Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

What You Ate Today

Comments

• sv3sv3 Raw Newbie

Today so far:

Green juice of apples, celery, cucumber, lemon and ginger

Large handful of baby carrots and hummus

Zucchini pasta with a creamy garlic and basil dressing with a large side salad

My pre-gym snack later is a banana and cinnamon mylkshake and a couple of dates

Dinner will be 12 veg soup (not raw)

Dessert will probably be one of the pumpkin & cranberry teacakes I made over the weekend - yum!

• sv3sv3 Raw Newbie

Haha! That's so funny, I honestly didn't realise it was such a British thing!

I was never that fussed about dessert but since going raw and discovering all kinds of wonderful recipies, I do tend to whip up a 'little something' after my evening meal. I also used to prefer savory over sweet and be addicted to crisps but now a handful of raisins really hits the spot! So funny how your tastes change.

• KittyKitty Raw Newbie

hello!

today I have had a little over 32 ounces of green smoothie..orange, apple, and spinach - was not my favorite mixture. lunch was 2 bananas, a peach, big bowl of red grapes, a blood orange - my first time trying one - wow so delicious!

tonight for dinner i am going to make the cheese dip w/ spring onions by Zoe w/ chopped veggies, hopefully it turns out!

I can totally relate to what you say about chocolate not having the same appeal, its amazing. I used to live on milk chocolate, it was my drug! Now if i want a piece of chocolate it has to be very dark, the milk stuff just has no flavor anymore to me.

• It's just my third day of raw...

Breakfast:

2 cups crenshaw melon (I scored the juiciest melon at the farmers' market on Sunday, yay!)

Late lunch: (didn't get hungry for six hours, kind of surprising)

2 asian pears (same price as apples at the farmer's market, might as well get asian pears, crisp and delicious)

Dinner: (will be)

salad with arugula, basil, green onion and avocado with olive oil and balsamic (I know... not raw. That's okay.)

Dessert: (will be, later...)

frozen mini banana.

• sv3sv3 Raw Newbie

Honeydew melons are back on sale! Horray!

Breakfast - HUGE melon smoothie (Drank half at home and the other half at work)

Snack - Apple

Lunch - Lettuce, cucumbers & tomato, topped with curried carrot salad mix

Snack - Two very thin slices of my lovely sweet pumpkin bread

Dinner will be curried green lentils on mixed leaves

Dessert may be a banana whip concoction - havent used my cacao nibs in a while so may dig them out. I'm thinking maybe mint choc chip.....Mmmm!

God - I love the food I eat!

• Breakfast:

Chias with Chayote, Apples, Apricots and Pear.

Nut Mylk: Coconut water, coconut pulp, Brazil Nuts

Munch: spirulina cup cakes: spirulina, irish moss, water, agave syrup, carob powder, and goji berries.

Lunch:

Raw pizza crust: Wheat berries, sun dried tomatoes, flax seeds. Just like that hmm

Dinner:

Nut pate with sprouted spelt and wheat crakers.

I did hand some cooked buckwheat noodles whit raw white button mushrooms and coconut pulp noodles, on a dark miso soup with cayenne pepper, and lemon grass! :)

I taught 2 ashtanga vinyasa classes 1.5 hours each and a Flow for 1 hour! An did my own practice too!

Nice to share with you all!!

Hugs

• *lots and lots of water

*pear

*peppermint tea

*salad: rocket, grated carrot, grated courgette, fresh mint leaves, a couple of raw olives, lime juice, olive oil

*banana

*pear

*mashed banana and raspberries with tahini, agave nectar and cacao nibs

(lulushka: I'm British too and always must end the day with a dessert)

• Dancin DurianDancin Durian Raw Newbie

Hey Lulushka! I am not english, but I want to go to Twickenham for ballet school. Anywho, I was just going to say that you don't need to be english to want dessie! I make at least two a week, and my sister sucks them back like a vaccum! I tell you, it is universal!

• superfood2superfood2 Raw Newbie

It's good to see some people eating a fresh raw diet!!! Really.

This is the first time have posted here...here goes!

*Shake- 30 g raw protien powder

2 cups spinach

1/2 lemon

1 tbsp ground flax

1 tsp flax oil

1 tomato

1/2 cup cucumber

2 tbsp alfafa sprouts

moustard with dill, acv and stevia.

*2 cups peas

2 cups cauliflower

moustartd, dill, acv and stevia

*shake-60 grams prot powder

4 cups spinach

2 tbsp ground flax

2 tsp flax oil

1 lemon

I made all my smoothies with a tea base. I am a dancer so I have to keep my protien up, also I am on a recovery program from anorexia. Lots to fix!

• Tacos! SUPER YUMMY! or Rawcos lol

Tomato and corn salsa

1 cob corn cut off the cob

1 tomato

1 bunch cilantro

juice of one lime

1 scallion

1 jalapeno

pinch of sea salt to taste

Homemade guacamole

1 avacado

seasalt pinch

juice of 1 lime

1 bunch of cilantro chopped

1 red pepper

processed in food processor

Taco nut meat

1 cup almonds

1 cup sunflower seeds

tablespoon coriander seeds

tablespoon of cumin

1 clove garlic

1tablespoon nama shoyu

processed in food processor

Corn tortillas

4 cups of corn

1 leak oops leek

2 tablespoons flax meal

Processed and put into dehydrator

Alot of work but they tasted like the real think darn tootin!

And I also had a chakra salad with purple kale, beets, purple carrots, in a mustard lime dressing....yummy.

I have gotten really good at cooking. I am amazing myself with some of the creations that I am making. The colors are so vibrant in my food!

And well, lets just say its color for both ends now huh?

• ^That should be I have gotten really good at NOT cooking....

• GlitterGirlGlitterGirl Raw Newbie

Green juice, two salads with mixed greens, mixed veggies, flax crackers with avocado, sprouts, lime juice, flax oil, sea salt, and a raw 14 grain cookie! Not as one meal but throughout the day : )

• luxdivonluxdivon Raw Newbie

today..

not as raw as it could have been : /

banana

sunflower seeds

almond milk - 2 large glasses (not raw)

coffee w/ agave n

Lunch time I caved.

It was a red bell pepper hummus sandwich, with french style white bread, and a side of mashed potatoes. Vegetarian. I really didn't feel like salad, a smoothie, or bar. It was good, but not as good as before. That, and i definitely felt sleepy at work this afternoon - from the bread most likely. I also got a chai, but then later i dumped half of it out because i didn't want more stuff for my body to have to get rid of. ack! sometimes it's frustrating, not having any go out to eat options anywhere. My boss has the swine flu (got it from his 1 yr old baby) and so I need to make sure i don't get sick. I asked the universe for a shield against the flu & sickness, I felt better after that, and also tonight ate good.

Ate 2 lara bars between lunch & dinner.

Dinner was Greens with sundried tomatoes, onions, cherry tomatoes, carrots, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, sweet pototatoes, cucumbers, yellow squash, parsley, acv, sunflower oil, lemon & lime juice, soy sauce, basil, avocados.

now of course I feel great having ate that wonderful salad. :)

go raw.

gonna have some superantioxidant green tea, and try to convince myself to drink a bunch of water..

p.s. here's a great raw challenge - -go to a forum with people suffering from dis-ease, looking for help, and post a post about raw food to counter traditional medicine & try to enlighten the world. I have posted a few times on a cancer forum -- people all using chemo. it's scary. lots of love. peace.

• superfood2superfood2 Raw Newbie

Dancing Durian, I hope you have a happy and healthy recovery.

Hey superfood2! Thank you so much! It is really goin gwell finally! I stumbled around in the dark for about a year, but things are leveling out now! I just want to be able to be a support for others who ahve the same struggle. It is hard to get over it, its quite confusing trying to figure out when and what to eat.

• luxdivonluxdivon Raw Newbie

Today was a late start food wise. we were real low on food so i mostly ate sunflower seeds this morning. probably like 2 cups or something. Coffee w/ agave and cream (bad bad, it's my weakness) and two cups of green tea. I also had 3-4 champagne sweet cherry tomatoes. I didn't wake up until 1 pm, so that pretty much held me till i made dinner with greens, onions, tomatoes, sundried tomatoes, avocado, zucchini. With it i had a delicious vanilla porter (beer) and a chocolate hazelnut lara bar. Tonight i've had a snack of about 7 figs, a cup of pistachios, 1 banana, & another beer. We got groceries tonight thou, so the fridge is stocked! that always gets me excited.

• sv3sv3 Raw Newbie

Today so far:

Melon smoothie

apple

For lunch I have a salad of greens, cucumber, tomato and corn topped with a creamy basil and dill dressing

Then I've got a couple of slices of pumpkin bread for my pm snack

I have a friend over for dinner tonight so I'm making a (non raw) vegtable thai green curry with wild rice. Yum!

Will probably also have a scoop or two of sorbet for dessert.

• Yesterday I had:

A banana, Kombucha, spinach, broccoli, lettuce, homegrown carrots, purple "graffiti" cauliflower with a homemade dressing (some olive oil, red wine vinaigrette, various spices), some "raw red pepper cashew spread" that I got from the local foods store (SO GOOD!), Go Raw brand's Spicy Flax Snax, a Pure choco-chip trailmix raw bar, and a bit o' almond milk :)

• KittyKitty Raw Newbie

Yum everyone is making me hungry!

last night we went to a friends and they had made shrimp alfredo, i had a small scoop of that and a huge salad. SO, back on track today!

green smoothie this morning - my favorite combination YET...pineapple, orange, banana, spinach

small piece of plain manna bread

for lunch i have sliced english cucumbers and heirloom tomatoes with my sunflower seed cheese dip i made last night...still not sure if i like it, it will take getting used to.

for snacks i brought grapes, a grapefruit and an apple

for dinner i might just have veggies on a salad or make eggplant pizzas

i am going to make a raw taco meat recipe soon, and am also in the process of making raw granola..soaking and dehydrating..check out the recipe..i will let you know how it turns out!

http://www.elanaspantry.com/gluten-free-granola/

hey lulushka! Thank you so mcuh! Hey, if I get into the school, maybe we will meet some day! I do think that it is important to have some fats and some greens in the diet. Your body still needs a balance, just figuring out what the balance looks like in your body is the thing to do! Thank you again, your support means alot to me!

• sv3sv3 Raw Newbie

Loving my fruit at the moment and feeling full of energy!

Big melon smoothie

Big banana

3 chopped apples, pecans, raisins, soya yogart & cinnamon

2 small bananas

3 dates

I've got a 2 hour gym & circuits session later which I'm looking forward to.

Dinner will be vegan bangers & sweet potato mash with, peas and red onions.

Going to Alton Towers tomorrow (Woo Hoo!) - and planning on taking a bag of fruit/nuts so I don't eat too much rubbish!

• GOod morning!

Yesterday was a strange day, my 1st day non-100%raw, cuz it was my B-day and I ate a part of cake and went to eat at the restaurant... so

Bkfast: 3 bananas, 1 zapote, 1 glass of water with apple vinegar, 1 coffee

snack: 8 bananas with cinammon

Lunch: 4 bananas, 1 coffeee (I was over with the coffee yesterday)

PM: I part of lemon pie. Ok seriously this was not raw. I would have wish to have one raw, and it was not as good as i remembered. Note to myself: next bday, do a raw cake.

Lunch: 1 diet pepsi (ok ok), 1 big plate of vapor cooked veggies with chinese sauce (it is the clossest raw and vegan thing I can find in a restaurant, north nicaragua, i SWEAR, if not, it's a salad, and i dont like them)

That's about it.

Yesterday, I made a list of the fruits and veggies I have disponible here. and I know now why it's such a hard time for me to be 100% raw, cuz I have NO DIVERSITY!!!!!!! Man, I can't keep up one mor year only eating bananas, papayas and peanuts... I'm reconsidering to come back 70%raw after my personal 90 days challenge...

Oh! and I'm looking to go to china in december. Anyone ever been there?

Good day to all of you!

Karine xx

• sv3sv3 Raw Newbie

Hey Fonky, Happy (belated) Birthday!

I know what you mean about diversity, I have to work at making sure I roatate what I eat.

You could really do with getting more greens into your diet. If you're not keen on eating salads, try making green smoothies.

• Hi sv3!

THank you! :)

The thing is that the only "greens" i can find here is lettuce (romaine and iceberg), parsley, cilantro, mint, spinach and ONCE (in 2 years) i had kale. So that's fine to do smoothies (ex: banana, papaya and spinach) but to eat salads... I pretty have, to put in my salad: tomatoes, onions, cucumber, olives, avocado, carrots, beets... that's what I can have here..

And for my smoothies, I only have: pinapple, papaya, bananas, apples (imported, 1$US each!! too expensive to eat more than one a week!!), zapote, watermelon, and hum that's about it.

So if you take a quick look at it you would be like: yeah man you have a lot to eat!!! But the truth is that NO!! Thinking that I'm eating about 5 times a day, it's almost the same thing since a looonnnngg time (I was vegan before raw, but the diversity isnt that different).

Far from me apricots, apples, dates, figs, plums, grapes, strawberries, germ bread, sprouted grains, honeydew, raspberrys, bluberries, blackberries, cherries, lemons, artichokes, bragg sauce, raw restaurants, raw nuts, etc etc etc.

I was first (when coming raw) eating a LOT of soaked oatmeal, bananas, cacao powder (not sure if raw, but using it to chang from cinammon that im using too much), and papaya. I'm not having a job in central am, I have money but not that much, and kinda paying for hubby too, so I can't have 5 apples a day and 1 papaya and everything i would like because I would be out of money after a week and a half (have money each month). So I'm like: what can I do????? I'm gaining weight right now for eating too much bananas. Not that I'm getting "fat", but my pants are getting tight even if I'm on a raw diet. There's a difference between eating 10 apples and 10 bananas!!!

Anyway, I'm kind of depressed about that, I dont know what I'll do....

I'll try to check that out and find a solution ;)

Bye!!

• troublesjustabubbletroublesjustabubble Raw Newbie

you guys are all so interesting.....all I've had to today is one banana. hahaha

• swayzeswayze Raw Newbie

troubles~ I just ate 12 bananas so TAKE THAT! ;)

Swayze

www.fitonraw.com

• joannabananajoannabanana Raw Newbie

it's been a good day of food and exercise!!

breakfast- smoothie of 1 lb grapes, 1 mango, and a ton of spinach

exercise- 30 mins abs and 1 hr 20 min cycling class

lunch- zucchini pasta of 2 spiralized zucchini, 1/4 cup olives, and 2 1/2 cups marinara sauce (ani pyho's obviously haha)

dinner- applesauce of 6 small apples and 6 pitted dates

going swing dancing for the night with some friends. i've never gone but i'm totally pumped.

• zinfandelzinfandel Raw Newbie

kind of ODd on bananas today. need to go grocery shopping

10:30: 1 apple

12:00: 1 lb grapes 6 bananas

3:00: 1 lb grapes 4 bananas

5:30: 8 bananas

ate celery in my banana smoothies

@lulushka- isn't the point of fermenting to have it go moldy? fermenting is allowing bacteria to grow on your food and then eating it... uhhh. how does that make it appealing i would like to know.

@joanna- have fun dancing!!

@fonky- i find if i try to eat close to between 12pm-5pm i stay a good weight. don't be too strict though.

• LaEnsaladaLaEnsalada Raw Newbie

- pineapple, lime, avocado and spinach smoothie

-cashews and dates

- some baked sweet potato and onions. not raw :(