Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Mangers in a Mange land...

Comments

• I made your cranraspberry smoothie last night didn’t even no you were the author of that recipe as I got it from some other site, can’t remember the name. I liked the flavor, I just hate when smoothies are that freaky brown sludge color.

Hmmm strawberry dressing sounds interesting only if strawberry’s were not so expensive right now.

Hey omm what is this nut butter sammy you speak of, I am a almond butter freak I eat a half a jar every other day seriously. We also have this nutbutter dressing we use, thank god nut butter is not that expensive at Trader Joes.

• omshantiomshanti Raw Newbie

i make my breakfast bread( on this site) and my own almond butter usually add some blended berry sludge and viola: nut butter sammy! you gotta get yourself a vita mix dude. the money you save on nut butter would pay for it in months. plus home made nuttbutters are so much better! i was paying almost 20 bucks for raw nut butter out here until i made my own now , i stride past that shelf in the store now and feel pretty smug with my self..grin glad you like the smoothie, i know, i hate the color too! hmmm guess great minds think alike as i only post my recipes here…not a real complicated recipe though so im sure easy to duplicate! as for strawberrys they are already cheap out here but you’ll be rolling in them by june right? till then maybe frozen berrys arent some of them raw?

• You are killing me I just clicked on to the breakfast bread and it has bananas (BUNK) carrot (BUNK) raisins (BUNK), what am I to do. All the good stuff has the things :( poor little me doesn’t eat anymore “what gives”.

_VITAMIX_Yeah I think we are going to try to get one this week or the week after. It’s just a matter of doing it, we are so tired of the cuisnart whining and complaining every morning.

I never use frozen fruits “do you” . I always looked at it as cheating.

• jenergyjenergy Raw Newbie

Zooey, you’ve done it again. Your cat-in-a-coma quip made me choke on my coffee this morning.

You owe me a keyboard. ;o)

• angie207angie207 Raw Master

ardesmond – I make a breakfast bread, which I guess is more like a cracker b-cuz it is so thin, but you could maybe make it thicker if you want: 2 cups flax seeds – ground, 3/4 cup pine nuts or almonds – powdered, 3/4 tsp. cinnamon, 1/2 tsp. ginger. Mix dry ingredients together in a bowl and then add a little water at a time, mixing with your hands, just enough water to make it stick together. Smoosh it out on a dehydrator sheet (Teflex), then flip it onto a mesh tray, score it if you want, and dehydrate at 95 – 105 F. The wetter/thicker it is, the longer it will take, but somewhere between 1 – 2 hours usually. Then make jam by pulse chopping mixed berries in the food processor with raw agave to taste, spread it out on Teflex sheet(s) and dehydrate for a couple of hours, stirring every half-hour or so, until it is thick and sticky like jam. (I have a recipe posted here for Blueberry Jam, but it works with other berries, too.) Spread the nut butter and jam on the breakfast bread, YUM! If you’re sending it to school, you might want to put the nut butter and jam in separate containers and she can put it together at school.

• YES ANGIE <printed> and taking this home with me today to try, sounds perfect as she keeps asking when am I going to make bread. LIFE SAVER thanks.

??? is that ginger powder or fresh ginger.

• RawsikiRawsiki Raw Newbie

You know, I’ve been on a butcher farm and the farmers told me that they feed their cattle candy such as chocolate and licorice to fatten them up. Isn’t it nice to know that America is raising healthy children and building strong teeth and bones with the help of hairy undernourished, hormone-injected animal utters’ milk? Doesn’t it make you feel all warm inside?

• Rawsiki LOL you get a gold star for that one. I have also read that cattle ration consists of about 17% “candy meal,” a blend of chocolate bars and large chunks of chocolate. I am sure some other stuff to. Not to mention the antibiotics, now you feel warm inside and your head should be swimming

ardesmond – great! good luck with the bread – powdered ginger:) I have been making macadamia butter in the VitaMix, and it is sooooo good! If you get one and want to make almond butter, I think you need to mix in some oil or use part mac nuts because the almonds aren’t as oily as other nuts. I’m excited for you guys to get it! I use frozen berries for my son because he loves the “ice cream” and I used to use some for me sometimes, because it’s cheaper – I would buy lots of fresh berries in the summer when they’re cheaper and freeze them so I could have berries in the winter without paying a fortune! Frozen foods do lose some of their nutrition, and enzymes are destroyed if they are frozen for a long time – you judge:)

last month mother earth news ran a great article on what goes into cow feed! spent chicken meal comes to mind( thats ground up whole dead chickens)...and when i was a college kid studying animal science way back in the day,only 10 percent of their food was food the rest was filler and medication…ugh cant imagine now what it is today. To horrible to concieve really!

angie your morning crackers sound divine! doesnt rdesmond need a vita mix? they are awesome…i bought a reconditioned one and its still going strong!

rdesmond here is the burger update…i felt that the whole experiment did not live up to my favorite burger recipe but there was one i thought you might like since your kid liked the cheezits..if you like it post it under your recipes( have your kid call it something cool!)

here it is:1 cup parsnip pulp, and 1 cup jicama pulp, 1/2 cup diced celery, and 1/2 cup ground sunflower seeds. three heaping tablespoon fulls of the cheezit mixture( undehydrated) pinch or two of oregano then optional: splash of olive oil and a squeeze of lemon. mix well if mix is still falling apart add more cheezit mix. form into pattys and dehydrate 6 hours im sure you can go longer if your pattys are thick or less for thin ones, i left them till lunch then sampled…two big discoveries for me: anything with a ground up mushroom turned black and tasted really pungent..(chickens got those! they send their thanks rdesmond) and broccoli and celery pulp, no so much with the holding together and really not to burgery tasteing, especially since you are using no salt or onion ect. i like to use collards or romaine leaves as “buns” but its up to you.

As for the pbj that white bread recipe i posted could work just leave out the parsley or use the morning bread subbing with apple and dates and squish… the white bread is really mild tasteing due to the jicama i believe. so there it is my friend in a nut shell, it was fun too! i love to fiddle with food! will you guys ever eat carrots again or are they off the menu permanently?

looks as if zooey has left us to our own devices….as hard as i tried i couldnt get into one bit of trouble today either! sigh…come back zooey, come back!;)

• geniusrawmodel23geniusrawmodel23 Raw Newbie

well that makes me want to drink milk..yum yum lol.

• lzhptlzhpt Raw Newbie

hey ardesmond, did you ever get that honey mustard dressing? One of my favorite dressings is the herbed vinaigrette in the recipe section—it’s made w/ really raw honey and ground mustard seed. Play with it, leaving out the basil/herbs, adding more mustard seed and i bet it would be great. If you use less water on that one and really whip it up in the blender, you’ll have a great creamy dressing. My 11-year old loves it. So this is a funny thread—from mad cows to salad dressing! All you guys in the literary group would enjoy The Omnivore’s Dilemna (popular, I’m sure most have read it). Chicken “processing” chapter should be postponed until you’re finished eating.

• no Izhpt it was a disaster and when I say a disaster I mean a disaster. She said it tasted like peroxide when she ate it at lunch. Poor thing still ate all of her salad and didn’t want to hurt my feelings. I think I tried the herbed vinaigrette one time when we were still eating garlic.

Rawberry yeah he is over at Giveit2meraw with a full page spread of pics LOL … you guys should see it TEE HEE … http://www.giveittomeraw.com/profile/ZooeyGlass he is going to hate me for that but hey he could use some hits.

Omshanti I really appreciate it, I just so happen to have some left over cheezit mixture to try your concoction. I don’t think we are ever going to eat carrots, bananas, or any other starch like veggie i.e potatoes, we just don’t do that well on those foods.

Oh, cute pic of the 2 of you! :)

• Thanks we look like two RAW Chipmunks…. This was our first time eating at a RAW restaurant back in 07.

I want to go to a raw restaurant again!

• Just groovy Angie… .”Come to the light Caroline” are you feeling vulnerable LOL.. Peer pressure must have got the best of you. Thanks for changing the pic it’s almost like I can hear you better.

• lzhptlzhpt Raw Newbie

Awwe! poor thing, ardesmond—ahh, now we see there really are other members of the fam! Great pic! I think it’s time to change mine now. You know I love a challenge so i’m going to work on this honey mustard sans garlic for you. Had some ? over at our raw athlete thread about detoxing while exercising—thought you could shed some light on that. Hey Angie—new pic for you too!!!

You can hear me better – that’s funny:D I had been thinking about it for a while, just finally did it since everyone else was – I wanted some of the fun ;) I want to get another one sometime soon, but that’s the best I have for now.

ardesmond is that your gal? too adorably cute!!! hello Wife! (waving furiously at the computer screen!) I went over to that totally traitorous zooeys’ page on that “other” raw food site…. im with strawberry, we’ve been hornswaggled, misled, misquoted no doubt and fodder-ized( is that a word?) Id sob too, but im to indignant…he had like 5 pictures there, oh and here what do we get some lousy angela landsbury! hurumph…oh and he had a picture of a DOG, Mr. “im all about cats, you nasty dog people” snicker snicker… oh no zooey, no , its ok, really, we’re fine over here with out your humerous ass, look, look we’re funny…we’re all laughing, can you hear us huh? huh?(this rant best said in “donkeh” voice from shrek , go on, go back and try it its fun!) BWAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH, oh , man i crack myself up sometimes…im Kidding of course zooey, youre horribly missed …please, just a little laugh for old times sake….we’ll soldier on after that…we’re…we’re strong, really( gasp) teeheee ok enough razzin for you today mr Zooey be hale and hearty! or kale and farty…oh man someone over here is a bit giddy, must be the wind!

ardesmond you are a trouble maker after my own heart posting that link ! BIG GRIN! i hope that veggie pattie works for you, I like Ani phyos burger the best but rawjames posted a tuna recipe that might work its all nuts though…very eh, filling. also there was a meatloaf stuffed with spinach recipe by thedailyraw( she rocks the recipes) that was to die for could be converted to burgers easily…

izhpt I read omnivores dilema and the china study..both very informative and so food oriented teehee….lets delve into fiction, come on it would be a hoot we few have highjacked this thread as it is…might as well have some more fun… any one read “water for elephants?” circus fans will enjoy it, sarah gruen is one of my go to authors as is in a totally different genre, Diane gabaldon…old favs include dick frances, larry mcmurtry, cormac mcarthy, and barbara kingsolver. come on guys lets play! grin

strawberry, really you dont usually like woman authors, do tell….. i havent read any ann rand but i’ll google her and see what i see…..I guess for me its not the gender but the voice, if i cant hear it in my head after a few pages the book gets put down. what are some of your fav books?

Angie! cute pic…we are all just so fotogenic!!!

why thanks strawberry , thats nice of you!

• OH WOW YOU GUY”s I wish I could read on but I have been suffering from no sleep lately, just woke up in a sweat thinking it was 4 am already, but my wife was in the kitchen already so I knew something was either horribly wrong or I overslept. Looked down at watch AND IT’s ONLY FRIGGIN 11oclock, jeeze I need to get some sleep. LOVING the pic OMhsanit and the rant about POOEY I mean zooey .. Going back to sleep you guys, have a fantastic night and thanks for the recipe that was so sweet ))) like honey….. tee hee lol yeah I am sleepy and delirious when I start thinking I am funny.. PEACE TO ALL>...

• Rawberry that is the wife, OH god her head would be so big if she knew someone thought she was a child again. LOL… we have been together since I was 12…. of course I am 30 now and she is 33,,,,,, were some old hags

• Ardes—that has got to be the most adorable photo you could ever post. Seriously. And om too? And Angie? What’s with everyone getting so cute all of a sudden? I had better change my pic.

• Maybe it operator error or I am sleep typing but RAWberry I don’t see a recipe under honey, honey… Help post me a link… I would love to see it.

• And as for you Rawberry—I would never ditch you guys, ever. Period. Not unless some very cute girl came my way. Okay? That’s a promise. Or maybe if she was just pretty cute. Or… or a guy with a lot of money. But that’s where i draw the line. If it involves dogs there’s got a be a lot of money too but those, as far as I can see now, are the only reasons I would ever ditch you. Because we’re tight like that.

• Who knows RAW. Who knows. Though today I had another experience with a dumb vegan, sad to say. Ringing up a customer at a vegan shop in Westwood Village. He said: “Waita minute… what did you order again?” And the customer said: “A muffin.”

No kidding.

• I’m getting pretty insecure with all the cute faces going on around here. Do I gotta find some cute photo too? Alright. Lemme look….

• This is about as cute as I can get. God I feel so… so free.

• That’s funny, I was going to say that you’re hat looks exactly like my underwear.