Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Best Juicer?

Comments

• Halas1987Halas1987 Raw Newbie

I use Omega and I haven't experienced any trouble so far. I am happy with it.

ClaireT
  • path2path2 Raw Newbie

I love juicing and have used many juicers. If budget allows, the best juicer to consider buying is the Breville Juice Fountain Duo. It's a bit more expensive, but worth every penny, especially if you juice on a regular basis.

ClaireT
  • jerocarsonjerocarson Raw Newbie
    zinfandel said:

I need your advice about what kind of juicer I should get.

I got the manual HealthyJuicer which is great for leafy greens and wheatgrass but is just not practical for everyday use or juicing large amounts. It takes forever to handpump enough for 1 nice sized glass.

I am thinking of either getting some kind of centrifugal one (Breville) to inspire me to juice daily OR a single gear one (Champion or Omega or something else) for quality.

What do you think?

I will recommend the Breville fountain juicer, they are durable and fast. I have used the 1000-watt model and I could juice under 30-seconds. 
    I hope that helps

• stefanmstefanm Raw Newbie

After 2 years of using Breville BJE200XL centrifugal juicer, I found that I grow from it. On the start of my juicing journey, I use mostly citrus fruits, but with new experience I start to prepare most advanced juice, use vegies and sometimes wheatgrass, and I understand that centrifugal juicer do not satisfy my needs. This year I buy Omega J8004 masticating juicer, and now I can definitely say that a good masticating juicer can help you have a good juice taste. I do not want to say that centrifugal juicer make worse juice, consistence is not good enough for me now. For newbie in juicing, I will recommend to buy a centrifugal juicer for first time, because it is cheaper than masticating, after one year you can definitely make a strong opinion about if you need a masticating juicer. Masticating juicers are more expensive, but it worth.

MyHealingJourney
  • PaulinePauline Raw Newbie

I love my Breville juice fountain plus. I keep a grocery bag in the container for pulp and it makes clean up a breeze. 

• EsmithEsmith Raw Newbie

Very informative thread.

• IBagoIBago Raw Newbie

We are using Bosch for 6 years already and still functioning fine.

ClaireT
  • rickoricko Raw Newbie

There are mainly two types of juicers you can commonly buy, a Centrifugal Juicer or a Cold Press Juicer.

They'll both produce juice but the difference mainly comes down to the quality of the juice and which produces the most juice from the same amount of fruit/vegetable. 

It's widely been tested that the Cold Press Juicer produces a better quality juice (no heat created in the juicing process) and produces more juice. 

With that info, I narrowed down my choices to a Masticating juicer.

I chose for my first juicer a Breville BJX600XL. It's a Masticating Juicer. I got it from Amazon, but I don't think they sell them any longer. It looks very similar to this one being sold on Amazon now made by Kuvings.

After my mom got cancer, we went into high volume juicing and I ended up spending a ton of money for a Norwalk Juicer. As a previous poster mentioned, this is an industrial juicer. Was it worth it? Yeah, the juice it makes is incredible. No pulp to strain. The juice that comes out is absolutely perfect in every way. I've tasted fruits and vegetables that I didn't know they could taste so good. Highly recommend. But the price is what is a killer. And it's a bit of a chore to make juice with the clean-up. 

I've found to eat fruits and vegetables, simplicity, and ease of clean-up have been paramount. Now, I have 2 great juicers in my kitchen. I still use them mainly for breakfast. But I find that I supplement that by getting some pulp with my fruits and vegetables with my blender. To find the best blender, it's either a Vitamix or a Blendtec. And the best deals are to get a factory reconditioned one, that can usually be bought for $279-$299 with free shipping. 

• guptaimonguptaimon Raw Newbie

I am using masticating juicer. It will give you smooth, thicker, nutritious and high-quality juice for your health purposes. 

ClaireT
  • alexisleealexislee Raw Newbie

Hello check out my blog post about juicing! Hopefully it can help you out I listed the juicer I use it is amazinglaughinghttp://alexisdlee.com/2017/12/28/379/

ClaireT
  • renib Deletedrenib Deleted Raw Newbie
    Halas1987 said:

I like this brand a lot too!

ClaireT
  • sharonthejuicersharonthejuicer Raw Newbie

I am using Omega J8006 Nutrition Center and I must admit that it is serving me well. The 1.5 feed chute is just enough for me when putting the produce during preparation. It is also multifunctional because I can use it in crushing coffee beans and making nut butter. The juice is less oxidized and it is easy to clean too. I would recommend this a thousand times.

ClaireT
  • husnainshusnains Raw Newbie

I have a Magimix Le Duo Plus XL, it is quite expensive but worth it.

ClaireT
  • carlahaileycarlahailey Raw Newbie

I am using hamilton beach juice extractor and I am cool with it, so I can recommend you. It has a big container and thanks to it you can make a big quantity of juice. I think, it is a good advantage of this device.

ClaireT
  • alexandrdalexandrd Raw Newbie

is Tribest GSE-5000 not better than  Omega J8006?

ClaireT
  • marieshymarieshy Raw Newbie

Omega J8006 seems a great choice as well as Tribest GSE-5000. But they both cost a fortune and are rather heavy and a bit hard to clean. There are more models reviewed here http://homus.org/best-juicer-for-greens/ to compare horizontal and vertical types of juicers.

• bettykleebettyklee Raw Jr. Leader

I have a Omega J8006, it's pretty smooth and easy to clean. The thing I love the most is that mine has 15-year warranty.

Good luck!! :)

ClaireT
  • juddyjuddy Raw Newbie

Breville is really loud :) but I like it a lot!

ClaireT
  • ClaireTClaireT Raw Master
    juddy said:

Breville is really loud :) but I like it a lot!

The higher the decibel, the better the smoothie. cool

• archerrichard24archerrichard24 Raw Newbie

As you told, I also prefer to use a manual juicer. It’s affordable compared to other electric juicer and also small in size so it’s easy to carry around during traveling. After cleaning it’s totally rust free. As per my perspective, Breville is good juicer for juicing leafy greens and wheatgrass & I recommend you to use this. I am also using manual squeezer to squeeze lemons & oranges.

TammiTrueClaireT
  • JanaceJanace Raw Jr. Superstar

I have an Omega J8006 and the Breville Juice Fountain. I like both for different reasons. The Omega is super easy to clean and you can make juice and it will last up to 3 days because it is a slow masticating juicier. It is amazing for hard veggies, greens, and firm fruits. It does not do well with soft fruit such as pineapple and pear. The Breville is great for when you need a juice quicker and will drink it immediately (oxidizes quickly because it is a centrifugal juicer). I juice a lot of celery and I will use my Omega so I can make a few days worth at a time. It is great for juice fasting too. I started with the Breville and as I got more serious I purchased an Omega. I use both.

ClaireT
  • ayeshakayeshak Raw Newbie
    twitch said:

i have an omega and like it a ton.

the only thing it has trouble with is pineapple...but I prefer my pineapple in smoothies anyway :)

Pineapple smoothies are actually amazing.

I have loved them since I first had them tbh.

ClaireT
  • call me Regiecall me Regie Raw Newbie

I agree about Breville fountain duo, it's probably the best of its kind, and I had no problems with it (my personal fav is carrot+apple). But you've mentioned you need juicer for making green mixes. Sadly, I've never tried to do so. Maybe Jamba will suit you better: https://wisepick.org/best-centrifugal-juicer/? I'd recommend you to read some reviews before choosing.

• jarviscolemanjarviscoleman Raw Newbie

I'm also using Omega and am perfectly happy with it (J8006 model) and using it for several years already. If I was about to buy a new one though, I'd probably go for a higher class juicer like one of these: https://juicerreviewsplus.com/best-masticating-juicers/

• watalwatal Raw Newbie

As a beginner, i don't think it is wise to buy a Breville which cost you above 200 dollars. All of juicers on Amazon have 3 categories, centrifugal, masticating and citrus juicers.

i worked in a juicer factory for 10 years, we manufacturer juicers for Omega, Hammilton Beach and Aicok,Joccu,Sifene. i don't think they have too much difference. 

i suggest you buy a NAMA J2 cost 500USD, it is very good for heavy juicing people. if not, buy a centrifugal under 60usd or slow masticating juicer under 90usd to confirm if you are a juicing lover.

• I like the Pure Juicer https://bit.ly/3d2KCTh with raw organic per the Jason Vale 28 day plan. Also I remove seeds and skins per Dr. Steven Guidry.

• The Pure Juicer is good for Garson therapy. https://bit.ly/3U41dX8

• Josephine said:

Hi zinfadel,

I have a Champion juicer and love it.

:)

You are lucky to own one.  I am looking high and low and it seems that they (new ones, anyway) have disappeared.  

• Halas1987 said:

How long does it take to process a full head of celery? Will it strain out berry or grape seeds?

• samm4samm4 Raw Newbie
    edited November 2022

I believe that the most important part that I wanted to know is how easy are each to clean. I wanted to see how quickly the better juicer got cleaned up. Love my Omega NC800 cold press juicer. It’s so quiet. Apparently its the top dog of cold press juicers. One special feature is it takes me 2 minutes to clean. Actually you should do your own research through blogs.