drink! My foul breath is slowly getting better (or maybe I’m getting used to it!!!).

• I’m ready to quit…these sleepless nights are killing me! I’m hungry and I am on my 5th day of no food. I think this detox is something you have to ease into…If I finish out these 5 days I will feel victoriuos because next time I can do it longer…I’m getting no sleep, last night I was dreaming I was pooping my pants, ended up I had to get up and poop….it’s really killing me!

LovelyScene! Before giving up, why not try shifting the time you drink your senna tea? Last night I had it early (8:30pm) and went to bed at about midnight – before I went to bed I pooped! So it probably takes about 3-4 hours to work. I didn’t wake up once!! What about drinking MORE lemonade for the hunger? I know it’s tough, and I agree, 5 days is already an accomplishment especially for your first fast, but look at it this way – you’re already midway!! In a month or so I’m gonna do a kidney, liver, or gallbladder cleanse, which seems less demanding and I need to do those anyway. Evildarkvirus?? Where are you? Weren’t you supposed to come back yesterday?

• I’m still around! Unfortunately I had to give up my MC because I ended up being dragged to a family-friend’s party and had to eat :/ I am re-starting today :)

Glad to see you back!

• Lol thanks :) I felt bad about commenting on here because I ended up eating :( thought I would be a bit like a betrayer but I’m back now :) Nice to be back!

Hi ladies! I’ve finished!! Hurrah! I’ve started on orange juice and am beginning the transition back to solid. I’m so amazed I made it through we relative ease (it’s all will power and I knew I really needed this). My husband was the most impressed of all. I’m going to ease back slowly and do plenty of exercise to rev up my metabolism again so I can keep off the 8lbs I lost. My sister lost another two pounds transitioning back, so I might too, although I’m really happy my loss of weight has been relatively slow, cuz I think it should be easier to keep off. My skin feels amazing and I feel great – have all the way through. The thing that interests me most is the detox, and I certainly feel less toxic (although who really knows??). Anyway, I wish you gals the best for the rest of your journey!

• Congratulations! Well done :D It’s great to know that it is actually possible! lol. I am on day 2 (again! lol) and it’s not so bad, I think because I managed 3 days last time I know I can do it! Thanks :)