Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

What You Ate Today

Comments

• Big bowl of watermelon

Green smoothie (kale, banana, green grapes, apple)

Another bowl of watermelon

Another green smoothie (same)

Nectarine

Salad (spinach, tomato, red pepper, olives, ACV, olive oil, sea salt, black pepper, dill)

Summer squash

• sv3sv3 Raw Newbie

So far today:

melon smoothie

3 cups green grapes

salad of cucumbers, toms, sweetcorn, red pepper + bean pate

apple

banana

Will probably have couscous + steamed veg for dinner and no doubt my beloved raw ice cream before bed. :-)

• Hello everyone! I FEEL GREAT!! I finally FEEL like raw foodist! I joined the 100 day challenge at rawfu.com; and yesterday allowed myself a veggie sandwich. That was my only cooked food. ANYWAY I wanted to interject that I feel awesome, energetic, very happy, and clearER minded already! It's only day 4! Yippee!!!

Today I've listened to my body and got a BUNCH of baby spinach. I put it in a huge bowl and ate it like popcorn. But of course it tasted MUCH better than that. Om nom nom nom.

3 bananas

3 oranges

1 apple

handful of grapes here and there

dinner of zucchini,avocado, and HOMEGROWN tomato(deLISH!!) and corn on the cob.

Today was an easy and tasty day to be raw! I wish the same to everyone else!

• sv3sv3 Raw Newbie

That's great chattanoog! Glad to hear things are going so well for you.

So far today I've had:

Smoothie: banana, frozen berries + mango, spinach

Apple

2 Plums

Salad of lettuce, cucumber, toms, sweetcorn and black olives

for my afternoon snack I have another apple + a banana

Got friends staying this weekend so preparing a (cooked) butternut squash + quinoa chilli for dinner. Not raw I know, but will serve with my flax crackers as gently trying to educate them on raw. I have made lots of raw crackers, dips + side dishes to serve over the weekend so they will be eating more raw than they even realise. :-)

• swayzeswayze Raw Newbie

That's great, chattanoog! Your spinach "noms" reminded me of this cute vid:

Hehe,

Swayze

• RawaholicRawaholic Raw Newbie

That's wonderful to hear chattanoog! Very few people today seem to hold a true appreciation the delicious green leafy that is spinach.

Swayze, I loved the youtube! So cute!

Yesterday I had:

- 2 slices of Spanish Honeydew Melon

- 2 cups Pineapple (sliced)

- 1 Kiwi

- 1 Peach

- 4 Bananas

- 4 Brazilian FIgs

- 3 Spanish Plums

- Smoothie (banana, strawberry, orange)

- 1 cup Read and Green Grapes

- 2 Clementines

- 2 cups Tomato (chopped)

- 1 cup Cucumber (chopped)

- 5 large Mangos

- 1/2 kg. of Sweet Cherries

Today: don't know yet! :D We shall see.

• I'm more of a grazer. Let's see:

1/4 cantaloupe

4 bananas

10 dates

Banana-peach green smoothie

Banana-kiwi green smoothie

2 carrots

Mushrooms, romaine, and spinach with 1/4 avocado

steamed sweet potato (my one vice, hopefully the last. It was awful)

handful of cherry tomatoes

2 tbsp goji berries

stem of grapes

YUM!

For those of you wondering, I'm following Grahama's 80-10-10. This was 86.9% carbs, 7.9% protein, and 5.3% fat.

Same here! I love 80-10-10 and I really don't understand why this isn't more well known, It should be though.

• I think this is my first post here! I keep retrying RAW - this is my record so far - this is day 8.

Brazil nut milk + frozen bananas + cinnamon = awesome milk shake

Earth balls (from the Green and Crunchy blog)

Lettuce wraps with "tuna"

Ani Phyo's breakfast toast w/ almond butter and banana

Bubbies pickles

Green smoothie - Kale, banana, blueberries, flax seed, hempseed.

• sv3sv3 Raw Newbie

So far today I've had:

melon smoothie (honeydews are still on offer so I can't refuse!)

carrot + hummus

salad of lettuce, cucumber, baby plum toms, sweetcorn, black olives and a slice of buckwheat bread

my pm snack will be:

apple + banana

Dinner will be a veggie stir fry followed by banana + mango sorbet.

• I have been munching canteloupe all day. On special and SO GOOD!!

Made some "Squash Patties" for tonight which I'll have over salad greens with tomato.

• RawKarenRawKaren Raw Newbie

So far today: (decided to post to keep me motivated).....

Juice - watercress, limes, cucumber and apples

2 bananas

Two slices of crispy onion bread with pine nut 'cheese'

10 cherry tomatoes

2 large prunes

• day 14 on my raw journey! it hasn't been 100% - i faltered a bit at days 11, 12 and 13 - but none of the stuff i had was good enough to make me glad i'd done it. in fact, after each bit of non-rawness (always vegan, i've been vegan 5 years) i felt queasy. in fact, i just had a few sips of coffee (after 2 weeks w/o, having gone cold tofurkey) w/ agave and raw brazil nut milk and i got a nearly instantaneous migraine. so that's helpful!!

today, so far:

raw truffle

muesli: buckwheat, blueberries, apple, coconut, pumpkin seeds, brazil nut milk

milkshake: raw brazil nut milk + frozen bananas + cinnamon

1 un-raw, chocolate covered macadamia nut

coffee (vomit)

i see veggies in my future. something involving kale. maybe some kelp noodles. we'll see!!

• today:

2 plums

lettuce, heirloom tomatoes, cukes w/ "tuna" - http://thesunnyrawkitchen.blogspot.com/2007/09/recipe-of-week-tuna-salad.html

smoothie - banana, mango, pineapple-coconut juice (juice wasn't raw, i was out and about)

this brings me to 716 cals and 14g of protein and 29g of fat (the tuna, clearly) - i was thinking about a milkshake later (raw nut milk and frozen bananas brings me an extra 500cals, 10g protein and 19g of fat) - other suggestions?

i bought 7.7 lbs of bananas today for $.75 :D

eta: i just had 2 small bananas w/ 1 cup brazil nut milk and a serving of hemp protein powder. better!

• So far...

Asian pears (fresh picked)

plums (fresh picked)

wild blackberries (fresh picked)

green smoothie

apple/celery juice

apple/carrot/ginger juice

Later for dinner will likely have broiled asparagus with squirt of lemon, maybe some organic cooked winter squash if I'm still hungry, half a glass of wine, and don't know what else yet! I'll definitely be stuffing my face with more fresh picked wild blackberries tonight for dessert!!!

I've been really lucky where I live this summer. It's my first summer here in Oregon since I moved from NY to FL to ID to FL again and now OR! Definitely sticking on the west coast for now. Can't beat the nature, wildlife, freedom, big blue skies, and so much more. Where else can the howl of coyotes lull me to sleep at night, where the moon shines so clear and bright in the pitch blackness of the country. Anyway, so far I have been able to indulge in fresh picked tomatoes and strawberries from the garden, trees full of cherries and 2 varieties of plums, nashi pears, and brambles and bushes full of loads of wild blackberries out back. I wonder what else is going to pop up?!

- Papaya pudding (4 cups papaya, juice 1/2 a lime, 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract)

- 5 cups watermelon

- Salad :

~ 4 cups mix of romaine and butterhead lettuce

~ 1/2 cup cucumber

~ 3 spears of asparagus

~ 1 cup tomato

~1/4 cup mung bean sproats

~ Guacamole (1/2 an avocado, spring onion, red bell pepper, garlic, lemon juice, white pepper, and real salt)

- 1 banana, 4 medjool dates

- Smoothie:

~ 2 cups choppd mango

~ 3 bananas

~ 1/2 cup blueberries

~ stevia, cinnamon, maca, acai/pomegranate/goji powder, lucuma, vanilla extract

• joannabananajoannabanana Raw Newbie

rawaholic, your whole day sounds absolutely delicious!!

It was! :D

• sv3sv3 Raw Newbie

Yesterday I had

melon smoothie

apple + handful of raisins

salad of lettuce, cucumber, cherry toms, sweet corn, black olives + orange/mango juice dressing

banana chips

apple + handful of raisins

bean chilli (cooked) + salsa/guac

Today so far:

Melon smoothie

3 cups red grapes

same salad as yesterday (simple but delish)

I have a banana for later then doing a quinoa risotto with green beans and s'dried toms for dinner.

• luxdivonluxdivon Raw Newbie

Yesterday..

2 plums

1 apple

1 pear for a snack

coffee w/ agave + cinnamon,clove

got off work early, grabbed a PRO Bar, and a chocolate coffee lara bar.

http://www.worldpantry.com/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/ProductDisplay?prmenbr=1324037&prrfnbr=1368762

that's the website for the ingredients on the PRO bar. it's not raw.. but it's my concession food. I eat them frequently because it has indeed a good portion raw, and I'm lazy, so I can by them down the street on my work break. I would love to develop a 100% raw recipe very similar to this. It gives me sustained energy, and I always feel good after I eat them. It does have that damn soy lecithin in it thou. grrr..

At home -

Pepper, Mango, Kiwi, Onion, Cucumber with a lime vinaigrette.

Pistachios! more snacking.

Late night - had a blueberry, banana, spinach smoothie.

This morning so far..

Delicious smoothie my fiancee threw together, which included coconut meat.

Coconut water.

Banana.

coffee

• So far today:

Breakfast:

Green Smoothie - 2 cups baby spinach, 1 banana, 1/2 cup frozen blueberries + 1 scoop of Green Vibrance superfood

Snack - handful of raw cashews and raisins

Lunch - 1 avocado, 2 bananas smashed up with a splash of soy milk (not raw!) topped with almonds

Snack - handful of raw cashews and raisins

Dinner - probably Subway salad - you can build your own salad - it's great and affordable! YUM!

LOTS of water!

• joannabananajoannabanana Raw Newbie

1 cantaloupe

smoothie of 2 bananas, 7 strawberries, and 3 handfuls of spinach

cherry pie larabar

smoothie of 4 bananas and 3 cups grapes

i've noticed ever since going raw, my endurance for anything physical is insane! i did a 25 miles bike ride for the first time today!!! last year, i couldn't even ride 3 miles without being out of breath. i love life : )

• slow day today so far - i ate some cooked stuff yesterday and this morning i woke up with a migraine, sinus pain, and horrible jaw pain. in an attempt to quell the horrifying pain, i had some coffee (after a hot shower and a power nap) w/ soy milk and sugar (i haven't had that much caffeine in almost 3 weeks - i was desperate).

i've also had 2 or 3 of the earth balls from the green and crunchy blog. i think my next meal will involve juicing something, and i've got some of ani phyo's cheeze stuffed peppers in the dehydrator. a "milkshake" will also be involved. (again, frozen bananas + raw almond milk + cinnamon)

• ooh i just had only 1/2 my milkshake and gave myself a tummy ache. sad!

• zinfandelzinfandel Raw Newbie

@appi- a lot of people's digestive systems can't handle the high fat raw. make sure the fat isn't repeatedly causing you tummy aches :) *hugs*

• wild blackberries

mango/banana/carrot juice smoothie

baked winter squash, plain

baked yam, plain

baby garden tomatoes

• so far this morning I had a whole crenshaw melon, they are so good. Waiting till I'm hungry and then I will have a pineapple, mango, romaine, smoothie. Yummy

• I had so many things to do today (driving my parents to the airport, meeting my friend, continue writing my final theses for university.....) so there was nothing special to eat for today, but it still tasted good :-)

Breakfast: 2 Bananas

Lunch: Salad: lamb's lettuce with carrots and red bell pepper

Afternoon: Coffee with my friend (yeah I know.... but did really enjoy that small cup) & lime sorbet

Dinner: 2 leftover stuffed mushrooms from yesterday, gazpacho, banana

I just started being raw a couple of days ago and I have to admit that the first two days were awful! I was so hungry all the time and felt ill, but now it is so different. Sometimes I really have to "force" myself to eat something. Did you experience the same?

• luxdivonluxdivon Raw Newbie

hmm.. today..

1 banana

Coffee with agave + cinnamon

Figs galore

Pistachios (about 1 cup)

1 peach

1 carrot

Kombucha

cashew cookie lara bar

and then I was still hungry, and knew I would be eating them with my raw veggies tommorow

Garden of Eatin Chile & Lime white corn chips. (i had about 10 chips.)

2 bananas..

Still to eat dinner..although i'm really tired(from cleaning like a madwoman last night awake till 4am), so i might just go to sleep...

• thanks zinfandel :) my dad and i both seem to have fat issues, but those normally don't do it.