Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

What State/Country are you in?

Comments

• tdgtdg Raw Newbie

Artesia, NM - mountain time. Half way between the aliens in Roswell (if you actually believe that story) and the Carlsbad Caverns. I think this is officially the middle of nowhere!! I was born in Honolulu and raised in Denver and Seattle. Married a local boy and am trying to convince him to get out of here!!

• Carrie6292 I hear you!!Yes it totally sucks not having any restaurants in Rochester or the surronding areas that serve raw foods, I can’t even find a juice bar. Hmmmm, maybe a business opportuntiy

• I live in Baldwin, NY which is located on the south shore of Nassau County.

There are no raw food establishments anywhere on Long Island.

• I live in Canton, Mi between Detroit and Ann Arbor:)

• Austin, TX. Home of the SXSW film festival and the Austin Film Festival. It is 1:16 AM Austin time which would be 4/23/08 11:16 PM Pacific time. As far as I know there are no longer any raw food establishments in my vicinity. I have been moving from a basic vegetarian diet to raw. I believe I am at about 75% raw now and would really like to make the transition to as close to 100% that I can get.

• cavegal: hey austin! i look forward to attending the SXSW fest this year and also want to check out the Austin City Limits music fest in the fall.

I live in Fallbrook, CA (San Diego, CA county) but in a month will be moving to Dallas, TX. There are LOTS of places to eat raw in SoCal and many organic juice bars, so I’m gonna miss that aspect of where I currently live. BUT I’m totally jazzed to be moving and always up for an adventure. I’ve found thru meetup.com several raw fooders who do monthly rawlucks in the DFW area and CAN’T WAIT to participate~ I’m about 90% raw vegetarian.

• Rev BT: SXSW is always in March but the Austin Film Festival is in October. I too just joined a meetup here in Austin for Raw Fooders and am looking forward to participating when time permits. I found this website looking because I was looking for salad dressings and trying to figure out a substitute for my beloved cheese. I imagine that I will only get to about 90% raw as wine is something I intend to enjoy for the rest of my life. I still drink 2 glasses three times a week.

The southern diet is particularly SAD, however it seems that is merely an opportunity to start building stronger raw food communities everywhere we are. It seems to present a business opportunity as well. Looking forward to meeting you once you get down to Austin. Organic farms seem to be pretty strong here in Texas. We many four farmers markets here in Austin and I’m sure that Dallas has a strong organic community as well.

I think this site is awesome. So are all of the people that are willing to help each other making the transition.

• cavegal: thanks for the heads up about SXSW…bummer! next year tho!

RAWK ON SISTER~

• I’m relocating to San Francisco, CA in two months. I am definitely interested in meeting fellow raw folks in the Bay Area. A potluck would be so refreshing (I usually can’t eat anything at those events!)

• Hiya.. East Granby CT.. :p

• Northeastern Massachusetts

• Western Mass hill towns.

• Chicago,IL!

• Fresno, CA here :)

• Victoria BC Canada

• Brisbane, Australia.

• Moving to chicago in a month

• An Australian living in Heidelberg, Germany….Anyone else out there near me?

• Angola, Indiana We get the sun 3 hrs. earlier than California! :)

• Vancouver, BC

• San Jose, CA. USA

• daniefondaniefon Raw Newbie

just outside Denton, Texas, which is just north of Dallas

Cavegal, what about the raw food counter at the big WF? I love their food! I make a b-line to WF as soon as I get to town.

• I am in London, England. Hello from across the pond!

• SO Lonely in Spokane, Washington!!!

• Paxton SquiggledyPaxton Squiggledy Raw Newbie

Texas, USA

• Adelaide, Australia

I have a big problem with the time difference thing, but I think when it is noon in Cali it would be 4:30 pm in Adelaide the next day (we’re 16.5 hours ahead when it’s summer there and winter here, when it’s switched then we’re 18.5 hours ahead – yeah, Adelaide is weird, just about the only place that is on a different half hour than the rest of the world).

• Hi my name is josh and i am very new to this website. Anaheim, CA

• Houston, TX USA

9:22am Sunday

• BeTheChangeBeTheChange Raw Newbie

St. Louis, MO

• KevlarKevlar Raw Newbie

California, USA