Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Mangers in a Mange land...

Comments

• Luna bluLuna blu Raw Newbie

I just finished my last cocont! :( I am goinhg to buy more tomorrow!!

I drank it while eating my latest durian fruit. This was a nice ripe one. Really sweet and custardy!:) I ate about half, and now I am totally stuffed!!

Started my running regimin today. I am going to be so sore tomorrow!!!

Jen and berry, where are you? BERRY I feel so geeky explaining Hellboy, and everybody else has seen it but you! :( JEN I like this new pic, but I would like to go back to something more silly to reflect how i am feeling!!!! Hurry up and let me know youv’e seen it!!! :)

ang – the stove dried coconut cups came out fine, but I will havre to see how they fare for the next little while!

• Luna bluLuna blu Raw Newbie

Um…. I don’t know why there is a line through that one line! Did I do that?

• angie207angie207 Raw Master

luna – cool! How did you get the openings smoothed out? I was thinking of making a base from the hard part of the shell after shaving off the husk. cut The hard shell about in half, and use the half with the open top as a base to sit the other “dish” half in. I don’t know how hard or easy it would be to cut them like that, though, and I just keep filling the garbage can with them…SIGH. I am still wishing I could get fresh durian!

• omshantiomshanti Raw Newbie

hey guys you have been having a grand time i see, ive been out with hubby all day nothing special,jsut shopping for a baby gift for one of his guys at work and the like..we even got this card for his mom for mom day, think ill keep it a while as my avatar, its hilarious! big weekend this weekend for me, open house with goodies sunday, pick up my sweet little bird tomarrow then lessons and monday is the big anniversary plan after work! yay…

izpht: well the hematoma will have to be removed, we(doc and I) discussed draining it and i said hell no am i gonna walk around for days dripping goop out of an open drain, not with my job, sorry… uh uh, no way…cut the shit out and let me have a scar! who cares its under my swim suit and it will beat the hell outa this hard lump the size of a grapefruit!!!! i got it three weeks ago in a horse accident arnica from the begining as well as ice and heat, nothing going… this baby is here to stay! until the surgery as yet to be scheduled….sigh, hate it! but you know what else do you do, one cant have a huge lump on ones ass for years, i cant wear my clothes as it is and wearing this dang jacket tied around my wait is the pits! yours sounds really yucky too, was it child birth related? ugh. had to have been beyond words….

ardes and angie i applaud your fabulous parenting and teaching skills…hurray for generation….what are they calling the kids now adays i stopped paying attention after gen x! and thanks for the love….my butt needs it!!!

Berry, wow you have a full to bursting plate..my auntie has outlived her three children… one drug user, one mentally disabled, and a schitzophrenic as well, all died in their late 40s some say its a blessing, i say its always tragic for a mom to out live her kids…. best of luck to ya! i hope he thrives in the country….and of course proves modern medicine wrong!! as always you gave me a huge laugh about my ass! ;0)thanks i needed it!

hey guys you have been having a grand time i see, ive been out with hubby all day nothing special,jsut shopping for a baby gift for one of his guys at work and the like..we even got this card for his mom for mom day, think ill keep it a while as my avatar, its hilarious! big weekend this weekend for me, open house with goodies sunday, pick up my sweet little bird tomarrow then lessons and monday is the big anniversary plan after work! yay…

izpht: well the hematoma will have to be removed, we(doc and I) discussed draining it and i said hell no am i gonna walk around for days dripping goop out of an open drain, not with my job, sorry… uh uh, no way…cut the shit out and let me have a scar! who cares its under my swim suit and it will beat the hell outa this hard lump the size of a grapefruit!!!! i got it three weeks ago in a horse accident arnica from the begining as well as ice and heat, nothing going… this baby is here to stay! until the surgery as yet to be scheduled….sigh, hate it! but you know what else do you do, one cant have a huge lump on ones ass for years, i cant wear my clothes as it is and wearing this dang jacket tied around my wait is the pits! yours sounds really yucky too, was it child birth related? ugh. had to have been beyond words….

ardes and angie i applaud your fabulous parenting and teaching skills…hurray for generation….what are they calling the kids now adays i stopped paying attention after gen x! and thanks for the love….my butt needs it!!!

Berry, wow you have a full to bursting plate..my auntie has outlived her three children… one drug user, one mentally disabled, and a schitzophrenic as well, all died in their late 40s some say its a blessing, i say its always tragic for a mom to out live her kids…. best of luck to ya! i hope he thrives in the country….and of course proves modern medicine wrong!! as always you gave me a huge laugh about my ass! ;0)thanks i needed it!

om – What the ? That avatar is your mom-in-law’s card?! You’re creepy :) heehee I really want to tell my friend to contact you about selling your stuff in the store here, but do you want to wait until after surgery? Or is it not going to be a big deal and you will be fine doing the food thing soon? How fun you guys get to do the anniversary thing now – does he know any of what’s going on, or is it all a surprise?

st – For your son – lithium is used therapeutically for schitzophrenia – dulse and kelp are good sources of lithium – helps sodium transport in/to the brain. Maybe making sure good quality organic sodium, too, like only sea salt, celery juice, tomatoes, etc. – Living away from the craziness of city life sounds important – it’s good he has you and his uncles to watch out for him.

• BluedolfinBluedolfin Raw Newbie

LuBlu: When you put multiple dashes (-) in a post, everything between the sets of dashes gets a line through it. The dashes are an editing command for “put a line through the text from one dash to the other.” As an alternative to a dash, you can put in dots (...). Whenever something is funky in a post, delete from just before it starts to where it ends. Then retype. This usually fixes it.

omshanti: Your MIL must have an awesome sense of humor! I bet others wish their MIL would enjoy that type of card. LOL I just received the yoga dvds today that you recommended. I’m waiting until later (it says to wait 2-3 hours after eating to do yoga) to attempt one. Thankx for the recommendation! After tonight, I’m not going to be a yoga virgin anymore. ;)

I’m going to the dance in an hour or so :)

Angie, i can stand and uncook jsut not sit and ride my horses yet, wish in some ways the food biz was my main sourse of income! teehee have your friend contact me, that would be great! hahaha my mom in law expects weird stuff from us, we have a reputation to uphold! hahahhaha the card says on the inside: see? its not so wierd to have a son like me…” his mom calls tim the “wierd one”and asked me when she met me if he being strange bothered me…we both had a good laugh about that as im even wierder than Tim! hahahaha i get myfamily two cards fr every occation a sweet one and a “weird” one! hwo was the dance? im dieing to know!!!

blue, i hope your oga experience was good, please tell me you are not half dead on your living room floor!

• lzhptlzhpt Raw Newbie

Om-hiney, Sounds like it’s Time for that thing to go! It’s miserable. i remember I was in a teaching hospital and the nurse kept bringing students in for a viewing!!! the ultimate of patient privacy and professionalism! Angie, if you have any more coconuts, you’re going to grow hair like what happened to Luna and now om! Off to the gym for me and then the Farmer’s Market!!! Woo!

lzhpt – I had a total of 7 young coconuts yesterday, and so far no problem…wait, what’s that thing growing on my chin? :D hahahahaha!

Okay, so I went to the dance – I went in and Alex wasn’t there, and I started looking around and remembered why I don’t often go to these particular dances: they say they are for singles age 31 and older, but I swear people think it says 51 and over! They usually have fruit & veggie trays with their junk food, so I went and ate fruit. A guy I used to live by (60-ish) who kinda stalked me last year, magnetized to me even though he didn’t know who I was cuz of my haircut & color change. I finally got away from him by seeing a lady I knew from school a couple of years ago. All she wanted to talk about was diabetes (she’s diabetic and that’s how we got to know each other at first) and how diabetes gave her this thing called lazy stomach and she can’t eat vegetables any more. Anyway, after going back into the dance and then back for more fruit when another old guy started chasing me, finally Alex showed up. He brought 2 friends from Mexico who didn’t speak English. As I said, I know how to say I love you in several languages, so we could communicate :D hahaha! Just kidding; I do speak a tiny bit of Spanish, so I was able to ask them to dance. Alex kept busy trying to find people for them to meet/getting girls to ask them to dance, but we did dance several times, and when he was gone, I danced with his friends a few times. A few old men asked me to dance, too, but in a way it fed my ego to have people asking me to dance all night, and I just got away from the old creepy ones quickly :) Alex seemed more interested in another lady he kept dancing with, so I was disappointed about that, but I had fun gettin’ my groove on! :) His one friend is cute and a really good dancer, but he is like a foot shorter than me; no exaggeration! :)

omshanti: I’m alive! I’m alive! I’m no longer a yoga virgin! Woohoo! 8D I did my version of the first workout on the beginner dvd. At first I tried to keep up with the gal. My body does not work that way… yet. I finally got into “my” groove, it was fun. If I do yogo for a week, will my body look and work like that? If only!!! Thankx for asking…

angie: Funny… most are a foot taller than me (5’2”). I once went to a gay country western dance place… It was great! No ego downer there (at least for me). I had to ask guys to dance because… it’s a gay bar… I’m not of the guys’ gender preference! No pressure there to be “picked.” I asked this really tall guy to dance because he looked like he knew what he was doing (it’s so fun to have a strong lead!). We had a blast. At one point he had an insane idea to turn under our attached arms… uh… and he had a cowboy hat on. Nope… didn’t work. It would have worked if someone would have lifted me up about 2 feet OR he would have gotten down on his kness to do it. It was pretty funny. Another guy who I asked to dance said he usually follows… I said it wasn’t a problem, I could lead (at the time I was taking lessons and many times when there wasn’t enough gals, I would “do the switch”). He was horrified! Oh noooooooooo! A gal doesn’t lead!!!!!!! he said. What’s up with that??!? Not even a gay guy who usually is the “follower” will let a gal lead! Wah! 80(

Glad to hear you had a good time. A bad day dancing is better than a good day working. 8o)

That is hilarious! The guy can take the girl’s place, but you can’t take the guy’s role? :D HAHAHAHAHA!!!!! WEIRD?! :-P

Okay, today is a jewelry day, as I need some dinero for the raw comida. :)heehee

angie~ Since you don’t have a website for your jewelery… yet… Will you take some pics of your jewelery and put them up on flicker or one of the free photo sites and post the link. I would love to see what you do and maybe other do also. :)

bluedolphin – I would love to, but I’m clueless…what is flicker, and the others, and how do I do it, etc. ?

angie~ Two free image hosting sites (like what youtube is for vids) that I know of are:

I don’t know the pros and cons of either service since I have only been a “viewer” and not a “poster” of them. Maybe others will comment on their experience with the sites or other suggestions. There are also other free services out there, just these are the two that I know about.

After you post your picts, simply post the address here so we can take a looksee at angie’s bobbles?, angie’s enigmas?... :)

Also, there is etsy that hosts a site for selling/buying handcrafts.

Looking forward to seeing your stuff. :)

bluedolphin – thanks for the links!

om – We got your stuff today – Yummy!!!! I had to make myself stop so I wouldn’t just eat everything all at once :)

• om – I loved the peanut butter powerballs; they were my favorite! The chocolate chip cookies were my next favorite. The almonds weren’t my favorite. =-)B0000000000000000000000000000000

Superman says the almonds weren’t his favorite, but he made sure to hurry and put some of them in his own baggie so I wouldn’t get to eat them all ;)

Helloooooo! Where is everybody?

ardes – how did your daughter’s disco dance go?

om – I emailed my friend at the store & told her I would like them to contact you about samples/selling your products. She didn’t work yesterday, so I don’t know how soon, but hopefully they’ll be getting in touch with you soon. Those peanut butter powerballs are amazing – taste almost exactly like the pb cookies my mom used to make…You are amazing!

Okay, still no one to play with, but I just have to tell you that I’m eating the yummiest, gooiest, greasiest, nuttiest carmelly raw brownies ever!!!!!! Superman even likes them :)

HI guys we are rushing out the door after puting out a ffew yummies for the open house, off to see iorn man and kill some time while people look around…lets hope people show and also look around!! more later….

I am so excited! Besides making the yummy, gooey cashew carmel brownies this morning, I was asked to do a couple of classes for ladies at church:) We teach each other classes on all kinds of things, and I was asked to do a jewelry-making class a while ago, and today I was asked if I would be willing to do a class on raw foods. I’m just giddy today, because it makes me happy to be able to share things I know and help people become more educated, self-reliant and happy. :) I am also planning to help my neighbor by making food for her while she has to rest for the next couple of weeks to avoid going into labor too early. I am so glad I can do this stuff; I get tired sometimes of spending too much time doing schoolwork and not being able to be very involved in other people’s lives. Life is good!

• That is so cool Angie, I love it that you are giving back. Me and my wife were just sitting here talking about possibly being foster parents. Even though I am totally against it because I have always only wanted one kid… Reading you post makes me think that I should have at least given it some thought.

Also I made the stuffed spinach meat loaf thingy, it was really good but it doesn’t fit in my cheap Nesco dehydrator so I had to smooosh it down to make it fit. The cinnamon rolls that everyone raves about were OK, but I feel really bloated and I can’t wait for tomorrow as we have all agreed that we will only have greens for the next two days.

Hope everyone had a great weekend, there always to short.

OOPS almost forgot the disco was so cool for the kids my daughter had on the neatest little outfit… she looked like she was suppose to be on a jane fonda workout. She won the dance contest and being the bright kid she is she gave her gift that she won to her best friend. RAW KIDS rock .

OM everytime I look at your pic this song comes in my head ” MY HUMPS MY HUMPS MY LOVELY LADY HUMPS” I can’t remember the name of the girl that sings it she is from the Black eye Peas

PEACE>

• That is so cool Angie, I love it that you are giving back. Me and my wife were just sitting here talking about possibly being foster parents. Even though I am totally against it because I have always only wanted one kid… Reading you post makes me think that I should have at least given it some thought.

Also I made the stuffed spinach meat loaf thingy, it was really good but it doesn’t fit in my cheap Nesco dehydrator so I had to smooosh it down to make it fit. The cinnamon rolls that everyone raves about were OK, but I feel really bloated and I can’t wait for tomorrow as we have all agreed that we will only have greens for the next two days.

Hope everyone had a great weekend, there always to short.

OOPS almost forgot the disco was so cool for the kids my daughter had on the neatest little outfit… she looked like she was suppose to be on a jane fonda workout. She won the dance contest and being the bright kid she is she gave her gift that she won to her best friend. RAW KIDS rock .

OM everytime I look at your pic this song comes in my head ” MY HUMPS MY HUMPS MY LOVELY LADY HUMPS” I can’t remember the name of the girl that sings it she is from the Black eye Peas

PEACE>

Greetings rawlings! jsut a quickie as im trying to get situated for my hot date tomarrow night..anniversary suprize night….anyway ardes i gotta laugh my hub humms “humps” while we are in public… the fink! hahaha gals name is fergie…hahahah you guys have the same sence of humor! We fostered kids when i was around 11 years old( we lived in the philapeans at the time)We had one 18 month old boy that almost became my brother, and three young teen gals…it was fun for me ,an only, to have sisters for a while…over all i still love the fact that im an only even though David( the little boy) was a dear and i liked dragging him all over with me…He was adopted by another american family and became an only like me! So from my kid point of veiw it was fun…

Angie, oh fab for you! you teach those church ladys! they will love you for it.. giving is so important…I have been more about animal causes lately than people…think its time to switch gears a little…

Blue i found a gal who does private yoga at your home! shes a bit pricey but im really excited to try her out as a ‘keep on track kinda thingy” she used to work for cirque de soleil in florida…a trapese artist…wow what kinda streching do you see her have me doing?” now , jsut hang from this tree limb and stick your left leg behind your ear!” hahahahah glad you are amongst the ranks of us yogis!

apperently there was two couples that stoped by for the open house, one couple has a camel… i would love to see my cranky neighbors face if camel people moved in!!! it was their second time here so maybe we get an offer? who knows… IIRON MAN was a great time…that robert downey … i see why he is forgiven all his sins, wow! he can act and he has a certian quality….sigh…he is on my list for sure now! im not sure id like him fresh from the crack house but all made up and cute like in this movie….no problem! teehee gweneth was stellar to, she is one pretty lady! oh to have legs like that..maybe the yoga lady can get me to grow 4 inches or so! hahahaha..hasta manana

ardes – I’m glad your daughter had fun, and that’s awesome she won and gave away the prize :) Also glad you liked the meatloaf :) I’m wanting to make it again soon. I had that kind of dehydrator for a long time before I finally got my Excalibur in January, and I was high raw for about a year and a half with no dehydrator at all before that, so I feel for ya! I’m out of greens – aaaaack! I am also out of my good water – I forgot the chiro is closed on Friday afternoons and the other place I got it before has a broken machine, and the health food store is out of young coconuts! So I’m drinking bottled spring water, because I drank a glass of tap water and it made me nauseated. Tomorrow will be an awesome food and water day – I feel so spoiled – most people never get to eat even as good as I ate today without all that stuff!

om – I LOVE Yoda turds! Too bad he can’t survive in my climate :)

ardes – I’m glad your daughter had fun, and that’s awesome she won and gave away the prize :) Also glad you liked the meatloaf :) I’m wanting to make it again soon. I had that kind of dehydrator for a long time before I finally got my Excalibur in January, and I was high raw for about a year and a half with no dehydrator at all before that, so I feel for ya! I’m out of greens – aaaaack! I am also out of my good water – I forgot the chiro is closed on Friday afternoons and the other place I got it before has a broken machine, and the health food store is out of young coconuts! So I’m drinking bottled spring water, because I drank a glass of tap water and it made me nauseated. Tomorrow will be an awesome food and water day – I feel so spoiled – most people never get to eat even as good as I ate today without all that stuff!

om – I LOVE Yoda turds! Too bad he can’t survive in my climate :)

Angie arent chermoyaaka yoda turds the bomb? om my gosh ive been eating like two aday as the season for them is short, they come up from mexico…didi the loquats make it? fresh off the tree is so tough to send! im sure i broke every fruit across state lines law there was sending it to ya but who cares! teehee my best to superman! later gators!