Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Mangers in a Mange land...

Comments

• jenergyjenergy Raw Newbie

HAA!! OMG Luna, you’re so funny. Aren’t you 13 now? ;o)

I am afraid to try durian. Also, I’ve never seen it around here. Been eyeing the humongous papayas at Safeway lately, though.

I also forgot, I wanted to say to om, I’m so glad your husband is ok after his crash! My parents ride (yes, I was raised by hippies and bikers, haha) and I always worry about them just a little when they’re on a run. And you are SO RIGHT about cherishing every moment we have with loved ones. My son drives me up the friggen wall sometimes and I find myself really yelling at him, and then I feel just awful about it. What if that was our last memory of each other if something bad were to happen? It’s good to be reminded to always part with loving words.

From nothing for days to two posts in a row from me… aren’t you all so lucky? ;o)

Oh yeah and HAPPY EARTH DAY!

• Luna bluLuna blu Raw Newbie

We are blessed!;)

• angie207angie207 Raw Master

Jenergy – Hi! Good to hear from you again :) So jealous of the mango/avocado trip you’re going on, but have fun! :)

Luna – Yeah, you were talking about the pudding you made & said you gave some to your dog, & I got worried… Good to know about the cinnamon, if I ever try one :)

I got acupunctured today and didn’t die! Actually, I want to go back.

angie ~ sometimes I figure people can read minds or somthing i guess, and I may make things clear as mud! Hey acupunture is great, it doesn’t hurt!

Well, I like it with cinnamon, but you may try it and think ‘luna has no taste!’ Don’t be mad at me if you think it’s putrid when you finally try it! i still am not sure exactly what to think of it really. It tastes the best with the cinnamon, didn’t say it was heavenly or anything.:)

luna – no wories about the durian – I’ve just been really curious. Good to know you don’t describe it as heavenly :)

Great picture, Luna! :o)

• omshantiomshanti Raw Newbie

hey jenergy welcome back! how fun, mexico! you will get amazing produce down there dont forget papaya with lime! but remember its been sprayed within an inch of its life with pestisides! wash all the skin before you peel it! have a great time!

angie, glad to know you survivied acupuncture! i always enjoyed it! wonder if they could help my butt? i was still looking for leaches! teehee

luna, man can you believe that victoria boutinco thread? sigh sometimes people amaze me with their “rudeness’ not even so much about VB wieght jsut the way they speak to each other on line in the forumn…really eye opening!makes me want to move off the grid into my yurt inthe mountains somewhere where there are no people! sigh guess im having a low faith in people day…i have two extra ponys coming to live at my farm today, they didnt work out for my friends kids, which makes me sad for the kids and the ponys, they are dolls i hope i can rehome them and make everyone happy! i feel responsible and their mom is really freaked out about the money they spent for them with my go ahead..yuck its the part of the job i hate, sometimes stuff doesnt work out…. ah well we shall see… sorry for dumping!

I know ill feel better after my kundalini yoga tape, idd it yesterdy! wow im loving it! you guys have a blessed day!

jenergy – thanks! I am a little sad about it, as I had gained 30! pounds in between my last rawness and this one. My face looks too chubby, it’s usually more defined!! We are always hyper critical of ourselves aren’t we?! Well, I’m workin on it!! I know I have said ‘thin does not always equal health’ but I just don’t really recognize my self anymore! I am not supposed to be this weight! hmmmm now I’m sorry for dumping on you guys!:(

om – The V.B. thread is pretty rude. Just remember there are folks like angie, ardes, blue, jenergy and myself (hopefully others) around too! I hope the pony thing works out for everyone!!:)

Hey guys. Ahem, I mean ladies. Hehe… ;o)

I just had the most awesome morning. Went on a field trip with my son’s 4th grade class, to something called the Outdoor Education Experience that I didn’t even know was around here. We tromped through forest and meadow with binoculars and tally sheets and went birding! I’ve never been birding before. What fun! And of course being in the presence of 28 nine and ten year olds is always a great way to raise your energy. Heh…

The weather started out pretty cruddy… cloudy & sprinkling and shivery-cold (which was rude, since all last week was unseasonably warm ;o) but once we started hiking it warmed up. And then the sun would shine out from behind a cloud and light up all the new, bright green growth and everything was sparkling and just super gorgeous. And we got to see a red-shouldered hawk. I Loved it.

Luna, I hear you on being hypercritical of ourselves… and I had to laugh at myself. Last night when I saw you’d posted a pic of yourself I decided to put one up of my face again, and I went through like 6 pictures before finally deciding on the one I had up origignally. “Nope, too fat. Not this one, I had long hair then and it doesn’t look like me. Oh for god’s sake would you look at my ASS in this one? No way…”

Har har. It’s never-ending. ;o)

The VB thread… uh, yikes. I read through it all, shook it off and now I’m just staying away from it. Too controversial for my comfort level. And that’s all I have to say about that (in my best Forrest Gump voice).

Angie what’s acupuncture like? I was toying with that idea to quit smoking (but then did it on my own), and now I’m wondering if it would help me stay raw. Does it work like that? Kind of like hypnosis? Maybe I’m WAY off base, I don’t know! Ha. ;o)

Later!

Jen

Jen – you remind me of a highschool friend of mine, looks wise. her name was Wendy. The other girl we hung out with (my very BEST friend) was named Jen, and she was a real great goof. A real loonbag. She was so much fun. So what I am trying to say is, you look like Wendy, and have the name and personality of Jen. (as far as I can tell) Which is great! :)

om – Maybe you should just stick a needle in your butt to pop it! :D heehee

Luna – no, thin doesn’t necessarily equal healthy! I had a roommate once, long before I was raw, who went running a lot and ate pretty healthy and still didn’t like her thighs & hips, and here I was eating burgers and fries and whatever all the time and hardly ever exercising and I was always thin, and she would complain about how unfair it was. I just pointed out how much healthier she probably was than me and how thin wasn’t always best. Turns out I was right, and I developed all kinds of illnesses that she probably never had to deal with because she took care of herself better than I did at the time. Also, right now I’m too thin (face kind of sunken) for the last week or two – from a combo of high blood sugar and dehydration. Not fun! When I went for the acupuncture, he said it looks like malnutrition. I finally remembered last night that when I was like this once before, I drank young coconut water, and it made my face almost tingly, like it was filling in what had been missing from my face, and after a few of the coconuts I felt a ton better. This time, I am feeling that I need tons of good fats to fill in part of what I’m missing, too. I love my body! I love that it lets me know what it needs, and I am happy.

jenergy – acupuncture works by sticking tiny needles in specific points in your body, and then sending energy through your body out to all those points. Not like hypnosis at all, but I would see how it could possibly help rid you of addictions by strengthening the imbalances that lead to indulgence in those addictions? I actually haven’t read or studied much about it, so I’m no expert.

So should I just avoid the whole VB thread? I’m super-curious, but ?

• lzhptlzhpt Raw Newbie

Luna—good to see your face. Pretty pic. Any of you seen David Wolfe live for one of these Best Weekend Ever deals. Hardly a deal actually—He’s coming to Atlanta May 31 & Jun 1. This is all day each day, food included for $695 or if I register soon—2 for one—so half that figure. I posted, but thought one of you veterans may have been there, done that.

• Goodnight you guys, I am so jealous you guys have been cruising on here…. I have got to find some time to get back on here…..

IZHptplease say 695.00 is a typo, It’s just not that serious If they are charging that much that is insane. It should be the best day ever for whoever is collecting the checks.

Luna blu—your dog is funny , It always seems like he/she wants to say something…..

well its late 12:29am just got up to flip some burgers over in the dehydrator and make some juice for tomorrow good aspirations to all… and yes I am back to only getting 4.5 hours of sleep…. what is that about.

ardes, you liveon the fast track! 4.5 hourse of sleep? i need a solid 6! teehee we miss you so hurry back!

luna, thanks for the reminder about good folks right here under my nose! my day actually went relaly well, pony settled in, i even did a ton of physical activity( buillding them a corral) and while really pooped and sore very satisfying…had to use my big old truck in 4 wheel drive to move some of the pipe panels! i felt very “manly” and self sufficient! teehee

angie, well the VB thread is a pretty negative space, not at all like wonderful us here(big grin) but if you are feeling curious have at it!

izhpt, OMG 695 for….? what exactly? all day each day doing what? you know i think ill stick to utube vids of these folks, thats plenty for me…LOL

Jenergy wow how did we women get so hard on ourselves? Im bummin this butt lump like crazy, i mean two weeks plus some days is not an eternity but i havent been excersiizng and i swear my arms got fat…im obsessed with the fact i cant wear my jeans!!! well duh, i have a grape fruit sized lump on my ass! good greif why i dont just get some overalls and be done with it I dont know! I remember not having an image problem at all when i was 10 it didnt start till 15 or so, how do we teach girls to jsut skip that part? my parents where really supportive, ugh hasgotta be the media or something…. well i thik all of us are major hotties now( even you ardes!;) we should revelin our beuoooootiousness! off to do my yoga tape, this kundalini stuff rocks!

• lzhptlzhpt Raw Newbie

Oh Thanks! i thought maybe I was missing something big. There’s a two hour segment of David marketing some smoothie supplement, some energy work with some guy who doesn’t leave his mountain retreat yet he can connect with everyone now via the latest technology (television?). I’m laughing now. Then there’s a few more speakers, a chi class the next morning and well…maybe some hemp clothing flying off in the PM!!! Woo!

• Hi everyone! Well, this has been a pretty stressful work week so far. I just haven’t had the energy to write an update, my students are stealing my mind, my heart.

om – about parrots! I have a gorgeous African Grey named Ramses. He’s truly my best friend (outside of my family, ha ha). He’s amazing. He knows 200 words and phrases, and he’s only 6 years old. Did you know that most parrots have quite a long life? African Greys live ‘til they are in their 80s! Just like humans! They follow a similar pattern of behavior, too, having the “terrible twos” and acting like teenagers when they hit puberty.

I also have a sun conure – a bright orange and red parrot who is the most hilarious bird you ever met. Most smaller parrots have a lot of energy and love to play.

What kind of bird are you getting? I used to work at an amazing bird store in So Cal before I moved to NM. I know all about all the different breeds.

The VB thread stressed me out, too. I am more goddess-shaped than not, and don’t think I’ll change much, honestly. I don’t think I’ve lost any weight on raw yet. I’m not out to lose, but I do start feeling oogy when I read those posts from women who are reveling in their sheer thinness. I can’t see myself in that space. Long Live the Goddesses!

Okay, gotta get dressed and put in another day at school…

xo! Birdie

Izhpt – So does that include accomodations as well? If you do the two for one, it’s not horrible. But for the full amount, I wanna see DWs hemp clothing flying off!;)

ardes – good to ‘see’ you again! my dog is a total goof. Hmmm, wonder where she got that from?

angie – cocnut water is soooooo good, and good for you! i have been craving it like mad, and i haven’t found any around. even China town didn’t have any!:( You can always take a peek at the VB thread, but it is kind of pointless to get involved! I am having none of it anymore!

om – sounds like you had a great day! Building a corral and everything, very empowering!

Well, I am going to take the mutt for a walk, and treck out to the health food store. I wanna get some kale and stuff. They have a great selection of organic produce. Maybe I will mention that they should get in Thai coconuts! I work later this aft.Just thought I would throw that in just in case you think I am a bum! ;P

Hi everybody. I woke up with this thought today… “TWELVE DAYS UNTIL MEXICO!!”

Ahem… well. I’m excited, a little. ;o)

Luna blu, I think “loonbag” is an appropriate summation of my effervescent personality. HA! I love that! Loonbag… made me laugh out loud last night, and I’m still giggling this morning. That’s funny how I look like one friend and act like another. Have you ever wondered if there are only so many physical and mental traits, and we’re all different combinations of the same things? Like we’re all made from a giant Lego set or something…

Uh. Yeah. Sorry, I’m getting all Jack Handy on you all. ;oD

Izpht… tooooo expensive. Back away from the crazy cool raw guru… jeez, that’s a lot of money. I might be a little bit of a tightwad, though. I’m trying not to choke on how much our impending vacation is going to (and has already) cost. In fact, I’m just putting it out of my little head right now, Scarlett O’Hara style. Fiddle-de-dee.

Birdie! Long Live the Goddesses! Yes! And I also wanted to say that I really admire what you do for those kids. It takes a very special kind of person to be able to do that.

Om, I agree, we are too hard on ourselves, and I have wondered when exactly I picked up that attitude. My mom WAS on some kind of diet or other when I was growing up, but not to the point of acting like she felt worthless or disgusting if she didn’t lose weight. She’s just always been a health nut… er, enthusiast. Heh. ;o) I’m definitely working on being nicer to myself. It’s a work in progress. But then, so am I. I’ve got to try kundalini yoga, it sounds great! Is it hard?

Ardes, it’s sweet that you check in here to say hi even though your’e crazy busy and sleep deprived. 4.5 hours of sleep a night is just a TEASE. I’m completely worthless unless I get at least 7… really like it when I get 8 or 9, but that, of course, is just too decadent.

Angie, I always wondered what exactly those little needles were supposed to be doing. I thought maybe they stimulated nerve endings or something. It’s always seemed a little, I dunno, freaky to me. Which is funny, considering my love of tattoos… heh. Needles is needles. ;o) How’s your newest painting going?

OK, I really must be going now… time to wake up the kid and get on with this day.

Love!

jen – actually yes i have thought about that! Not the leggo part though! :)

I am in bed about 9 hours a night. Do I get 9 hours sleep? NO. I have read it takes 9 1/2 hours uninterrupted sleep to recharge your immune system. We are FUBARed! ;)

• Got a questions for you all, I am finding that it hard to use different greens each day. I have spinach, kale, collards, dandelion greens everyday in some form whether it be juice, smoothie, a dish or whatever. Do you think there is any harm in eating a mixture of the same greens for an extended length of time. Just wondering because I always remember reading in VB’s green for life that you should switch your greens up.

Any thoughts?

ardes – I tend to eat just kale and spinach alot. hope i am not doing any thing wrong! The only reason i could see for switching things up is for the different nutrients available in each green. But I always thought kale had just about everything in it! When taking nutrition at college, we would always joke that if a question asked what particual food contained a certain vit. or min. we would just default to green leafies! They pretty much have every thing in them!

you got me thinking that maybe I should get some more variety in my greens! i think the way you are doing it sounds good to me. you are getting that variety every day.

What are collards like? Can they go into a smoothie nicely?

• Luna my mother-in-raw does collards in her smoothie, I tend to save them for wraps and juices. Only because my blender doesn’t process them unless I let it go for to long. I don’t like to blend my greens to much.

StrAWberry – I am only getting 4.5 hours of sleep because after getting home preparing food, homework with the kid, a quick work out, and then prepping for the next day …. I get to bed around 11 to only have to get up at 4 to make it to work by 7am… Funny thing is I am not tired throughout the day but since going raw I really love sleep and now I can’t get any because there are only so many hours in a day.

EVERYONE=== have you guys heard about these prill beads… I am a heavy water drinker and this LIVE WATER thread has me disturbed as I only drink reverse osmosis water with drops of ionized minerals in it. What’s your thought’s on this… The prices for the ionizer is insane at 985.00

Strawbberry! hahahah you crack me up(jesus and his apostles…hahaah) and of course and of course adopting an elderly parrot! teehee i jsut finished with glass castle, it was a really good read i thought, poinant but humorous as well and semi southern! oh, go get a tatt! have a little libation before you go for the actual stabbing(after you have met and have a raport with your artist and have submitted your design..) its not that bad and a good artist will give you ample breaks. I have two i love, one for the divorce and one for the marriage the next one will be for who knows what but isee myself having afew more much to my mommas chagrin! tehee

Ardes, i read VB book too( very inspirational) i thought she said to change up the greens so we dont get to bored with them, loose our taste for them, im sure there are different vitamins in every green but goodness there are soonnly so many greens! my staples are spinach, green leaf lettuce, red leaf, lettuce and kale, followed by collards(yum) chard and dandilion…then of course there are sprouts but mostly only mung and crimson clover ones..(shrugs) we all do what we do…i go with my cravings, if cucumbers and mung beans taste good to me then i eat those, if spinach is gross for a week i dont sweat it…ect ect! what water thread thingy are you talking about?

Birdie im considering a ringneck parrot, good starter birds i hear and pretty too, some talk i understand..my souce,the bird hoarder called to say the cinnimon one i liked was a male my preferreed sex…so now im really tempted! i know the dogs would be horribly jelouse…but they got over my finches prety quick, of course i wasnt carrying around a finch either…dont know… i had a budgee as a teenager, bird and i did not get along at all! hmmmmm, its spring, i miss my little finches cant get anymore until we move as the realtor said my huge cages made the house look small…grumble grumble soooooo what can you tell me about ring necks? ive googled and utubed and talkted to all my bird friends…they all say nice things about them…i am worried i wont be a good interactive bird mommy, not that i dont have time to devote to him jsut that i will get scared of being bit! ;) hes only 5 months old…and very tame. hope school went well!thanks for the bird input!

Luna, what brand of cocowater do you drink? i like the fresh milk but not the meat so much used to love it as a kid but we lived inthe tropics so maybe my body needed it? and it was right off the tree! happy produce hunting!

Jenergy thinking of coming toyour neck of the woods for my birthday in august…want to stay at the yurt village! my hubby is cursing this site and rolling his eyes, he says he is not a hippie nor a hobbit and will not be caught dead living in a yurt! teehe but it is my birthday after all! my 40th…i think its strictly agianst the rules to argue with someone on their 40th birthday! teehee have a great time in mexico! dont drink the water! hahahah

ardes – I thought VB said to vary the greens because each one has small amount of toxins, and that way you don’t get too much of any one toxin built up. I agree with om: go with what you crave. Some others you didn’t list that I like are romaine, cilantro, and parsley. :)

om – I don’t buy any particular brand, just mother natures! :) I juat open up a Thai coconut drain the water and guzzel it down! Apparently the water should be drank immediately, as it oxidizes REAlly quickly, so i don’t go for pre packaged. I love the softer flesh of the Thai cocnut. I have made Pad Thai ‘noodels with it. Wow. really great!

re. Mexican water. New form of cleanse! Ha! :)

i have put on a ton of millage on my poor feet in the last couple weeks. Today, i think i must have walkied about 20 k! my blisters have blisters!

The burn I got on my chest on monday is still reddish! Noow that’s a bad burn!!

• lzhptlzhpt Raw Newbie

Luna & jenergy—thanks for helping me weed through the craziness of the David Wolfe visit and nothat price would not include accommodations! I think I’ll have the best weekend ever, growing my tomatoes and herbs and rotating my fabulous compost! I think my neighbors were down wind of this expedition last weekend. I kept hearing the little 3 year old going, “Daddy, what’s that smell?”

• Izhpt that is to funny, I had an uncontrollable laugh going on for like 3 minutes.

GOOD MORNING EVERYONE IT”S FRIDAY

I should be able to play today it seems that the President just got the boot at my company so everyone is around gossiping about that…. whew finally a break for me.

HAPPY FRIDAY!!

Izhpt – For that price, the best weekend ever would include a threesome with DW, my hubby and myself!!!!!!! I hope no young ones know what I am talking about!!

I may not be able to play too much today, busy busy busy! Gotta get myself a new blender. My mom got a Braun blender, becasue there was a comparrison thingy done on the news. The host tested blenders of every price range, including 800 dollers (hmmmm, vitamix?) And said for the ca$h (89 bucks) the Braun was the best. The jug on my blender cracked. It is glass and I was running straight hot water on it when I was rinsing it out and it CRACKED. I guess theses people have never heard of tempering!? I am pissed becasue it is a powerfull little buddie! Oh well.

I have a big apricot tree in my backyard and it is FULL of blossoms. Gorgeous! I will take a pic and post it so you can enjoy too!

Gotta go. I spied a cute post about someone having a crush on David Wolfe and i am dying to read it! (Notice I wanted to say hi to you lovely people first? :)

morning fellow cohorts! Did any of you see the fox news( ill explain why i was even partaking in this particular brand of “news” in a moment) segment on the detox diet? i was having lunch with a friend at a local reseraunt and they had this on the three boob tubes hanging form the ceilings, the volume was down but it had subtitiles…the lady giving the argument for what seemed to me to be a juice feast seemed very together and well spoken and the newscaster seemed deranged! i kid you not! i couldnt hear his voice but his manorisms and face looked like some kind of wack job! he was saying things( as i read it) like yes but ive heard this type of diet can be dangerous, fatal even!( eyebrows raised eyes spinning around in his head) it reminded me of the bad guy in austin powers , you know the guy with mini me and the pinkie”i will ask them for 1 MILLION DOLLARS” mwaaaahaahahahaha! oh my it was some good entertainment that broadcast! this gal was trying to make the point that bagels and special K cereal( standard food for people “dieting”) are not even fit for human consumption and i swear they panned back to the newscaster who was looking into the camera like” can you believe this lady? bagels not for human cunsumption…pfffffft” anyway i got a good giggle out of it after i got over the small panic attack of remembering that some people would find fox news credible! teeheee

ardes! enjoy your play day, and the gossip!

izhpt! i think paying for the DW wweeknd would have been much like turning your compost pile: standing in the middle of a steaming pile that only you can appreciate( common joe off the street would not understand and would think the guy is full of shit!) with the exception being your compost is free! good desicion!

jenergy kundalini is challenging but not in the poses jsut in the breathing, it speaks to me as its more cerebral and less power yoga-y. i like to feel stretched and cleansed and energized not sore and crippled and wiped out. so since my beloved studio here imploded and closed, ive looked into different types of yoga outside of hatha that i could do at home and not panic about a heated room nor drive to some class at a new studio with gas 4.50 a gallon. what i liked about my old studio was the peace i got from it, the whole class was set up on easing in and leaving behind your day to that point and easing out back into the day with new focus…the other studios i tried near my house where like a gym. when class was over people are all rustleing around and laughing and talking…it was jarring! not to mention the heavy emphasis on upper body strength had my sore for days…kundalini moves are not to physicaly challenging but the breathing is! i got plenty sweaty! and i did one meditation last night that elicited a very strong emotional responce from me, tears where streamng down my face!!! very freaky but i felt tons better after! give it a try! oh yeah if i get to vsit for yurt living on my birthday how far are the redwoods and is there a spa nearby? (friends request to sweeten the pot for the hubbys!)

angie, how are you doing?

luna, ow blisters on blisters, what kinda shoes you got? get new ones! did you try that apple cider vinegar on your burn? was wondering if it worked? have a blessed day….

birdie, thoughts on my parrot aquisition? hoep your weekedn is blissfully relaxing after school all week!

• BluedolfinBluedolfin Raw Newbie

omshanti~ You make your yoga routine sound so awesome… what vid/DVD are you using?