Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Mangers in a Mange land...

Comments

• jenergyjenergy Raw Newbie

I’m baaaaaaack!! And SO happy to be home.

Actually I’ve been back since Monday night, but my laptop up and died so I haven’t had a computer at home, and at work it’s been totally INSANE all week playing catch-up on the paperwork nobody does but me, so no “goof-off” time online. I’m still behind, but no longer completely buried, so I wanted to check in and say hi and catch up on at least the last few pages here.

So hi everybody! I’m too time-deprived to put an individual little greeting to everyone here, even though I totally want to, so consider yourselves all hugged. ((((mmmmm!))))

Oh, and I didn’t go to Mexico after all. Four days before we were supposed to leave my hubby told me he had a Very Bad Feeling about Mexico and really, really REALLY didn’t want to take us there. He couldn’t define it any more specifically than that, but I’ve known this guy for 20 years and he’s just prescient like that. He’s right more often than not, anyway. So we went to So. Cal instead… Disneyland & Universal Studios in LA, then down to San Diego to the zoo, the wild animal park, Sea World, and the Maritime Museum. Then a nearly 12-hour drive home – counting the 4 hour fleabag hotel stop to sleep. I was so happy to get home I nearly burst into tears when I walked through the front door. ;o)

OK, more later, when I’ve unburied myself a little bit more. Probably Tuesday, actually, since I don’t have a ‘puter at home (wah) and it’s a long weekend.

Love to all! :oD

• angie207angie207 Raw Master

Hi, jen! You were missed :) Thanks for the hug! (returned) I’m glad you had fun, and that whatever your husband was feeling bad about didn’t come to be – I always try to pay attention to that kind of thing! Oprah said (and I agree) that that is how God talks to us:)

• MeditatingMeditating Raw Newbie

LUNA - do you have a website to show off your beads. I am a bead freak. If so, I would love to take a look.

• Hello all just got back from the FOX THEATER at a faboulous concert… I had three glasses of wine because we never live on the edge now I am at home and juicing the rind of a watermelon to recover.

Talk to you guys tomorrow.

PEACE and BLESSINGs

st – Thanks! I could have gotten in touch with the nurse if I had called back on Thurs. or gone to the office, but I just felt like maybe there was a reason I didn’t hear back – I wouldn’t have called & gone to the herb store if I had gotten the answer the doc gave me, cuz he said my kidney function tested great so that wouldn’t be causing the edema. But when the lady at the herb store used muscle response testing, my body said it needed kidney support in the from of the herbal combination. That is why I’m grateful to have both – and my doc is better than the ones I’ve been to before; he told me that although some people might roll their eyes at me for eating mangoes and coconut water, he is fine with my eating that way as long as we can figure out how to get/keep my blood sugar levels normal. I told him that I roll my eyes at people who eat hamburgers & white bread & soda, so they can roll their eyes at me if they want to, lol. He kinda laughed when I said that, so that’s one of the reasons I chose to keep seeing him. (I saw him the first time when he immediately sent me to the hospital, and the conversation I mentioned took place when he came to the hospital to check on me.) He is wonderful in his field of medicine, and he is willing to take the time to answer all of my questions and ask for and listen to my input about what is going on with my body – rare for a doc, from my experience. When I went yesterday for my follow-up appt., it was a good visit with him, and I didn’t feel like a kid getting a lecture like I have with other docs in the past. I got lots of information, and I trust his intentions are for the best, and I just know that there are limits to knowledge about health in the methodology he was taught, and I have other resources for knowledge & practice of herbs, essential oils, chiropractic, acupuncture, massage, nutrition, etc.

Ardes – You’re funny! Like your new pic, too – fun :)

• omshantiomshanti Raw Newbie

Hello everyone! surgery was a cake walk! im up and running around with less bump on the rear and 4 little stitches! hardly worth any of the worry i put myself through! hubby has been tremedous, although tomarrow im sneaking down to the horses to play before he wakes up!!!;)

Jenn glad you are home and had a great vacay, you have been missed!

luna and Berry, big hugs and hope all of you have a blessed weekend

Angie hope you work out your edema and continue to mend, your doc seems pretty cool. is the weather holding for more gardening?we had an honest ot goodness thunder storm complete with heavy down pour and power outage here yesterday! very cool, we dont get those much in socal.

Ardes, cute new pic…but i dont think those sunglasses will fool the animals coming to get you!

LOL about ardes & fooling animals with the sunglasses!!!!!

Om – It has been raining every day since the peas got planted, which helps my mom, since she’s been so busy helping me and she would be the one doing the watering. Today it’s kinda windy but not raining so I may go out later to plant some more seeds – yellow squash, corn maybe, we’ll see. I’m so glad your surgery went so well!!! Sneaking out, huh? Funny, I thought that was a teenager/parent thing?! :D HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!

• OM = jeesh you had me thinking that you were going to be eating chicken noodle soup and bed ridden for days watching soap operas… do those still come on…..

Angie = that really is a great blessing to have such a understanding doc, I know that has to be comforting, he must be a older fellow.

YEAH YEAH and I can hear you all saying what was ARDES thinking about when he had on those glasses… It was a very artsy concert and you just have to know me why I dress so weird, and it’s not for the attention it’s just something that I have always done… Probably a little to eclectic for most as I have on yellow and green striped socks that come to my knees today…. you should have seen the people’s reaction at this morning flea market.

And speaking of flea markets… what is the deal with people having a bad attitude because I like greens.. Here lately at the flea market with my duffle bag full of greens and veggies I turn around and the people in the line are giving me the meanest looks… and there happens to be plenty of veggies for everyone…. for some reason I think they feel like I think I am better then them because they only have a carrot and a tomato in there hand… its weird…..

ardes – people’s reactions can be weird… my mom goes grocery shopping for my aunt every other Saturday or so, and one time recently I was going to be running errands where my aunt lives, so my mom asked my aunt if she needed me to get her anything, and GET THIS - my aunt didn’t want me to go do her shopping because she didn’t want me to know what they were eating, since it wasn’t as healthy as what I eat ?! She also had to tell me (after I bought the groceries & brought them to her house) that the soda was for my uncle, not her, and I just told her I thought it was sad that she didn’t want me to help her, and I asked her, “Why should I care what you eat?” She gave a visible sigh of relief when she found out I wasn’t judging her for her dietary choices, and I realized that maybe what I should have asked her is why does she care what I think? She is going to make her choice, and even if I was going to judge her for it (which I’m not), why should she care? I just wonder if people feel bad, like you said. My aunt told my mom that my healthy eating had made her more aware of what she eats, and she feels bad that she is still buying things like chocolate chips. :D I’m just glad I at least got to tell her how I think about it; too bad you don’t have a chance to find out what the deal is with the looks you get at the market, lol.

• kevin7197kevin7197 Raw Newbie

I always get comments when I go grocery shopping. Complete strangers, checkout people, etc. I’ve never understood why anyone would pay attention to what I purchase, lol. At least the comments have always been friendly.

I once bought several enemas at once, and the guy at the register asked me if I was going to do some Spring cleaning, HAHAHAHAHA!!!! :D

Oh, yeah – I forgot to tell you guys: I was way underweight the day I went to the hospital (like 25 pounds!). I was dehydrated, so I would guess a good 10 pounds of it was due to fluid levels being low. I have been eating like crazy the last week, and yesterday when I went to see the doc, ALL 25 POUNDS ARE BACK!!! I counted calories for what I ate the last 2 days out of curiosity, and I had eaten more than 3,000 calories per day! And I wondered why I ate $200 worth of produce (not organic, couldn’t afford it!) in a week besides the nuts & young coconuts & other stuff I already had :)

ardes – I would love your socks!

Hey, I just thought I’d let you all know that I am officially HOOKED on green smoothies! I tried one last fall, and it just didn’t seem to be what my body wanted, so I thought I just couldn’t digest the combo of fruit & greens. Since then, every time somebody mentioned green smoothies, I thought I would gag. Until the last few days, that is. Over the last few days, anytime I read & someone mentions green smoothies, I have had a growing interest and desire to try one again – weird! So today I ran across a green smoothie recipe and it sounded really good! I immediately got up from the computer and made one… I LOVED IT!!!!!!!!!!!! Taste, texture & smell were OKAY, but it felt so gooooooood! It was a beautiful green one that LUNA would have been proud of :) heeheehee

st – LOL at the trike/motorcycle & sidecar :D HAHAHAHA!!!!!!! You are hilarious!

ardes – Just a thought: maybe the looks people gave you had to do with their being envious of your socks ;)

Yesterday, I got zucchini, yellow squash, pumpkins & edible flowers planted in the garden, and I spent some time in the sun (we actually had some for a few hours!), just sitting in the front yard after I got done planting. The doc told me my vit. D levels were really low & gave me a prescription for a really strong vit. D supplement. For my edema, he said to lie down & elevate my feet, or to spend time in a pool, submerged up to my shoulders with my feet down so the pressure will help force the fluid back up to where it belongs. And I know that sunshine is a huge factor for vit. D. So with what’s going on with my health, I got doc’s orders to literally play & rest – hang out in the pool, lie back & put up my feet :) Too bad I am SICK of resting & wish I felt better. Although, I am really doing much better than right after I came home from the hospital, and at least lying in the sunshine is more enjoyable than on my couch or in bed!

Have a great day everyone!

• Luna bluLuna blu Raw Newbie

What a weekend!! Worked all day Fri all day Sat, then went to a party. Then Sunday, I moved a TON of black garden siold into my veg patch to top it up. Then I made all my rows and now I can barely type or move, everything is so sore!!

ang – I have another fantastic use for young coconuts!!! Take the meat of one and a half young coconuts, 1/2 cup of the water, blend till smooth, pour onto Teflex sheets!! You want them to be thin and about the size of a Thai rice wrapper, because that is what they are supoosed to be!! They are soooooo good. Then just julienne some of your fave veg, fill with said veg, make a nice Thai dipping sauce and devour. OMG they are sooooo good!

berry – thanks about the pic! If you consider 5’ 6 1/2 ” tall, then I am tall.

Meditating – No I don’t have a website for my beads. I will someday. I can always take a few pics and use them as my avatar here so you can see them.

ardes – LOVE the new pic!! It’s great!! – People can get hotile sometimes for the stupidest reasons. 2 of my coworkers were getting angry that I didn’t eat cookies and crap like that. The one offers me a pretzel, kinda knowing I am going to say no anyway, and then she says’didn’t think you would.’ And the other girl is getting all miffed and she says, ‘What about cookies? Can’t ya even have a chocolate chip cookie?’ To which I said no. And she gets all pissy at me. OMG, why does MY not eating a cookies or pretizel bother her? She should be happy, more for her!

om – Lots of ((((((((love)))))))))) (((((((healing)))))))) and other good stuff!! Cybervibes!!! Gotta love it.

Ok, I really hate it when I type a huge post and the site pulls a ‘sorry but…’ VERY annoying.

So briefly, had a crazy busy weekend!! Gardened like mad and I am so sore today it really isn’t funny!

Berry – If you consider 5’61/2” tall, then I gues I am tall.

Ardes – love the new pic!!

meditating – No website for my beads. I will take a few pics and post here!!

ang – Coconut Thai ‘rice’ wrappers:

Meat of young coconut

1/2 cup of the YC water

pinch salt

Blend till smooth, pour onto Teflex sheets into thinish rounds and deydrate. Kinda like making coconut leather. Stuff with julienned veg and dip into your fave Thai dipping sauce!! These rock!! BTW, speaking of sun, dum dum here got a burn of her back!! DUH!!

om – ((((((((((((HEALING)))))))))))

Sorry the site is acting up!! I thought I lost the first post, Guess I didn’t!!

luna – It’s all good – you get most of a page, just for you – it’s about time someone besides me fills most of a page ;) heehee I’m so BORED sitting around not feeling wiped out enough to rest all the time but not yet up to exercise or much work – aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh! I’ve made the coconut wrappers before – super yummy! I got the recipe from the “spring rawls” on this site, and I shredded cabbage, marinated it in sesame oil & nama shoyu (shh, don’t tell), put inside & dipped in mustard powder/agave/water mixture. I’ve never made Thai food, though (only ever eaten it twice in my life) – do you have a recipe you can share, or a basic idea, for the sauce? Those sound really good, & I wouldn’t have to marinate the veggies.

ang- I use nama, garlic, ginger, lemon juice, almond butter, Thai chilli, agave necter.. It is from a raw book so I won’t give details. All I will say is it’s about 1/2 a cup of almond butter, 1tbsp nama…. Go from there and I’m sure you can make up something pretty darn good!! – I just had them for lunch. They are so friggen good!!!!! I put cilantro in mine as well as an assortment of veg! YUMMMMM!

ang- I use nama, garlic, ginger, lemon juice, almond butter, Thai chilli, agave necter.. It is from a raw book so I won’t give details. All I will say is it’s about 1/2 a cup of almond butter, 1tbsp nama…. Go from there and I’m sure you can make up something pretty darn good!! – I just had them for lunch. They are so friggen good!!!!! I put cilantro in mine as well as an assortment of veg! YUMMMMM!

okay, what is Thai chili? and where can I get some?

okay, what is Thai chili? and where can I get some?

can we say SSSSLLLLLOOOOOWWWWWWWW? yuck i hat it when the site acts up! im laughing about lnas whole page though!! teehee

Ardes, you and me both thought id be convalesing for weeks( thats what the doc had me thinking!) anyhow right after surgery, we stopped by target to get some items then the day after we went and saw indiana jones, then yesterday we finished working on one of the unfinished stalls in my barn and test drove a saturn astra and today im going to ride and get some taping done for utube for my horse business! hurumph this little incision wont slow me down much! big grin

Angie, hey i like your prescription! rest with feet up and soak ina warm pool! sounds great! you’ll be back to normal soon, but its a bitch being still isnt it?

strawberry, a trike! perfect you know those come motorized too then there is this backwards one i saw at the motorcycle shop last week…it had two wheels in front and one in the back…i can picture it! teehee

luna i tried that wrapper thingy and it didnt work out for me…got to cripsy and wouldnt roll so i tried it less time and it would roll then either….ugh….suggestions? i love thai food so i resort to collards as wraps or just plain old rice paper ones if im really trying for authenticity…..

• MeditatingMeditating Raw Newbie

OMSHANTI - So glad to hear you are doing well. I have a kinship of sorts with you as I spent every day of my life from 11 to 17 cleaning stalls, taking care of horses, and evetually showing and training in western pleasure, trail, reining, and games. When yoy write about your horse days and I see you horse pics it allows me to live vicariously through you and I remember all the fun times I had back then.

LUNA - do post your beads sometime. I do all kinds of art projects and crafts but beading and stringing are my favorites these days. At one time I toyed with opening up a bead store and calling it the Bead Asylum. If you have a bead addiction you will get the joke.

Thai chillis ae those tiny little red chilli pepers, that if you ate a whole one by itself , you might pass out!! HOT!! Usually can get intesting little wicked chillis from Asian markets.

om – Yeah, slow and wonky site today. What is with the muliples multiples multiples? – How are you doint? Only two butt cheeks now? – Maybe you made the wrappers too thick or even too thin. I think these maybe a science! ;)

Thai chillis ae those tiny little red chilli pepers, that if you ate a whole one by itself , you might pass out!! HOT!! Usually can get intesting little wicked chillis from Asian markets.

om – Yeah, slow and wonky site today. What is with the muliples multiples multiples? – How are you doint? Only two butt cheeks now? – Maybe you made the wrappers too thick or even too thin. I think these maybe a science! ;)

meditating: hello fellow horse o phile! i ve been having some real fun with the ponys lately, i joined a new forum for horses online and have gotten myself egged and spat at already! teehee its why i slip some horse tales on this thread, no one comes after me! teehee heres a good one for you, we finished the 2nd of the three stalls im my poor delapidated barn and of course it went to cuervo my arab, he is having himself a gay old time tormenting his “friend” the lippizan by pulling the dissapearing act into the stall, thus sending his buddy into fits of hystrionics. “look i am here, oh then im not! oh, im here then im not!....” its quite the sight and sound…all that neighing…teehee

how come you are horseless now?

meditating: hello fellow horse o phile! i ve been having some real fun with the ponys lately, i joined a new forum for horses online and have gotten myself egged and spat at already! teehee its why i slip some horse tales on this thread, no one comes after me! teehee heres a good one for you, we finished the 2nd of the three stalls im my poor delapidated barn and of course it went to cuervo my arab, he is having himself a gay old time tormenting his “friend” the lippizan by pulling the dissapearing act into the stall, thus sending his buddy into fits of hystrionics. “look i am here, oh then im not! oh, im here then im not!....” its quite the sight and sound…all that neighing…teehee

how come you are horseless now?