Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Days 100 % Raw Support Group

Comments

• Hi All,

I wanted to say to Koolieadad and Shambavi rock on with your fasts! I am not in a place where I can fast right now but as soon as I get back home I plan to do a juice feast, not sure about 92 days but a juice feast none the less. Well its day 45 for me, I feel great, I have some emotional and memories detox going on. But I know that this stuff is coming up so that I can let go of it for good. I am so excited I will be back in the US in a little over 1 week. Since I went raw in April, its amazing how my attitude and health have changed. I sleep fantsastically now, I was a veteran insommniac. I am grateful for the smallest things and I finally feel full and satisfied after a meal. The bible says ask and you shall receive. Perhaps other holy books say something similar, I asked for help to feel better, anything and 2 days later I happened upon raw food literature and websites…I asked and I received! Life is good, and I am finally beginning to savor that. I am thankful to have embarked on this path. I am losing weight, finally. I feel better, and I am happier…what’s not to love? Peace to you all, deasmiles.

• Hi everyone. I’m a newbie to this site and to raw. Its only been 4 days for me. I’m doing great so far, eating mainly salads and juices and nuts. Found this site when I was searching for raw recipes. Good luck to everyone. I like the idea of this link!

• ZoeZoe Raw Newbie

Hey Deasmiles! Your post made me go all tingly, thanks for sharing!

• I am on day 20 being 100% raw. (unless you count stuff like nama shoyu and organic miso). The funny thing is that except for the first day, which was pretty difficult, it’s been pretty easy for me. I don’t put to much pressure on myself but I’m just so much happier with so much energy and my insomnia gone. My skin is going a little crazy but I went from vegetarian (not vegan) and crutches like alcohol n stuff, to a 100% raw vegan diet. It was meant to be a cleanse. I must admit that it is becoming a lifestyle choice. My one worry is that I will be going to the Czech Republic and Poland for two weeks in July. I’ve never been there but don’t think the diet there is very raw-friendly. Does anyone know? How does one go from one extreme and change the diet for travel? I want to be gracious in a foreign country, but I don’t want make my body really mad at me.

• spiritedmamaspiritedmama Raw Newbie

elisabeth, You may want to think about bringing some raw bars with you on your trip to help maintain your rawsome lifestyle. There are a few brands that I like in a pinch: lara bars, smart monkey, and rama are all good, and you can get at least one of those brands at most health food, coop, or whole foods stores.

Another idea is that you could do some research ahead of time to find out what produce is available in the Czech Republic and Poland before you go so you could plan some meals ahead of time. I live in Poland for a while when I was in highschool, and I remember there being carrots, greens, and some fruits. But, that was MANY years ago, so my memory is a bit foggy. Plus, I was not raw then, so wasn’t paying as close attention.

• Hi. I’m Paula. I was raw for almost 4 months before the cravings finally drove me mad and I gave in to them. This time I talked to my naturopath first and found a supplement that takes away my cravings. With that I have been 100% raw for 7 days. I’ve also lost 20 lbs. With the extra energy I have signed up for a Chi Running class next month and my goal is a marathon in January.

• koolieaidedkoolieaided Raw Newbie

It’s my 7th day on the cleanse…I have a sore throat…I think it’s because of detox. No major detox symptomes going on except for acme..i’m not too worried about that. I’m just looking at the benefits ahead and staying on target.

• Hi Kooleaided, hang in there with your cleanse. I can’t wait to be back home where I will be able to do this. I have acne too now since I went raw on April 2 this year, first time ever in my life and as a 41 yr old adult! How weird is that? You know as an overweight chick I used to be obsessed with my skin and got the “hmmm what a pretty face comments all the time” well…I am sure my skin will go back to being smooth..but I have gained clarity of mind, well being, my body is more toned, the fat (orange skin) cellulite is visibly diminished and plus I just feel good! So don’t worry about a bit of acne (although I am sure its a big deal for teens) your skin is the biggest organ and so the body cleanses through the skin too. Today is day 46 raw for me (I am subtracting some days in april I was travelling and ate dairy) I feel good and have such peace of mind. I am calm and serene and know that all is well and all will be well. Write again about your cleanse and let us know how its going ok? Blessings and hugs, Dea.

• Hi deasmiles! It is nice to hear about your trials and tribulations. I went on a cleanse a couple of years ago and then ended up getting shingles. I am not sure if it was a coincidence or if the cleanse caused it in some way. I also got bumps when I was eating sunflower seeds as the main part of my diet but lost a lot of weight a few years ago. I am going raw pretty much for the first time right now. I have a bunch of pecan burgers in the dehydrator right now and am going to try the banana crepe tomorrow. I would be interested in seeing before and after pictures of people if they have lost a lot of weight. I am hoping to lose a lot doing this. I have seen some other sites where there are pictures like that but they are for sites that are advertising to make money on coaching so I was hoping to see some results from real people who are not sponsored. I am suffering from a lot of pain in my joints particularily my left knee from an old injury. So I am hoping on being one of those success stories where there was a miraculous change from all this because I feel like I need a miracle! Good luck to everyone doing this!

• ZoeZoe Raw Newbie

hi writeeternity My husband lost alot of weight, have a look at his before and afters, lots of people have found them inspirational!

CLICK HERE FOR CHRIS'S BEFORE AND AFTERS!
  • Hi Zoey, Thank you so much for the link. That is truely a transformation! Your husband looks like a completely different person- I can tell it’s him but it’s like he has evolved into a higher being.I got my boyfriend to try the carrot pecan burger this morning and the banana “bread” from this site. He wasn’t grossed out and was actually suprised that it tasted good.

I am actually feeling about 50% better this morning as far as pain goes. I also slept a lot better last night. I feel like the top part of my abdomen has flattened out. I was not officially diagnosed but feel like I am suffering from pancreatits as I have had pain under my rib cage and between my shoulder blades. That is a lot better this morning too.

I’m going over to help my mom with a puppy birth. Her dog Pom Pom should be having them today or tomorrow.

Your website looks really interesting too. I am going to take a longer look at it today. Thanks for the encouragement!

• ZoeZoe Raw Newbie

No problem glad you find it interesting :) Good luck with the pups!

writeeternity, you’re a puppy doula…cool!! Let me know how it goes! (I’m a people doula)

Today is my 9th day on the fruit clease and 100% raw. I’m doing well, I haven’t seen any major detoxification symptoms so I’m doing well. I’m so glad that everyone is so supportive. I really want to stick with it. My mom is even getting into organic foods, and I’m really excited about that.

• Hi Koolieadad,

nice picture…way to go on your detox and imagine your mom too is into organic fruit and veggies now! You are such a trooper so smart and so young too! I am glad you changed your picture and we can now see your nice smile! Keep smiling :)) dea.

• greater or equal to 60 days on 100% raw

• deasmiles: I would believe that you would get many minerals in eating several raw vegetables and fruits each day. I eat 2 great big salads one for lunch and one for dinner. Plus lots of fruit and a green smoothie every morning. I do understand that you need to supplement B vitamins and I do that with a wonderful B supplement, so from what I understand I should be in good shape. Do you think we need more?

Jackie Vetter 

• Hello I am 112 days raw!!! Yeah!!! I love my diet of raw foods but I am not yet at the stage where I just like mono or just plain veges and fruits. I still like the recipes like flax crackers and cashew cheese. I have heard it takes a year of 100% raw to get to the simple stage. I do drink 2 quarts of green smoothie a day and I try to eat simply until dinner when I eat a more elaborate meal, such as collard greens rolled up with cashew cheese, avocado and salsa… yum! Or raw california rolls made with sunflower pate, avo, cuke, carrot and spinach. I am looking forward to the time when I only want to eat one fruit or vege at a time and be completely satisfied.

• Hi jkvetter, thanks for the info, I eat the same way so I guess my worry about nutrients and minerals is more due to input by my SO and his mother who do not think its a very good idea I eat this way. Intuitively I think the way I am eating is fine, I even feel better now than when I ate cooked food. I no longer have over eating or compulsive eating issues. I am full quicker and I feel truly satisfied eating this way. I do take a b vitamin supplement ever week or so. So yeah my fear of not getting sufficient vitamins, nutrients and minerals is probably unfounded. :) Blessings all :) dea.

• Hi! Zoe and Spirited Mama thanks for the comments! We had 4 puppies. Two flashy, dog show quality, one plain, and one white with a black spot on his eye. They are very healthy but the mother was very nervous and agitated. I took her in this morning for an ultrasound to make sure she didn’t have one stuck in there but she was great. I took marinated mushrooms with the walnut taco meat in the caps. Everyone tried them and really liked them. I really craved fruit the next morning so that’s a good thing! Going to try to rest now.

Today is my 13th day on the raw fruit cleanse…it looks like such a small number, but in that little time I’ve over came so much.

• This is my 6th day raw. Such a small number in comparison, but you’ve got to start somewhere. I’ve pretty much hit a wall today. No energy. I can’t tell if it’s the diet, or lack of caffeine. This is my 2nd day with no caffeine. I really really want a coffee. I felt so good and energized yesterday, but today, I just want to crawl back into bed and sleep all day. Is this normal?

weirdphoenician, You are probably hitting a detox stage, either from the raw food, or from not having coffee. Hang in there. If you can take it easy today, just rest (as much as your life allows), drink some fresh juices and light meals, and get a good night sleep tonight. Detox can be harsh, and the more you allow your body to do it’s thing without fighting it, the smoother your detox will be.

Today is my 16th day on the fruit cleanse…it’s been going pretty well so far. My family had a get together on the 28th with family, friends, and a lot of SAD foods. I got through it, and stay true to the raw. It was hard, but I know that my faith in myself and God really helped me get through with flying colors. I just wanted to say thankyou to everyone here and most of all deasmiles because you have really given me support with your wonderful words. Well I’m just taking it one day at a time.

• Hi everyone! I am so glad I found this site! I’ve been 90% raw for about a month now with a few 100% days…my DH still isn’t convinced but oh well :) He says he’ll go 100% when I do, so we shall see :) My raw journey has been an interesting one…I got so fed up one day at my belly pooch that I prayed to God for help and that His will be done about my health…I’ve been ovo-vegetarian for 6 years with the occasional slip…a little while later I started reading about the raw food diet(not knowing it’s considered a “fad” by many people now). I tried bringing more fruits and vegetables into our meals and I felt better. So I would occasionally have these bouts where ANYTHING even remotely cooked gave me a stomache and nausia! But I still ate it…During those times I would ask God if He wanted me to go 100% raw now and if this discomfort was my clue…but eventually the sickness would go away…this happened about two times…and now it won’t go away and whenever I eat cooked food I feel sick unless I keep eating it and then I guess my body gets overrun with toxins or something and I only feel a little sick….so…anyway :) I have a strong feeling that soon I will have to go 100% in order to feel better and not be so crabby….I do have a question though…. Whenever my DH and I eat a 100% raw meal we both crave meat or mashed potatoes(I’ve been craving chicken nuggets…the really prosessed kind that you used to get from the cafeteria in grade school ;) )...Is this normal? What would you suggest I do to satisfy our cravings? We don’t have a dehydrator…would an oven with the pilot light on work? All we have is a blender and basic tools…

• Alexandra, I laughed when I read your problem with cravings because my BF and I went through the same thing. I was vegan before becoming raw, I remember after incorporating green smoothies in my diet I had the worst craving for thick pork chops and meatballs. Personally I think that on an emotional and psychological level our bodies are letting go of old food patterns. I even craved fish sticks with mac and cheese ( have not had that since I was a kid, don’t even like fish ). Anyway, the spicy taco meat with sour cream ( both recipes on this site ) helped me alot. I really felt like I was eating meat and dairy. Good luck, I’m sure you will get some good advise from the people on this site.

• Hi everyone. I haven’t gone 100% raw yet but I have been trying to get organized enough to. I went out to dinner tonight with my boyfriend and got eggplant parmesana and my tongue broke out in blisters! Crazy let me tell you. So I take that as a big sign that I am on the right path. I’m not going to miss that SAD food now!

today is my 19th day 100% raw. 2 more days and it will be 3 weeks. I’m so happy!

• kauaigirlkauaigirl Raw Newbie

213 days at 100%! Taking it up a notch now by limiting nuts, dried fruits, agave, Nama Shoyu, tahini…some of the things that are questionable and still causing some cravings. Let’s keep this thread going! It helps me a lot to keep my progress in mind when temptations arise.

• Stacie here….I will start 100% raw when I come off my juice fast. Does my juice fast count since it is raw? If so, I guess I am 2 days 100% raw.

Prior to this I switched my entire family to certified organic, raw milk and raw cheese about a month ago and I have been eating approximately 50% raw.