Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

What You Ate Today

Comments

• - 2 pieces of nori roll with sundried tomato and almond pate, avocado and carrot that I made yesterday

- carrot, spinach, orange, blackberry and banana smoothie

- a couple of frozen grapes

- lots more nori rolls

- more frozen grapes

• superfood2superfood2 Raw Newbie

Ah, the green juices are helping with the skin dryness and itchiness I had with the change of seasons! I feel (and look) so much better and more hydrated now. :)

• sv3sv3 Raw Newbie

JB, I know what you mean - I love hummus and have to watch I don't scoff the whole pack! (I'm actually just eating some now!!) I tend to eat a small tub over a few days so guess it would be about 50-100g per serving. I sometimes make my own so it's raw but I don't beat myself up for buying it non raw.

So far today:

Smoothie - Banana, mixed berries, spirulina, date syrup (First time I've had spirulina and I'm really not keen on the taste!)

Carrot & hummus

Lunch will be my usual concoction of chopped apple, mixed seeds, buckwheaties, raisins & soya yoghurt

Pre-Zamba snack will be a banana & a couple of dates

Dinner will be sweet potato & veggies

• swayzeswayze Raw Newbie

That's funny, hummus was one of my staples before going raw. I only liked the boxed, powdered kind that you add oil and water too. Some days I would eat an entire package with wheat crackers and celery sticks!

Swayze

I'm having 10-20 oz. green juice every hour or so but I ran out and had about 7 bananas or so just now. Continuing with green juice for the rest of the day . Probably will do more bananas but still high green juice tomorrow. The bananas help since I don't stop my exercise for anything, even on juice feasts. :)

• today.... just persimmons! I reckon I'll have about 15 by the time I go to bed, but I'm trying to have just three meals of them. So far, I had five for lunch. (Was not hungry until 1p.m.)

• sv3sv3 Raw Newbie

Wow - I'd love to just eat persimmons all day...I havent had one in sooooo long and wish they weren't so expensive at the moment.

• sv3sv3 Raw Newbie

Yesterday I had:

Buckwheat porridge with chopped apple and blueberries topped with extra cinnamon

Onion and herb crackers

Chopped apples, mixed seeds/nuts, raisins & soya yoghurt

Handful of grapes

Salad of lettuce, cherry toms, cucumber, corn, olives and pepper

Handful of raisins

Banana whip with carob, maca, dates and buckwheaties....lovely!

Today:

Carrot & apple juice

Buckwheat porridge

Apples, mixed seeds/nuts, raisins & soya yoghurt

My aim for next week is to up my intake of greens and try to break the buckwheat porridge addiction!

• sv3sv3 Raw Newbie

Yay - glad you liked the porridge lulushka8!

Today so far:

Carrot & apple juice

Banana & raisins

Salad of lettuce, cherry toms, cucumber, corn, olives and pepper

I've got apples and a carob pod for a snack later and for dinner - probably a sweet potato with veggies covered in pesto.

• RawaholicRawaholic Raw Newbie

Today was grocery day. All that was left around the house to eat this morning was a couple of apples, a pear, and some oranges. So I got to go to Whole Foods today and I found some Ataulflo mangos and passion fruit there! I know what I'm having for breakfast tomorrow, yum yum!!! :D Also found a small jar of raw yacon syrup, which I have never tried. Any ideas what I could use it for?

- 1.5 C. orange juice (from my last 3 oranges) and my last arkansas apple.

- 16 oz. pomegranate/cranberry/strawberry/blackberry/pineapple/ginger juice (Whole Foods)

- salad (cucumber, bell pepper, red onion, shredded cabbage, romaine, raw kalmata olives)

- raw soft serve ice cream (4 small frozen bananas, 2 tbs. raw honey, couple heaping tbs. raw cacao powder, vanilla)

- 2 medjool dates

lulushka8, I so envy you! I've had dried mulberries before (as has my mom). We are always fighting over who gets to eat the last of it when we get to the bottom of the bag. LOL. I wish I could try some fresh mulberries. They probably taste 100 times better then the dried variety.

• do you guys and girls mind one more poster? i'm not really new to raw foodism- i've followed it in the past for over a year with amazing results- it's just my first time attempting it since moving back to the east coast and having to deal with winter again! i've been back at it for a couple days and already it feels right :)

-in the morning- green juice with kale, cucumber, an apple and 2 clementines, plus another apple and 2 clementines eaten whole later on

-lunch was tons of cauliflower and some carrots with non-raw hummus (haha, i am a hummus addict too! i made raw sprouted chickpea hummus but it was terrible so i resorted to my leftover conventional hummus til i can go get zucchinis to make the raw zucchini hummus i like)

-snack was 2 bananas with a little raw cacao powder

-dinner was a large salad with baby greens & romaine, a tomato, half a cucumber, half a red pepper and a tiny bit of cold pressed EVOO and balsamic vinegar, and a Lara Bar for "dessert"

-bedtime snack was an apple

how do you deal with always being cold? i never got used to that aspect of the raw diet even while living in los angeles. i was the girl wearing sweaters in august, lol.

As long as I eat enough fruit and greens, I stay warm enough. Regular exercise helps!

• sv3sv3 Raw Newbie

I battle with coldness elle212 . I wear tons of layers, constantly drink warm herbal teas and take a hot water bottle to bed!

Today so far:

Green juice (Kale, cucumber, apple, celery, carrot, ginger, lemon & MSM powder)

Banana with handful of pumpkin & sunflower seeds and goji berries

Curried kale salad (Kale, red/yellow pepper, spring onion, raisins, sunflower seeds, curried dressing), topped with sesame seeds.

Got a banana and apple for my pre-gym snack, then dinner will be roasted butternut squash with a chickpea/spinach sauce.

I'll no doubt munch on a few carob pods for dessert.

• sv3sv3 Raw Newbie

Yeah, that salad is great. I made a big batch which should last a few more days. The original recipe includes pinenuts and avocado, but i'm trying to watch my my fat intake. The curried dressing works so well and is nice this time of year.

I am very jealous of you - eating that porridge with sharons...sounds like heaven! I need to eat sharons soon or I might just burst.

• Thanks for the tips on staying warm! It's not even that cold here yet, but I find myself getting pretty scared for winter!

Food-

Late AM- juice of cucumber, kale, apple & clementines

another apple, and 2 bananas with some raw cacao powder

Afternoon- about 1/3 of a huge head of cauliflower and some carrots with the last of my non-raw hummus

PM- 2 clementines

green smoothie w/ a banana, kale, mango & strawberries

cashew cookie Lara Bar

Exercise- just walking my dog today, it was a very low energy day for me and I slept for 10 hours last night- my body really wants rest!

I might have something else later (a salad or maybe cucumbers/tomatoes if anything). I haven't been all that hungry lately though!

• joannabananajoannabanana Raw Newbie

breakfast- smoothie of 2 cups pineapple, 2 oranges, and 2 bananas

lunch- salad of 1l2 head of iceberg, 6 cups spinach, half of a small spaghetti squash, 2 tomatoes, some onion, sesame oil, and sea salt.

dinner- smoothie of 3 bananas, 2 cups grapes, and the last of my crappy pitted dates (maybe 12 of them).

exercise- 1 hr elliptical and 30 hour of random ab/back exercises.

i've been sick for the past few days but i still have an appetite. i figured sweating a lot at the gym would help my fever and so far i feel ok. i went in the steam room for a while which was nice. it's mostly my nose and throat. i've had a few cups of hot water with ginger, lemon juice, and cayenne pepper. i absolutely love this combo.

• Sending a hello from Sweden! Love the Raw food!

• sv3sv3 Raw Newbie

lulushka8, what's in your yum-muffins?

Today I had the same green juice, fruit and curried salad as yesterday. Had a couple of carrot crackers this afternoon. (I totally stunk the house out making them...the strong smell of garlic made my BF gag! Opps - Haha!)

Dinner will be zuchinni noodles with pesto and veggies.

• :( I want more mulberries.. I used to get them from the Fresh Network but they seem to have been out of stock for a while.

I had a really unhealthy weekend and this is my first day of getting back to normal...

- apple

- satsuma

- avocado

- white tea with vanilla

- small bunch of grapes

- small pot of goats yoghurt

- sharon fruit

- almost a whole bag of cashew nuts (I really don't like cashew nuts, I think they taste gluey and plain, but there wasn't much choice at the time)

- salad: kale, avocado, blackberries, almonds, carrot, red onion, hijiki, lime juice.

- dessert: blackberries, mashed banana, raw honey, cacao powder.

• joannabananajoannabanana Raw Newbie

random food day.

breakfast- an apple

lunch- salad of 1/2 head iceberg, 4 cups spinach, 1/2 a cooked spaghetti squash, some sundried tomatoes, 2 tomatoes, onion, sesame oil, and sea salt

dinner- smoothie of 3 bananas, about 10 crappy pitted dates, ground cinnamon, and water.

i'm going to make my raw pumpkin pie tonight. i'm nervous because the grocery store had NO pumpkins (excellent, right?) so i got butternut squash and sweet potatoes to sub. it better turn out decent ahhhhhh

• I almost don't want to post this b/c it is really a bad example of what someone trying to succeed on a low fat rv diet should eat... my excuse is that I was helping my little sis get to JFK Airport all day, we got lost and took super long to get there, she missed her flight so I helped her get another flight and get settled, then I had to wait a long time to get a train back to Manhattan. I didn't get back til 8 PM and was about to eat my own arm (hey it's raw right?) but thankfully got some healthy food in me!

-4 clementines & a banana in AM- no time to juice

*60 mins. hot power vinyasa yoga*

-3 bananas from a street fruit vendor

*near death starvation experience*

-tons of baby carrots while making my pets' dinners

-salad w/ mixed baby greens & romaine, carrots, yellow pepper, cucumber, vinegar & 1/2 T EVOO; steamed sweet potato w/ organic ketchup from Trader Joe's

-probably a piece of fruit later since I'll be up late (mango or apple)

Not enough food, and I also failed at life when I stopped to get some fruits/veggies and forgot to buy bananas for green smoothies!!! So I resorted to a sweet potato which I was saving for "Thanksgiving dinner" but it's all good. Better planning tomorrow! I'm proud that I didn't just go buy a bagel as soon as I got off at my subway stop. It was VERY tempting!

• lulushka, i apologize if my bad day yesterday made you feel like you eat too much! like i said, it was an anomoly for me and it was NOT fun to be starving half the day! i did eat an apple & a mango later on and also got up at 2 am to eat more apples b/c i was so hungry! i'm also trying to work myself up to eating more since i know even my normal days are a bit light. it's tough b/c i'm never hungry for enough food when eating raw (especially when i'm limiting fat). i used to average 1200 calories a day when i was 100% raw for 10 months...perhaps that's why i didn't have success with it lol.

today i finally had a normal amount of energy and my body was dying for some exercise! yay!

-apple...out of food, eek!

-lara bar + 2 bananas w/ raw cacao powder after getting groceries

-24 oz green smoothie (bananas, kale, mango, strawberries + water)

-3 carrots, yum

-dinner will be soon- huge salad w/ mixed baby greens, romaine, yellow & red peppers, carrots, cucumber & balsamic vinegar. yeah it's not raw, i'm trying to make myself like raw apple cider vinegar but so far i'm not a fan. also having 2 small steamed sweet potatoes! i'm on my own for thanksgiving but that's ok b/c, as a vegan and a half native american, i'm not a huge fan of the holiday anyway lol.

-edited to add: had only one steamed sweet potato, but added 3 bananas w/ raw cacao powder. i think i have to stop buying the cacao though, i'm not feeling so great now!

exercise = 5.6 mile run which felt amazing, i was running at my tempo pace but breathing and feeling like it was an easy pace! also walked 1.5 hours pretty leisurely w/ the pup.

trying to be good about proper food combining, please let me know if i'm messing up somewhere! thanks and happy thanksgiving!

• sv3sv3 Raw Newbie

Thanks lulushka, I might try and make my own version of yum-muffins. I've never had lucuma and mesquite before so might have to give them a try. I only bought maca for the first time last week so I'm still new to many of these products.

Yesterday I had my usual green juice, carrots & zuchinni humous, curried kale salad, apple & raisins, carrot crackers, curried lentils on pitta (not raw) and banana whip.

Today so far I've just had a green juice but I've got a couple of carrots in my bag, an apple and some banana chips.

Not sure what I'm having after that, I'm heading into town this afternoon so may treat myself at my favorite vegan cafe.

• lulushka i'm so glad, i thought i really offended you!

here's my day:

-green smoothie w/ 2 bananas, kale, mango, 2 clementines, water

*60 min. hot power vinyasa yoga, lots of walking*

-2 bananas, half a mango

-lettuce-less salad w/ a cucumber, a tomato and a carrot

-huuuge real salad w/ baby mixed greens, romaine, carrot, half a cucumber, red & yellow peppers, a tomato and about 1/2 T EVOO with a little vinegar; 3 bananas dipped in raw cacao powder

-1 wine glass full of home-made sangria (organic sulfite-free red wine mixed with pieces of mango, clementines & apples!!! I may add stevia or just allow my friends to add it to their glasses if they want it...it's already sweet enough for me)

*probably lots of dancing :-) *

-maybe/probably 2 apples when I get home around 3 AM- girls' night tonight!

I'm trying to stick to 811...wish me luck!

• sv3sv3 Raw Newbie

Today so far I've had:

Apples, hemp seeds, raisins and pecans mixed with soya yoghurt

Couple of big handfuls of banana chips and raisins

Couple of carob pods

Handful of Japanese rice crackers

Curried lentils on bed of spinach

I made buckwheat & pumpkin tea cakes today and ate a quite a bit of the mix before it went into the dehydrator. :-)

Having friends over for dinner tonight so also made an apple and berry crumble...couldn't help but eat ingredients whist preparing! Feeling really stuffed now.

I'm cooking a thai veggie curry for dinner and having the crumble for pudding.

After a day like today I'll have to eat simply tomorrow I think!

• swayzeswayze Raw Newbie

I've found that I'm actually really enjoying this winter, despite the cold, wet weather today! I had a great Thanksgiving, I've discovered that I really enjoy kiwi and I've started eating some of my favorite winter salads. My Mom wants to start playing around with raw foods, which means tasty lfrv recipes for me without any work! :)

Yesterday:

Smoothie of 4 bananas & 2-3 cups of strawberries

Same for lunch

40 ounces of OJ, Salad of lots of butter lettuce, spiralized cucumber, cherub tomatoes, & a tomato-cucumber-pistachio dresing

Swayze

• sv3sv3 Raw Newbie

Guess what?! My office has started ordering a big fruit basket every week! Haha! Success!

Today:

Green smoothie of banana, mango & spinach

handful of grapes

banana & handful of sunflower/pumpkin seeds

apples, buckwheaties, hemp seeds, raisins, pecans in soya yogurt

pumpkin & raisin teacake

..not sure what I'm having for dinner, probably something with mushrooms in..

• sv3sv3 Raw Newbie

Haha! Sorry to have passed my obsession on - it is great though isn't it?! It really does help at this time of year. I've tried to give it a rest the last couple of weeks as didn't want to get sick of it - I'll no doubt be returning to it shortly though!

Yeah, the fruit basket is great - I didn't even have a hand in organising it. (Although I do credit myself with making everyone more aware of what they eat, so maybe I'm indirectly responsible!)

Lately my days have been about:

16 bananas

berries

apples

tons of spinach

tons of green juice

maybe an avocado

• sv3sv3 Raw Newbie

I couldn't fight it any longer! Today:

Buckwheat porridge with blueberries and chopped apple plus loads of cinnamon on top. Yes!

Mix of chopped apples, almonds, buckwheaties, raisins, hemp & sunflower seeds, topped with soya yoghurt.

Couple of rice cakes

Handful of almonds, goji berries and pumpkin seeds.

For dinner I'm having zuchinni spaghetti with my spinach pesto sauce.

We got our Christmas tree today so feeling all warm and fuzzy...may have to partake in a little mulled wine tasting to really get me in the mood!