Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Mangers in a Mange land...

Comments

• Luna bluLuna blu Raw Newbie

ang – there is a recipe on this site for a date shake. I put lots of cinnamon in it, and I think it tastes like a drinkable cinnamon roll! You have blood sugar issues right? So be carefyul with this one!!

jen – you owe me a Coke! my best fiend and I said that if that happened when we were in high school! You owe me a coconut water!

• jenergyjenergy Raw Newbie

Haha… I’ll be sure and get that in the mail to ya. ;o)

• angie207angie207 Raw Master

Okay, maybe not high, but something!

As far as blood sugar issues, I have been feeling good about using dates lately, but not honey! A couple of years ago I couldn’t seem to get enough honey! I must need the potassium and whatever else dates have… My blood sugar doesn’t seem to be that much different overall as long as I’m eating what my body needs – whether it’s greens, grains, fruits, honey, nuts, etc. – if I eat what my body needs, my blood sugar levels itself out fairly well as long as I manage my stress, get enough sleep, drink enough water, etc. – It has been high lately cuz I have been stressed (that is starting to calm down) and I’m low on omega-3s. I started a couple of days ago taking a flax oil supplement, and I ate flax crust pizza last night and flaxy cinnamon rolls for lunch today. Cinnamon should only help the blood sugar, too.

Speaking of stress, I’m going to the dance on Friday even if it kills me, which I expect it will do :) Cute thing, though – my son overheard me telling my friend at the store that I am scared to go, and he asked me why. I told him that after having men not be nice to me, sometimes I am scared to meet and date new men or to think about ever getting married again. Then I told him that maybe God could find me someone nice. My son said, “He already HAS found someone; you just haven’t met him yet.” How could I argue with that? I’m going to the dance.

Superman is wise. :o)

I love the stuff that comes out of kids’ mouths. We should listen to them more, I think.

My Braun Powermax blender just arrived! I am going to be pissed at my mom if it doesn’t live up to her ravings! For the price, a comparrision done on the news said it was the best out there. $80. They tested models up to $800 and this one was the best for the bucks!!

It had better be!! I will have green smoothies tomorrow!! I have been wanting to do a G. smoothie feast for a while now!

• lzhptlzhpt Raw Newbie

Luna? How you’ve changed! Girl..I’m thinking you need to start plucking that chin!

Hardee har har! I refuse to take HRT! ;) That’s my hubby silly! ;P

Anyhoo, I now have the meat from 3 cocnuts as i have drank the water from them today!!! God it’s so nice! ANGIE, what do you do wiht the meat (other than eat it) I am thinking about a choco pudding or something. Anyone else have any other ideas? I am going to post this on the food prep. forum as well.

luna – I make warm cocoa with warm water, agave, cacao powder, a little maca, and coconut meat to make it creamy – try it out in that new blender of yours! I have also made “egg salad” by chopping up the coconut meat in little pieces (food processor or whatever) and mixing with raw mayo. Good on crackers or bread. I also posted a recipe on here for a chocolate coconut pie using avocado & young coconut meat – it would be good as a pudding without the crust, too.

ang – I am going to try the warm cocoa tonight, I will add nutmeg and cinamon. The nutmeg because it helps me sleep, and the cinnamon… because I love it! But the egg salad…. you ARE a magical girl! That is an awsome idea!! I have some spring onions coming up in the garden to add to it! And some celery, just like the old days!! :)

Thanks so much. I will also do the pie filling, but I may have to sub the avo. with banana. I actaully don’t like avo in sweet applications! :(

luna – let me know how the cocoa is with the nutmeg & cinnamon. The avo hides pretty well in the pie with the coconut & maca – banana would probably be great, though. That reminds me – we made a banana cream pie with coconut meat, vanilla, agave & bananas, and the same crust as my chocolate coconut pie. That was good, too. I love to eat coconut meat, but I have been drinking about 3 per day for the last week, so I’m getting creative – soon I’ll be able to write a book on just recipes for young coconut meat :D

• omshantiomshanti Raw Newbie

morning all, the weather here finally broke, it was in the 100s last three days and boy was everyone grouchy!!! its a beautiful breezy over cast 55 degrees right now and im soooo loving it!!!!

Angie, your order is about ready i go and put in the bread today should be in the mail tomarrow, i brought hom eth extras yesterday of the cookies power balls and bike and hikes and my hubby was scarfing them..teehee ill email you when it hits the post office!~ like you r new pic!

ardes that kale salad was off the hook! i love kale and always look for new dressings for it!

luna, i may go get a pedicure today since yours had you so giddy and funny yesterday isnt it nice to o something for ourselves every once ad a while? I cant o for a massage as my butt would not allow me to lay on my back and who wantt o see that under a sheet any how! haha! i need a lift after the heat wilted me though so a pedi will do, maybe some shocking color like yours…..fun

Berry and birdie, where are you guys? i miss the southern charm and need bird advice!

izpht, cute foto…and what is with that moniker anyhow? i can never remember how to spell it…i think ill type 5 random letters from now on! hahahahaha

strawberry is probably mowing her lawn! :(

I’m super excited about getting the yummies! – would you ever be able to sell them wholesale, so stores here could carry them? I told my friend about this stuff, and I am going to let her try it – she works at a natural foods store, and they sell several raw goodies, but no breads and I just wondered? If your hubby scarfed them, it sounds like a good sign… :)

• omshantiomshanti Raw Newbie

angie ive been trying to get into a store here forever! my issue seems to be the refridgeration, all my goodieslike other raw goodies aready out there have no preserfatives. so the breads d o better in the fridge for longevity…sigh i htinkits why alot of the raw food ive treid off the shelf tastes like ass, they are not meant to lat forever! I sell alot to yoga studios who have small fridges with waters and stuff i have been told that my stuff taste great compared tothe stuff frm the store on the shelf! In prescott where we hope to move there is a small chain ofhelath stores I think three( i can handle orders for that and they are interested once i get to town, but a place like jimbos who has 12 stores or more, i cant do yet… if your friends store is a small chain, i would love to send her samples!!!

hahahaha strawberry IS probobly mowing her lawn!!! hahhaha i forgot about that! grin, hahaha

The store is just one small store – no chain yet. It’s owned by the company that makes Real Salt.

Okay, SELLS Real Salt, I guess the earth made it :) heehee

• Good mornin all …

OM good to see you back , glad you like the kale salad, I have been juicing like a mad man so we are all out of kale. Where have you been, were you out of town or something I haven’t had a chance to read previous post “Im SO OUT OF THE LOOP>

Izhpt Thanks I read a post of yours yesterday and finally I made a ranch dressing…. the kid loves it she song a little ranch dressing song last night while she ate her collard roll.. :)

Angie I keep hearing something about a dance, I can’t wait to hear the update on how it goes. ((((((((((((((((positive))))))))))))) those are positive vibration that I am sending out to you hoping that you have the best time ever and get whatsoever you wish for.

STRAwberry TEE HEE.. I love the smell of fresh cut grass,.. I know it grinds her grits that I cut my grass with the old school lawnmower.. YEAH the one that has the huge spinning blades on it…. I look like I should be in a Dennis the Menace episode or something…. people always stop and say I can’t believe you have one of those…. “my yard isn’t that big living in the city”

Okay well I finally found some organic watermelon and it taste great… pre raw I used to be allergic to the fruit now I am spitting seeds like a pro…

PEACE

ardes – thanks for the vibes!!! That was awesome:) I have had a lot of foods that I couldn’t handle pre-raw and now I can eat them, too. I still hadn’t been able to eat watermelon, though, even though almost 3 years high-raw. Finally I ate a little one a couple of weeks ago, and it finally felt GOOD! I’m growing some this summer, for sure!

om – I am jealous of your hot weather – I keep wanting to plant a garden, but it keeps snowing and freezing, so I am going to wait until our “last frost date” which is in a couple more weeks.

• Angie no problem….. where do you live that you still are gettting snow, must be Minnesota or something. And just think we are wearing flip flops down here already.

No, not Minnesota – Utah! It usually never snows this late, and it has been around 12 degrees colder than normal for the time of year. Even though it is only a little snow every once in a while, and a lot of nice springy days in between, it’s enough to wait for planting. You are so in trouble for talking about flip-flops!

I just finally got my grades, and the craziness paid off – I got an A in one class and a B+ in the other! Woohoo!

Goodmorning guys!

ang – good for you!!

ardes – I like the way you wrote positive vibrations out in text. I knew exactly what you were meaning!! :) I am going to the H. F. store to buy up a ton of organic greens and some some other stuff to make that kale salad you told me about!! I was going to do just green smoothies for the next few days, but I have so many yummy things to try!!! Next week!!!

I have a ton of things to do before work so this might be it for me today. And all those things revolve around raw food!!! Busy busy!

EVERYONE - So far I am very pleased with my Braun Powermax blender. For the money it is pretty darn good!! Check into it. I will someday (when this one dies) get a Vitamix!

I am going to go and make some ‘NACHOOOoooo… cheese’ from Julianos book. It is great as soft taco shells!!

Bye ya’ll, sorry I can’t play more!!

I just finally went and bought some more of the good chocolate – going to make some cocoa and something else later today – any ideas on something super-chocolatey? I was thinking maybe the walnut brownies, but I don’t know cuz I ate so many dates in the cinnamon rolls yesterday – I ate the whole batch! – and even if I do make those brownies, I’ll want something else tomorrow :)

Okay, I just discovered that my grades raised my GPA enough that I don’t have to take summer classes if I don’t want to – I thought I would have to take them to raise my GPA and qualify for the grant this fall. I could still take the classes, but that would mean having to borrow more, and if I don’t take classes I will have time to grow food, spend time with my son, apply for scholarships, and make jewelry (I already have 3 people who want me to make things for them). It also means that I won’t know what kind of income to expect and won’t have the student loan to live on for the summer, but I’m thinking I’ll have time to do more jewelry, and to collect soda cans if I get desperate heehee :) Actually, it’s funny now, but a couple of years ago I was collecting cans to have enough money to pay utillities. Life is good, and I’m grateful to be where I am. I am having a hard time with this decision, but I really don’t want to be in any more debt than I have to be, and the garden will supplement my income, and 2 classes really aren’t going to get me graduated that much faster to be worth the extra debt, so I’m leaning toward summer with no classes… we’ll see.

very quickly before i fly off to work… i made tha coconut ‘egg’ salad… ANGIE you are brilliant! I had it on flax crackers, but mostly just had it on a fork! :) it was nice, it looked just like the egg white egg salad i used to make!!! It tasted much better though, and it didn’t stick like farty eggs! If something smells like farts, why do people want to eat it? Om, no commenting on the durian, at least it doesn’t come out of a chickens ‘bum’!! God, could you imagine that! Poor chicken!!

luna – Yay! I’m glad you liked it – funny about the durian! :D poor chicken -that made me laugh! I ate the “egg” salad mostly by itself, too! Yummy & simple for me to make. I think raw mayo is going to be a regular thing in my fridge, now that I’ve made one I like :)

• What’s this egg salad all about who has the recipe.. “are you guys holding secrets”

My recipe – pretty complicated: chopped up young coconut meat mixed with your favorite raw mayo. Yum! Shhh…don’t tell my secret ;)

Well, it’s official – I’m out of school for the summer! Superman is excited cuz I told him we’ll get to hang out and go swimming and grow food – he wants to be a farmer and sell fruit and vegetables that he grows; he’s quite the little entrepreneur, and I love to encourage that! I’m going to get to dig in my garden! Hooray! Besides, I’ll be getting to finally spend some time making jewelry :)

Angie way to go with your grades, and I’m so happy for you getting to take the summer off with Superman! And jealous. ;o)

I have two young coconuts at home, I think I’ll try the egg salad thing. Sounds good.

Poor chickens… haha. That made me laugh, too.