Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

What You Ate Today

Comments

• swayzeswayze Raw Newbie

I ate lots of apples when I first went raw (mostly giant fujis from Fresh Market, but also honeycrisp). I tend to stay away from apples now, but I've been eating more of them this Fall.

Pears are pretty good, too, but I have to peel them. The texture of the skin is just too weird for me!

Swayze

• superfood2superfood2 Raw Newbie

About 4 c. blueberries

4 HONEYCRISP apples (Yes, I love them, too. :))

1 pear

1 whole papaya

2 Champagne mangoes

4 c. strawberries

10 c. spinach

10 c. spring mix

5 c. frisee

• sv3sv3 Raw Newbie

smoothie - pineapple juice, banana, spinach

apples

more apples accompanied by walnuts, raisins, cinnamon & soya yoghurt

buckwheat porridge with blueberries

later on my BF is cooking so it'll be stir fried veggies with rice

dessert will probably be banana whip as it's been a little while since my last fix!

I'm really loving organic Valencia oranges right now. Whole Foods has them in 4lb bags for $4. My supermarket sells conventional 4lb bags for $3.49, so it's definitely worth the little extra.

Best OJ EVER! :D

Swayze

• sv3sv3 Raw Newbie

pineapple, mixed berry and spinach smoothie

slice of buckwheat bread (Russell James' recipe - v good!)

mixed apples/raisins/walnuts/soy yoghurt/cinnamon

couple of bananas

having a veg & sweet potato thai curry for dinner and then banana whip for dessert. Perfect!

• joannabananajoannabanana Raw Newbie

meal 1- smoothie of 4 bananas, 3 oranges, and 1/2 pineapple- i've been really tropical lately... if it even makes sense to describe myself as tropical PAAHAHAH

meal 2- applesauce of 3 apples (2 golden delicious and 1 granny smith) with 6 pitted dates (the crappy packaged ones- where are all my gorgeous medjools this time of year?)

snack- 1 banana

meal 3- huge salad of half head of lettuce, 6 cups spinach, 3 cups spaghetti squash, sesame oil, 1 big tomato, some onion, and sea salt

meal 4- smoothie of 3 bananas, 8 pitted dates, and 2 cups grapes

exercise today- 1 hour cycling and about 1 hr 15 min of abs, upper body, and powerlifting

• AVLAVL Raw Newbie

joannabanana - I had some medjool dates today that were TO DIE FOR! They melted in my mouth as soon as I put them in, they were so soft and sweet. I was thinking of you as I was eating them because I know how much you love dates!

avl, i've been so sad without them!! my grocery store only has the hard, crunchy ones in the packages- nothing like fresh dates. i just love the flavor they give my banana smoothies- add a little saigon cinnamon and it is heavenly.

i associate you with melons!! haha

• AVLAVL Raw Newbie

Ha Ha!!! It's funny how we associate people on this site with certain foods :)

It would be funny if we all met and we'd be like "oh, so you're the one that eats all the bananas. And you, you're the one that likes green smoothies...Hi, I'm the one that eats tons of melon"

• sv3sv3 Raw Newbie

Yesterday:

banana & blueberry almond milk shake

apples with soya yoghurt and raisins

falafal

sunflower & pumpkin seed, goji berries and cranberries

carrot & hummus

sweet potato wedges, crazy bread crackers (off this site), coleslaw and a side salad

champagne (it's my 30th tomorrow so was celebrating!)

Today I was feeling rough so went a little off the rails:

jacket potato with baked beans

crackers with salsa & hummus

apples with soya yoghurt and raisins

crisps

popcorn

peanut bar

veggie thai green curry & rice

Ooh, can I be "the girl who picks her own peaches"??? :D

Swayze

• GulayG1rlGulayG1rl Raw Jr. Superstar

Breakfast: muesli with dried cranberries and soy milk

Lunch: Tribeca mushroom "pizza" and a strawberry shake (no soy milk)

Snack: cashew crunch and plain cashews and a mango papaya shake (no soy milk)

Dinner: marinated portobello mushrooms, sprouts, and cashew nut spread *plus* another mango papaya shake (I love the blender!)

Snack: banana

• camiheartsrawcamiheartsraw Raw Newbie

yesterday was a green smoothie, 2 bananas for snack, "better than mashed potatoes" and a salad for lunch, and I went on an eating spree when I got home (not enough calories) and ate coconut meat, a little "raw" cacao bar, and raw cucumber tahini soup (yum) for dinner.

Today:

green smoothie with some macadamia nuts to hopefully cut off the calorie problem, grapes for a snack, a yummy salad with celery, carrots, zuchini, and a tiny bit of onion in a raw lemon marinade I whipped up over kale and arugula. Snack will probably be a pear and more grapes and I'm planning on either raw taco "meat" and pomegranite guac on a portabello mushroom or carrot/squash raw soup. Maybe both! :)

Somebody who was vegan asked me if I was losing my hair yet as she did after 6 months and it made me a little nervous... I think it was an iron/b12 issue :P

• AVLAVL Raw Newbie

Sure swayze, you can be the girl who picks her own peaches! And lulushka8, you can be the girls who is raw 3/4 of the year!

• sv3sv3 Raw Newbie

I am still suffering from lack of sleep and drinking too much champagne on Sat night. Feel so spaced out and sluggish. Been juicing lots to try and get more energy.

Today I've had:

Juice - carrot & apple

Juice - celery, cucumber, apple, lemon and ginger

Chopped apples, raisins, buckwheaties and cashews covered in soya yoghurt

later I'll have a banana and dates before Zamba.

Dinner will be soup of some kind.

• sv3sv3 Raw Newbie

Yeah - I just started classes last week! It's great fun and a real workout too. I couldn't stop laughing at how silly I looked and how my body kept doing totally different thing to what my brain was telling it to do! I'd def recommend it!

ok yesterday was a crap day. i ate ramen noodles!!! ahahaha i don't feel guilty about it because they tasted amazing, but i am going shopping for some food today. it's always whenever i'm out of food i go for what my family usually eats.

• sv3sv3 Raw Newbie

Melon - wasn't as sweet as I'd hoped

apples, buckwheaties, cashews, raisins & hemp seeds topped with soya yoghurt

banana & raisins

couple of dates

For dinner I'm having curried soup. YUM!

• Breakfast - fresh pineapple and fresh canteloupe melon

Lunch - celery, apple, grape and walnut salad with almond mayonnaise

Dinner - walnut & mushroom burger with kalamata olive tapenade and kale, avocado and tomato salad.

Bloody lovely!

• gemmaray I want what you had!

- lots of water

- a cup of hot lemon water with lavender honey

- a white tea with vanilla

- two apples

- spinach, wakame, sea spaghetti, rosemary, avocado, vine tomatoes, purple sprouting broccoli, hemp seeds, lemon juice, olive oil, himalayan salt

- a small organic banana

- chopped banana, cherimoya and blueberries with chocolate sauce (agave, cacao powder)

- more blueberries and chocolate sauce

why don't I always eat raw?

lulushka, it makes me so happy when i see you've eaten sharon fruit!!! we haven't had them in the grocery store since august. i miss them : (

i hope you like the applesauce. i basically eat it every day. if i use medjools, i only need 2 or 3 (with 3-4 apples- depends how big the medjools and apples are). if i'm using crappy packaged dates, then i use 6.

so far today...

smoothie of 3 bananas, 2 cups grapes, and a crapload of spinach.

i'm so full from that so i won't be eating for a while. i'm working on a diabetes presentation about how sugar does not cause diabetes. it's really interesting!! back in the roman times, doctors would drink diabetic's pee to see if it tasted like honey- that's why they thought sugar was the cause. it was called "sweet urine." i can't wait to tell my class about this hahaha

• hannahmariehannahmarie Raw Newbie

yesterday:

9 C grapes

2 persimmons

5 bananas

8 medjool dates

11 cups spinach

• ^ I would like it if doctors still had to do that!

I did quite well today considering the circumstances. My sister and I have been making a hazelnut meringue layer cake for my Mum's birthday so I had to try the components to check that they were okay, I only had the tiniest bits. Then my parents came back from Italy with a box of beautiful chocolates, of which I had two, a pistachio one and a praline.

Other than that I've had:

an apple

a pear

handfuls of blueberries

a slice of melon

a really huge salad with rocket, red chard, lamb's lettuce, radish sprouts, spirulina, cold-pressed sunflower oil, fleur de sel

That doesn't seem like much food but I'm stuffed.

• superfood2superfood2 Raw Newbie

I had about 8 glasses (10 oz each) of kale, romaine, and celery juice and 16 or so bananas. I want to do at least one all juice day but I'm lacking the willpower right now. :)

superfood, even 1 day is challenging!! my main reason is that i hate wasting so much fruit/veggies. i also wouldn't be keen on bringing a gallon of juice with me to school.

your diet is so great now though so i doubt you even need a juice fast. it feels like such an accomplishment at the end of the first day though, so good luck!

• RawaholicRawaholic Raw Newbie

yesterday went well. During the colder months I definitely noticed a shift in my food cravings. During the summer all I ate really was fruit (breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snacks) with the occasional green juice or salad. Now I have fruit for breakfast, dinner, and snacks, but I have to have a HUGE green salad for lunch, otherwise I start to crave cooked food.

joannabanana, I can't wait to tell my mom about the diabetes pee thing. LOL. :)

yesterday:

- 34 oz. bottled water

- 2 C. apple chopped with 4 medjool dates and cinnamon blended with water for a dressing (this is my new obsession since mangos went out of season in my area. I have had it for breakfast for almost a week now!)

- salad (2 C. butterhead lettuce, 2 C. red leaf lettuce, 2 C. spinach, 2 C. alfalfa sprouts, 1/4 C. fenugreek sprouts, 2 C. diced tomato mixed w/dried basil, and garlic, 1/4 C. red onion, 1/2 a cucumber, 4 celery sticks, and some nutritional yeast)

- 6 C. chopped pineapple, a mandarin, and 1 C. whole strawberries

- 12 oz. cranberry kombocha

• RawaholicRawaholic Raw Newbie

Today I didn't feel like eating all that much, but I knew that today was going to be busy and I needed the calories, so I compromised and drank juice, water, and kombocha! :)

I really think my digestive track just needed a rest, especially with all the stress I've been under lately. Right now I'm getting ready to go to bed and I just feel so light, calm, and comfortable (physically and mentally). I had a steady stream of energy all day with no mood swings. I woke up feeling good, went through the day feeling very happy, took karate and found out I was WAY more flexible than I thought I was, came home feeling REALLY happy, and I am going to bed feeling wonderful.

This is what happens when you listen to your body.

- 34 oz of water

- 4 oz. ginger kombocha

- fruit juice (promegranate, orange, & grape blended with ice and raw honey)

- 4 oz ginger kombocha

-17 oz water

- fruit juice (beet, carrot, pineapple blended with ice)

- 17 oz water

- a 1 oz shot of wheatgrass + green juice (apple, pear, celery, kale, and lemon blended with spirulina and ice)

- more water until I go to bed

• sv3sv3 Raw Newbie

Been away for a long weekend so been out of my usual routine. Having said that, I did manage to eat loads of fruit, some soaked nuts/seeds and a bit of salad. I also didn't binge on naughty foods which I sometimes do when I'm away.

Today I've had:

Buckwheat porridge with blueberries

Carrot, cucumber & red pepper with hummus

Apple with a few raisins

Carob pod

Tonight I'm going out for dinner so my will power will be tested yet again!

lulushka8 - you gotta try the buckwheat porridge - it's the best!

sv3, just curious but how much hummus do you eat?? i've noticed when i do eat it, i could eat half a package or even a whole one if i felt like it. i don't have much restraint because it's so delicious.

• KittyKitty Raw Newbie

Same here..garlic hummus is too good. I had to stop buying it.