Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Mangers in a Mange land...

Comments

• Luna bluLuna blu Raw Newbie

angie – Hey there flower child! Hope you had an awsome Sunday! Did you go riding as well?

Superman! Hey kiddo, nice to hear you liked the horse back rinding! It’s alot of fun! :)

ardes – Thanks for getting me thinking of collards! I bought some and yes they are fantastic for wraps!! I will be having living tacos tomorrow night, and the collard will be the taco shell!!

Finally found some Thai coconuts! Went on a huge walk with my dog and hubby down to the asian market and found some perfect coconuts for $1.49. I bought 4, csuse i also got another durian and a pinapple! I was so thirsty when I got home i opened and guzzeld two of them. YUMMY!!! Then I made raw pad Thai noodles with the flesh! YUM YUM YUM! i have two more left. One is reserved for when my durian is ready. Coconut water, durian and coco nibs to eat! Should be a great combo!!

Hope everyone is well and have had a wonderful Sunday!!

• oh cool luna you have to try this get your collard wraps and make you a tomato sauce with dates,oregano,garlic,sundried tomato, 1 small tomatoe and then marinate some mushrooms with lemon and garlic, to that add you some alfalfa or spicy sprouts and julienne you some cucumber, red pepper, avocado, and just eat this is so tasty and quick to make… let me know how it works…. I think I even no a site that has a recipe similar to this

COLLARD ROLLS

Collard greens provide an excellent source of calcium, zinc, folate, manganese, vitamins C, A and K.

4 collard large leaves, cleaned 1 avocado, cored and sliced 6 baby carrots, sliced into matchsticks 1/2 cucumber, sliced into matchsticks 1 cup sun-dried tomato paste (recipe follows) 1/2 cup clover sprouts 1/2 cup wasabi dipping sauce (recipe follows)

1 Fold the collard green in half lengthwise and with a knife, remove the center stem from each leaf. You should have 8 leaf-halves total. 2 Spread 1-2 teaspoons of sun-dried tomato paste on each leaf. Top with cucumber, carrots, avocado slice and sprouts. Roll the leaf. 3 Serve with wasabi dipping sauce.

Servings: 2 Yield: 8 rolls

SUN-DRIED TOMATO SPREAD 1/2 c sun-dried tomatoes, soaked, reserve water 2 garlic cloves, minced 1 small tomato, remove seeds, diced 1 date, pitted and soaked 1 T lemon 1 T olive oil 1 T Italian seasoning

Combine all ingredients, except sun-dried tomatoes in a food processor. Add sun-dried tomatoes last, along with reserved water to create a thick mixture.

• Yeah no VItam-ix kid wants to go to art camp and that cost 265.00 a week for yeah 6 weeks so there you have it.. back to the regular blender which is cool as long as it works…. I am kinda over the vita-mix hype…. I have found myself just being happy to be able to eat 100% .... a friend of mines that hasn’t seem me in a long time asked me to warm up some of his food he had and I looked around and asked him do you see anything in here to heat food up… I mean there is a huge whole where a stove used to be….. he shrugged his shoulders and told me I was being extreme… so I made him a green juice and he text me later from his cell phone that he was feeling great and wished he knew how to eat like this…..

• angie207angie207 Raw Master

Hey, guys! Yes, I had a great Sunday! I only rode half a block and back, but it was just fun to be on a horse! I did the pic in Photoshop in my class (it was a basic digital media class where we got to learn just a tiny bit about several different media – images, audio, video, powerpoint, etc.) The class I want to take next is using Photoshop and Illustrator – hopefully I will get in.

Ardes – Don’t know about all the kinds of pulp, but there are some bread recipes using veggie pulp – there is an olive rosemary bread on this site, and om has a couple of bread recipes using veggie pulp. As for the green smoothies made with juice, why not? If you like fruit & greens together, it would work. If you drink the juice by itself, however, it absorbs more readily without having to go through the digestive system like it does when it has the fiber with it. So if you guys can drink the juices alone and then eat fruit at a different time, I think it’s better that way. But, seriously, just do what works – you don’t get enough sleep to lose any over this :) You are inspiring to me, being so dedicated and preparing ahead of time and all. I am sprouting grain as we speak, because I have realized that when I make sprouted grain bread and raw mayo, I have easy meals by just making open-faced sandwiches with sliced veggies and sprouts. I love it! Oh, yeah, that tomato sauce sounds good, too. Is it anything like barbecue sauce? I have been wanting to make a barbecue sauce for a barbecue flavor pizza.

Ardes – just saw your last post – that story about your friend is the best! I love it :) I had an acquaintance over one day to learn a little about raw food, and I made her a green juice with lime and ginger to drink while I talked to her and showed her how to do some other stuff. She told me it really energized her – I love seeing people discover how good they can feel. Yeah, just being able to eat raw is a huge deal for me, too.

• hmmmm yeah angie we actually can drink the juice by itself with no problem, but still love the smoothies in the morning… I have to think this over now as what you says makes a lot of since…...

• BluedolfinBluedolfin Raw Newbie

stRAWberry~ I just looked up Patrick Stewart on IMDb. According to the website, he was born in 1940! I thought he was at least 10 years younger than that! WOW! Is that man’s charisma ageless or what? swooning

st – let me know how the bread is, if you ever try it. I have settled for my simple wheat & barley bread (no flavor, but sometimes I brush garlic oil on it after dehydrating), and buying om’s bread. The lemon cookies were GOOD, but too sour for me, so I make them with less lemon and more agave, and the other thing is I made a double batch cuz they took 2 days to dry enough for me to think they were cookies (still soft, but I could pick them up by then). Have fun mowing your grass :( I am so sorry to hear your crazy lawnmower troubles.

As for Patrick Stewart, I knew he was that old, and I still swoon. But then I’ve always had a thing for charismatic older men. When I went to dances a lot a couple of years ago, I had a thing for a guy who was around 60 (I’m 33). he was a helicopter mechanic or pilot or something, and he rode a motorcycle. But we never got past flirting, even though he did finally get my number once. He got married.

• st – It wasn’t MY horse, and I just asked somebody if I could pet the horse, and he said I could RIDE the horse, and I just got to ride it for a little bit and he said I could ride it again sometime. :-))

My parents – Well, my dad really just asked me what to do to stay awake at night, so now he is on days and I don’t know if he intends to stay eating what he has been the last few weeks or not. My mom is high-stress, and her attitude has gotten really crappy the more I have talked to her about this or that being healthy – she stresses herself out and criticizes others. So I told her I think I need to stop talking to her about it, and she agreed – I think I have done enough teaching and they can and need to decide how much of it to use and they always know they can ask me if they have questions. I have gotten really tired of only talking about raw food all the time, so I am really ready to let things mellow.

Hey ardes, thanks for the recipe, I shall have to give it a try!!! I just harvested some dandelion greens from my lawn (we don’t fertilize or use pesticides!!) Is there a good juice combo I can make with them?. I am going to post this question on it’s own to get everyone in on it!

Patrick Stewart has a fantastic pressence, that makes him so very appealing. The age old geek question : who would win in a fight together, Picard or Kirk? If Kirk fought fair, Picard!!! Yes I am a huge geek!!

Where is everybody? (echo) Nobody to play with today? (sound of crickets)

I just finished making raw choco. macaroons. I added powdered gogi berries, whole cocoa nibs and ground hemp seeds to make them more of a superfood treat! YUMMY!

The durian sitting on my table keeps looking at me with a come hither sort of look. ‘Leave me alone, I am not in the mood, I have a head ache!!’ hee hee hee.;) Watch Shazzie on youtube with a durian, and you will understand. You have to be 18 to access this vid. Nuff said.

Luna – choco macaroons? I am DROOLING!!!!! Recipe, please? :)

Speaking of raw chocolate – I have loved raw chocolate; it has been awesome for balancing my hormones the last couple of years among other things. This last time I bought a cheaper brand cuz money was tight – NEVER AGAIN! I got super emotional and realized it was PMS! Sunday I had cramps so bad I remembered why people take (OTC) drugs for this stuff! I realized I haven’t had PMS as long as I eat raw cacao when I crave it, but I will definitely be going back to DW’s cacao after this! :) I also think the other brand was making me bloated & have really stinky farts, which just made me crankier!

ang. – the recipe is on here hon. Rawcleairs recipe. That was her ‘going away’ gift to us all.

Anyhoooo, they are as simple as raw pie! :) 3 cups shredded coconut, 1 cup agave:( or I suppose you could use raw honey, and 1 1/2 cups raw cacoa. Then get creative with gogis, maca, nibs or what not! If you add powdery stuff like maca, you should add a little more liquidy (agave) stuff to keep the original consistency. I added a few shakes of cayene to a couple of the macs. i didn’t want to add it tot the whole batch just in case it was yucky! I am a lunatic!

I still get cramps, but as Dw says, I am living the ‘BEST DAY EVER; even when I am about to be ‘inconvenienced’ for a few days!

Simple as raw pie :D HAHA!!! That was funny :)

Okay, we were reading a thing the other day where the Washington Post or some big paper had a contest – sort of a “Balderdash” type thing. This was funny.

Flatulence – The emergency vehicle that picks you up after you have been run over by a steamroller :D

FLATULENCE!!!! HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA! OH MY!!

Good one!! My hubby will like that!

Yeah, it made me laugh pretty hard, too! for a long time :)

I think I’m going to have to go buy some cacao.

I just made some kale, dandelion, apple juice. Not bad. I am not going to spray to get rid of dandelions, that is crazy. not obly is it toxic to the environment, it is getting rid of free food!! Greens that i didn’t have to plant and tend. Wildcrafted at it’s finest! I just hope the dog didn’t poop on them! :) ha ha ha!

Dog poop juice! hahahahahahahaha! :D Glad to know you don’t taste the poop, errr, uhh, I mean, glad to know it tastes okay – Good thing we don’t have a dog any more ;) heehee So I settled for a salad instead of buying the cacao just yet, and I may make a pizza before school starts again on Wednesday, while I still feel like I can spend time on a gourmet recipe.

I was just watching some youtube vids of Juliano. He is flaky, yet likable. he kinda acts like a 12 year old girl! Hee hee hee. I had a gay friend who acted kinda like him. He moved away, I miss the catty, bichy insults we would throw at each other. people who met us for the first time, would go all quite and look back an forth between us, thinking, ‘she or he is going to kill the other for that comment! Loved that bitch! Oh well! Great looking guy, go figure!! He had a crush on my husband!!! He tells me and then says,’ DON’t you DARE tell him!’ PHHH, I did!

That’s FUNNY! (the crush on your husband and you told him)

I just made a good sweet barbecue sauce, and I am so excited to make a barbecue pizza – I’m thinking mushrooms, onions, and I don’t know if I’ll add olives, but fresh tomatoes would be good, too. Yum! I might go buy some more veggies (peppers are even sounding good, and I don’t even usually like them)and just load it up!

I’m a real $h!# head!!!

Sounds yummy. what is the crust?

It’s raw taco night, taco night, taco, taco, taco night! (In a sing song voice while dancing like Lucy from Charlie Brown)

I’m so excited. I think I am having one of those idiot raw giddy days!!! LOVE IT!!! I feel like I am 12!!!!

Sounds like the cacao is kicking in! :) It’s a good day – I’m enjoying your giddiness, too.

The pizza crust is ground flax with salt and fresh garlic. I just made a mini crust & put in the dehydrator. Mmmmmm…

Taco night! How do you make your tacos? Yum :)

I make fresh raw salsa, guac, walnut taco meat, shred lettuce (today it’s arugula) and usually a raw sour creame (not today, I have no lemons) :( Then i’m gonna put it onto collard green. (Thanks ardes) So just use your fave recipes for those things and plop it into collard. FRESH!!

i should make raw pizza agian. it’s been a while!!

It IS a good day. Every day is a good day, but some are EVEN better! You know when little girls play, they always scream? I think I now know why they do that! Pure giddiness and raw excitement!!! I keep wanting to squeal, but I don’t want to hurt my vocal chords!!

Why are we the only ones playing? i am enjoying chatting with you though! Ijust don’t want it to be a private party! :)

I know – HELLOOOOOOO everyone!

I haven’t made raw tacos for a long time – and I’ve never tried walnut taco meat, is that on here too? I use a sunflower seed “bean” type filling, but everything else sounds the same except the wrap – I use romaine, or sometimes I have made raw corn tortillas – I’m going to have to do that when I grow corn this summer! They freeze well, too, so maybe I’ll grow some extra corn. :)They’re kinda nice when I want something a little heavier in the winter.

ang – I take about a cup of soaked walnuts, about a tsp of nama, or I guess you could use lemon juice for some moisture, then I put about a tsp of chili powder and a pinch of cumin. If you use lemon juice, I would use some celtic sea salt, to your taste and cracked black pepper! Then I just coursly chop it into a ‘cooked ground beef’ cosistency in the food pro. So easy and really nummy.

I have made ‘nacho cheese’ slices from Julianos book, and I just use them as soft taco shells. But the greens are great in a pinch! Plus you get the added benefit of the green power! Chlorophyl is my friend!

Thanks, that sounds good! I love the greens, too, just sometimes it’s nice to have something a little more filling. Then I drink green juice to get my “friend” involved in my life! :)