Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

10 day master cleanse

Comments

• Nicole-

That's so great! It's good to know someone would be doing it around the same time as me :) How long do you think you're going to aim for? But yeah definitely keep me posted on how it's going for you once you start!

Good luck!

• The end of day two of my MC was very painful. I have never had problems with my back, but I had excruciating lower back pain all night long that kept me tossing and turning - it was like an aching, burning pain.

Has anyone else had this? Could it be kidneys? I wondered about this so I avoided the salt water flush this morning. Any advice would be much appreciated.

• iluvlife,

I'm going to do the MC for 14 days I think. I'll phase-in and phase-out so it will be a total of 20 days or so, yikes! My hubby is not going to like this;) I'll be phased out by my birthday so I can have some real Raw food:) I'll keep my fingers crossed!

Nicole

rAWngish teechr, I have had my kidneys hurt like that before. I bet that's what it was but can't guarantee it. Detox works differently from individual to individual.

• Thanks FitnessFreak for the reply. Do you think I should keep doing the salt water flushes, since I think salt helps promote kidney stones?

Day 3 has been better than the previous two. I even worked out on the elliptical for 55 mins and did some physical housework:)

I must admit this has taken quite a bit of focus and intention. However, I read somewhere that if you can make it past day 3, the rest is clear sailing - I hope they are right!

• rAWngish teechr, I would maybe try it with half the amount of salt and if you still have discomfort avoid it all together and just stick with the senna tea. Just an option.

Nicole

• emtpdmomemtpdmom Raw Newbie

It is my understanding that the salt to water ratio in the SWF is specifically designed to be the same ratio as the salt to water ratio in the human body. As a result, the salt water solution goes straight through your system without being absorbed . . . in other words it "flushes" your system. I personally would be hesitant to make changes in the proportions as laid out in the program. Just my 2

• It usually only takes 3 days for your body to overcome caffeine withdrawals and/or most food cravings...which makes for smooth sailing. By Day 5 it is definitely smooth sailing.

I have experienced the lower back pain. Lower back pain is also known as a sign that you could have bowel built-up. A couple of things you can do...

You could try drinking your senna tea before bed. Wake up the next morning, drink the original measurements for the SWF. Wait for 30 to 45 minutes and then drink another senna tea. (This is what I do every couple of days through the MC).

or

Increase the amount of salt in SWF. and for those who just can't handle the SWF know that you could just do what Tom Woloshyn does...which is drink the SWF only 3 times on a 10 day cleanse. Drink SWF on Day 1, again on Day 3 or 4, and then on Day 7 or 8. On all the other days drink your laxative tea morning and night. Be careful because the senna can cause cramping and/or nausea.

The following is from Peter Glickman...

Part one is the detox: mobilizing the waste from the parts of the body where it is stored.

***This is what the lemonade does.***

Part two is elimination: ensuring the waste is washed out of the body quickly and regularly so that the toxins are not reabsorbed, which will make you feel sick or miserable.

***The salt water flush is a powerful part of that elimination process.***

• tshirtartist -

So happy to hear someone else has experienced the 30 day MC. It sounds like I began mine after you. I started my 30 days on February 9th. I had done the 14 day MC, but my 30 day MC was really healing. I am going for another 30 days in about three weeks. :)

• Fitness Freak,

Thanks for the feedback - I've been just drinking the herbal laxative tea in the morning, but feel like I should do the flush.

Emptydmom - ya, I read that the salt water was balanced in Stanley Burrows book, but I've been too afraid to test it out since the back pain has subsided.

SimplyRaw - Interesting thoughts! Fortunately the pain has gone, so I think I'll try your suggestion and take the SWF tomorrow which will be day 5 for me.

Thanks all for the support! There have been some serious moments where I wondered if I would be able to continue this for the full 10 days, but now I feel quite sure I can. The only issue that seems to be creating problems is that I have a very restless sleep. The laxative tea before bed sends me to the toilet around midnight, and I am tossing and turning for most of the night after this. Hopefully this will pass by day 5 too!

• rAWngish teechr -

I thought you might want to check out "The Liver and Gallbladder Miracle Cleanse" by Andreas Moritz He offers a natural and simple kidney cleanse in his book. Just putting it out there so you can make a mental note if needed.

Happy Health! :)

• I did a 10 day MC this past September and I tried the salt water flushed one day...almost puked...and then it did absolutely nothing. So after that I would just drink a LOT of water in the morning before anything else and that definitely got things moving for me. So maybe try that? And yes after day 3 it's not so bad, the body just needs a couple days to figure out what's going on! Good luck everyone!

• iluvlife - I would be interested in beginning a MC on the 10th with you!! I have been doing a lot of reading and following the posts and I am intrigued. But I really feel I would need some time to prep and gather ingredients and materials, so having some time to plan would be perfect!!

• bAlance- Okay yay!! It's so motivating to do the MC with someone else, especially during those first couple days :) I'll be posting my progress to my blog but if anyone wants to email me too my email is: theangelgurl@hotmail.com (

• Great!! I am more excited to start a MC now I know someone will be doing it with me!! This is my first one so I am certainly nervous. Trying to do just green smoothies and fruit with a cooked vegan dinner in preparation, been going well this week. I just can't wait for the headaches to stop!!!

• Thanks Simplyraw. I've done the gallbladder flush three times over the past year or so, with good results, so I will look into the kidney cleanse. It's strange, though, because I haven't had the back pain since day 3 - completely back to normal, although I only tried the salt-water flush one more time on day 5 - and I have been able to work out everyday! Not with the same intensity, mind you, but I was still able to sweat and get my heart going.

Day 7! and I feel quite good:) I've been thinking that I'd like to come off the cleanse into a juice fast for about 5 days, and then we go camping so it will be difficult without electricity.

I read some posts about the high cost of maple syrup and how agave is cheaper. This is not the case in Canada where we make a load of maple syrup. I just bought some for $11 Canadian a litre, while agave is at least twice that price. Funny, eh? (oops, sorry about that Canadianism:)

• Keep a journal of your experience on the MC:

Well...I made it the 10 days feeling just awesome and decided to continue today - on day 11. I've been able to work out at about 80% capacity most days, but I feel I am still detoxing and passing waste material, so I think I will hang on as long as this continues. I'll need to transition before we go camping this weekend, but it has been great reading everyone's experience. I only wish that I had kept a daily journal of my experience so I can reference this the next time I undergo this clease. That would be my parting advice to beginners.

• bAlance- I'm glad you're easing yourself into the MC with green smoothies, it's so easy to indulge in your last week before the cleanse but easing in will make those first couple days so much easier! Woo!!! 3 more days!!!!

rAWnglish teecher- That's awesome that you're going to go a little longer than planned! I'm hoping that will happen to me too! Also, that's great that you've been working out...it helps the detox move along. I didn't really work out during my first MC so I'm definitely going to do that this time around because on the one or two days I worked out during the first one I could see how much it helped. As far as keeping a daily journal, it really does help so much! There are lots of forums and discussion sites for Master Cleanse where you can just post daily journal entries and discuss things with other people on the MC. I did one on 43things.com which helped a lot. It's great to have that sort of support system. This time I'm blogging about it so that will help too and I think I might actually post on 43things again.

http://peaceandluvlife.blogspot.com/

• Hey guys! I'm starting the MC tomorrow, July 9th!! Not sure how long it will be--at LEAST 10 days, but I'd like to go for more!

• Feeling prepared and excited and nervous - like I am embarking on an adventure!! I think I am all prepared - I did buy a mass of peaches last night ('cause the nectarenes were gone) and will splruge on those this evening. Not sure what to expect from this but willing to try. Have my ingredients and journal - I would like to find a forum to share experiences like those mentioned above....I'll look into it.

rAWnglish teacher / iluvlife - glad you posted about exercise. I have a pretty regimented routine and hate to deter from it. I understand I may have to take it a bit easy, but it's good to know I can still workout and that I will have the energy to do so!!

• Good luck, bAlance! I was nervous and excited too, and I made it 12 days on the Master Cleanse and feel wonderfully light and peaceful. The first three days were rough, so don't expect too much of yourself and realize that things change day to day on this journey. I didn't start exercizing until about day 3 or 4, and the ability increased with each day. Pace yourself and be kind to yourself. Just cling to your determination with the goal of better health and you will be rewarded at the end of the cleanse.

Good luch to you to, Chantanoog!

• did anybody get extremely dizzy the first day of the cleanse? i started the cleanse, felt fine all morning but by 3 was so dizzy i had to run and grab some vegetables... felt fine after i ate them. is this normal? is it safe to try the cleanse again?

• andreadugs - I didn't get that dizzy. It was probably a symptom of detox, and by eating you have delayed the process, so unfortunately, (at least from my understanding of the cleanse) you have to start again once you have broken the fast. Were you drinking all 12 glasses? Maybe you needed more liquid. I put only half the amount of recommended maple syrup because I felt the two tablespoons was too much. I drank nearly 12 x 10oz glasses per day and I really felt this kept my energy up, but I still lost lots of weight and got rid of all the nasty stuff inside:) I remember that I slept on the afternoon of day 3, and that really helped. The first few days, I just kept counting down, marking them off the calendar, but by the time day 7,8... came I was ready to handle another 10 days. It really is amazing if you can just wait out the first few awful days.

Good luck with it.

• Thank you so much for your response. i did indeed stop the cleans after i ate the vegetables, i was pretty scared of how i was feeling. i may try it again and ease into the cleanse... unfortunately my job requires me to be very alert while im here, and the dizziness, (really feeling out of it) i didnt want to effect my job. i didnt even get thru the whole 12 glasses bc it was 3pm and i was worried about how my body was reacting.. ia m a healthy eater but my job has me out fairly often, and the detox from the alcohol might have something to do with my adverse reaction. i will try again next week and let you know. have you heard of any serious advrse reactions to the cleanse? or just general harmless feelings of detox the first few days. thanks again , take care

• Okay. 1st day! this is my second, third, or so try at master cleansing (which is not cheap). And before I tried doing master cleanses, I easily did water fasts, juice fasts, and things. but this, for some reason, I have such a hard time with! I think it's because since I've been raw, I haven't felt the need to detox. but man, I know I need to. And my body says I have to. I've been constipated for like, 3 days now. And I don't mean to be like..sick....but everytime I ate, I pooped 5 minutes later. And now, nothing! I must need to detox. I really want to do the master cleanse, but for some reason, I have my brain tricked into thinking that I really "don't have to" because "im raw". but in actuality, that has nothing to do with a toxic body! I need some help here. Anyone else ever made this excuse for themselves? How do I get over it? I'm such a square >.

• LaEnsaladaLaEnsalada Raw Newbie

today was my first day on the master cleanse. It's amazing, I wasn't hungry at all. Unfortunately I just got home and realized that I don't have any salt that isn't iodized so I guess I'll just have to skip the salt water flush today.

• Well today (July 9th), I was planning on starting the cleanse; something interrupted it and I had to be away from home ALL day and I chose not to eat. So not only did I not eat, but I didn't start the cleanse. It's coming up on midnight pretty soon (I work graveyard shift), and I brought the cleanse ingredients here with me so I'm starting tonight. Not exactly when I wanted to start but at least I'm starting!! I'll update when I can!

Good luck everyone!

• How's everyone doing? It's exciting that so many of us are cleansing at the same time :)

Day one (today) went pretty well. I had a bit of a headache but mostly I am excited of what this cleanse will bring!

• LaEnsaladaLaEnsalada Raw Newbie

Today was my second day. I was really tired and crabby. Does anyone else feel a little depressed when your on the cleanse?

• I called all over town today, and couldn't find "Grade B" maple syrup. The local health food store knew what I was talking about, but didn't carry it...that was as close as I got.

Hellooooo....Canada calling, home of the beaver and maple syrup, where are my different grades? Argh.

So...have a bottle of "medium" 100% maple syrup. And a bag of cayenne pepper. And accidentally got TWO boxes of tea. And sea salt...was that supposed to be fine or coarse? Got the fine after shaking the container of coarse and deciding I didn't want to swallow that.

Starting tomorrow, and TERRIFIED. Weird. I think it's failure that I'm afraid of.

Do I need to do the salt water flush right away? I'm thinking that waiting a few days would be a good idea to let what's what flush itself out while it can, and then bring in the heavy artillery. (Or perhaps I'm not looking forward to drinking salt.)

Hope everyone's doing okay, will certainly be back to check on progress and to report!

• Thanks Eszter! It's not so much understanding the grading system as FINDING the right grade. None of the syrup I found had a grade marked on it, so "medium" is what I ended up with, and yes, organic. (Not sure what the exchange rate is these days, but I paid $11.99 CAD for 375ml. Ai yi yi.)

Sorry to hear about your bad experience, as well. You don't think it was part of the detox?

I'm drinking my first glass of lemonade as I type this, and am pleasantly surprised at how good it is, and not disgusting at all. :) The cayenne pepper part really had me freaked out.

How's everyone else doing?