Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

What You Ate Today

Comments

• pixxpixx Raw Master

"For some reason I'm starting to like foods and smoothies in a much simpler form *shrugs*"

Yeah...I totally get that; me too. From the looks of many raw recipes, I've always liked less complex foods...but over time, my desires have gotten even simpler.

Today:

~ smoothie: banana, mango, coconut, & barley grass juice.

~ Dinner at a friend's ('nuff said, ...except the guacamole was fresh & raw!)

~ 3 nectarines & a white peach

~ watermelon smoothie (I used a melon ball-er, and froze up some melon balls. Then I added fresh melon AND frozen melon to the blender with nothing else. The fresh at the bottom, so it got juicy enough not to need any added liquid.)

• LaEnsaladaLaEnsalada Raw Newbie

what are sharon fruits?

• superfood2superfood2 Raw Newbie

i don't know if i'll be on the computer later.

so far today:

14 bananas

8 c. strwaberries

4 c. blueberries

1 whole pineapple

10 c. spinach

2 cucumbers

1 mango

5 dates

1 orange

• RawaholicRawaholic Raw Newbie

Been on the go a lot today but here it is in a nutshell . . .

- quart of lemon water

- 3 cups globe grapes

- 3 bananas

- 1/2 tomato, a radish, a cucumber (chopped up and wrapped in a romaine leaf)

- smoothie (2 cups mango, 1 banana, 1/2 cup blueberries, i cup strawberries)

- small fuji apple

Dinner is going to be some watermelon that I just bought yesterday from a local farmer!

In the summer, every Saturday, I I feast on nothing but watermelon so that's what I'll be having tomorrow.

Peace out! :)

I ate and ate and ate yesterday. Can't keep track of it!

today:

2 cucumbers

2 pints grape tomatoes

5 mangoes

25 bananas

5 c. blueberries

3 c. strawberries

oops....here I go eating again. 15 c. spinach.

• joannabananajoannabanana Raw Newbie

ummm let's see here

breakfast - 1 cantaloupe blended with water

pre-bike ride meal - 3 of the longest bananas i've ever seen in my life

dinner- avocado roll on a salad

snack- 2 bananas, 1 container of raspberries, 1 cup of blueberries, and 1 cup of grapes

i usually have a snack later on at night and haven't decided what it's gonna be yet.

superfood2, i'm curious how you take in so much. i feel like i eat SOO much food and you're sitting here eating 25 bananas!!! do you work out all the time?

I exercise (walk, run, yoga, stairs, jumprope) between 1 hour 45 min. and 2 hours 30 min. per day.

I don't know, I feel I need all of this food or else I'll be too hungry!!! haha

Having a smaller stomach sure wouldn't hurt my budget.

Movement is good, yes!!! :)

16 bananas

2 c. strawberries

8 c. blueberries

5 c. cherries

4 c. cherry tomatoes

6 c. romaine

6 c. chard

• Today:

1 apple

2 bananas

bowl of chopped cucumber + tomato + red onion (like a little salsa/salad)

eventually I'm going to have some oatmeal (not raw)

and I did sneak some coffee w/ soy milk.

breakfast: smoothie of 1/2 cup tropical fruit, 3 bananas, 2 peaches, and 2 handfuls of spinach

lunch: salad of 1 huge-ass avocado, fresh romaine from the garden, spinach, broccoli, onions, strawberries, and lemon juice. this had to be the best salad i've ever had- hands up!

dinner- fruit in a bowl- 4 bananas, 2 cups grapes, 1 apple, 3 medjool dates, and a drizzle of pure maple syrup.

i'm totally pmsing today and have the worst headache. i never know how to soothe a headache though. gosh darnit.

lulushka, what is tamarind? btw, i found these baby plums at the farmers market. they have seeds in them, but are the sweetest fruit i've ever had. they taste like plums covered in caramel or something.

• pixxpixx Raw Master

neskalee~ I certainly hope you plan on eating a whole lot more than what you have listed...? Might I suggest http://www.Fitday.com (the free version will do fine) to see how your consumption adds up (seems to me, you don't even have a few hundred in calories, with what you have listed there). You can go to http://www.bmi-calculator.net/bmr-calculator/ to see the bare minimum of calories your body needs if you are in bed all day (of course, most of us are not in bed all day & will need more than that!)

Keep in mind that if your intake drops below roughly 1,000 calories a day, your body will go into starvation mode (it will think food is scarce) and will start storing up -- you will gain more on less food.

• a lot of the following:

cantaloupe

banana

blueberries

orange juice

blackberries

pineapple

strawberries

spinach

watermelon

bell pepper

tomatoes

carrots

raspberries

I'm eating at your place tomorrow, Babyraw. haha :)

• pixx: thanks for the links I definitely need to check into that.

I just wasn't hungry so it was hard to keep eating. I had a mushroom, tomato and spinach "sandwich" for dinner and some brown rice and another apple.

• Okay okay, so how's this for enough food: (seriously, I need feedback)

this is what I have planned for today:

coffee + soy milk

2 bananas, 1 tbsp organic peanut butter

oatmeal

1 apple

3 c chopped romaine lettuce with 1 avocado, juice of 1 lemon, tomato, red and white onion, cilantro

15 baby carrots

a bunch of asparagus spears, steamed brown rice, more of the same kind of salad from above depending on how much romaine I have at home

water water water

It's sounds like enough food! I think the quality of your food choices can be better. Are you transitioning or are you not hoping to be a high percent raw?

• superfood2: I'm transitioning. I just gave up meat and dairy 2 days ago!! Definitely new to raw too. Need to go shopping.

also:

pixx: I LOVE the fitday.com website. It is awesome!! Thank you so much what a great tip

Wow, good for you! That's a fast transition.

• Its kinda rough. Everyone I know is pretty much freaking out about it. And my stomach has been acting up.

You know when you eat fatty cheeseburgers and caramel lattes all day nobody says a word about your nutrients, but when you cut out meat and want to eat raw veggies/fruits everyone is suddenly a nutritionist and wants to make sure you're getting your protein, which of course you can't get without meat!!! (pffft)

the fitday.com website actually helped me stive off an ignorant friend who insisted I couldn't get the nutrients I needed from my new "radical" diet, I'm getting 200% of today's needs (minus vitamin d and calcium) and I'm not even eating that raw! I asked her to compare her diet and she's less than 10% on most. So there! (I know it's not a competition but these people's objections are getting a little bit ridiculous)

• 1 water bottle: apple cider vinagar, stevia, local bee pollen in it.

1 shot of E3Live

Bowl of raw soup: tomatoe, spinach, zuchinni, fresh basil, fresh oregono, ,garlic, sea salt, 3 soaked plums, 1 date

Juiced: parsley, carrot, beet, lemon, cucumber, apple

Pudding: Papaya, bannan, tahinni, maca, mesquite powder, manuka honey, poppy seeds, raw sesame seeds

2 more water bottles: Moringa, apple cider vinagar, peach stevia, local bee pollen

Havent had dinner yet, but going to have salad...:)

• pixxpixx Raw Master

You are most welcome, neskalee! :~)

• zinfandelzinfandel Raw Newbie

superfood2, you are my own personal role model. i just wanted you to know that. i am a very active girl and have been totally restricting my calories and then binging until i read your post. thanks for being such a rockin raw sistah!

Thank you! Yes, any time you feel hunger, have fruit available!! Fruit fruit fruit!!!!! :D It's breakfast, lunch, dinner, AND dessert. Get those vitamins and antioxidants in. :D

• Just curious, I would love to eat a lot of fruit like many of you are describing (your daily menus sound so delicious) but how do you suggest buying so much on a budget. Do you mainly buy organic or find deals somewhere or another? Many fruits that I would love to eat in bulk are so high on pesticide lists that I'd rather not indulge in them (i.e. strawberries, peaches, berries...) Would love to hear suggestions on how to eat so much lovely fruits.

Thanks guys.

I try to make sure I have the bananas; then I buy cases of mangoes for cheaper; and then I also get what's on sale at the store. Just depends. I'm getting organic produce shipped now, too!

satchy, i've been pretty broke ever since i've been eating more raw. most of my money goes to food because it goes so quickly. i eat a lot more now and more often so i'm food shopping 2 times a week. i always get bananas, spinach, and grapes. those are my main staples that i have to have.

approximately 16 bananas

one mango (waiting for 24 of them to ripen!!)

3 c. strawberries

3 c. blueberries

I have some fresh local yellow & red tomatoes, cucumber, cilantro, lime, and jalapenos, so I'm going for a gazpacho later!! Yum. With romaine and/or kale, too.

This was delicious! My boyfriend loved the gazpacho even though he doesn't like cucumbers and he's used to eating higher in fat items. I loved the local spinach I ate afterwards, too.

8 c. blueberries

5 c. strawberries

20 or so bananas

2 mangoes

• Smoothie with 3 cups strawberries + 2 bananas (didn't have anything green to add >.< )

1 chopped lrg cucumber + 2 diced tomatoes + 1 diced red onion + EVOO

10 organic baked tortilla chips

2 bananas

2 slices of whole grain wheat bread

a large bundle of asparagus

handful of cauliflower/broccoli

and a cupcake *wince*

I must do better tomorrow!