Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Mangers in a Mange land...

Comments

• Okay you guys just when I thought I had control issues, and I try to let my sister have some freedom to have my daughter over to spend time with her cousins for the summer THIS CRAP HAPPENS>

1. My daughter has a eye that looks like she has been in 13 rounds with Mike Tyson with her hands tied behind her back, because her cousin had shrimp on her hands and touched her in the face. Go figure she is highly allergic to shell fish. At any rate I let it go and my sister said no more shell fish will be cooked for the summer. FINE

2. I go over today and my daughter looks like a mermaid from the waist down with this horrible scaly skin. Come to find out my niece decided to put antibacterial hand soap in my daughters bath, who doesn’t even take baths any more but obliged because the little one wanted someone to splash around with in the tub for 45 Friggin mintues.

I am at my wits end with SAD eaters and there ill ways it just doesn’t make since, and the only thing they can think to say is WOW you guys are really on a straighten ARROW… banging my head against keyboard now.. WW$OU: I: DFUIEOIWJC OIDUAOI:UR p’OIREJOI I just can’t take it.

• RawKidChefRawKidChef Raw Newbie

I know Ardesmond I mean $#&!$(%&&x%x*^$$$ is wrong with people! I think from eating cooked food people have just wrecked themselves and their brains are all screwed up full of toxins. There’s this crazy lady who is the manager at my grocery store who has been FOLLOWIING US around for the past 6 months because I took 2 apple cider samples…......TWO!!!!!!!!!!!! SAD people just are the most craziest people on the planet…........of course there are trillions of them so it wouldn’t be easy to fly them to Mars and let them have their own planet (Is the Pasteurized Planet a good name??)

• omshantiomshanti Raw Newbie

Oh ardes! poor kid! i wonder if when they see your daughters physical reactions to sad food and activities if it dawns on them then that you are not on the straight and narrow for nothin’.... hugs to your poor kid! and as for her mermaid skin, ive been using vitamin e on my but scar and its great.. might be soothing for her skin too?

Jen you go girl! garden, coop, farmers market its all good!!! all three would be nice~!!! teeheee

Angie ive been sticking to the sales myslef lately, which cuts down on my selection but helps all the same….5 grapefruits for a doller!! and cilantro 3 bunches for a dollar! ilove to try to get a reciept form the store that has nothing over 3 bucks as a price…( I know i have to get a life! ;) yesterday my most expensive item was 2.16 apples that where not on sale!!! teehee i was all impressed with myself. OH and i found out what is after my basil cause the little fink has started on my cilantro…a ground squirrel! I have got to fire my barn cat…. my spaniel has been leaping and growling at the slider door for days now and i keep getting after him as all i ever see out there is the chickens and for god sakes he sees those everyday!! well today i peaked out my window into the beeedy eyes of the offending rodent and i couldnt believe it, he had his little rat cheeks filled with my cilanto….he is in for a big suprise when i open the door and let my killerspaniel out on his tail!!!( not.) of course im gonna go find the assasin first( lazy freaking barn kitty) sigh, guess my container garden is gonna have to be hung up like my tomartoes! grumble grumble! ardes can i borrow your broom! teehee

well i actually have a lesson this afternoon, so i better get to it! happy freaking monday people!!!

• RawKidChefRawKidChef Raw Newbie

OMG I just went to the grocery store to get a canteloupe…........the crazy manager who follows us around all the time charged us a dollar for a plastic knife…..A PLASTIC KNIFE!!! FOR A BUCK!!!!! And I get plastic silverware all the time there and none of the cashiers charged me a buck for a single plastic knife….actually they never charged me anything. And we get paper soup cups which are supposed to be 10 cents each, well she charged be a buck for those too when she’s around. I’m just glad I have an alternative grocery store. :) Anything ever happen to you guys like that?

• Good Morning everyone , well even though I have had good spirits about leaving this job, I kind of feel postal today. Not sure why I feel this way but green juices isn’t helping, maybe some watermelon to alkaline my feelings :) .....

PEACE

Hey Ardes, feeling postal is allowed maybe sweat it out at the gym, or my fave, meditate and breathe it out! You’ll be happily gainfully employed again soon…..no worrys mate!

busy sched today myself…gotta run so i can get in some yoga this am before horse chores and lessons! have a great day everyone!

Berry waaaaaaaah, would have love to have read your missing post…..will we hear from you in atlanta or are you abandoning us like luna and zooey? ;(

• angie207angie207 Raw Master

Lunaaaaaaaaaaa! Come baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack! (said like Dory from Finding Nemo) Did you really want to be in the abandoners category? Didn’t you know we were only kidding about your fertilizer? (crying) We missssss you, SNIFF, SNIFF.

st – I’m sad to miss your post, too. I’m going to try out your dehydrator today. How long will you be in Atlanta?

ardes – Yeah, postalness understandable, & just eat what you want – but alkalizing watermelon! I may have to buy all the watermelons that Superman grows, for myself!

om – hope everything is going well – sounds like you’re feeing better?

• All’s I can can say is shenanigans this job is pure SHENANIGANS

Rawberry is coming to Atlanta, OH NO … Hey raw if you are going to be in town on thursday , you should go check out screen on the green, its now being played at centennial park because of the water conservancy, its not being played at the beautiful piedmont park, but hey its a free outing. And the backdrop to the Atlanta is not a bad movie theater.

OM = I saw that picture of that guy with the daisy dooks on at TARGET and I just cracked up , my wife couldn’t understand but it was hilarious

Angie= I have peas at home I could grow, but what are you going to do with them once there done, are you eating them raw or cooking them.

PEACE

I have the peas that people would normally shell & cook, but ever since I was a little kid, I have LOVED them fresh out of the pod. I hated that I had to help my mom shell them & then just let her blanch them to go in the freezer to cook more later – she let me eat a few raw, but not many! I don’t know why, but for me, fresh peas are THE BOMB!!!!!!!!! I have also seen a recipe or two on here using peas – if I find them again, I’ll let you know. Last summer, I picked them & ate them immediately. This year, if I get enough extra, I’ll let my mom freeze some, and try a recipe or two. They are good in salads, too (soooo much better than the cooked ones at salad bars)!

• Luna bluLuna blu Raw Newbie

Welllllll. I am back. HELLO TO EVERYONE!!

To make a long story short, had chest pains, thought I was having a H.A., but I wasn’t. So I have been laying very lovw for the last few days.

Went to see ‘Indianna Jones and the big waste of money and time’ the other night. I was not impressed. My husband really was not impressed.

Glad to see you are all still here!!

I have a batch of choco macaroons, a carrot cake and flax pumkin seed flat bread in the dehydrator. I was a busy beaver today.

ps. I would never abandon you guys!!

berry – Are there no dentists where you live? :)

om – about the stinking, do you want me to answer that? Hee Hee Alot of people on this site no longer wear deoderant so …na, I am not going there!! ;)

• Welcome back Luna we were all worried…

Have to catch up later I am childless and me and the wifey are having a blockbuster night.

Btw, the posts for the veg. patch fence are in and cemented! My hubby ‘says’ he will work on the panels and gate tomorrow. My grandmother and grandfather always used to wait until June 7 to plant their veg garden, just to make sure there was no chance of frost. So if I plant my stuff around that imee it should still be fine. My garden did amazinly last year, which was my first garden ever. Me and my parents figure my Baba, grandmother in Macedonian, is puttering about in my ‘gradena’ as she used to say. She has been gone now for 20 years, but I think she is still ‘with’ me. She and my Dedo pretty much raised me up untill I was 5 years old. Free baby sitters!! Both my folks had to work full time when I was born.

So there you go, another little piece of Luna.

Luna – Good to hear from you – and sorry you’re not feeling well :( I was thinking about going to the movie – thanks for the critique about “Indiana Jones and the big waste of money and time” :D HAHAHAHA!! About the recipes – are they from here? Wow! Sounds good :) My grandpa is still with me, too. He wants me to get happily married. I felt him with me a lot when dating in the past & just got that feeling. Now, I think he went to find me someone. :)

ardes – Enjoy the evening! Superman & I rented “The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe”, so we know what’s going on before we go see “Prince Caspian.”

• jenergyjenergy Raw Newbie

Yay! Luna’s back! I hope your chest pain thing was resolved… do you know what it was? That must’ve been so fricken scary for you. I’m glad you’re ok!

Have a great trip, Strawberry. It will be nice to take a vacation from the computer… when I went on vacation, my husband spent a couple hours every night online on his laptop and my son played computer games every day on my laptop (until it broke, but it’s all better now). I checked my email exactly once and then said the HECK with it, I’m on vacation. Liberating.

Ardes, hope you have a blockbuster of a night! ;o)

angie – I love love love raw peas! I just got some in my farm basket tonight and chowed them all down before I even got the other stuff put away. They were so sweet, like candy. MMMM!

I just finished a big bowl of “ice cream” that I made with frozen bananas, frozen peaches, a little maple syrup and lots of cinnamon. Oh yum. I like it.

I’ve been thisclose to keeping it all raw all day for the last two days now. Yay! Go me! I had lunch at a restaurant with my gramma today and the closest thing they had to a healthy salad was a ceasar, so that’s what I had. Every other salad on their menu had MEAT in it. Whaaa? That’s dumb. I won’t mention the restaurant’s name here (Stars), but I can say I probably won’t be eating there again if I can help it. It was gram’s choice.

Anyhoo, hugs and all that happy crap to you all, I’m heading to bed momentarily.

Jen

welcome back la launa! man, chest pains? yuck i had palpitations about a year and a half ago and ran around with a heart monitor on for a while… I self diagnosed as stress because my doc stopped listening when i told him i drank coffee at the time…he said the monitor is inconclusive but you drink coffee so there you go…..uh? okaaaaaay….anyhow no caffeine at all since raw and still have the occational palpitation when im , stressed and not breathing properly…. did they get a handle on your trouble? by the by we all smell like roses here, dont know what you are thinking hahahah wink wink!

The Berry, have a great vay-cay, and im wrestleing with the dissapointment of not being able to fabricate a little fairy tale about your absence….sigh…..well maybe i can get away with a blow by blow fictional account of your travels with your magic bullet in hotlanta….hmmm i feel my creative juices stirring! teehee bon voyage( said like bugs bunny” bone voy ajee!”

Angie, OMG fresh peas, used to sit and shuck with my granny on her porch in tennassee….i ate more than i shucked!!! she would always tease me and say she had to plant double just to get enough to put up! loved my granny, she was a poet and a story teller. i beleive she has a hand in all my lifes turns.

my ex hubbys bubba used to work for a company that he had a pet name for. something that his heavy german accent caused actually. When he passed his obituary ,which had been mailed to the paper, misspelled the companys name so that phonetically read as printed was exactly how he used to say the name of that company…we took it as a sign from him , that he was ok in the here after!

I liked indian jones myself but im easily entertained….it was nostalgic, but i gotta admit there was a bit of over acting, a shallow plot ect ect! teehee

Ardes, thats exactly where i got that card at! they have some goodys there…glad you had a giggle, loved that card! mom -in -law thought it was so like us to bring her something like that! dont let the shennanigans get you down…..jobs are a dime a dozen not that we all shouldnt have a great one that pays us gobs of cash and that we love but last i checked we all live in the real world right? big grin;0) you gotta check out net flix…..that way blockbuster night could mean wink wink…..and the great thing about netflix is you can keep them as long as you like….. leaving more time for a “blockbuster night” teehee

Jen, you go girl, pretty soon you’ll be back on the wagon as if you never left! well you still have the scabby knees from the fall but heck you can enjoy picking the scabs at least! teehee

have a day folks….what every kind you choose! mines gonna be silly…..and probobly irritating to others…mwahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

st – have a good time! I started to run the dehydrator last night (I was going to let it run during the night), but after two minutes it had a sort of faint burning motor smell. So, I turned it off to keep the house from burning down. I’ll try it one more time, maybe, but it’s looking like I’ll be taking the guy up on his offer to refund my money if the thing didn’t work… :( Your mother’s perfume, huh? Very comforting, I’m sure.

om – That’s awesome about the name of the company he worked for! Yeah, I love it when things happen & you just sort of know that someone is letting you know that they’re okay, or that you will be, or whatever. Glad your granny takes care of you still :)

ang – the carrot cake is from this site, the bread is kinda mine, and the macaroons are ‘rawclairs’ from this site. The fresh tomoto and chive pasta sauce is from Charlie Trotter and Roxannes book ‘Raw’. YUMMY!! – If you have good ones, the bond between grandparents and grandkids can be pretty strong!! That’s cool your GP is watching over you!!

jenny bo benny – Hey girl!! Fricken scarey is kinda an understaement. The Triage (sp?) nurse didn’t think it was an HA, she thought more along the lines of esophagitis, or stress. Ya, it’s stressfull giving massages all day in a dimmly lit room with the sound of the surf and Enya in the background. ??? I don’t know, I got fed up waiting in emerge and left. Seeing as there were people bleeding and broken ahead of me, I figured I would be there so long that I would have been tended to by one of the horsemen of the appocolypse!! Our health care is really starting to suck farts!! EWWWWW! Hee hee hee!

om – I would figure heart palps are pretty much stress. was it only the one time in your life? – ROSES, I usually smell of patchuoli, accompanied with a sacred cow sort of gaze. Hee hee hee. Zooey is not even here and I am still teasing him!!!

Berry – Hee heee haa haa. I wouldn’t want somebody elses dentures either!! Wouldn’t they be a little uncomfortable and slimy? ;) Hee hee heeeeeeeeee! – That’s cool about smelling your moms perfume in those situations. I am blessed with folks that are only 19 years older than me!! They will be around for a long time yet. THEY HAD BETTER BE!!

Have a wonderful day ya’ll!!!!

Jeez, Luna… I would think that a potential heart problem would be on the top of the triage list. Stupid health care system. It sucks here, too.

So I tried a really weird (for me) green smoothie this morning that turned out surprisingly delicious. I’m getting all these unknown mystery greens in my weekly basket from the farm and trying to incorporate them into my diet… stepping outside my spinach & kale comfort zone a little. It’s fun, usually… disgusting, occasionally… heh. This morning’s concoction was 2 apples, a handful of purple grapes, the juice from 2 oranges, some spinach (can’t help it ;o) and a big handful of beet greens. That’s it. I didn’t even add my green food powder or maca or cinnamon or any frills. It was AWESOME. The apples made it really thick and foamy, which rose to the top by the time I was about 2/3 of the way through it, so underneath was this sweet, refreshing green juice. It was a singular experience.

Beet greens. Who knew? ;o)

jenergy – Yummy!!! Good to know about the beet greens – I’ll have to try them in a smoothie – My mouth is watering…

I just read on another post that someone juices rhubarb – I’m gonna try it! Now that you said purple grapes, I realize that with my mom’s vita-mix, I can use the little grapes that grow on our fences – green from one neighbor, purple from the other, and neither of them uses the grapes! They are the ones with the little seeds, so I would maybe eat just a few & that’s it, but the vita-mix pulverizes seeds. I’m set! I love the grape leaves for wrapping things in, too, but now I’m thinking of trying them in green smoothies, too! Summer is getting better all the time :)

jen – you would think eh? – Your green smoothie sounds nice. I made a green juice once and added a little beet. It went from this wonderful green, to this skummy browny colour! It looked totally gross. Still tasted nice!!

RUBARB JUICED. Hmmm, interesting!! Mix it with strawberries and it would be like drinking pie!!! :)

Drinking pie! :D HAHAHAHA!!!!! That’s great – On our way running errands this afternoon, Superman & I were thinking of ways we could use the rhubarb juice (including with agave & maybe water to make a sort of lemonade). Strawberry-rhubarbade sounds perfect! Now if only I could juice nuts, I’d have a crust :P Or how about a raw strawberry rhubarb cheesecake?! Hmmmm…too bad we only have one plant. :)

Okay, I went and picked some rhubarb…and rhubarb cheesecake is now in the freezer for tomorrow. I’m going to make a strawberry sauce to go on top. Thanks for inspiring me!

ang do you know if rhubarb is related to celery? we used to grow it when i was kid! your cheesecake sounds devine…im on my faux tuna kick again,I must be needing something in carrots and celery….ive been craving thos e tow othings like crazy…

ive also been on a cilantro kick lately, ive eaten the sarma cialntro shake now daily for weeks! its why that little rodent eating my cilantro made me so mad! the rodent has moved onto the chicken house though, guess he finds their ground corn way easier to get and more tastey.

Went in to sticker shock at the store the other day….anyone else wanna renounce their citizenship? gads!

yesterday was the horse dentist , today is the horse manacurist( hoof trimmer) its all about the ponys lately! ;) later gators.

om – I don’t think they’re related? That means I’m totally clueless… :) heehee glad I can help you out! As far as prices…I haven’t noticed any big difference in the foods I buy, but then I haven’t been shopping for much except fruits & veggies lately. I got a receipt on Tuesday you would’ve been proud of – with nothing over $3! It wasn’t planned; I was just buying whatever produce was on sale, but when I looked at the receipt I noticed it & thought of you :)

I’m going to be busy making food today – we’re going to a cabin at a lake for a family fishing trip, so we’ll be leaving tomorow morning and coming back Sunday. I’ve been stressing over making sure I have enough food with me for 3 days! Last night I made banana nut pancakes & the rhubarb cheesecake (that’s a freezer thing only, but I’ll eat some of it today & have something waiting for me when we get home Sunday), as well as a base for some crackers – I’ll just have to add flax & dehydrate. Today I’m also planning to make salad dressing, avocado chocolate pudding or pie, strawberry syrup for my rhubarb cheesecake, marinara, guacamole, Asian sauce for broccoli, hazelnut milk, & kale salad. Also cut up veggies for salads, & fruit to eat & to make a green smoothie before we leave tomorrow morning. Yikes! What am I doing on the computer?! I also need to do some laundry. I’ll check back later:)

oh fun angie! i love lakes now that im a huge chicken sh*t in the ocean….lakes dont cause me to itch like salt water does either, of course the mosquitos like to feast on me! we head to lake arrowhead later next month with Tims family…ill be in the same food dilemma planning on living on fresh veggies and green smoothies, ill probobly take my vita mix with me and my staple “untuna” everyone else will eat slop im sure! yay on your reciept its the little things in life! teehee

going out with my gal pal michele tonight, she and I are going to have a little girl time as hubbys are both indisposed…is it wrong to really enjoy times like these? batts eyes innocently. i remember when i was younger in relationships ( and hugely codependant) and i was not digging the alone time and didnt look forward to gal time much either….its great to get old in some ways…all that “I need, I need” stuff gets the boot..to much energy! grin…..dont get me wrong love my hubby, have a blast with hubby but sometimes nice to have some space. well gotta run, have a great trip with superman angie….take care of yourself!

all you other sproutlings, till later!

• Ang : Hope all is well with your trip.

OM : Nothing wrong with a little GIRL TIME…. I find that when I take a little time away from the wife that I come back recharged and full of life.

Speaking of full of life me and the wife had a great time at SCREEN on THE GREEN… we ate marinated cabbage, stuffed mushrooms, and avocado salad with some vegan wine by FREY VINEYARDS.. <good stuff… also some raw chocolate… You should have saw the people trying to figure out what we were eating…. We had a great time but once the night time hit we both fell alseep thru the movie and woke up wondering where the hell we were.

PEACE

• Ang : Hope all is well with your trip.

OM : Nothing wrong with a little GIRL TIME…. I find that when I take a little time away from the wife that I come back recharged and full of life.

Speaking of full of life me and the wife had a great time at SCREEN on THE GREEN… we ate marinated cabbage, stuffed mushrooms, and avocado salad with some vegan wine by FREY VINEYARDS.. <good stuff… also some raw chocolate… You should have saw the people trying to figure out what we were eating…. We had a great time but once the night time hit we both fell alseep thru the movie and woke up wondering where the hell we were.

PEACE

ardes, you and your woman are just to cute!!! your picnic sounds devine too, ive tried frey vinyard wines, not to shabby( or should i say “chablis”!hahahha i kill me!(alf throwback) try their shiraz, kinda peppery, but yummy with pasta and mushrooms( yes, the raw kind!) what movie did you sleep through? sounds like my hub and I, we are such suckers for late night…new years is like that… we last till 9:30 then we fall alseep watching the times square thingy wake up kiss and go to bed….sooooo sad! teeheee ah old age! teehee thanks for sharing ardes, you sound like you have a nice life, i mean it, you all seem like good people with a fine life…enjoy, kick up your heels and all that… night night all, its getting past my beddybytime!!

• OM = Thanks, we do the same on New years which happens to be my birthday also , so for the last 6 years for some reason I always end up by myself on that day not sure why but it seems to just pan out that way. We slept through BIG mamas house, next week they are playing Chicago. You say the shiraz huh, I love a peppery wine. For some reason the package store only has the one flavor merlot, but I am on the look out for the shiraz.

Garden update: Well I am pissed as all get out, I arrived home yesterday to find that the termite guy didn’t bother to move my garden out of the way before he did his silly drilling and now I have concrete residue all over my plants. What should I do about this. It really hurt to see this when I arrived home. It just seems that he would have moved the plant boxes a few feet away.

Hey, guess what… I live in the town where the Frey winery is! Well, I mean the winery is actually a few miles outside town, but you get the picture. ;o)

Great new pic, ardes! You two always look so radiantly happy. I remember you said you’ve been together a long time… it’s really cool to see a long-term couple still so obviously in love. My hubby & I have been together 19 years next month (holy crap that blows my mind) and we’re finally in a place where we’re back in love. It was a hard road for a while. But I gotta say, totally worth it.

And om, you nailed it… girl time is CRUCIAL. Hehehe ;o)

Love to all. Happy Friday!