Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Mangers in a Mange land...

Comments

• Thanks, I get that a lot. What with everyone seeing my underwear all the time, I mean.

• omshantiomshanti Raw Newbie

strawberry, you sly thing thing you, you crack me up….just to clarify for my sheltered self, metrosexual, isnt that a straight guy who dresses nice? trying to get my head around it, really. grin…for instance a metro sexual wouldnt wear a robe, he’d wear a kimono or wrap right? ;) oh zooey are we back to old angela? sigh…...

on the book front mark twain and jack london favs of course, classics! last years fav book for me was a secret life of bees, girl with a pearl earring was fun, and lately ive been all pearl s buck, reading oriental themed novels. that stems from my love of bad kung fu movies im sure. who doesnt love shaolin soccer? teehee

• Odd, that you should write that, OM. I am at this very moment eating breakfast in an oriental-style robe. My friend says that when I wear it I look like a ‘thrift store dracula.’ Nice to see you up at this hour. Have a great day.

• ahhhhh Good morning everyone.. It’s a beautiful day in Atlanta…

Hey Zooey your’e back I see, “thrift store dracula” tee hee no comment I see you are still solving the mysteries, are you a murder she wrote fan. I remember one time my mother as a punishment made me sit with her and watch a episode of that and Hawaii Five O back to back …..... ughh I think that was worse then being put on restriciton. I do have to say even though I felt pretty bad putting the link to your MODEL spread, the pic LAST FILM is pretty darn dope I must say sir.

OM- Good thing that food you made didn’t go to waste, as for me making the burger I don’t think the cheezit mixture held up in the fridge. It looks a little rancid, but either way I am going to try it this weekend. As for the dressing well I chucked the honey mustard, and went for a lime, agave, olive oil and turmeric concoction . Its pretty tasty I must say.

And as for the dumb vegan well we can’t win them all, but I can say I met a couple of dumb carnivores on the train today, but I will keep those comments for “giveittomeraw” where the kids needs something to talk about. TEE HEE>..

• Wow, there’s a lot that I missed here. I can’t believe you posted my link, Ardes—you’re like some spiteful little sister. And as for you, Om, that is my Ex’s dog. My cat was just laying there, chill as can be. I’m starting to feel like I’m in a Shirley Jackson story.

• Oh you didn’t even know I should have kept my mouth shut. Well as for the spiteful little sister comment, I just want to be like you when I grow up :)

• greeniegreenie Raw Newbie

Been away a while and just came back to the shenanigans here.

Glad Zooey came out about not liking dogs. Hairy smelly beasts. On more than one occasion I’ve gone to a friend’s home, to be greeted at the door by human and dog, and the dog jumps on me, slimes me, tries to mate with me (literally) and upon seeing my desperate attempts to get the thing to STOP and GET OFF and GO AWAY, the friend rather unnecessarily assures me the dog is ‘friendly’ and ‘won’t hurt you’.

I don’t have much to add. I mostly wanted to show you all my new photo and give a little happy dance at the true dog confession. Zooey, Jesus loves you.

• uhmmmmmm Greenie your pic is scaring me :)... What is going on with thumper is someone grinding his grits or what.

I love dogs, but I do hate when you go over to someone house and they act like there dog is suppose to jump all over you. The whole down side to having dogs is the SAD food that we feed them, my friends pit bull has bad skin, arthritis and lets not mention she is over weight and hates to motivate to do anything

• Thanks, Greenie. We’ll form a support group, you and I. I’m looking at the position of your hand in that photo—is that a rabbit or a Pez dispenser?

• Luna bluLuna blu Raw Newbie

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha! I don’t know what you were eating on you last trip, but look what it’s done to you!! ha ha ha You had some of that BBQ didn’t you? Ha ha ha ha!

Greenie, thanks for the new pic. I now know what the inside of a rabbits mouth looks like!

ardesmond and Zooey, the rabbit is YAWNING, he’s not dispensing PEZs and my hands are not, well, I resent the implication.

ardesmond, great pic.

George Burns: “When I was a boy, the Dead Sea was only sick.”

• Yeah, real cute. On a site full of vegetable-worshipers you choose a pic specifically making fun of them by calling them simple-minded, plant-eaters. Hear that guys? Greenie is calling you all rabbits. Laconic rabbits no less. Laconic, simple-minded rabbits who are in the palm of her hand.

I hope that I have successfully turned anyone’s resentment toward Greenie and away from me.

• Thanks greenie it was the first time we ate at a RAW/living foods Restarant. In the pic I was going through a heavy detox period as the smile is just a facade, deep down inside I was saying how long is it going to take for these people to bring this food out, so we had to make due and kill the time by taking silly pics.

It makes me wonder sometimes when I eat at the raw foods place here, why the food doesn’t come quicker. They don’t have to cook it, what’s the hold up? Oh, wait a min. it could be the slow witted, patchouli reeking, sacred cow syndrome. (if you watch the Family Guy, picture me letting out a Peter Griffinsesque snicker here.)

• YES LUNA you are on fire today with the comedy, loving it here while I sit in cubicle world. I did dress up my cubicle with a lot of color but I have to say you are making my day much brighter. Are you at home or at work.

• omshantiomshanti Raw Newbie

ok , to me, miss greenie bunny bore-er( yawning bunny reference;)) and zooey kimono wearer, you hate the dog for his humans lack of teaching him the rules about other humans. Dogs will be dogs …the alpha will tell the others to sit and stay and knock off any shinanigans. Dogs are the consumate ass kissers, they fawn rediculously much like teeney boppers at a hanson concert. once the proper way to behave is established, they make fine companions. just as a sad aside,horses spend their whole lives in human companionship, learning how to not be horses…

zooey i wondered why so meek yesterday, i thought all my joshing had some how offended…teehee but you simply missed a whole page of fun huh? ah well, top o the mornin to ya! THEORY on the vegan dum dums maybe his mind is so expanded because of all the incredible vitamins and minerals he is actually like solving world issues 10 at a time in his noggin and the muffin escapes this process some how because its so mundane….no? it was a stretch, maybe he jsut needs a bath! teehee

ardes: the cheezit stuff last about two days and sometimes seperates and looks vile, so taste before you mix k? otherwise all veggie burger mush will be sullied! did ya check into that meat loaf recipe i recommended on the site? im telling you that gal can cook! enjoy your beeeeeooootiful day in hotlanta!;)

strawberry? you up yet? oh thats right not a minute before 10:30 and then only to yawn and scratch! teehee catch ya later gator….

ardes, I am at home for now. Going to work later on. Glad to brighten up your day! check out greenies new picture. I think she got offended at the vantrilaquist (God that’s the first time i have ever had to write that word, sp. indeed) puppet remark! :)

greenie, cute pic btw. I love bunnies, so does my dog… Sorry.;)

• Just in time OMshanti, I was wondering if today was clean the horse day or something. I an shooting blanks on the recipe search for the nut loaf HELP. I think this weekend I am going to take a shot at making a crap load of bread and crackers, I feel like when we all get home we are just looking for that one snacky thing and I have to fill that void.

• Luna just got your post, OKAY has anyone seen the gremlins doesn’t GREENIES AVATAR look like one of the evil gremlins. That pic is to cute I must say. I am going to use it on my next email to my people to send in there status report.

• Maybe a visual is better check out the link

http://www.mwctoys.com/images/review_gremlins_1…

Oh my God!! Way too funny! I am sure greenie may now be changing her pic. again! I must say the gremlin is cuter. Joke! ;)

I just found this picture on the net, it’s a killer rabbit doll from Monty Pythons Holy Grail! The caption on the picture was om num num num num! I am dying of laughter here, please somebody join me!

• No, Om. I mean I don’t like dogs. I dont mind the slobbering and jumping around—I’ve run with my share of dogs and gotten licked all over—no problem. But it’s those very traits that everyone loves in dogs that I find truly unsettling. Their obedience. Their ability to do to do anything—bark, kill—just as long as they are ordered to. To draw a political analogy—in the arena of the animal world—dogs are the cops, the Gestapo, the militiamen running through the woods. They are the fascists.

Cats on the other hand are aloof and independent. They are slinky and while everything goes to hell—flopping tongues and dropped police batons—they sit at a distance, observing everything with bitter sophistication.

Like the French.

I really do think that this is a nuanced differentiation that a lot of people don’t understand. My sister, when I go off about this (she with her Goddamn rottweilers) looks at me like I’m some sort of heathen for not being attracted to blind obedience. But then, she married a cop.

Boy, I’m going to get it for this. Ce’st la vie

True usually. Since you have never met my mutt, you would think all dogs are obedient. There is a reason I am going grey , actaully two. My beloved hubby and my dog. Both whom I love DEARlY. The dog is pretty disobedient, she thinks she knows best iguess. And at 105 pounds this is disconcerting. I love cats too. I have a very gogeous tuxedo cat named , ready for it? Sylvester. Original I know! And I love that they are aloof and don’t have the capacity to kill you! Dogs do. Some blind obedience would be nice once in a while.

Husbands pretty stubourn as well. I would have no respect for him if he were P. whipped!

Ps. she is my first, and more than likely my last dog. I have found out the hard way, that I love dogs, but I am not a dog person. I love other peoples dogs in the same manner I love other peoples kids. You have your visit with them and give them back!

Oh and another thing, although i think bunnies are the cutest things on earth, I think the majority of them make pretty boring pets! Don’t take this personally greenie, cos’ maybe yours do circus tricks, I don’t know! ;)

And yet one more thing. Zoey, could you please change you picture back, Landsbury is giving me the heeby jeebies for some reason!

• I don’t know what you mean. I thought I looked cute.

See what you drove me to, changing my photo, hiding behind shades.

Luna blu, love your rabbits. I am peeing in my pants (New York-ese for LOL).

Zooey, we carrot crunchers don’t mind the occasional rabbit reference, yawning or not. We’re too dull to figure out when we’re being insulted.

And yes about the dogs. Those so-called attractive traits are just their way of looking for the next meal, not love, not loyalty, just simple beggardom, insatiable wanting wanting wanting. FEEEEEEEED me! The BALL the BALL the BALL!

But the slobbering and the smell, oh ick.

Cats on the other hand are lovely…I’m having fun imagining Jesus smoking Gauloises.

You know Zoey, i feel foolish. I think I mentioned something in one of my posts about your cats name. Now, living in the Great White North as I do, we don’t run into many folks name Jesus. Only the one with the long hair and beard who somebody thought would be fun to nail up. (Hope I just didn’t stir up a hornets nest here!) Didn’t realize it was ‘hezues’ (phonetically) So, i guess my coment may have gone over your head, about him being an outdoor catr and you yelling out you window at night ‘jesus (Christ) where are you?!’

Anyhow, you can see how i may have thought it kinda… different… as a name.

Greenie, Shilohs. my dogs breed, don’t really smell. Tjhat was one of the things that impressed me on the breed, theri non stinkiness. not a big drooler either. If you get the baggy faced dogs, yeah, DROOL!

• I got it. If I tied to respond to all the comments here (and fan mail) I’d never get any work done.