Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

What You Ate Today

Comments

• Ummmm a BIG salad consisting of:

spinach leaves, broccoli, carrot, red bell pepper, mushroom, garlic clove, green onion, lemon juice avocado, raw sun flower seeds, sun dried tomato, persian cucumbers, tomato, pepper, red onion, and to be honest, possibly more lol

Chai tea made with almond milk. 2 cups

and cucumber lemon sorbet ...which im eating right now. Num num num num num! :D

• Pixx.

you can juice the rinds of watermelon?

what nutrition does it have and how does it taste????

:]

• pixxpixx Raw Master

megan lyne~ From what I have read, there are way more nutrients in the rind of watermelon, than in the parts typically eaten. I think it tastes wonderful!! I like to think of it as natural "Gatoraid". Sometimes more sweet than others (and you can make it sweeter, by using a bit of the flesh part, too.) And, if kept a few days long in the fridge, it gets tingly! (fermented)

I love the stuff! Typically I'll have two or three shells in the fridge each week, and juice on the weekend. I'll have to admit, that I often buy watermelons, more for the rind juice, than the flesh. :">

:~)

Today:

~Cantaloupe and mixed sprouts smoothie

~Huge salad of mixed greens and herbs, ground Marcona almonds, raisins, and cranberries, with lemon juice (better with orange juice, though.)

~Smoothie of two oranges peeled and seeded, frozen pineapple chunks, lots of ice, and a touch of fermented watermelon rind juice. :~)

• sv3sv3 Raw Newbie

Tropical smoothie with pineapple, frozen banana and mango with a huge handful of spinach

Grapes

Salad of lettuce, tomato, cucumber, red/yellow peppers, black olives and mango juice dressing

for my afternoon snack I have a mediterranean bean pate I made (not raw) with cucumber slices...yum!

• superfood2superfood2 Raw Newbie

Yesterday I had about 26 bananas, 8 c. spinach, 1 lb. cherries, 40 oz. orange juice, 2 c. strawberries, and 2 c. peaches. I think that's all? Can't remember what else I had! haha Oh, yeah, 2 c. raspberries and 5 c. tomatoes (local, yay!!)

Today I had so far 30 bananas, 4 c. spinach, 7 c. kale (plus I juiced the stalks), 3 c. tomatoes (local). I will have something else later, not sure what.

• sv3sv3 Raw Newbie

Great day today!

Smoothie with pineapple, banana, mango & apple juice, loads of spinach

Salad of lettuce, tomato, sweetcorn, black olives, quinoa and mango & apple juice dressing

Pate with cucumber slices

Alfredo Zucchini with Peas & Peppers (off this site)

Think I'll whip up some raw ice cream later as it's been a week or so since my last fix!

• This is a great forum topic Sunrise..very helpful and supportive! I dropped down from (90% to 60-65% raw and dont feel as well. I'm making a new comittment beginning tommorow...I'll be back to tell ya what I've been eating. ;-)

• keewikeewi Raw Newbie

1- 5 l/b muskmelon

1- 11 l/b Watermelon

7- Valencia orange

about to top it all of with a salad of fresh cherokee purple hierloom tomatoes(i love these badboys), cilantro, 1 avocado, radish and the juice of half an orange :)

• swayzeswayze Raw Newbie

keewi, that salad sounds good! My mom loves radish and always has it in the house.

Swayze

• sv3sv3 Raw Newbie

Not done too well this weekend as went out to eat a couple of times.

Yesterday I had:

Melon smoothie

2 plums

salad of lettuce, cucumbers, toms, sweet corn and black olives

salt & vinegar rice cakes

banana ice cream

2 slices of buckwheat bread

handul of black olives

Vegetable Karahi & Roti

Couple of champagne cocktails

Today I had:

Green smoothie of banana, frozen berries and spinach

spicy bean burger and curly fries (Really wish I hadn't)

mixed olives

raw choc torte with raspberry sauce (so nice!)

onion and herb crackers

curried lentils on seeded pitta

Feeling over full after that burger and chips and wish I had made a better choice...aaargghhh! I always do this when I'm a bit hungover and craving stodge. When will I learn?!

• After a really rubbish weekend - I expected it though, I have renewed enthusiasm to have a really good week. So far today I've had:-

Banana, frozen berry, flax seed, ginger smoothie (my favouirte)

1 apple

Carrot, courgette and avocado salad with an asian dressing (think I had too much avocado as I'm still full

Tonight I have a green salad with a mustard dressing

• sv3sv3 Raw Newbie

Yesterday I had:

Melon smoothie

Carrot + hummus

Salad of lettuce, cucumber, toms, sweetcorn, carrot + broccoli slaw

2 apples

sweet potato and vegetable curry (not raw...my bf cooked this)

herb + onion crackers

small raw brownie

Feeling very weak and weary today...think I need to eat more calories.

• joannabananajoannabanana Raw Newbie

for breakfast, i'm enjoying a smoothie from swayze's blog. i waited a week for the farmers market just so i could get the blueberries!

smoothie- 3 bananas, 2 oranges, 1 cup of blueberries, and water.

don't know what is for lunch yet. it's only 9:15 and i don't get off work til 2 (no lunch break).

i'm just shocked it's been 3 weeks of full raw. i haven't succumbed to any cooked food at all. the best thing i've noticed is my belly!! it looks so much smaller and toned but i haven't lost any pounds.

• sv3sv3 Raw Newbie

Thats great Joannabanana! Congrats.

I could do with my belly going down a bit. I've currently got really bad stomach ache, I think from the broccoli slaw I've eaten over the past couple of days. Got a feeling I can't digest it very well. :-(

sv3, that's so funny you mentioned broccoli slaw! i basically lived off of broccoli salad last week and had the queeziest stomach ever. the salad was all raw, but i guess broccoli doesn't sit well in the tummy.

• Today I had lots of bananas and apples for breakfast and snacks

I finished off my raw spinach dip with celery this evening.

Since I'm working over-night tonight, I'm planning on having zucchini pasta with avacado as sauce, grape tomatoes, and fresh corn on the cob! Yummm!

Awesome job, joanna! :D

I sprained my ankle this past Tuesday so I've been trying to rest the past couple days. I've noticed that without exercise, I don't enjoy my fruit nearly as much. I actually was slighted tempted by the hot dogs and chili my mom was making!

Swayze

oh no, swayze! how did you sprain your ankle? it must be tough not exercising, but resting is the best thing to do right now. maybe you can try swimming? i've never sprained my ankle, but i break my toes A LOT and swimming doesn't seem to bother me.

my stepdad made chili last night, too!! just the smell of it when i walked in the house made me want some.

• sv3sv3 Raw Newbie

I'm still sufferring today from that broccoli slaw and I've vowed never to eat it again! I can't wait for it to totally leave my system as every time I eat, now my stomach starts to hurt again :-(

So far today I've had:

Melon smoothie

Apple

2 mini bananas

1 cup of blueberries

salad of lettuce, cucs, tom, sweetcorn and olives

carrot + hummus

• RawaholicRawaholic Raw Newbie

Hey Everybody! I've been in the UK for a little over the week for a summer study abroad at Oxford University and I love it here. There is a covered market that's about a 10 to 15 minute walk from the college that I am staying at and it has the most delicious and wide array of fruits!! SO far i've tried turkish and english cherries, english raspberries, spanish honeydew melon, flat peaches, spanish sweet plums, french sweet plums, , flat peaches, spanish nectarines and apricots, brazilian figs, granadilla, and pomegranate! :D The flavour of the fruit is PHENOMENOL (sp?)! I never want to go home. LOL! :D Tomorrow I think i'm going to try some red currants. How do you eat them though? ANybody know?

Also I am walking all the time here. About half my day is spent speed walking and stair climbing which has made my appetite skyrocket! I never knew my stomach could eat this much fruit without bulging. That's just so hard for me to believe. I am eating tons of fruit but my stomach is smaller than ever.

What I ate today:

Breakfast:

- Slice of spanish honeydew melon

- 3 cups strawberries

- 2 cups pineapple

- 2 tangerines

Snack:

- 2 big bananas

Lunch:

- 3 spanish plums

- 3 french plums

- 1/2 kg of turkish cherries

- 2 bananas

Snack: Smoothie made with my mini blender

- 2 banana

- 1 tbs. raw honey

- 1 tbs. raw cacao

- 1/2/ tbs. maca powder

Dinner:

- 1 cup sliced tomatoes

- 1 cups chopped cucumber

- 3 cups strawberries

- 3 plums

- 1 peach

I also have a couple of bananas incase I get a bit peckish later tonight while I'm studying. ;)

Later everybody!

http://iamrawaholic.blogspot.com/

• Hi Ya'll,

I've been transitioning to raw for the past three weeks and I'm grateful for a site that lets me know what others are eating.

Today's menu:

Breafast: fresh juice with carrot, beet, cucumber, celery, tomato, ginger, parsley, & mint

Lunch: zucchini noodles with fresh tomato "sauce" & pesto; kale with avocado, lemon and Braags

Snack: simple guacamole with red bell pepper and raw sunflower seed crackers

Dinner (planned): cabbage with olive oil and nutritional yeast

• sv3sv3 Raw Newbie

I went to stay with my folks at the weekend and I didn't fall off the bandwagon half as badly as I normally do. Was determined not to cave into all the chocolatey puddings/ice cream/etc.

A couple of things could have been better, but no where near as bad as it could have been.

On Saturday I had:

green smoothie of bananas, frozen berries and spinach

banana

salad + bean pate with olives

3 plums

couple of big handfuls of nuts (roasted and sugar coated I'm afraid)

fish stew, baby pots + veg

Yesterday I had:

Banana, handful of strawberries, raspberries + pineapple

carrot + hummus

nut cutlet + veg

cherry pie (very tiny piece)

apple

nut cutlet + veg (leftovers from lunch)

raisins

crackers

Probably way too much fat from all the nuts but I've still come a long way. :-)

joanna, thanks for the concern. I walked outside to get my weights and just kind of fell off the porch and onto my ankle. I'm alright now. Actually, I used to sprain my right ankle so often that it was permanently swollen for YEARS! I forgot how big and ugly it gets and how bad it hurts...

Swayze

• lots and lots of vegetable juice, some spicy nut /tomato/date bars I made in the dehydrator.... thassabout it.

I'm big on vegetable juices and smoothies these days. It's really all I feel like having.

• Mariposa, good for you! I haven't been juicing enough lately, but sometimes I have to leave it out to fit my budget.

Breakfast: 4 apples

Snack:2 bananas

Lunch: HUGE SALAD!!

Dinner: 4 bananas

OH, and I tried my very first cactus pear today! Boy is it seedy! Did I eat it wrong? I just sort of nibbled on it and spit out all the seeds. My husband liked the juice of it and recommended juicing them. What do you think?

• sv3sv3 Raw Newbie

melon smoothie

apple

handful of grapes

salad with bean pate

banana

2 plums

Going out for dinner tonight so will probably have a couple of side salad/mixed veg dishes. Determined not to get swayed by the bad stuff.

lately, i've been eating the same thing a lot. i am totally ADDICTED to grape-banana smoothies. i drink them for breakfast and lunch and have a spinach salad for dinner. i would probably just drink the smoothies all day but i know how important it is to eat your greens.

i'm actually sipping on my first cup of it right now. sooo heavenly :)

• i've eaten about half a pineapple so far. they're my favorite

• LaEnsaladaLaEnsalada Raw Newbie

Green Smoothie- kale-banana-coconut water

Strawberries rasberries and blueberries

coconut larabar

Chocolate smoothie- banana, almond butter, coconut water, raw cacao and agave

• ladydaventryladydaventry Raw Newbie

So far... 5 passionfruit with 2 bananas and 1/6 of a pineapple.

The past few days have been awful as I have a big (cooked) catering event on saturday so I have been having to cook and taste things.