Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Mangers in a Mange land...

Comments

• angie207angie207 Raw Master

Hi, jen! I’m excited for the summer, too – and jealous of myself? I know that doesn’t make sense, but I’m thinking how I want this to be an every summer thing. It was really a miracle with the grades – I had to have a 3.0 cumulative GPA to get the grant, and these grades raised it so that I now have a 3.01 – miracle! I can take the summer off and still get the grant I need in the fall :) Now I’ll have time to look for a man! :)heehee

• omshantiomshanti Raw Newbie

GO ANGIE! really great about your grades….good for you! the chicken thing was a snorter! can you imagine those spines on the durian, buckACK! buck buck buckAAAAACKKKK! HAHAHAHAHA poor chickens! cool self portriat

Luna i often wonder who ate the first oyster? it looks like snot…. heehee

Ardes: oh go back and read already, if you wanna play you gotta pay! teehee that egg salad is only 2 pages back…ONLY two little pages! hahahaha we gals can yack cant we? love your new pic, so …stately, so pensive so…..Denzel..grin

just had to share that my favorite fruit is back in season:Chermoya…ah bliss, all you durian weirdos have to try a real good fruit like this!hmmm maybe ill throw one in our box angie…let get really soft like a peach peel and eat! my hubby calls them yoda turds….teehee

Okay, so I’m going to change my pic every so often so you guys can see the paintings I’ve done. And I’m going to keep talking to myself here until someone comes to play… :)

• OM only two pages huh I guess I could have looked a little deeper….still suffering from sleep deprivation… but still in good spirits. Made some LARA BARS after my traitor wife went and bought two of them for 1.29….. I made some and sat them side by side with a post it note saying LARA BARS 1.29 and Ar’ BAR Buy 2 get 2 Free… “we laughed”

Angie loving this new pic that would look great blown up in your living room with some seventy’s furniture and a shag carpet. DOn’t ask why that came to mind. OH YEAH good job on the grades.. .TEE HEE you have to put your report card on the refrigerator “THINKING” did anyone else parents do this when they brought a great report card home…...

OM part 2 lol at denzel… I was sitting on my porch looking at all the new flowers in my yard and listening to my new IPOD while the kid was was sitting eating watermelon and painting a new portrait for our living room …. LOve pictures there like freezing time “YOU KNOW”

om- typing at the same time :D Yes, please DO send a chermoya – I’ve never tried one. :) (Funny, the guy who wondered if I’ll be at the dance Friday used to tell me about them and I’ve still never known what they are)

ardes – definitely Denzel-ish :) I love seventies’ furniture! :) I think I figured out the connection – the background stripes remind you of old wood paneling on the walls in the seventies, and the hair in the portrait sorta looks shaggish! I could see it. :) The painting is 20×24 inches, so I wouldn’t even need to blow it up – I’ll see if the parents want a new decor in the living room :) heeheehee And I do have my own fridge, so I COULD hang up my report card!

• BluedolfinBluedolfin Raw Newbie

Ok stRAWberry: I’ll take your Robert de Niro, and raise you a Kevin Costner (a little younger). Gosh, the first few big films of his he would be shirtless and in Levis… I thought if I saw one more film with him that way I was going to jump through the screen. thunk… that was my head hitting the floor… ouch!

angie: Congrats on all the hard work paying off!!! Great example for Superman! Have a great time with the munchkin.

Did y’all hear about a recent college women’s softball game where the gal hit a home run and blew out her knee rounding first. The rules stated that if her teammates and coaches helped her that her home run would not count. Two gals on the opposing team picked her up and took her around the bases so the run would count!!! Amazingly, this caused the opposing team to lose the game. A ripple in the pond!!! Let there be more of the same! Many more!

st – glad you got your grass taken care of! I like this pic – Superman saw the other one when he was looking at stuff with me one day and just gave me this weird look/question and I just said you had changed your pic, we didn’t look at it close, and we went on. He was happy to see this one back, though :) “Time in a Bottle” is one of my favorite songs, too :) Thanks for the compliment on my portrait – no, not Native American at all; mostly English, some Scottish. It’s the cheekbones, though. I’m tall, and when my hair is its natural dark color, lots of South Americans ask if I’m Brazilian. Guess I could pull off Native American if I wasn’t so white!

I’m really feeling good about my decision to hang with Superman for the summer! It was a hard thing for me to do, cuz I tend to push myself to do everything right now, but I am learning that I’m not as happy if I push the things that aren’t as important and miss out on the ones that are: time and relationships with people. Also, I love to grow my own food, and it’s only the third year I’ll have a garden, so I was really looking forward to expanding and improving my garden this summer, and if I went to school I wouldn’t have the time for it that I want. :)

bluedolphin – Thanks! Yes, we definitely will have fun :) You cracked me up with that jumping through the screen -thunk! head hitting the floor :D hahahahaha!! And – Cool story about the ball game! I love to hear stuff like that :)

good morning amigas and amigo! Angie your box is in the mail today, chermoya included, how freaky is it that, it was mentioned at your dance..was it mentioned by THE guy who is giving you cold feet bout the dance? now that is called kizmet. as for being native american my lttle lilly white aunt with brown eyes and frizzy hair got a grant for being native american for our 1/8th cherokee on my grandads side….i say play it up, there could be cash there!~ hahahha

Blue you cheeky gal, all this panting after movie stars… you may need a helmet to protect your noggin! teehee great story on the soft ball game…

Ardes, yep a snap shot in time, worth a thousand words and stirs up good memories( we hope)

Berry! back at last! I read that other thread…i was giggleing and winceing at the same time while chanting “go berry , go berry..” hhahaha yep it gets a little strange out there on other threads…the menstral blood had me really flumuxed, i had to reread several times…OMG! I laugh at how comfortable people get in cyber space! Im guilty too… but the funny thing is i would tell you the same old shit in person, hubby says i was born without a governer on my mouth. his fav saying to me is” well why dont you tell us how you really feel!” tehee anyhow reminded me of a joke: 3 southern gals are sitting around sipping ice tea and talking one says:”my husband says i have the most amazing talent for water colors , so he sent me to art school. It costs us a mint!” the next one replys ” well how precious!” the third one pipes up” well thats like my sweet man, he said my cooking is the best stuff he ever put in his mouth so he sent me to new york to a cooking school!” the first one says” well!’ and shakes her head approvingly while sipping her drink. the next one says” well how precious!” then the cook and the artist turn to the third one and ask ” where did you go to school honey?” and she says” oh well, my husband sent me to charm school” the other two look at each other with raised eye brows and one asks ” well what ever did you learn in charm school?” and the one replys” I learned to say”how precious” instead of “who gives a shit!” hahahahahhahahaha

I dont care what anyone says, that there is funny!( larry the cable guy) big grin Im giddy this morning after yesterday a day of intospection and quiet, dreading my doctors appointment later where he tells me there is nothing to be done for this rediculous third ass cheek, Im raging against the machine on this issue ladys and feeling very sheepish about being so vain! sigh

oh yeah THE BERRY: got off topic, we are trying to move to Prescott AZ, hopeing for small town life for a while, San diego while great in many ways is to rich for my blood and im tired of living hand to mouth…. I never thought of AZ as a place i wanted to be but good friends moved there several years ago and the more i visit the better i like it. hubby wont do the pacific north west, another of my”id like to live” places, so this is the compromise. Looks like ill have plenty of work there, wealthy retirees with horses imported from germany and cash to spend…not to mention raw food interest at the local natural food store, sooooo maybe ill finally make a living for myself.

Luna , i second the berrys thoughts did any of those bitches contact your hubby! hahahahahahahah I mean bitches in the most harmless way…not! hahhahaha keep that man under wraps you wouldnt believe the wierdos out there..i mean just read this thread! xoxoxoxo amigas, im jsut joshin ya’ll. off to start the day, tally ho!

om – definitely kizmet – although I can’t remember exactly what the word means, you’ve got it! It wasn’t mentioned at this last dance, but by THE GUY about 3 years ago when we first used to dance and talk a lot at the dances! Now if I see him I can tell him I actually get to try one! He is from Bolivia originally, so I guess he probably ate them there a lot?

Anyway, he’s a cute guy, around 42 I think. Originally from Bolivia, moved to Sweden around age 20 and lived adult life there until coming to US several years ago. He speaks 7 languages and is now learning Hebrew. I learned how to say “I love you” in 42 languages, so at least we can communicate heeheehee ;) I don’t remember what he does for a living? But he is 4 inches shorter than me, I think. Great dancer! The thing that sticks out in my memory is that I was always stressed. But when I spent time with him – dancing, talking, whatever – I wasn’t stressed. Just peaceful and content.

• om – I’m so excited about the things that you sended in the mail that we bought. And I am so excited to try the peanut butter powerballs and the chocolate chip cookies. And the chocolate chip granola bars.

• Mom – i luve you and doo you love me

• ivrebudy i am groing grlic. i got my savings and bot ceds for pumpcins and wotrmeluns so i can sel them. =:-))

Superman! – Of course I love you! This is fun that we can talk to each other on the computer or by talking :) heehee

• Luna bluLuna blu Raw Newbie

ang – party on, excellent, woowoowoowoo!!! But hey fellow devourer and guzzeler of youngling coconuts, I opened one up today and the water was ver slightly PINK!! it was perfectly clear, not mily or anything and there was almost no flesh, and the flesh there was was just a jelly! have you come across this before? Is this just a REAL young one?! The water was not super sweet like usually, but it wan’t OFf tasting or anything. Weird!!

Om – I ate a raw oyster ONCE. Yup, snot! All you need is a really bad cold and just snarf it back. EWWWWWW GROSS!!!

berry and om – nope, no bee-ach has called my man. Good thing, I am very protective!!

ardes – oh, and i like you new pic. You had mentioned that you change it according to your moods, but I don’t see this reflecting your wall smiliness! I have decided to change mine up according to my moods, or as of late, mood. So as you can see, i am an idiot, happy go lucky, starfish right now! WEEEEEEEEE!!

No one else to play with today? After a week of no snow, I decided to go out and work on prepping the garden soil today. Then I get up this morning and there is 1/2 inch or more of snow on the ground! Part of it melted off, so I decided I’m going to dig anyway! Dang snow! So now it started snowing again!!! I’m going to dig that garden even if there’s a blizzard – teach that snow to try to mess with me haha :D

luna – not trying to discount your presence – I had typed this and then went to take Superman to school without clicking reply first, so that’s why it said there’s no one playing :) I’ve been loving the pic; it totally seemed to fit how you’ve been the last couple of days or so – awesome! Anyway, about the coconut – yeah, I think they’re just the super young ones. I had heard that if the water or meat was purple it meant they were bad, but then I tasted one that really was bad, and believe me, I KNEW it was bad by the taste! Spit into the sink and yelled, then rinsed my mouth out like crazy! :D A couple of other times I’ve had one that thasted like it was “on its way out” but I chose to drink it or not based on how bad I wanted the stuff and if I had any more or not, cuz they weren’t terrible, just not quite as good.

ang – no worries, I didn’t think you were ignoring me! The ‘pink’ coconut didn’t taste bad at all, just not as sweet and wonderful as the others!! I have had the REALLY young ones before and I really didn’t like them at all! It was the entire coconut, all the husk present. Still witht the greeen outer skin. Not yum. I have made a change dish out of one of my latest coconuts, and a cup to drink fancy coconutty drinks out of. I just cut away most of the outer husk and evened out the tops! I left a bit more husk on the bottom, which I cut so it would sit flat! Coconutty crafts!!:) I am going to try and make more coconuts cups, they will be great tiki insiped patio glasses!! Hee Hee!!! :)

Yay! I was thinking of posting a topic to see if anyone had ideas of what to do with the shells, cuz I hate filling the garbage with them! I saved one or two once, and the white part gets withered/wrinkled and sometimes moldy as it gets older, but cleaning out the harder part is a good idea. I was wishing the white fiber part would work to save for firewood :) Let me know what else you come up with!

I thought the ones we eat are the young green ones, just the green has been shaved off – I don’t understand the difference – Did you eat the husk or something? heehee :)

• jenergyjenergy Raw Newbie

Hi guys!

Angie, that painting is the bomb. You’ve got some talent, girl!

Good luck with your digging, too. Maybe your sheer determination will FORCE it to be spring in your neck of the woods. ;o)

Luna, I bought 4 Thai coconuts this week, and the first one I opened up was purplish and very jelly-like. Gelatinous? It was the consistency of snot, basically. Ha! But not like oyster snot. Oh my, what a hole I’m digging here. How very precious, as Strawberry might say! ;o) It still tasted good, but the water wasn’t very sweet. I didn’t even realize it was supposed to be sweet until I opened the next one and WOW. It tasted like somebody put sugar in it. The flesh in that one was a lot firmer, too. Pretty hard, in fact.

So while I’m on the subject… is there a trick for getting the bits & pieces of shell off the flesh once you’ve scraped it out of the coconut, or is it always pretty much a pain in the patoot? I tried holding it under running water last night but I couldn’t tell if that helped or not. That’s the only gripe I have so far, otherwise I’m koo-koo for coconuts!

Coconutty crafts… hahaha. That’s cute. ;o)

Oh, and Ardes… I made your kale salad recipe and have been eating it for the last 3 days! It just keeps getting better. I finished it up for lunch today and added some chopped up coconut flesh and a handful of spinach because there wasn’t quite enough left for a meal. YUM I love that stuff. I hope I can find kale in Mexico!

Love to all!

• jenergyjenergy Raw Newbie

P.S. Luna did you see my homage to Hellboy in the Geeks & Nerds thread? I heart Hellboy.

Thanks, jen! As for coconuts, it’s usually just a pain, but i’ve learned which pieces are important to get off (the thicker/harder/larger ones) and which ones are fine to leave on (anything I can’t easily grab with my nail or knife and that isn’t hard enough to choke me heeheehee;)

I wimped out on the digging so far today cuz it’s windy, but may still do it later, or tomorrow, or just buy produce and forget the dang garden – I’ll let you know :)

Jen – aren’t coconuts devine when they are that perfect …’ripeness’? i gently peel the bits of shell away with a veg. peeler. I did not see you homage to ‘Red’ aka hellboy. I will go look! Do you like my avatar for now. I feel just like Pattrick Star these days. Blissfull, and full of joy. Not kinda dumb though! I had that kale salad tonight!!

ardes – I had that kale salad tonight for din.! Very nice, even my cooked hubby liked it!!! :) I will be making it for a non raw BBQ that is being inflicted upon me this weekend at the in-laws. My mo-in-law will probably love it. I made raw choco cinnamon rolls ( from the book Naked chocolate) S The mo-in-law LOOOOOves these! She is an old school cooked Ukrainian! So I am very impressed she likes my raw sweets! :)

ANG! – Did you paint that? Wow. Are you in schcol for art?

hey folks! well the news on my hieney isnt good, looks like surgery…can you believe it? here i was feeling all proud of myself that nothing broke and i have to have this lump cut out! Doc says its”encapsulated” and the chances of reabsorbtion are unlikely..soooo, guess ill be layed up for longer! sigh…just what i need more time off….;9( ( thats my nose outa joint)teehee.

all you coconut eaters, to mcuh work for little gain in my book…last one i ate wasnt the best andi felt slightly nautious after so i havent been able to face one since…same goes for miso the last thing i ate befoer puking my guts out after my accident…funny how that kinda thought process ruins perfectly good food for us huh?

jenergy stay away from leafy greens in mexico if you can, they spray like crazy down there, best bet is fruit thats peelable! you are going to have so much fun! eh do watch out for sharks k? im alll spooked about that right now!

Superman, your goodies are on the way, i hope the contaband fruit i sent will make it too as i put some freshly picked loquats in a baggie for you to try( right off my trees) they have really pretty seeds but can be a bit sour if not ripe! ask your mom to share some of that chermoya with you too once its ripe….i think selling watermelons is a great idea. my friends kids sell blueberrys and eggs and milk all from their farm and chickens and goats. its nice to get paid for honest work!

luna great idea on the coconut reuse ,how about carving them like punkins and making candle holders outa them! hubby says skill saw would do the trick!

i havent posted on the geeks thread but i love wolverine and cant wait to see iornman! not to mention that i love love love the new battle star, ive only watched the first season live and plan to get the rest on dvd…i have so little time to watch now…we go to bed really early! i wonder if caprica is going to be as good? ill take any of it! teehee the old battlestar was great too. i had a dagget stuffed animal (that made dagget noises) up until a year or so ago when i dontated it with other stuffies that needed kids to love them…. im down to three stuffies for myself now,i had a huge collection at one time though…over 400! yikes! guess ill never grow up!

angie the bolivian swede sounds fabulous, hope he still dances at the ones you attend….any man that can REDUCE stress should be a keeper! hahaha you tell that snow too, man this global warming is just frosts me! ( oh teehee hee heee)

om – you so too could do that if you had skill, with a skill saw!!!

JEN - Ijust read you post on HB! Go look at my comment!! By what I said, yes, I have strangely put thought into the HB’s GF thing! As I have said before, you and I must have been separated at birth!!! Hee hee heeeeeeee!;)

Thanks everyone for the compliments on my painting! No, I’m not in school for art – I love creative things but this is my first real painting class since junior high. I made a compromise – I love creativity and also need a stable income, so I’m going into Digital Media – web design. Partly I want to be able to create my own website(s) so I can sell the stuff I like to do, too. I am just in the beginning, though, learning to turn on the computer and stuff ;)

I finally looked out and saw the wind had stopped, so I jumped up and put on my jacket & shoes to work in the garden. By the time I got out there, the wind was blowing again, but I stayed out there long enough to weed the garlic and dump my compost scraps even though my hands got cold!

I think a big part of the reason I have been so worked up about this dance is because this man DOES seem to be such a keeper, and I was really sad when I suddenly didn’t see him for so long – I am just a scaredy-cat. I am afraid to open up and then not see him any more :( The only thing is that if I sit home, I won’t even have a chance – with him OR anyone else – so I have to go and just see. The worst that could happen is I’ll get out of the house on a Friday. Shoot! I just realized that I might be going to my brother’s play tomorrow night. Aaaaack! Well, I’ll get things figured out somehow…

I’m going to my brother’s play now, forget going with the other people who were going tomorrow night; I have priorities! ;) heehee

ang – well, you should be in art college!:)

Jen – This avatar is for u! Oooh, but I like it too!! There are 2 animated hellboy movies. The voices are done by all the acotrs who were in the movies, and I really enjoyed them! My hubby and I sometimes watch cartoon movies on Sunday morning. We curl up on the couch and cuddle. It is so nice. There was a Superman one that was really great too. I love Supe!! He dies in this movie, and I almost started crying. What a sappy geek!!! It’s a cartoon for gosh sakes!!