Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

What You Ate Today

Comments

• AVLAVL Raw Newbie

joannabanana- I love putting carob powder on my banana as well. I thought I was weird for doing it, but I guess it's more normal than I thought! I also had the same zucchini dish as you tonight (minus the sundried tomato)...and obviously tons of melon today too!

• Breakfast- 1 liter green juice (celery/kale/apple/lemmon)

Throughout the day-

1 apple

1 pear

Banana soft-serve with cinnamon

Yummy :)

• RawaholicRawaholic Raw Newbie

3 cups chopped pineapple

2 kiwi

1 cup chopped papaya

salad: 2 c. romaine & butterhead lettuce, 1/4 c. alfalfa sprouts, red onion, 1 ugly tomato, 1/2 a cucumber. red bell pepper, 9 spears raw asparagus (so yummy!!), 7 green olives filled with raw garlic, lemon juice, real salt.

handful of grapes

smoothie: 4 small mangos, 3 bananas, 1 c. blueberries, 1/2 c. strawberries, maca, lucuma, and vanilla.

a LOT of water! :D

I'm finding I am doing really well on a high fruit and low fat raw plant based diet. The best i've ever felt!!

check out my blog!! :D

• luxdivonluxdivon Raw Newbie

i think this particular thread is addictive. i like want to come and write what i've eaten every day! ;P

1 apple

coffee w/ agave + cinnamon

The rest of my corn chips with Avocado, Pepper (one from my garden), and a bit of mango

some figs

double skinny cappucino (i know i know, it's my weak link right now) dammit i just still enjoy it too much, and they don't have hazelnut milk as an option! :(

1 pint blueberries

2 banana

Organic Moroccan Mint Tea

I might still eat an orange or something before the end of the night...

damn.. i'm starting to think i eat too much fruit! hehe

• joannabananajoannabanana Raw Newbie

*smoothie of mango, 2 bananas, 1/2 cup blackberries- amazing

*peanut butter cookie larabar

*2 ginger gold apples

*1 bag dried mangoes

*1 banana + tbsp carob powder

*1 cup grapes

*1 cantaloupe

*1 zucchini with some spinach, olives, sundried tomatoes, onions, and tomatoes

i feel like i could eat this exact same thing every day and i'd be happy forever haha

late night snack- ahhh ANOTHER zucchini with the same fixins. i'm addicted.

• superfood2superfood2 Raw Newbie

Lux, by my count, you don't eat ENOUGH fruit!!!

• sv3sv3 Raw Newbie

Just come back from a raw food & yoga retreat and had some amazing food! Totally inspired by the new dishes I tried.

Having said that, I am back to my usual style menu today as haven't had chance to go shopping yet and plan some new meals.

BF: Melon smoothie

AM snack: Other half of the melon chopped

Lunch: Salad of lettuce, cucumber, tom, sweetcorn, black olives

PM snack: Banana + raisins

For dinner I'm having carrot + hummus with Russel James' wheat bread - YUM!

• swayzeswayze Raw Newbie

I had a banana melon for the first time recently. It's very similar to musk melon, but slightly muskier. I still prefer musk melon as my favorite melon. :)

I also tried a yellow watermelon from my farmer's market. Very sweet! I've had two so far and both have turned out great, which is awesome because usually my turn out is about 50/50 for watermelon. I just can't seem to figure out the secret for picking out a good one. Maybe next summer...

Other than that, it's been peaches, peaches, and more peaches before the season runs out in a couple of weeks. :)

Swayze

• miranimalmiranimal Raw Newbie

swayze- find the one with the largest yellowish spot. Ideally, that means it sat longer on the vine and should be more ripe!

• RawaholicRawaholic Raw Newbie

swayze- miranimal is right about the yellow spot. The bigger it is the more ripe it will most likely be. Also, put your ear to the watermelon and rap on it. The more hollow it sounds, the riper it is.

4 cups chopped pineapple

3 cups green juice (kale/celery/apple/lemon/ginger)

14 fresh deglet noor dates

1 plum

1 quart of smoothie (5 small mangos, 4 bananas, 1 c. blueberries, 1/2 c. strawberries, maca, lucuma, cinnamon, vanilla extract)

Today

like 5 oranges

at least 6 bananas

a cup of cashews

Chocolate Almond Milk (store bought)

coffee w/ agave and cinnamon.

mango, avocado, pepper, tomato, onion

• RawEverythingRawEverything Raw Newbie

Yesterday:

breakfast:

green smoothy:1 apple,1banana, 1 orange, piece of broccoli, 150 grams of spinach, 150 grams of ?endive?.

during the day 2 apples, 2 bananas

evening:

large salade:150 grams of spinach, 150gr various greens, 1 tomato, 30 grams of tuna, some sunflower seeds.

side dish:200 gram raw beef, marinated in lemon and a few cloves of garlic.

Today no beef, but a green smoothy instead.

• Breakfast: Smoothie with 2 bananas and 1/2 cup blueberries

Lunch: Tomatoe salad, a smoothie with 1 banana and 1 peach & a glass of carrot juice

Snack: 1 dried fruit bar

Dinner: I went to a restaurant with my brothers and had a baked potatoe with salad.

And lots and lots of tea throughout the day

• LaEnsaladaLaEnsalada Raw Newbie

lots of dates

young coconut shake: coconut meat, coconut water and vanilla

black coffee :(

i'll probably have a green smoothie for dinner

• swayzeswayze Raw Newbie

Thanks guys. I've tried pretty much every method known to man, but to no avail.

Luckily, there is an excellent vendor at one of my farmer's markets that chooses for me. I just finished some of a giant watermelon he picked for me yesterday.

Delicious. :)

Swayze

• Today (so far)

Breakfast: smoothie-organic banana, a handful of fancy raw mixed nuts (brazi nuts, filberts, almonds, pecans, cashews), organic baby spinach, ice, water, a little bit of honey

Lunch: half of a honeydew melon

Yesterday:

Breakfast: smoothie-organic banana, honey, cinnamon, water, ice, mixed nuts as above (I think drying up bananas and slicing them up would make a good addition to the smoothie for the top)

Throughout the day, I also had:

an entire cantaloupe :p

half of a honeydew

an avocado

a handful of cashews

a few sunflower seeds

I may or may not have had another smoothie. All these banana smoothies are a blur to me; I can't even remember how many I have on a given day :p They're so delicious!

breakfast- 1 cantaloupe

lunch- smoothie of 4 bananas and 1 1/2 cups grapes

i'm going to whole foods today with my friend and my big stuffed dog (his name is Landsy). hopefully i'll get some good finds.

• Very new to this!!!

I had a coffee with non-fat milk. Not raw but the one thing I'm not ready to give up just yet. I have cut out all my diet cokes, which is huge for me!!! I would drink 4-6, if not more, a day. So really my first step towards eating better was getting rid of all artificial sweetner products.

2 bananas with homemade almond butter

Green shake with romaine, spinach, lemon, apple, carrot and ginger.

I myself have a hard time with the creamer in the coffee too. I am 85% raw but still cave for nonfat cappucino's too often... One solution that is AS TASTY as nonfat milk. Hazelnut milk to the rescue! it tastes awesome in coffee.. If I have hazelnut milk, then I can go without the milk no problem. Just thought i'd share the tip.

• lots of filtered water

diced avocado and mango with fleur de sel and a little black pepper

cocoa, licorice and chicory tea

huge salad (rocket, alfalfa sprouts, red and yellow cherry tomatoes, sliced kalamata olives, lots of oregano and mint, avocado, lemon juice and olive oil)

2 small organic bananas

a few almonds, goji berries and cacao nibs

• I enjoy writing in this thread. :)

Thus far:

Breakfast: 1/4 of a watermelon, some cashews

Lunch (drinking right now): delicious smoothie of organic strawberries, organic baby spinach, honey, cashews, sunflower seeds, and ice/water while deciding consistency

Mmmm, so good

• sv3sv3 Raw Newbie

Smoothie of almond milk, frozen banana and blueberries

banana chips

fresh apple juice

couple handfuls of trail mix

apple and carrot juice with pinch of cinnamon

another handful of trail mix

few cups of peppermint tea

• I'm a newbie (three weeks into transition) and just discovering the wonderful world of green smoothies (they seem to keep my system in balance longer than fruit alone does). I would like to make an easy & doable routine with my raw food--1-2 green smoothies a day, some fruit, some nuts--not sure what else to include. I know salads are good.

I am currently eating about 80% raw (occasional seafood but no other animal flesh). It would be so helpful to hear what others are eating as a routine. I would like to have 10-15 regular easy meal ideas that I can rotate.

Tx!

I'm in a nutrition class right now in college and I've had to keep a food diary for the past week. It's so cool to see what I eat!! My calories range from 2000-2400 a day so I'm pretty pleased with that. I thought I was eating more haha : /

The sucky part of this is that we have to put our diets into the lovely "my pyramid" website so they can tell us how bad we are eating. I'm gonna get an "F" on that site, but I'd rather get an "F" than an "A"

• amberablueamberablue Raw Newbie

breakfast: banana smoothie with chia seeds

lunch: always a salad with 1 serving of nuts/seeds: today was green leaf lettuce and shredded zucchini salad with pesto sauce.

since summer's been so busy, i've been making really chunky or filling dressings like pesto, salsas, etc, and just adding that to the greens, with minimal toppings. i've been digging it!

snacks: plums, nectarine, apple

dinner: greens with cilantro-mint chutney

dessert: 'chocolate mousse' buckwheat, coconut oil, cocoa, salt, honey, blended...

• sv3sv3 Raw Newbie

So far today I've had:

Breakfast Juice - apple, celery, cucumber, lemon, ginger + ice (Very refreshing)

Snack - carrot + hummus

Lunch - simple salad of cucumber, cherry toms, sweetcorn, black olives and fresh orange juice dressing

I have another juice for this afternoon (same as BF) then dinner will be salad with baked sweet potato.

• sv3sv3 Raw Newbie

I've been trying a different juice everyday since getting my juicer. Not too keen on beet in my juice I have to say.

Today so far:

juice - apple, cucumber, carrot, celery, yellow pepper, beetroot, brocolli + lemon

carrot + hummus

salad - lettuce, cucumber, cherry toms, sweetcorn, black olives and orange juice dressing

later I'll have....

juice (same as earlier)

baked squash with tomato + chickpea sauce, brocolli + spinach

• joannabanana - just tell them you're making up for all the fruit your classmates aren't eating :D

sv3 - beet juice likes to be mixed w/ other things and ginger juice. like carrot/apple/beet/ginger. :)

• sv3sv3 Raw Newbie

Thanks for the tip appifanie, I'm still experimenting and trying to find out what combinations I do and don't like. Never been a fan of beets though, so will probably just add a little bit until my taste buds get used to it.

• teacupteacup Raw Newbie

beet is really good juiced with pineapple!