Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

10 day master cleanse

Comments

• malchusmommalchusmom Raw Newbie

Thanks!!!

• Hi guys. I completed my second day yesterday, and as I am working over-night tonight, this is the beginning of my third.

I keep having a headache from my recent caffeine usage. Boy am I glad to be off of coffee! I felt DRUGGED when drinking it. The second day didn't bring many bowel movements, which isn't a good thing. I've lost a significant amount of weight so far and much of the confidence I lost from the weight gain is back. Anytime I'm around cooked food I think about raw food, and I must say, I am extremely excited to make some good, raw recipes! I have to remind myself to SLOW down.

I'm drinking my SWF right now, and may have put a BIT too much salt in, as I am feeling nauseous. Usually I can drink these no problem. Hm, I wonder what will happen! I'll update tomorrow.

Good luck everyone, and stay strong! It's difficult but it's worth it--and really 10 days go by quickly (at least for me).

so far is been 38 hrs for me fasting. This morning i feellike crap kind of shaking and nervous(a lit,got both my babies crying like never)anyways,i calm them down and had a glass of water and maple syrup. I feel soo much better. I also was so hot after getting up this morning,then got kind of cold and now i feel better.

I will take another dose of epson salt and i also took yesterday something i bought at wholefoods long time ago,is call""wormwood"" is to kill parasite in your intestins. Is a liquid herb,I drink it 3 times yesterday and wil 3 more times today. Taking advantage of water fasting and i will also kill those bastards,lol

What do you think?? remember,i am doing 3 days fasting and i already order and will read the book about the 10 days master clean to do it the right way.

God Bless!

• Well...this is my fourth day of the cleanse!! The salt water flush yesterday was HORRIBLE!! All of a sudden my limbs felt weak, it was hard to move around, and I had bowel movements for over FOUR HOURS!! Yikes. Not doing it again, but will take the tea twice daily.

Other than that..my craving for cooked food was REALLY bad yesterday, and thought about ending it. Luckily I stayed on track and am very glad that I'm still on it. I want RAW food! I can't wait to be healthy.

My tongue isn't coating over that badly like it did on the last cleanse. It's a wee bit gross but not like it was before. I haven't weighed myself yet again but I'm not really worried right now. Doing well and going strong!

• Day One of my first MC!! Was disappointed not to start the end of last month with so many people but now is a good time for me so here goes. Have about two cups of the lemonade down so I think I need to pick up the pace on that a bit. Love it though...weird. I could drink maple syrup - it's a favorite of mine.

Have decided to do the SWF in the evening becasue I have to work. We'll see how it goes.

I have never fasted before (except once when I was super sick) so I am shooting for 10 days but will be happy with however I do. Gotta keep reminding myself why I am on this journey and that 10 days isn't so long.

• So, has anyone else had major crying fits while on the mc?? I started yesterday.....today not too bad but my eyes are so puffy I look silly!! I am wondering if it is all a part of the detox, though I haven't seen too much posted about emotional v. physical symptoms. Hoping it's my body getting rid of years of negative energy - yeah!!

If you have had any experience, would love to know....

Day three for me and feeling fine otherwise. The SWF doesn't seem to be working yet for me, but I'll keep trying for another day or so. I am worried though becasue I am consuming SO MUCH salt and it doesn't seem to be coming out.....isn't that bad for kidneys??

Debating the merits of continuing for the full ten days or switching to juice and then green smoothies to get to 10 or maybe 14 if done that way. Have to decide before I go home.....so I can pick up more lemons!

• I have done the cleanse numerous times. The last go was for 12 days. I love it and about every 3-4 months I cleanse. Just as with any modified diet you need to be careful and read as much as you can about it before you do it.

Best of luck:)

• ladydaventryladydaventry Raw Newbie

I want to do a MC but I am on some strong medication so was thinking of having a small, simple green smoothie in the evenings to 'carry' my meds. I know the results won't be as good but I am really struggling at the moment and hope this will give me the kickstart that I need.

Is it possible to use honey instead - manuka?

Honey is not reccomended at all.Can you wait till you are done taking those meds??Before you do anything try to get the book by Stanley Burroughs,it cost $6.50 in Whole foods or any natural health store in your area. Is not a big book,it tells you how to do it step by step and what is best to use. I just finish my 10 days cleanse and this lit book was amazing.

You can also read a lot in this site,is the master cleanse site:

http://www.mastercleanser.com/forum/index.php

Good Luk and hope you feel better.

• koolieaidedkoolieaided Raw Newbie

I have a question.

Do you guys add water to your lemonade or just drink it straight? I read that it should be 50/50 water to lemon juice.

I'm thinking about doing the MC without laxatives or SWF. Or at least doing it every other day instead of being so agressive with it. I heard that it can slow down your digestive tract.

• koolieaidedkoolieaided Raw Newbie

How much lemonade do you drink everyday?

If you want the cleanse to be effective you have to do it the right way. Is one glass 8 oz water,half lemon(a teaspoon lemon),2 maple syrup tablespoon and 1/8 cayenne pepper. You will need to drink this 12 times a day and as much water as you want. You need to do the laxative tea at night and salt water flush in the morning,the tea looses toxines in the colon and the SWF flushes it out. If you don't do it like this the results won't be what you think they'll be.

Good Luck!

• I too am really struggling and would love to do a MC and green smoothie fast with you if you would like to be partners? I did a MC/ Green smoothie fast for 30 days in January and had great results. I know a lot of people are all or nothing believers of the MC but I have done a straight MC and the MC/ green juice and had almost identical results. In fact I had a fasting buddy for the 30 day fast and she did the MC fast by the book and I did the MC/ Green juice and instead of 2T maple syrup I put 1 tsp of raw agave nectar in per glass. We both started at approximately the same weight and lost approximately the same amount. Both of us felt great. I have never done the green smoothie / MC but that was exactly what I was thinking of doing before I stumbled upon your post. So would you like a buddy?

Robin

Definitely! I don't believe the 'science' behind the MC hence why I have noo qualms in using manuka honey or indeed raw agave. I see the lemonade as more of a sweet tonic to get you through the day, delivering just enough glucose to keep you going. I wil probably make one large green smoothie late afternoon (spinach/romaine, parsley and berries) which will be softer on my body. I am taking Roaccutane (30mg dosage) which is still quite strong.

I didn't get off to a great start today so tomorrow it is - I already have a batch of lemonade in the fridge. If I had a juicer I would be on a green juice fast instead.

• OK, so today it is! I juiced my lemons last night so I am ready to go. I do have a juicer but I kind of wanted the fiber from the smoothie this time around. We CAN do this!!!

Robin

• Well it is 4:20 pm here and so far I am hanging in there and feeling pretty good. I don't check here that often so if you want to e-mail me direct my e-mail is tshirtartist@charter.net Hope your day is going well.

Robin

• Yeah I made it through day 1. Anyone else doing this? I would love the company.

Robin

• ahaha seriously... weirdos on here...

Why weird?

I glugged down a litre of saltwater but my flush isn't erm.. flushing. Same happened yesterday. I used 1tbsp to 1L water.

• freewitheftfreewitheft Raw Newbie

SWF is 2 TEASPOONS (not tablespoons) of sea salt to 32 oz warm water.

Please folks, read the book first so you don't hurt yourself. The salt/water balance is very specific to make it isotonic - the same concentration as your blood - so it won't be absorbed through the kidneys.

The correct lemonade mixture is 2 Tablespoons organic fresh lemon juice, 2 Tablespoons organic grade B maple syrup, and 1/10 tsp cayenne pepper. Dilute to 10oz. Drink 6-12 per day.

• i started the mc yesterday. i'm doing very well so far. the salt water flush was terrible tasting, but honestly not that bad. i take a very big gulp and then immediately follow that by licking a lemon or squeezing lemon juice in my mouth. that works really well. the flush itself is very mild and i really haven't had any problems with it...it's pretty mellow.

i wasn't hungry pretty much all day yesterday, i made sure to drink plenty of water as well. mostly the problem is that i am craving food or craving EATING food...i just miss the work of preparing food and eating it. i am craving things like fruit and soup, but it's all good. i'm just taking it one day at a time. today i am more hungry than i was yesterday, but i expected that because yesterday i was still digesting the previous nights/days meals.

i wish everyone good luck on their mc journey!

• luxdivonluxdivon Raw Newbie

Lady Aventry you must reconsider Honey. Honey is NOT to be used with the cleanse. People that do not follow the simple instructions will not have the same effect. There are not the same nutrients as in maple syrup. Stanley Burroughs is very clear about everything in his simple manual. You can read the entire text online at http://healthandlight.com/TheMasterCleanse.pdf He explains why, please listen to what he says. He knows what he is talking about.

Anyone else cleansing right now? I'm on day 2 of my 3rd MC and I'm HUNGRY! lol About to go make another lemonade...

• Are there any Master Cleansers out there? I couldn't find a recent MC post so I thought I would revive the old one! My boyfriend and I are starting tomorrow and im pretty stoked about it. I cant wait to get my 70 lemons from fresh direct at 7 am.... hahaha can you imagine?

One question, how bad is it to have a few drinks the night before the MC?

• I REALLY want to. However, this month is full of birthdays and prior food commitments. I don't think I can start until after Jan 5. I have a friend with a lemon tree, and I'm hoping I can get enough from her.

Yay dafodil! :)

I still haven't decided what to do. I've been planning to do my last MC of the year from Dec.10-19. That means I'd be starting this coming Thurs. But I'd really, really, like to join in the big January MC at Peter Glickman's site. There will be some people there doing extended fasts, and I'd really like to do a 30-day at some point. It would be nice to do it with others. Hmmmmmmmm

• Blue_EyesBlue_Eyes Raw Master

Part time MC lol, that would be nice but your really just drinking lemonade that way.

I LOVE the MC but YES you need to do it to the "T" or it will throw you out of it. I have destroyed one just by drinking tea with sugar at lunch with some friends. HAHAA I was mad but just start over.

Good luck you guys, This is a great cleanse!!!

• i'm offically starting my first MC tomorrow...actually first "fast" of any kind. I'm just going to jump right in and I am very excited for the results. I am doing it with my boyfriend and friend so we can encourage each other. Dafodil, what a great accomplishment already, you can do it!!!!

p.s. the salt flush scares me

Hey daf, don't mess with a good thing! lol Are you seeing it in your skin yet? I'm amazed how many compliments I get about my skin, even from people who have no idea I'm on the MC. They just notice enough difference to mention it. That's one of the things that always keeps me motivated towards the end. ;)

While there are a lot of benefits to the cleansing part of this, another BIG part is that you are giving your digestive system a complete rest. Adding any food will mess that up. 60% of your body's energy goes to digestion. That's being freed up right now, so your body is busy doing catch-up with all kinds of things it normally doesn't have a chance to do. 10 days is the recommended minimum because that's when the most work is being done.

• ugh my fears were proved correct. the salt water flush is certainly horrible and you know what else it didn't work! I have to add more salt which is NUTS! I've heard though that the SWF gets easier if you do it every morning. What do you guys think? Also, I'm definitely using lukewarm water tomorrow. Overall though I have crazy, borderline annoying people energy on day 2. 8 left!