Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Mangers in a Mange land...

Comments

• BluedolfinBluedolfin Raw Newbie

hey om~ It has been fun to read… Thankx for the suggestions… I could use a good.. cough, cough… romance… one in real life would be even better… 8) Which is your fav? If I order them from Amazon, they come in a… cough, cough… plain white box. lol… BTW, just looked up Diane Gabaldon on Amazon. Looks like she has a new release (might just be a paperback version of a hardback…). A Breath of Snow and Ashes is being released end of April. Oh, another of my fav is Mary Stewart’s Merlin Trilogy. It is the Camelot story from Merlin’s pov.

Oh mighty horse whisperer… bowing very low, hand waving over head… for the sake of the horses, please educate us!!! Since you mentioned that movies portray an insulting way to approach a horse, what are 3 good ways for an amateur to greet a horse that are welcoming by the horse?

... uh oh… help! having trouble straightening up from the low bow… 8-|

• omshantiomshanti Raw Newbie

hey blue, yep you guessed thats the paperback release of a breath of snow and ashes…i love arthurian( or is that camelodian,mirlinian, wait , wait how about,knightly novels teehee)...jack white wrote a great series with romans and camelot..really good. as for the gabladon series, start at the beginning with outlander…then give it 80 to 100 pages the people who i reccomneded it to who did not like the book never got past the first 100 pages…sigh i no longer speak to them of course! teehee actually my own mom couldnt get into it…niether could Tim but one of my oldest dearest male friends loved it and like me has reread the series a few times. Its all about character development..once you get hooked on claire and Jamie they are like old friends…gotta say I first read the books almost 10 years ago now and everytime i reread i get a different slant….fun though.

appropriate horse greeting procedure for those of you who care: treat a horses hide as you would an expensive peice of wifi equiptment( for those of you from the record player days: like the needle on the turn table) a horse can feel a fly land on its left lower ass cheek and shake that square inch of skin under the offending flies body, so a big old patting human hand is like a being pounded with a wet towel. stroke the horse with the grain of the hair and NOT HIS FACE ugh! not only can the horse not see you hand up close and personal as there is a blind spot there but do you really like strangers touching your face? also dont chase the horse with your hand if hes offered for you to pet him by moving into range and hangin out then fine if he searched you for treats and moved on, then so be it some horses like some people arent interested in communing if there is nothing in it for him/her. As fun as it is for us to go to a barn and pet every horse there, its poor form. it would be like someone walking into a preschool and picking up and hugging and kissing every kid there..creepy huh? ask permission to greet a horse and not from the dumb human standing next to it… from the horse. if he is showing no interest in you keep your paws to yourself! now once you and a horse are familiar you can behave in a more familiar way…just like with your friends or family….i squish my horses ,kiss and hug them , they tease me and i tease them….my one sweet boy has a zipper fetish he always yanks the zipper on my jacket open… if i let him he closes and opens it for minutes at a time….he also presents what ever body part is itchy first thing in the morning like” oh thank god you are here, i cant get this spot..would you mind?” teehee you can all send me 50 bucks, lessons over for today! teehee

• Wow I am loving the part about not rubbing and petting every horse, great analogy using the preschool kids. Got a question for you, do you think it is cruel for the horse that are doing the carriage rides. My daughter wants to go on a carriage ride downtown, but I always thought it was kind of weird and painful to the horse YES or NO.

Good morning by the way/

howdy ardes, a good morning to you too! sigh, the carriage rides, well you know im not a great one to ask as im pretty much a dicotomy on horses in general….wont bore you with the spacifics, i will tell you though that it is COMMON practice among carriage companys to drug their animals for”safety” reasons…its outrageous and dangerous, a stoned animal dragging a vehicle in a public place….who thought this was a good idea? so for the sheer safety angle i wouldnt reccomend as for cruelty, well any use of any animal can be deemed cruel, but there are good horse people and bad horse people in every sport: raceing, jumping, eventing, reining, rodeos, the amish, you name it. Even some horse whisperers are misguided…speaking of which that was the worst horse book ever written…and movie was even worse! teehee

im trying to scrounge some breaky and waiting for the trash people to come so i can get down the hill and feed the herd… cant play long today, have lessons starting at 9….got to dust off all my analogies, center myself and harness my smart alec bone.., diplomacy is best however sometimes silence and physical intervention between frustrated owner and equally frustrated equine is more effective. at least for me! hahaha then, i can have a moment to learn to speak civilly again to my client. GRIN tally-ho! have a great day!

• BluedolfinBluedolfin Raw Newbie

nicker… om~ Wooh there… Ya posted a few times… Are ya think’n we’re really dense or you want’n $150 from each of us? ;)

On behalf of all the horses we will now properly greet…thaaaaaaank you. nuzzle, nuzzle… :) Actually the info is really interesting.

BTW, how is the horse doing down the way from you? Hope s/he is getting the needed care.

• lzhptlzhpt Raw Newbie

Are you all having trouble w/ the site last night and today? very slow—trouble posting. I’ll try—speaking of knightly novels—just finished Ken Follet’s Pillars of the Earth—973 pgs. of cathedral Building in 12th century England! this one could’ve been told in 300 pages. Interested to know if any have read it—loaded w/ violence, meat gluttony and rape after rape. Overall, liked it—maybe it was 7 battles too long and made me not like men for a little while. I’m thankful i live in these times. Hope you are all having the yummiest day! Signing off as sleepless again today with energy like a Stepford Wife—my poor family.

• Luna bluLuna blu Raw Newbie

Goodmorning yall! Funny split up sort of day today.One of my clients had me get up early this morning! Then I big break and some more clients later! So I thought i would come home and let the dog out so I didn’t have any messes to clean up! and also I just HAD to say hey ho to you all!

Yeah, I’m reading a book about flatulence right now called ‘Airbiscuit’ It’s a very light an airy read! Sorry! Whenever I see the name Seabiscuit, I think Airbiscuit! No offence to horses! I used to ride ALOT when I was younger, untill my aunt sold Brownie and Johnny to the people who make Elmers. ;o

I have laughed more in the last few days than i have in a long time!! that sort of laugh that you can’t stop and tears roll down you cheeks! Before raw, I would have chuckled a little at all the shinnanigans here, but now, I bust a gut. The other night, I walk into the livingroom and catch the tale end of a new scary movies called the Ruins. Well, I don’t see very well and it looks to me like it says the Runs! To which i dye laughting and am actually still laughing about it. I think it’s set in Mexico my husband says, which sets me off again! HANG ON A MINUTE, I have to go blow my nose and whipe my eyes! ha ha ha ha ha ha ha. God I’m demented!

Anyhow, I just want to thank you guys for helping make my day! :) XxXOoOoX (if yoiu have seen Nacho libre, you know what that refers to)

Izhpt, we posted at the same time! Yes the site is painfully slow. Maybe it’s been vegan for too long…

Actually since I am a large geeky nerd, I just finished reading the Hobbit for the second time and am now reading Lord of the Rings for the hundredth time! Hmmm, I wonder how it ends!:)

Izhpt, we posted at the same time! Yes the site is painfully slow. Maybe it’s been vegan for too long…

Actually since I am a large geeky nerd, I just finished reading the Hobbit for the second time and am now reading Lord of the Rings for the hundredth time! Hmmm, I wonder how it ends!:)

• angie207angie207 Raw Master

I agree with Luna – This has been a much-needed humor break for me, too, all starting with Zooey’s “poop” topic, and now especially this topic! Thanks, all, for lightening my load :) Misreading the movie title and the site’s been vegan too long – funny!!!

• lzhptlzhpt Raw Newbie

Kiss, Kiss. Can’t say I’m a fan so I’m moving onward. I’ll be visiting Mom and her sick hubby over the next 4 days so I’ll be reading “How not to hang yourself when traveling 7 hours with your 3 kids and two dogs” Along with the sequel “How to get step dad off the chemo for incurable cancer and living his remaining life instead.” Now there’s a topic! An luna, where would we be without cracking ourselves up. I often find myself alone on my own island with my own sense of humor :)

• lzhptlzhpt Raw Newbie

Thanks. Leave tomorrow. I’m bringing along “Tuesdays with Morrie” Enjoy every moment of every day, even when the 13 year-old is melting down, the 15 year-old has been evacuated from school for a formaldehyde spill and is roaming the city without his phone, you were supposed to pick up the 11 year old 30 mins ago and the dog just $hi* on the new wool rug. PS I need a good aphrodesiac too!

om – My mom and I really liked the cinnamon apple crisps and she said the winter veggie bread was pretty good. I agree :) The cheez-ums didn’t have enough salt for us, but I am glad to have them without nutritional yeast and they still taste cheesy. :) I am not usually a fan of carrots, but I was surprised that I really love the Cr-onion bread. I am going to have to check out your website for pricing, etc. Thank you so much!

lzhpt – You crack me up! :D

• Good day all, I have been in back to back meetings so this is my first break to read, seems like I have missed a little bit.

IZhpt== I see you have updated your pic, nice seeing you

Angie== I was waiting on the update to see how the “box” from OM was working out.

Good stuff – for me, anyway! Hopefully there will be something left for the rest of my family when they get around to trying it ;) I had some more of the breads as a snack just now. the oriental crisps smelled strongly like mushrooms when we opened the bag, and superman hates mushrooms, so he wouldn’t taste them even though I told him the crisps didn’t really taste like mushrooms :( The good thing about the crisps, though, is that he thought they were the same as some other flax crackers we bought a year or two ago from a local lady here, and he was excited about them! So I am going to buy him some more of those:)

Okay, I’m off to school again – going part time so I can still take time to eat well and be a mom, so it feels like I’ll be in school FOREVER, but I have to believe that isn’t true and just keep doing it anyway. Chat later :)

stRAWberry – Well gosh golly gee, that’s the nicest thing anyones said to my all day!! And thanks too! And no, I have been a good little ‘beast’. Haven’t touched the ‘wacky weed’ for a while now! I think it’s the carrots. i hope they don’t seek revenge on me!

Hmmmm, I am thinking of changeing my pic. again. I may even put a pic. of me! Thought I would grace you with my stund, I mean stunning looks!;)

Hmmm, om, no comments about my aunt selling her horses to the Elmers people?! Maybe I’m being igronred!:(

Where’s Angela Landsbury anyway?

• lzhptlzhpt Raw Newbie

ardes—for the record—I’m not the bald guy!

Izhpt, thanks for clearing that up for all of us!!

oh luna ! the A team? god! teehee as per your auntie selling her horses to elmers well as i said, there are good horse people and bad horse people…...;) ill let you figure out which one your auntie is! sweet grin….you giggling over the mistaken movie titile was a hoot, i would have been wiping tears of glee too…

izhpt: your as cute as your little dog too… cackle cackle, its noce to put a face to the wierd name! ;) anyhoo, you sound giddy like the rest of us on this thread..great to have ya!

as per my multiple postings, its a website glich, it loads outrageously slow and multiple posts then when i try ot go bakc and delete the extras i cant at the time so i try to get back later on to

but as far as sending me 150 bucks each, i wont turn it down if it arrives in the mail! i got critters to feed after all! teeheheee

angie, im glad some of the stuff worked for you, i think its funny about the oriental crisps smelling of mushrooms, there is less than a table spoon in there…and the cheezits i even made “salty” by my standards..teehee its all good though as i love the feed back. have a good day at school!

srawberry, i loath ken follet too, trite and formula writing like jodi picoult, i have read several of her books and enjoyed them on their own merits but in general…summer pool read at best! well im beat its off to make the din din…tomarrow amigos!

ardes where you at?

• hola you guys i am typing with one hand and one eye open i have been averaging about 3 hrs of sleep for the last month. I didn’t pull a zooey though, just catching sum zzzzzzzzzz’s.

om loving the pic

izhpt = you’re not the bald one like raw claire is a raw food 13 year old genius that is home schooled. teehee !!!

Luna blu what’s up arn’t u suppose to be at work…..

• lzhptlzhpt Raw Newbie

That WAS a good post on the rawclaire. Alas, at this time, I am not bald though my husband will attest to my secret attraction to bald men—triathlete types-lean and completely bald. oh save me! Maybe I don’t need the aphrodesiac afterall! luna :)

You guys crack me up! I have the same attraction, lzhpt, but mine doesn’t have to be secret (unless/until I date/marry a man who doesn’t look like that teeheehee). But I have found that knowing a good man’s heart makes him infinitely more attractive to me, so I win either way!!! :)

• Hi, Everyone. I just started a new quarter at one of the small colleges, a new gig, and… and to be honest this diet is kinda kicking my ass. I just got home from teaching all day and I have a headache like you wouldn’t believe. The running is still good anyway.

Maybe I should be in the newbie forum for this stuff but I sorta like this slightly stained position I’ve made for myself in here.

I promise to change my pic very soon.

Yay! You came back – I have been WAAAAAAITING for somebody to play with :) I feel like I should ne in newbie-ville right now, too (I was craving wheat like crazy and didn’t know what to do with it raw, so I have been eating Ezekiel sprouted tortillas for 3 or 4 days), but this is more fun! Tonight I finally found a recipe for sprouted wheat bread, so I am sprouting some wheat as we speak (type) :)

I guess I’ll have to come back and play tomorow. Night, all :)

• Yeah, I’m seriously considering breaking my diet. Crack cocaine sounds good. Angie, we barely know each other so I hate do this to you—But I’m going to bed. Your new photo is pretty damn cute though. Have a good night.