Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Helloooo Raw Christians....

BreakingFreeBreakingFree Raw Newbie

Hey, are there any Christians doing raw out there? Let’s talk about taking care of the Temple God gave us ;*)

Full Time Raw Vegan

Comments

• I love Jesus very much!

• I’m a Christian as well! =]

• I am not far from Colonial Williamsburg. No raw restaurants nearby. But I suppose you could live off of salad bars and fruit salads while on vacation? The nearest raw restaurant is probably an hour away.

• germin8germin8 Raw Master

Hi BreakingFree.

Places to camp? You mean near DC or further out. We have the Shenandoa and Blue Ridge mountains just west of where I live. (I live about 40 miles west of DC.)

We haven’t been to Colonial Williamsburg (I’m originally from AZ/TX.) I hear it’s a fun place and good choice for “history-enthusiasts”. We want to see the Creation Museum too! There’s also the “Christian Theatre in Strasburg, PA and Branson, MO I hear those are wonderful!

There is tons to do in DC. Most of the museums are free. And, there are great places to eat (all cooked). Only one raw place in DC… but, it is out of the way from the metro.

I do not recommend the aquarium in DC. It’s best to go to the Baltimore aquarium
    What time of year are you coming? June is not too hot; July/Aug is. And taking the metro into the city is certainly better than driving. Traffic is one of the worst. Dont’ drive the beltway during rushour; it will take you 2 to 3 times as long to get there. Rush hour is 6A-10A and 3P-7P; this is why I recommend the metro. Plus, in DC, you can spend an hour finding parking! Weekends are usually better, but not by much unless you know where to park. Driving in Georgetown (DC) is a nightmare because there is no metro there… so, everyone drives. Just avoid Georgetown. And, be prepared to walk.

A museum takes about 3 hours on average to see… that’s on the short side… you can spend 3 hours on just one section of the museum… or 5 hours for the entire museum.

If you want to visit a place that requires free tickets, like the Bureau of Engraving and Printing (where they make money) or Washington Monument, you need to get in line EARLY for the free tickets they hand out for the entire day. You may be there at 7AM and get a free ticket for a tour at 2P.

You can see all the outside monuments at night… so don’t do those during the day. See the museums during the day… or the national cemetary… or the cathedral… or Mt. Vernon…. and walk through the well-lit outdoor museums at night – WWII, Lincoln, Vietnam, Korean, Jefferson, Roosevelt memorials.

Here’s a nice interactive map to help you around

Monticello may be on the way.

• Hello! I’m new here, to raw, and am also a Christian! So glad to be here! I am also in the DC area!

• I’m a Christian, too! =D

• rawmamarawmama Raw Newbie

I am a Christian :) Glad to know there are followers of Jesus here wanting the same thing, joy in life and life in living foods!

• Christian here! I’m usually about 90% Raw (by my estimate), but dropped down over the holidays. I’m happily jumping right back up to the higher percentage and praising the Lord for the chance to do it!

• There are a lot of references in the bible that encourage you to eat raw. When I was dealing with being diagnosed with cancer 4 years ago, I went 100% raw, and when I would get afraid (because the doctors wanted to give me radical surgery) a friend of mine would remind me of certain scriptures, and they would really lift me up, and allow me to trust God to heal me. I was doing the raw thing to survive, and in the end, it was a great experience, because I might not have ever discovered true faith and healing and the power of God and raw foods!
    I have 3 children, and my 2 sons who are born since the whole cancer scare, are my miracle boys. And just to let you know, I am not 100% raw right now, but I have never had any cancer scares since then.
    6 weeks into my raw cleanse, (I was praying A LOT) a voice told me I was “set free” one day when I was praying. I knew it was the Holy Spirit confirming that I didn’t have cancer anymore. ONLY I knew that I was free from sickness. Try explaining that to people-you just can’t. The whole raw food thing didn’t even make since to other christians. But God used me to show his amazing healing power.
    Another thing, there is a website, but I haven’t been to it in a long time so I am not sure if it still exists . It is Hallelujah Acres, www.hacres.com.
    Happy New Year!

• raw christian here,i am so thank ful to God for giving me this diet

• I am a Christian as well. I’ve been Raw for about 3 weeks now – but on and off the diet for three years. I felt God leading me to a Raw diet, but wasn’t really ready to hear it. Now after my G’ma has been diagnosed with cancer and my father has been diagnosed with lupus – I thought I’d better listen. I am about 85 – 95 percent Raw.

Kaua’imom – God bless you. Your story gives me hope for my G’ma who raised me. My G’ma raised me on soul food and when I went Vegetarian – they laughed and said that I’d been living among the white folks too long (we live in Wisconsin; our family lives in Louisiana). Now they are asking me for recipes. Especially smoothies for my G’ma because the chemo is causing mouth sores and she’s diabetic, but really doesn’t want to eat. It’s been kinda easy to transition bc I’ve been fasting and praying for her.

Changing topics – I was in DC last year with a group of women from my church on a missions trip. We walked the land and prayed for our country. We even got the chance to go into the pentagon and pray for the chaplains of our troops and see the place were the plane crashed into the building – they’ve made a beautiful memorial at the actual location and you could feel the presence of God there. Which blew me away – I didn’t expect to feel the presence of God at the Pentagon. Anyway – sorry for the long post – nice to be among – brothers and sisters of Christ.

• alpdesignsalpdesigns Raw Newbie

I’m Christian and I’m happy to have the opportunity to say so! It has become so politically incorrect in recent times because it might offend some people. I would rather offend non-believers than to offend Christ by denying Him. I didn’t go raw because of religious beliefs, but it has affected me spiritually.

• It is so encouraging to see so many Christians eating raw! I have felt like a lone ranger in this lifestyle because most Christians look at you like you’re crazy, while they eat their donuts and drink their coffee. It is so sad.

I praise God that he has strengthened me to begin eating the food He has created… and it is so delicious!

God is good… ALL THE TIME! :)

BTW, I live in Las Vegas, NV.

• Thank you for your post. I’m just now experimenting with eating raw after a year of being vegan. Now, I eat raw until dinner. It’s amazing how people assume that I am not a Christian because of my diet. I think the opposite should be true. We ought to take care of our temples. Just as there is the Great Trinity, we are three: mind, spirit and body.

I took some students to D.C. a few years ago. Nearly all of the must-see places are free. I don’t know how old your children are, but creating scavenger hunts and mini competitions (question/answer quizzes) may help them focus through some of the tours.

• I am Christian too. I love Jesus so much. I believe He has guided me to raw eating.

• I am a Christian. I am a newbie at eating raw. I am about 50% raw. I am very excited to be on this journey of eating better. I’ve noticed my depression disappearing and PMS is gone this month! I always try to explain to people who think I eat weird that the food God made {and people didnt tamper with} is always the best!

• geniusrawmodel23geniusrawmodel23 Raw Newbie

hi, i’m christian..Catholic actually….but yeah. I’m in the process of going raw. I believe that we should take care of the body God gave us…it is His temple and we shouldn’t abuse but rather try to keep it as well as possible so we can give greater glory to Him. Good to see others here are christian too.

• angie207angie207 Raw Master

I understand the whole idea of not wanting raw food to be the “golden calf.” I have felt that God has guided me to raw foods, but if I go around telling people that raw food is responsible for healing me, I would be doing a disservice to God who gave it to me. I really believe that is why my journey to healing is longer than I thought it should be – I have to have a balance and know where to give credit. (I realized that when reading Isaiah – something about God doing things a certain way so that people would know it was done by the power of God & couldn’t say that the idol had done it – sorry I don’t remember the reference.) I know that God is happy with my decision to use the foods/plants He created.

rawvness has some biblical references and insight on her profile – reading it gave me a lot of insight, and it could help when talking to people who are Christian & don’t understand the raw/vegan lifestyle.

As for travelling, I think if you can take some of your own salad dressing or at least some sea salt, you should be able to go to any restaurant that has a decent salad bar. I have sometimes gone to a restaurant and gotten an avocado to mash up & mix with salt and I used it instead of salad dressing. Or, you can always eat lots of fresh fruit & veggies from the grocery store. Either one works, although raw restaurants would be much better! I haven’t had that option when I have travelled.

• gymjunkiegymjunkie Raw Newbie

I am also a Christian, and whenever anyone questions my raw-vegan diet, I simply relpy that it is my way of caring for the temple with which God blessed me. It is truly wonderful that others are also “giving credit where credit is due,” as it is ultimately God who heals and cares for us all.

GulayG1rl
  • Im a raw Christian! And loving life!

Okay, I know I already posted on here, but I was wondering if this thread was still going so I could tell you all about what happened on Easter! Someone read from the bible about when Christ raised Lazarus from the dead, and I realized that if He could bring Lazarus back from the dead, he can certainly heal ME, too!

• I’m a Christian and fairly new to the raw food lifestyle. Wow, it’s great to see so many Christians on this site!

• Amen – angie !

• southernloversouthernlover Raw Newbie

Wow… I am so glad I found this site/forum! I am a Christian and I just started 100% raw a few days ago… actually, I think I’m about to eat something cooked because I haven’t been able to breathe for the past 2 days. I think it’s severe anxiety and cooked food withdrawal. I’m going to try some soup, and if that doens’t work, I’m off the the hospital. Pray for me.

• I am also Christian and love Jesus! What hurts is when other Christians tell me that the Bible does not support vegan “dogma” and that we are supposed to eat meat because God told, I think it was Peter, to kill and eat. Also they use the Bible to say that vegans and vegetarians are weak. I don’t want it to be dogma and to take my focus off of God, but I also believe in healing thyself and taking care of your temple. I was sick for many years and have had to turn to alternative methods to help myself. I don’t see what is wrong with that. We are killing our children with the modern SAD diet. I wish other Christians would wake up, throw out the Starbucks, and figure it out.

Southernlover, I will pray for you. It may be anxiety coupled with some detox. Eat some cooked food, best is vegetable soup or brown rice, and relax. You will get some weird sensations. You may even get some major detox symptoms, slow down the detox. You will be okay. Raw is not bad unless you are eating something toxic, or that you may be allergic to. The best thing is when you are going raw to eat everything you have already had at first, such as fruits you like, salads, etc. Then add new stuff in one at at time. Relax, honestly.

LisaMarie – I’ve always understood that Peter’s vision was about God giving him the message that now it was time to take the gospel to the gentiles, he just used the food as a visual that Peter would understand (telling him to eat animals that were previously forbidden = preaching to the gentiles for the first time). Check out what rawvness posted on her profile – She gives insight and references from the bible that may help you in conversations like you mentioned.

southernlover – If you are having a problem with detox, green juices with superfoods like spirulina and chlorella can really help ease the transition for your body.

• gypsycowgirlgypsycowgirl Raw Newbie

I am glad to see this many Christians on this site—was unsure about the number and am glad to add my name to the list! I don’t understand why everyone can’t be more loving and accepting of each other—that is what Christ called us to do. Everyone has their own path that they are called to walk and we shouldn’t judge others by what is right for us individually—only God can judge and guide each of us. I am about 50% raw at this point and I do get tired of feeling like I am the “weird” person out there just because I don’t choose the so called “normal”. To each his own.

• southernloversouthernlover Raw Newbie

Yeah, it’s got to be detox/mental. I only get the feeling that I can’t breathe while actively thinking about it. Yet, it’s only when I eat cooked foods that I am not thinking about it…really odd. I just overloaded my system with too many nutrients too fast!

gypsycowgirl – I have had this weird thing about people talking about what’s normal. I realized I can eat what’s “normal”...if I want to have all the “normal” sickness, disease, addictions, lack of energy, etc. So tell me again – why is “normal” so desirable?

southernlover – It could also be withdrawal symptoms – sometimes it takes a lot of time and mental/emotional energy to break free of the addictions to cooked foods and the chemicals that are in a most processed foods. Give yourself a break, and keep loading your body with minerals – it can’t hurt. It could also be a mental addiction/fear of giving up what is familiar. Good luck; you’ll get through it.

• gypsycowgirlgypsycowgirl Raw Newbie

Angie—yea—I know what you mean about the normal thing—never been normal! That is what makes the world go around and makes it such an interesting place I guess. I have always found that people who want to achieve success, good health, happiness, peace…have to walk a different path than the “normal” zombies! My husband is a naturapathic doctor and people freak out at some of the “weird” things we do! But I sure feel better about my health and wouldn’t go back to the “normal” diet that most people consume.