Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

What You Ate Today

Hi,

I am trying to be more raw again (starting today!). I thought this would be a good place for people to record what they ate with links to recipes. So far (March 29th) I have had a bowl of fresh pineapple.

Comments

• joannabananajoannabanana Raw Newbie

breakfast- smoothie of 1 banana, 2 pears, 1/4 mango, and 1 tangerine.

lunch- half package of kelp noodles with braggs and nooch.

so far, i'm feelin good!!

• bowl of fruit and nut including asian pear, half an apple, a banana, a couple strawberries, goji berries, and some walnuts with raw buckwheat groats...super tasty and satisfying

• Right now munching on raw almonds. Also had an apple - making a grocery list.

• FeeFee Raw Master

Breakfast - small banana, tangerine, small apple and pear - chopped up and topped with cacao sauce (1 tsp cacao 1tsp agave and water)

Lunch - 3 date and orange slices (in the car in a car park when I got lost due to roadworks attempting to get to a potluck)

Mid afternoon - Hempy banana shake

Tea - lettuce, zuchini and carrot salad with basic raw pizza

• zinfandelzinfandel Raw Newbie

breakfast- 3 bananas

lunch- 10 navel oranges

dinner- 5-10 bananas

this varies a lot day to day.

• Fee - your breakfast sounds delicious - I will have to try that sometime!

• Today -

Breakfast smoothie was raw cacao with soaked chia seeds, soaked goji's and bananas with bee pollen, boku superfood powder and maca powder and TONS OF spinach.

Spirulina & Chlorella tabs with cucumber apple celery juice with a tablespoon of vitamineral green in it.

Banana celery kiwi smoothie.

Grapes.

An apple.

Soon will be dinner, apple kale soup and a salad with lemon juice.

• Just finished a Wilted Spinach Salad with Marinated Onions in a Mustard Seed Dressing from Ani Phyo's book.

It was great!

• bittbitt Raw Newbie

let's see...today.

green juice (apple, celery, romaine, parsley, ginger)

several bananas

large green salad with tahini dressing

a couple of ani's donut holes

• March 30, 2009 - Starting the day with a coffeee (which I am going to eventually quit, will keep drinking tea though) and a couple of apples.

• FeeFee Raw Master

Thank you Sunrise - it was delicious and so quick too. Sometimes I just use banana and add a spoonful of tahini to the sauce and once Ive poured over the sauce sprinkle on some dried coconut. It looks really pretty and makes a great dessert. I hope you enjoy it when you try it. I guess we could call it a chocolate fruit salad.

• sv3sv3 Raw Newbie

Breakfast: smoothie - banana, kiwi, pear, spinich, frozen blueberries

Snack: carrot + hummus

Lunch: greek salad with zoe's cheese with spring onions

Snack: sharon fruit + banana

Dinner: Not decided yet!

• Breakfast : Green Smoothie (banana, sweet cherries, aloe vera, coconut oil, spinach)

Lunch : Avocado and Apples

Snack : Strawberry Almond Cookies

Dinner : Will be stuffed mushrooms with a spinach salad

breakfast- one medium cantaloupe blended with some water- it's a DELICIOUS smoothie that you have to try.

lunch- big bowl of fresh fruit- 2 oranges, 1 cup of grapes, and 1 cup of strawberries

snack- 2 cups of strawberries and 1 cup of grapes with cacao powder and maple syrup (guilty pleasure)

dinner- big salad with kale, lettuce, kelp noodles, braggs, sesame seeds, and nutritional yeast

dessert- half of medium canteloupe blended with water- i'm really addicted to cantaloupes!

• SuasoriaSuasoria Raw Newbie

Breakfast - non-raw granola with non-raw rice milk, tea

Lunch - apple, pear, almond butter

Snack - leftover pesto on a few store-bought kale crackers, half-glass of carrot/ginger/turmeric juice

Dinner - zucchini noodles, mushrooms, cherry tomatoes, basil, broccoli florets, basil, in leftover cashew cheese sauce

Lots and lots of water!

• green smoothie- 1 banana, 1 kiwi, blueberries, handful of each: spinach, baby spring mix, cilantro

some red bell pepper, celery, a few sugar plum tomatoes with zucchini hummus from this site

a lil bit of apple pie i made from yesterday

• 30 persimmons / 10 bananas / 1 personal seedless watermelon

kevin, what do you think of persimmons?? (obviously, you like them!) i've always wondered if they taste too much like tomatoes.

• JoyceHJoyceH Raw Newbie

Oh wow persimmons! I didn't think they were in season right now. I'm dying to make this persimmon short cake that was recently posted on the RFC by Carmella Soleil. It looks amazing! But I figured I'd have to wait until next fall or sometime in the summer. I'll be checking the co-op for persimmons today!

Kevin, do you live in a warm climate to be enjoying persimmons right now? If so, you're so lucky as they are delish! :-)

Cheers

Joyce

ps - Joannabanna, I find them to be very sweet and rich with a custard-like texture. I used to eat a lot more when we lived out in Encinitas Ca (back in the late 90s)

• they were conventional, bought wholesale from a guy around here.

• Kevin, I was wondering how often you incorporate greens into your diet? Do you ever eat green smoothies?

• zinfandelzinfandel Raw Newbie

if you let them ripen until they look super over ripe, they are really nothing like tomatoes. much sweeter.

• ZemphiraZemphira Raw Newbie

Breakfast: Green smoothie - handful of spinach, 1/2 blueberries, 1 Tbsp hemp seeds, 1 fozen banana, 2 dates, dulse, cinnamon.

mid-morning snack: 1 large apple

Lunch: large spinach salad.

• Breakfast: a biiiiig juicy grapefruit and coffee (sorry, I don't wanna give it up!!)

Lunch: green smoothie (strawberries, banana, orange juice, spinach, cinnamon, ginger)

Dinner: cauliflower (chopped like rice) with tomato, asparagus guacamole (from this site) and shredded carrot....usually I have a salad but I'm running out of greens so I'm trying to use up my cauliflower before I go on a grocery run

Snack: Sunflower seed, almond, and raisin trail mix

• Breakfast: Big fruit salad (1 apple, 1 orange, 1 kiwi, 1 banana, 1/2 mango, few strawberries) topped with 1 cup walnut milk.

Lunch: Big green smoothie (frozen mango, mixed berries, 1/2 banana, 1 orange juiced, 2 cups mixed greens, 1.5 cups water).

Dinner: Big kale salad (modification of Chrissy's goddess kale chips) with tomato, grapes for dessert.

• RawaholicRawaholic Raw Newbie

Breakfast: Large handful of blueberries, 4 large strawberries, and 16 oz of green juice (kale, apple, celery, and lemon).

Snack: 2 medium bananas.

Lunch: A large salad (romaine and boston red lettuce, radish, avocado, cucumber, leek, peas, grape tomatoes, green olives, nutritional yeast, lemon juice, flaxseed oil).

Snack: Large handful of macadamia nuts.

Dinner: A lovely organic mango and a few medjool dates.

Throughout the day I drink 1-2 quarts of water (helps to drink the 1st quart of water an hour or two before you have breakfast).

• i don't really like greens, parsley, not to my taste. i'm a leaning fruitarian, although I do like some romaine every now and then, but i can go a month easily without them.

• Breakfast: 1 sapote, 2 small tangerines, tulsi tea

mid-morning snack: green smoothie!! i juiced some ginger and an apple and then threw in the blender lots of collard greens, baby mixed greens, and some frozen banana. sooo yummy!

lunch: kombucha, apple, and lotus root chips

dinner: thai salad from everyday raw, spring rolls with tamarind sauce from entertaining in the raw. both amazing recipes.

dessert: tomberlies ice cream and a raw brownie!

• Breakfast: I plantain, 1 apple, kale smoothie!

Lunch: 2 yellow mangoes, an apple, a lot of dates

Dinner: Kelp noodles with carrots, beets, purple cabbage, and the sesame noodle sauce from this site. It was awesome!

Post dinner snack: 1 apple, 1/2 a raw chocolate bar

What a yummy day!

Kevin, do you feel you get your full nutrition from fruits? I am curious, as I definitely notice a difference in energy when I have not been getting my greens. Where do you get your iron, calcium, vitamin K?

• March 31, 2009

Breakfast - Coffee, Large Green Smoothie (about 5 cups - which I sipped throughout the day - peaches, two large handfuls baby spinach)

Grazed all day - 2 apples, a few handuls of cashews, flax crackers, banana, 1/2 cucumber and fresh dill

Right now I am sipping on wine.

Trying not to eat after dark and I am enjoying grazing all day - I don't think that 15 minutes went by when I wasn't sipping or eating something!