Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Mangers in a Mange land...

Comments

• Luna bluLuna blu Raw Newbie

Did any one watch the Memorial cup last night? I only watched near the end. Them team they were playing is my home twons team. Kitchener Rangers! We lost. :(

What I found very amusing was, as the team captain goes to hand the cup ( this thing is 90 years old, and was brought out by our military, yes we have one!) Well he dropped it on the ice!!! and it broke!!! I was killing myself laughing. They just stood there for what must have seem an eternity, staring down at it!! HA ha ha ha ha ha!! So is that how you Ynaks treat things after you win them? ;) Ha ha ha ha ha!!

Did any one watch the Memorial cup last night? I only watched near the end. Them team they were playing is my home twons team. Kitchener Rangers! We lost. :(

What I found very amusing was, as the team captain goes to hand the cup ( this thing is 90 years old, and was brought out by our military, yes we have one!) Well he dropped it on the ice!!! and it broke!!! I was killing myself laughing. They just stood there for what must have seem an eternity, staring down at it!! HA ha ha ha ha ha!! So is that how you Ynaks treat things after you win them? ;) Ha ha ha ha ha!!

• angie207angie207 Raw Master

om – Yeah, I get it now why you were talking about sneaking out :)heehee I just wish I had somewhere close to sneak to – I’ve finally made a few recipes (maybe 3 in the last week) and I have had to make parts of the recipes, and then finish them later or the next day :)

luna – That’s a good idea about posting pics of your beads here as your avatar – I may do the same with some of my jewelry, since I keep getting asked if I have a website, or pics, or whatever. I still haven’t tried your zuc-cotti cuz I’m not a seeed cheese maker & it sounds hard :D

Meditating – That’s funny about your bead asylum idea!!!!!!!! Beads rock, but, yeah, I get it :D

Beads rock! That’s funny, cuz I use rock beads (gemstones) all the time :D

luna – you cracked me up with the story about the memorial cup HAHAHAHAHAHAHA :D

ang – the cheez is easy!!! Just blend the ingredients till smooth. – Yes, yes it was funny! I still can’t beleive he DROPPED it!!!

ang – the cheez is easy!!! Just blend the ingredients till smooth. – Yes, yes it was funny! I still can’t beleive he DROPPED it!!!

I just made the yummiest new shake! cashews, hemp seeds, bananas, carob, cinnamon, agave, water, ice :) I put a lot of carob & cinnamon, and I couldn’t really taste the banana much, but it was a yummy way to get my protein – cashews & hemp seeds are both complete protein sources, I found out. I don’t remember if I told you guys my doc said my protein & albumin levels were low & he wondered if I got enough protein in my diet? Anyway, I looked up nuts & greens & stuff to find complete proteins, and these 2 are complete. Yum!!!!!!!!!

luna – thanks – I went back & looked at the seed cheese recipe, and you’re right; it doesn’t sound hard at all! I have all the ingredients, too, which is even better. I’ll need to buy fresh tomatoes for the marinara, and zucchini, and I have everything else I’ll need – great help since I’m SUPER BROKE and don’t want to keep eating more & more cooked foods – I ate a steak & a baked potato last night cuz I’m poor ($22 for fresh stuff for the next 3 weeks – yeah, right!) and my parents cooked dinner and shared. Good quality beef or not, I’m getting tired of feeling heavy.

I just made the yummiest new shake! cashews, hemp seeds, bananas, carob, cinnamon, agave, water, ice :) I put a lot of carob & cinnamon, and I couldn’t really taste the banana much, but it was a yummy way to get my protein – cashews & hemp seeds are both complete protein sources, I found out. I don’t remember if I told you guys my doc said my protein & albumin levels were low & he wondered if I got enough protein in my diet? Anyway, I looked up nuts & greens & stuff to find complete proteins, and these 2 are complete. Yum!!!!!!!!!

luna – thanks – I went back & looked at the seed cheese recipe, and you’re right; it doesn’t sound hard at all! I have all the ingredients, too, which is even better. I’ll need to buy fresh tomatoes for the marinara, and zucchini, and I have everything else I’ll need – great help since I’m SUPER BROKE and don’t want to keep eating more & more cooked foods – I ate a steak & a baked potato last night cuz I’m poor ($22 for fresh stuff for the next 3 weeks – yeah, right!) and my parents cooked dinner and shared. Good quality beef or not, I’m getting tired of feeling heavy.

• OMG WTF BBQ …............................MEAT SUCKS I AM IN A BAD MOOD JUST LEFT A FAMILY GATHERING

• I got a new picture!

ang – You ate STEAK? OMG, you must feel so sluggish now. I am a real animal rights nut job, but I really like you so I’m not going to lecture. I also know what it is to be broke.

Superman! – cool pic. Did you draw it or did mom?

arder – Rough day?

• I see I missed the beading train, everyone is taking up hobbies. :)

Rawberry = Thanks for the inspiration I just couldn’t take all of my nieces and nephews running around the house with shrimp kabobs, there wasn’t an ounce of vegetables to be seen for miles except for what my daughter was eating. I felt like I was a fish trapped in a tank with predators running around. At any rate the Atlanta Ballet has gone through some rough financial times I can’t remember if it was a director decided to get rid of the orchestra and now they use a sound system for there music, that pissed a lot of people off. The Atlanta ballet put on a performance mixed with hip hop and R&B which was a really fun time, so many different people that I would have never met came out to support the local ballet as well as local artist.

OM = what’s up with the cock picture, he has been there for sometime is that one of your pets.

SORRY all for the rude post I posted on MEMORIAL DAY I just couldn’t resist.

OH I almost forgot does anyone think I am a bad dad because I won’t let my daughter swim in a chlorine pool, we are fortunate to live in a neighborhood that has a lake water system if she wants to go, but of course she is going to Miami this summer and I explained that she can’t go swimming. Now all of the in-laws think I am crazy and belong to some kind of cult.

• omshantiomshanti Raw Newbie

hello radishes! ardes: a cock? cant you see the feminine lashes? thats coco, the CHICKEN! yes one of my many pets, im up loading some actual chicken art made by my chickens for a new avatar later if this site picks up! sorry about the ‘Q, werent there even any wilted, toasted up old veggies between the crustaceans? ;) as for the chlorine, i gave up my laps last year used to swim two miles 5 days a week! love to swim, but the chlorine was the deciding factor…I may be wrong but isnt there ocean in miami to swim in? wink wink…

Berry, hmmm my site works for me! im getting ready to launch food for sale at etsy, ive given up on trying to get the sale page up and running on yahoo, the bastards, its a disaster! so etsy it is, all you beaders should list your stuff there too, my fried who is seling his art there is doing pretty well! my food biz has come to a slow crawl as my yoga studio closed and they where my big regular customer so im back sending samples to stores! grrrr not fun and not cost effective! anyhow maybe once we finally get moved to AZ i can whip this food thing into higher gear!

Luna, sigh animal rights..such a bone of contention with my hubby and I, I dont know why either…he is such a softy, but he jsut doesnt want to know about what happens to his food, i make the decisions and shop so if i want to order rediculous pasture raised, free range anything i do..dispite the raised eyebrow at the food bill! i may have to get part time work if i cant rent my pasture out front to some one! just to buy food! ;) anyhow he made a scene at the store the other day cause they didnt have the kind of milk id buy, sure they had organic milk but not the pasture raised, small family farm , hormone free kind i buy for him, he was stomping his foot practically! sigh…” i just want to buy milk, i dont want to know about the cow or her life…” yadda yadda…. so i said” don jew estamp your little last year pradas at me missy!”( from legally blonde) and he grinned and i told him id go out to day and buy him some pus, er milk!;)

Angie: glad you are feeling better, i use hemp alot too its very yummy and satisfying! your shake sounds delish ill replace the cashews with macs and try it out! take care of yourself and im sorry you are struggling for cash…but you do what ya gotta do, and you know what…. thats ok! ((((hugs)))

• stRAWberry – I like your new picture. Your picture is so cute that I want to have the kitty =)

Luna blu – My mom painted the picture, and she painted parts of it with her thumb! =)=)

• RawKidChefRawKidChef Raw Newbie

Hey Superman! Good to see you on here! What sorts of raw food have you been creating lately? :)

This is apparently the new “talk about whatever you want” thread! lol I’m there dude :)

luna – yes, definitely sluggish, ugh! – and thanks for not lecturing me :)

My mom loves me! I had asked her if she would loan me money to help out for summertime, but I wouldn’t be able to pay her back until I get school financial aid in August. She was hesitant to do it, because she isn’t exactly rich, either, but after she saw me trying to eat different cooked foods and not feeling good, she agreed to loan me some money! We went shopping last night, and I bought fruits, veggies & lots of greens! It made me so happy I almost cried :)

• RawKidChef – My mom makes raw fruit ice cream for me a lot. It’s my favorite ;)!

Awesome. I love banana based ice creams, though sometimes I crave that young coconut ice cream better. Have you ever tried that? It’s like crawling inside a coconut and going to heaven. Literally.

Ah it’s been a stressful day. My kitten climbed up a tree like a squirrel and fell down. Have to take for surgery tomorrow at 9 in the morning. Ah well at least it will be over soon.

Lately I’ve really been craving those coconut noodles with creamy sauce and spices….mmm good.

So how was everyone’s Memorial Day?

• omshantiomshanti Raw Newbie

berry: www.granolasspecialtyfoods.com cant imagine why its not working for you…ill ask hubby. freaking computers!!;) hemp is not strong tasteing i like it on salads and in smoothies. the texture is like soft sesame seed. before raw i used to roast them! yum! now i get the manitoba hulless ones. lasts a long time….. i would love a pool with out chlorine…i love to swim sigh…. i have an icecream flavor for you, but it is rich: chocolate hazelnut,! make your hazelnut milk and strain it twice, add your cocoa to taste with agave and a pinch of salt then i crunch up some dehydrated hazelnuts and throw the whole mess into the icecream maker and viola: yummy, very rich goodness! i also like chocolate mint and strawberry (i juice some of the berrys and use macadamia nut milk)......ah yes the pus thing, sometimes this works for me, but usually trying to gross myself out about a food product is pointless, im the gal who eats around the worm in guavas and apples, picks the bugs outa cialntro and hardly washes a vegitable! oh well…i think the funniest one ive ever heard is that eggs are chicken menstrualtion! hahaha obviously effective when you think in terms of human monthlys however in the rest of the animal world its not as oogy…simple change in blood chemistry to excrete a scent to all the daddys out there…but what ever…. most people have not had animal husbandry and if it keeps them off eggs, to each his own! i gave up my chicken eggs as they stopped tasteing good to me but boy that frittata i made hubby last night smelled cheesy and good!;), and regular icecream upsets my stomach, i use fresh goats milk in my tea if i want creamy( nut milks dont mix well with hot liquids i find)all i have to do is walk across the street and milk out a cup or two, outside of a goat hair in my cream im not to worried about pus tit as that is again, husbandry. does milk cause mucus in the system, absolutley! you should hear my hubby snore and blow his nose( didnt happen in mexico on vaca as i convinced him not to drink dairy there….) but you gotta find your own path right?

well i should be writing an article for a horse mag right now and not having a gay old time with my fellow leaf eaters…have a glorious day everyone,angie, keep the spirits up and check out etsy.com! greeting luna and ardes! more later…..

• Rawberry.. no way you were not to insensitive at all, I think between you and OM you guys are the most prolific writers here. I love to read you guys banter…...

FOOD UPDATE.. well my daughter is at her cousins house for the whole week and this morning like as if I had a un-cooking show “RACHEL RAY.. EVEN” I whipped up some catalina dressing, two salads, mango pie , a raw pizza, and stuffed bell peppers.. all in two hours… I feel JOOD this morning real JOOD.. I have stopped eating after 6pm and it has really helped a lot. I used to feel somewhat sluggish getting up… NOW i just pop up and get ready to take on a new day…

st – No, not a self-portrait, just Mother nature, although when I got it done, I realized I HAD made it look a lot like me…I was laughing my head off at first, cuz I thought you were talking about the Spiderman painting on my son’s profile!!!! HAHAHAHA :D

om – thanks! I had never heard of etsy before. Your website works fine; it’s just that the link to it on your profile doesn’t work.

ardes – Wow! You really COULD have an un-cooking show – I’d be all for watching it! Mango pie sounds sooooo good!

luna – I made your zuc cotti last night for dinner, & as I was putting it together & tasted the cheese, I felt like singing & I was thinking of you singing and doing a Lucy dance for raw taco night a while back! Also, I wanted to let you know how much your animal rights nut jobiness has made a difference to me. I never knew about how bad animals were treated until I read a forum you posted, but if you had been critical or judgemental, I’m the type of person that I would have not been as likely to listen & learn. I found myself in the grocery store yesterday telling Superman that no he can’t have string cheese, & when he asked why, I told him that it’s because the cows are treated really bad and we don’t want to give our money to people who treat cows bad, and we could go to the hfs next and buy some almond cheese. I wondered if the guy down the aisle had been listening, and I was all happy to realize that I’m now one of those animal rights nut jobs heeheehee :) (or I would prefer to be, even if I am weak sometimes!)

ardes – Back when I said you should buy larabars & get some sleep, I wasn’t trying to be rude, just teasing you & trying to help. Then I realized what larabars are, & that they’re not raw – oops! Anyway, I’m glad you figured out what is working for you to feel JOOD! :D

Wow, weren’t you all active little bunnies on here.

berry – no pics of the fence yet, as my hubby has not gotten around to putting it up yet. I’m gonna kill him!;) Hopefully this weekend, so I can plant my veg.

Ang – I am glad you liked the ‘zuc’ cotti!!;) :) Today I made a simple sauce with diced tomato, chives, garlic, olive oil and assorted Italian herbs. I am having it for lunch with ‘zuc’ioli stuffed with my usual seed chees that I herbed up a bit. Dinner will be ‘zuc’uchini with the rest of that sauce! :]

Om- my hubby’s the same way with animals. He is such a soft hearted suck that if He new half the things I have read he would be sooooo angry. So I have never told him, cos I wouldn’t want to inflict that knowledge on someone. It is up to people to look it up for themselves. He just doesn’t want to know where his food comes from either.- How’s your bum? How did they remove the ‘thing’ anyway?

ardes – I find it really hard not to nibble at night, sometimes I do it almost right before be!! I do feel sluggish in the morning and I think I will try not eating after 6:00. Do you have any tips on how to NOT munch into the eve, besides duct tape over my mouth?!;)

• yeah go to sleep earlier… which is only working for me now because my daughter is not at home, but now I am thinking about trying this polyphasic sleep which I have no idea what this will do to my eating habits. LOL .. But it sounds weird and you all know I like weird stuff so I am getting on board with it.

And if you have to eat something , eat watermelon or an apple… God have you guys had an organic watermelon lately. I bought 30.00 worth which was 4 total and they are so alkalizing I mean you can feel your spirits lift when you eat this stuff plus the seeds. NO JOKE

ardes – That’s good to know about the watermelon! I’ve never been able to eat much watermelon my whole life, but I’m finding the longer & more I eat raw, the more foods I can eat even though I couldn’t handle them before – now I’m craving watermelon like a maniac, but I can’t get organic ones right now… I bought a non-organic watermelon, but it wasn’t ripe & it wasn’t very good, so we ended up composting it. We have a couple of watermelon plants to put in the garden, so I’ll be feasting on it in a few months!!!

I am feeling soooooo much better after yesterday all raw – I don’t even want Manna bread now that I’m feeling well enough to make my own food & I have loads of fresh fruit again. I need to study more nutrition so I don’t ever want goat cheese again – I want to eat raw & vegan. I realized that I was craving it because I needed phosphorous & I didn’t have any energy to make myself the cashew chocolate pie that was the only thing I kept thinking about in the hospital! I was happy to find out that corn has phosphorous, so I’m thinking of making raw corn tortillas that I can freeze, when I get corn from the garden this fall. I also got one variety of corn that you can pull up the whole plant in the fall before the corn is ripe, hang the plants upside down in a cool place, and “harvest fresh corn for months afterward” – woohoo!!!!!!!

luna – You’re hoping to kill your hubby this weekend just so you can plant a garden?! Yikes! You’re scary… Heeheehee :D Okay, good luck getting the fence up this weekend :)

ang – OOOPs. yeah it looks as though I was saying I would kill him ‘hopefully this weekends’. No, the hopefully this weekend, was meant for the fence!! Ha ha ha! :) Maybe he would make good fertilizer if I buried him in the veg patch. JUST KIDDING!!!!!

I have never seen organic watermelon around here. Must be nice to live in Utopia. :) I ADORE watermelon, I will have to keep an eye open for organic!! I could probably eat a whole one!!

luna – HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!! I knew what you meant, but it DID look funny :) I’m just in a goofy mood again – finally! It must be the happy food. Did you see my other post thanking you? I’m amazed to realize that I really want to eat vegan and raw – I never had that desire to do it all before, even though that’s how I ate a lot of the time for the last several months! I have you to thank. If you had not spoken up about your beliefs & given information about treatment of factory-farmed animals, I wouldn’t have beeen aware. But I realized today that the biggest impact you have had is because despite your strong feelings about it, you have been accepting & compassionate instead of judgemental & critical when you knew I was eating meat, and that somehow gave me the space I needed to open up & come to the decision on my own. Bless you!!!!!!!!! It means a lot to me :)

Wow, I gotta stop skimming!! ANG - I am not the type to force my views on others. If I were to tell you how these animals were treated, going into the details, I would feel as though I was assauting you verbally. Or any one for that matter. LIke calling someone hurtfull names, telling people who maybe sensitive to anaimal issues, about these things will make them feel just as awful. It is up to the person them selves to find out the ugly truth. I usually tell people that I am veg. becasuse animals are treated horribly, so much so, that I will not go into details so as not to disturb them. I kow how I felt when I read and saw these stories, I won’t inflict that apon anyone!! – anyhow you are very welcome, I am so glad I have been a help to you in switching over, for you and the animals!! – Remember, I am maried to a meat eater. I have many years of giving space practice! Angie you made my day!! MUCH metta peace and blessings to you!!!!!!