Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Definitely Not a Palin fan

Comments

• As far as I know, Ron Paul is no longer a choice among the third party candidates. He is, however, supporting/endorsing Chuck Baldwin (the Constitution Party candidate).

• KevlarKevlar Raw Newbie

Yeah, Ron Paul’s been out of the race for a while, but he endorsed all of the third party candidates: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j4eziIex_dQ

I was originally just going to write-in Ron Paul, but I’ll probably vote for one of them.

Edit: Woops, it looks like he did just endorse Chuck Baldwin: http://blogs.wsj.com/washwire/2008/09/24/dismis…

That makes my decision easier. :P

• TomsMomTomsMom Raw Newbie

OMSHANTI, you cracked me up:-D

• As of September 22, 2008….

Ron Paul endorses Chuck Baldwin

As of September 23, 2008….

“A New Alliance” by Ron Paul

http://www.ronpaul.com/2008-09-23/ron-paul-endo…

• Thank you SimplyRaw and Kevlar. *Off to look at your links now. :)

• Aspire -

In regards to your question…this is something I posted for Kevlar last week. It is something to think about…

On September 18, 2008…

http://www.restoretherepublic.com/take-action/a…

quoting part of the article…

“This November many will vote for the who they believe to be the “Lesser of two evils” without giving thought to a 3rd party choice. We must carry on Congressman Paul’s message of liberty by sharing with others the very real possibility of breaking the cycle of the 2 party system. The fact is cited in many polls that over 40% of voters consider themselves as independents, not being able to identify with either of the 2 dominant parties. This number is larger than ever and is enough to win an election.”

• Thanks, Aspire :) So – i know this is completely inappropriate to post this here, but i just had to share with my politico friends that i just got back from the market with 18 bunches of kale and am about to try to make kale chips for the first time. wish me luck! ;)

Cool! I was just about to whip up a batch of hummus. :)

• DagnyTaggart -

Let us know how the kale chips come out. I have not tried those yet.

Wanted to throw this out there…

Cynthia McKinney Ready to take McCain’s Podium at Friday’s Debate

http://votetruth08.com/

I would love to hear some of your thoughts guys.:)

• MeditatingMeditating Raw Newbie

SIMPLYRAW I was going to vote for the Green Party in order to help raise that party up until Palin got in the race. I am now actively working for the Obama campaign. I think it is more important to stop the religious wackos from taking over.

The Green Party seems to be the best third-party out there and isn’t interested in preserving the status quo of a plutocracy. No way in hell McKinney gets to take McCain’s place. I’d almost agree to eat a turd if that happened!

• Meditating – Thanks for the input.

I have to say…I too thought the Green Party was appealing. But now am lingering between the Green Party and Obama.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts…minus the turd.

• Meditating – BTW, can you still see the white house???

McKinney definitely ain’t a puppet. She’s the real deal.

A debate between her and Obama would be pure awesomeness.

It would probably go something like this:

Obama: Lets have universal health care.

McKinney: Okay.

Obama: Lets save the environment.

McKinney: Okay.

Obama: Let’s start another war.

McKinney: Shut the f### up.

• MeditatingMeditating Raw Newbie

SIMPLY RAW – Sorry about the turd. That was my first idea on how to explain a long shot.

I was just out on my back porch and I saw the moon, so I’ve decided to become an astronaut.

Here’s a great article called When Atheists Attack – A noted provocateur rips Sarah Palin and defends elitism,

What is so unnerving about the candidacy of Sarah Palin is the degree to which she represents and her supporters celebrate the joyful marriage of confidence and ignorance. Watching her deny to Gibson that she had ever harbored the slightest doubt about her readiness to take command of the world’s only superpower, one got the feeling that Palin would gladly assume any responsibility on earth:

“Governor Palin, are you ready at this moment to perform surgery on this child’s brain?”

“Of course, Charlie. I have several boys of my own, and I’m an avid hunter.”

“But governor, this is neurosurgery, and you have no training as a surgeon of any kind.”

“That’s just the point, Charlie. The American people want change in how we make medical decisions in this country. And when faced with a challenge, you cannot blink.”

Love it.

• McKinney should be allowed in the debate whether McCain shows up or not. It frustrated me to no end when I was voting for Nader and he wasn’t allowed in the debate. These are not crackpots nominating my cat for President (the grey one – the white one’s kind of an idiot) – these are highly intelligent people and valid candidates even though – because they near the start of a push for more than two political parties – they don’t have a chance of winning the election. They do have a chance of gaining more and more of a percentage of the vote each election and making the point that the two party system is broken and compromised beyond repair. What is the problem – the debate would have to go longer than 90 minutes? The American attention span would be tested? Monday’s premier episode of Heroes was 120 minutes. Can’t the Presidential debate be as long as a show about super powers? Meditating – LOL re your cosmonaut plans. I can see Alcatraz from my apartment balcony. I guess i’m going to jail, not collecting $200. Kevlar – how did your hummus turn out? I’ll let you guys know about kale 101 tomorrow when the quick 10 hour drying time is up. i bought way too much kale – turns out it takes only about 8-10 heads to fill up 9 trays, and i think i might have messed up and put too much on each tray. also didn’t have agave at home – which i thought i did – so i just kind of winged it with different spices on each tray. there was a raw chef in the camp next to mine at Burning Man last year, and he had the most awesome kale chips – I’ve been craving them ever since and never got around to trying to make.

^ agree with all of the above.

The “Real Hummus” recipe here is stuuupendous: http://www.goneraw.com/recipes/2247-Real-Hummus

It turned out a little too spicy this time, because I used an entire jalapeno, but it was still great. ;)

• omshantiomshanti Raw Newbie

this from an east coast buddy of mine, i wold so support this!!!:

To my fellow Americans…...

I’m against the $85,000,000,000.00 bail out of AIG.

Instead, I’m in favor of giving $85,000,000,000 to America in a We Deserve It Dividend.

To make the math simple, let’s assume there are 200,000,000 bonafide U.S. Citizens 18+.

Our population is about 301,000,000 +/- counting every man, woman and child. So 200,000,000 might be a fair stab at adults 18 and up..

So divide 200 million adults 18+ into $85 billon that equals $425,000.00.

My plan is to give $425,000 to every person 18+ as a We Deserve It Dividend.

Of course, it would NOT be tax free. So let’s assume a tax rate of 30%.

Every individual 18+ has to pay $127,500.00 in taxes. That sends $25,500,000,000 right back to Uncle Sam.

But it means that every adult 18+ has $297,500.00 in their pocket. A husband and wife has $595,000.00.

What would you do with $297,500.00 to $595,000.00 in your family? Pay off your mortgage – housing crisis solved. Repay college loans – what a great boost to new grads Put away money for college – it’ll be there Save in a bank – create money to loan to entrepreneurs. Buy a new car – create jobs Invest in the market – capital drives growth Pay for your parent’s medical insurance – health care improves Enable Deadbeat Dads to come clean – or else

Remember this is for every adult U S Citizen 18+ *including the folks* who lost their jobs at Lehman Brothers and every other company that is cutting back. And of course, for those serving in our Armed Forces.

If we’re going to re-distribute wealth let’s really do it…instead of trickling out a puny $1000.00 ( “vote buy” ) economic incentive that is being proposed by one of our candidates for President.

If we’re going to do an $85 billion bailout, let’s bail out every adult U S Citizen 18+!

As for AIG – liquidate it.

Sell off its parts.

Let American General go back to being American General. Sell off the real estate.

Let the private sector bargain hunters cut it up and clean it up.

Here’s my rationale.

We deserve it and AIG doesn’t.

Sure it’s a crazy idea that can “never work.”

But can you imagine the Coast-To-Coast Block Party!

How do you spell* Economic Boom?

I trust my fellow adult Americans to know how to use the $85 Billion We Deserve It Dividend* more than I do the geniuses at AIG or in Washington DC.

And remember, this plan only really *costs $59.5 Billion because $25.5 Billion is returned instantly in taxes to Uncle Sam.

Ahhh…I feel so much better getting that off my chest.

PS: *Feel free to pass this along to your pals as it’s either good for a laugh *or a tear or a very sobering thought on how to best use *$85 Billion!!

dagney i havent tried kale chips either but have returned to regular hummus after all the zuccinni hummus and seed hummus here for over a year..nothing like the real thing even though the gas will could be used to stun terrorists!

i found this on chuck baldwins website and thought it was a great quote: “Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost.”—John Quincy Adams

I was leaning heavily towards Obama as my thinking was like yours, third party doesnt have a chance…but maybe they dont have a chance becuase everyone thinks they dont have a chance….yes yes naive, silly, yes i know…but sheesh i read his stuff and watched his videos and he addresses some isssues diirectly that are near and dear to my heart! outside of his baptist ministerness he seems like some one i can relate to! Obama is a wonderful orator an intellegent man , and i hope not to politically tainted, but he hasnt anywhere that ive read, or seen, addressed topics near and dear to me directly…my Mom (the dyed in the wool democrat that she is, sweet woman) says that people speaking so spacifically dont have a realistic overall global or even countrywide view, i can respect that opinion, but with our eyes on the horizon, what about the day to day lives that we spend our time living?. sigh, im so confused and weary frankly…. Im still undecided…..ps ive forwarded your comment on your white cat to his myspace page, expect poop in your shoes by the weekend! hahhahahahahahah

meditating: one of our fav family jokes is a quote from an aquaintence of ours who is shall we say… a large man ” I’d eat a turd if it was batter fried!” hahahhaha welll maybe if you have to eat one, batter it and fry it up like a funnel cake!!! teehee

• JoyceHJoyceH Raw Newbie

I thought it was rather funny how the McCain campaign won’t allow any reporters or the news media near Sarah Palin during her meetings at the UN. It’s quite obvious all this protection is for the sole purpose of preventing any embarrassment to the campaign from someone who blatently has zero experience regarding foreign policy. And of course it was rather entertaining when Biden seized the opportunity to discuss his broad knowledge and experience dealing with foreign policy with the media for about 40 minutes yesterday after the press could only get about 40 seconds with Palin. On VPR/NPR this morning, they were discussing how Biden’s been to the Middle East almost a dozen times or more? (forget the exact number) and he actually knows several world leaders on a first name basis. NPR said that the president of Georgia actually called up Biden personally during the recent invasion. And I’m guessing Palin probably didn’t even know the Capital of Georgia before the whole Russian invasion fiasco….

On my ride home yesterday we had the satelite radio on the CNN station. Laura Bush made a boo boo by saying something like this : ‘well of course Sarah Palin has no foreign policy experience! But she’s a quick learner’....and the media was all over that comment from Laura Bush…so hilarious and scary at the same time….... I think if Palin would just come out and ADMIT she’s not qualified, there would be much less contempt and ill feelings towards her from the opposition.

Hey Kevlar – glad you like the ‘real hummus’ recipe! It’s the best! I’ve been raving about that one for a while now. Good reminder to buy some more chick peas and get them soaking tonight for some hummus tomorrow night!

• DagnyTaggart -

I always enjoy reading what you post. The writer in you really shines!:) Thanks for your comments. I agree the other candidates are highly intelligent individuals, who should be allowed in the debate.

Meditating – not a prob….I enjoyed your turd comment…completely understood what you were trying to express…found it funny and humorous.:) (My grandmother is a white, female “Bill Cosby”. I was raised around comments/wit like that. If you didn’t know your head from your #&#@ ...you had better watch out.Grandmother = One Tough Woman!)

JoyceH – So gracious yet full of information. Knows how to make her point and point the facts out. I Love It!!

All in all…I know this thread has gotten heated at moments, but I am happy we have had this time and thread to hear each other. Some of the posts on here have been well thought through, written, and full of information. I just wanted to say THANKS!!! I envy the intelligence some of you have shown in your posts!!!

39 days and 20 hours left until election. I am ready to hear MORE!!!

• Meditating you are hysterical….I hope you won’t be a turd eating astronaut. We need you here on Earth and turds just aren’t yummy at all… And love the portion of the article about Palin and brain surgery. This is such a farce.

Omshanti I fwd your We Deserve It Dividend speech to my husband… so it will get wide distribution. And the “voting for principle” – YES.

Joyce It is good to look ‘behind the scenes’ as to what motives are in action when it comes to decisions being made during this election process and interviews, etc. It begs many questions.

Dagny, Simply Raw, Aspire – good, thoughtful, intelligent posts. (D – how are the kale chips?)

About McCain wanting to postpone the debate. I’m looking at it a few different ways, 1. Is he really wanting to “focus” on the current economic bailout and things going on with that? OR 2. Is he being swayed by the emotion and hullabaloo with it and is this indicative of his leadership?

3. Is it better to “carry on” and remain stalwart in the agenda laid before us? OR 4. Is it better to be “flexible” to crisis and take care of imminent things of importance? OR 5. Does it really freaking matter?

My feeling is that it takes a great deal of wisdom when things are as dire as they are to decide when it is important to carry on with the business at hand (suck it up, pull up the boot straps and move forward) and when it’s important to cut loose from agenda and deal with other matters…. The truth is, people can sit back and argue the case for each… the trick is to have the WISDOM, STRENGTH, INTELLIGENCE AND LEADERSHIP to choose the right thing to do in the million and one scenarious that will be laid out over the course of the next 4 years. Who is that person?

• Ohhh!!!!

We must not forget Greenghost who started it all! A seed…grown from a video JoyceH posted.

Mammamilk – Yes, to vote for the person who has the WISDOM, STRENGTH, INTELLIGENCE, AND LEADERSHIP would be the ideal thing to do. But like you said… “Who is that person?”

(BTW, I have enjoyed your posts as well!!:) With all those you listed Thank you!)

I have to say I have never felt so distraught and on the fence about an election…as I do this one. Honestly, I do not fully see these traits in the candidates. I am not at all thrilled with M/P. I apologize, but that is just a joke and possibly another war that has no purpose. In regards to Obama…he speaks well in regards to wrongs with our country. But I do not hear straight solutions from him. I want to hear more about his plans and his solutions. Not about the time is here for change, but what is he going to do about it. I think if more of us, heard more of this from him… we would not feel so undecided. I plan to watch the debates and hear something that I feel I need to hear. He does have a way of pumping the public up (talented speaker) but for me i hope he is not all talk…I hope he is action. I feel his heart is in the right place, but I need something more for my conscious.

I guess in the end, the vote might become about freedom of religion (not freedom of christianity)... if not already for some.

But I do really appreciate the quote Omshanti posted…

“Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost.” – John Quincy Adams

I wish it was an “open and shut” choice for me. Maybe in 39 days it will be.

• greenghostgreenghost Raw Newbie

thanx simplyraw and to everyone who posted.

Freedom of Speech is a beautiful thing.
    ~even when it sometimes pisses you off ;)

• Hi guys – just checking in to update you on the kale chips. My first try was not a shining success – lol. I put the chips in the dehydrator at about 112 degrees at 10pm last night, went and spent the night at my bf’s, and got home this morning around 10 – so 12 hours in dehydrator. apparently, too long. The chips are rather tasty – but they are kind of dried bits of kale – nothing resembling a snack that you could set out in a bowl for company. that has not stopped me from shoveling the little bits in my mouth while i’ve been working today, and now my stomach is killing me! i think too much dehydrated anything is probably not good for you. i’m going to save the rest to sprinkle over my next few salads. next time, i’ll make sure to check the dehydrator after 7 or 8 hours. happily, my produce guy likes me and sold me all the kale for .99 a head instead of their usual price of 2.50 per head!

i couldnt believe this kevlar as we just had a discussion about it..from yahoo this afternoon! how funny is that?;0)

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080925/ap_on_re_us…

• Wow! I can just imagine my mom trying to drop me off at the hospital when I was 17. I know it is a very serious and sad subject – but it’s (inappropriately) funny when I picture my mom trying to ditch me my senior year of high school. McCain is really taking heat from all angles regarding this attempt to reschedule his debate and take the VP debate off-calendar for now. I wonder what is going to happen. Maybe he’ll show up tomorrow but make a bit of a grand-standing opening statement about it?

I’ve kind of stopped believing in coincidences. Life is bizarre sometimes.

Wow, a guy dropped off all nine of his kids! That’s pretty crazy, but at the same time, it’s better for them to be adopted than live in a home that couldn’t support them.

• Kevlar, nice thought, but teenagers – usually – do not get adopted. They’ll be in foster care – which I suppose is better than no care. But I think a 17 year old might do better on his own than in foster care.

Yeah, agreed, the teenager thing struck me as abuse of the law too. There should probably be an age cutoff.

And my gut instinct about the McCain thing is that it’s a political ploy to give the impression that he really cares about the economy, but it’s also possible that they’re just setting the stage for Bush to cancel the election (as unlikely as that may be), but only time will tell.

• That story made me so sad. It’s horrible the way children are treated as if they are not wanted. In fact, a lot of kids are treated sub-human by society and their own parents. My goodness. I thought that law was the ‘moses law’ where the infants were dropped off – I had no idea they expanded it to older kids too. I guess it has it’s pros and cons and if there’s a better chance for the kids, then so be it.

Dagny, I can’t imagine your mom wanting to drop you off anywhere. Look at you now… a spunky, well-versed, kale-chip eating, writer/attorney – you would make any mama proud. I can’t believe kale is usually 2.50 where you are! Is it organic? Here in Texas it’s normally .99… glad your guy cut you a deal.