Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Definitely Not a Palin fan

18910111214»

Comments

• MeditatingMeditating Raw Newbie

VEGAN2RAW – I agree with you. Our economic model is not sustainable and the political machine is irretrievably corrupt. We need a viable candidate who opposes corporatism and will implement a complete makeover. That isn’t going to happen until we have mass citizen protests and revolts. Until something unspeakably wicked happens, I personally don’t think our people have the spine (right now I would guess 2% of us are good to go). If we did, we would have already been in the streets.

However, Palin is intellectually bankrupt. I don’t mean that in what she would call an “elitist” way. There is no shortage of people without formal educations or money who are very intelligent and thoughtful. This woman doesn’t even know the job description of the position she is running for and she can’t speak in complete sentences.

It’s like she is George W. Bush with bigger balls and no penis.

• TomsMomTomsMom Raw Newbie

vegan2raw, I never thought Obama was “liberal”, so the news doesn’t surprise me. I do, however, feel he is more intelligent and compassionate of the two leading candidates, and not nearly as greedy, stupid and bovine as McCain and McPalin.

Meditating, I’ve always felt the same way about large-scale civil unrest being the only way to give the boot to our current evils in government. But I also feel the American people will never have “the spine”(good expression, by the way).

I mean, they have idly stood by over the many years while attrocities were inflicted on their fellow citizens and they have done nothing. They did nothing while orphaned children were routinely mutilated and sterilized by force well into the 1960s, black citizens were burned and lynched, and not only whistled a cheery tune while Japanese-Americans were bundled into camps, they ran to glut themselves on their houses, clothes and food. Can you imagine the mindset of a people who grab up the clothes and food of imprisoned infants??

The fact that most of these evils were committed and okayd by white, patriarchal, “christians” should wake people up, but it won’t. If someone like Sarah Palin was given the room, she would be going much further than “suggesting” to the city librarian that some books might be banned.

American citizens won’t do a damn thing, not even if their collective ass was lit on fire.

• Is no one reading about what the other half of the McCain family is talking about-the black half? Yeah, the McCains (like most American families) have a black half & they are (likely) rooting for OBAMA & not just because he’s [half] black. The black McCains fought for Civil Rights okay! I mean, come on folks, in the 80’s Sen. McCain was rallying against a holiday in honor of one of the WORLD’s most noble humanitarians and freedom fighters: Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Outside of a stupid VP pick, flawed environmental & economic concern, a “too strict” Pro-life stance, & just being downright UNDERqualified, the MLK thing is reason enough for people of color NOT TO vote for McCain/Palin. SO, Here is the Wall Street Journal article on the black side of the McCain family

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB122419511761942…

Also, I just want to say the Palin IS a nit-wit and I will NOT have another ding-bat represent me, as an American, again.