Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Join me for a Master Cleanse, Friday, the 25th!

Comments

• Just thought I’d send out a little support to you Marysia! You had a long day… be kind to yourself! You are doing great! Remember that those less fun detoxing moments go over and it is so worth it! Boy, I had a rough day yesterday (although not on the MC but just detoxing in general).... but today I feel 100% fantastic. So drink your lemonade in the bathtub or with a good book and know it is temporary! Good luck!!!

• greeniegreenie Raw Newbie

I’m starting a fast/cleanse – Master Cleanse and also some juice. I’d really prefer a juice feast but I’m too lazy to do all that juicing. Today is day 1. Yay!

• northernlights Girl! You ARE my soul sistah! After I vented on the site, I went and did exactly that- soaked in the tub (epspon salt love) with my book, some jazz and just reeelaaxed, let it all go. And yes, I had my lemonade right there with me! Thanks a lot for your support! It means a lot! :) Hey- did you see that mexican enchillada lasagna recipe? It sounds like one of those rich, exquisite raw dishes/ special dinners/ that make you feel like there is nothing more delicious than raw food. I made a raw enchillada a couple weeks back and ended up having my non raw husband devour it all! :) Hold tight girl, you’re a rock star!

• deborahanndeborahann Raw Newbie

Glad to see you pulled through Marysia. I do not fast well at all, either. My 1st was the Blessed Herb Cleanse and I had days I thought I was going to die I felt so bad. It also turned into one of the busiest, most hectic, stressful weeks of the entire summer! (8/07) but I felt the best I’d ever felt after finishing and then blew it at breaking the fast and was back on junk. This juice feast is much easier and today hunger was minimal. No severe detox and if it does occur, I hope its on the weekend! Hopefully tomorrow you will feel better and just think of all the junk you are clearing!
    Greenie- Good Luck! You are right about the work involved. I’m scared I am going to burn up my Greenstar! I am getting a bit faster, but I bet I spend at least 2 hrs juicing + cleanup. Thank goodness my hubby is helping with that, but he’ll be leaving for a week around the 15th and I’m on my own! Produce cleaning isn’t too much fun either but at least I can do some of that at work on short breaks.

• Thanks for your support deborahann! Today, I feel better. I feel weak, but I am changing my attitude. No more feeling sorry for myself- after all, this is my choice and its worth it! Somehow, its gets much harder in the early evenings. But Im determined to make it at least a few more days..and hopefully 10. I’ve read about juice feasting and it seems to be awsome! Im looking forward to hearing more about how you like it. You must live in a warm place if you can get fresh, good produce, right?

• Day 3 was sooo much easier! I had plenty of energy this morning and ended up cleaning my kitchen,fridge, etc. I went skiing in the afternoon, and I even made my husband an omlette! I was actually excited about making him food (this is pretty rare), but I felt no temptation. It was nice to be around food, smelling it.. teehee.

I do have one question to any of you who have done an MC before. My eliminations consist of practically nothing- just lemon pulp and cayenne liquid. Does this mean that I am all cleaned up inside?? Or does it mean its stuck? Would love some insight on this! Thanks!

I think attitude is extremely important and I really didn’t think so until I consciously made an effort to be positive. I tend to be very hard on myself and downright mean! I am MUCH happier being nice to myself and it has really made a difference in my whole outlook. David Wolfe (Sunfood Diet Success System) has some awsome chapters on this self-help type of stuff. That is the most important part of his book,I think. The juice feast is going very well. I am hardly hungry, have good energy and am dropping retained fluid like crazy (YEAH)! I wish I could help you on the elimination problem. I am using enemas if I just don’t go but I prefer to use a colon corrective . So far I have actually been moving pretty normal. My pH is really coming up during the day. Still a bit low in the am. Hope tomorrow goes as well for you.

• Marysia: :) That is wild that you were doing just that… bath, book etc! I love it!!! So fun to read your post! :) I know that mexican lasagna recipe looks SO delicious!! I really want to make some mexican recipes here but I can’t get raw corn here!! It is such a drag… I have no idea what could be substituted for corn… and I LOVE mexican food. Salsa and guacamole are staples in this house! I am so glad to hear about your successful day 3! I love those raw food happy times! I am still going strong on my 100% raw month (day 11 now). Although I had one God-awful craving for fried chicken last night… mamma mia. It is a very good thing that there is no take out where I live otherwise it is very possible that I would have succumbed to temptation! And to fried chicken?!! I have no idea where that came from. Of course a new morning brings the new raw happiness :) And the wonderful results! I gained 5 lbs in MN at Christmastime eating just that… fried chicken… and I have lost 10 (!) in the last two weeks. I am getting married on the 18th of March in the Canary Islands so I am looking forward to showing off my raw glow in my wedding dress! Not to mention bikini…. ;) Keep inspiring us with news of your fast!

• Thanks! I am glad to hear that you energy is great and that you are feeling awsome and not hungry! Rock on! You know, I ordered David Wolfe’s book not too long ago.. cant wait for it to arrive!

Day 4 has been sweet! I had most of my lemonade earlier in the day, and I have not been feeling hungry! I also had pretty good, stable energy and I was so productive! Its funny how much one can get done in a day when one is not eating or preparing food. hmm.

As for the eliminations- I stand corrected. I wake up at 5am or so every night with cramps and that BM always produces lots of exciting stuff. It happened again last night, when I thought I had nothing left in me. Somehow, my day time eliminations had me fooled. Oh, was I wrong! hehe!

By the way, deborahann, how long are you doing this for?

• Haha! We were posting at the same time! Great job on day 4!! Where can I read more about this Master cleanse? It sounds challenging but great!

• Hey Northerlights! I was happy to see you online! Yes, I am doing SO much better! Phew!
    There is a book called “Master Cleanser” and it is actually available to download for free. Here is the link:
    http://www.geocities.com/hotsprings/spa/7244/ma…

It will probably answer all of your questions. There is also an informative thread on page 14 of this forum called “ALL ABOARD join me for a master cleanse..” I think its helpful to read it as well. There are some people who share their experience with it, and they said that after the MC it was so easy to transition onto 100% raw foods. That is kind of why I am doing it- I am hoping to get the detox out of the way in these 10 days. Also, apparently it is just an incredibly healthy and beneficial fast. 10 days is the minimum, but people with diabetes and other severe ilnesses were able to cure them after 30 days on it (which I cant even begin to imagine! :) Anyways, check it out! :)

By the way, how are you doing? I remember you saying that the other day was kind of tough for you?

• Thanks :) I posted about me right at the same time you posted about your day 4 (!).. so you probably missed my reply… I wrote:

Marysia: :) That is wild that you were doing just that

• Wow! Congradulations on your wedding!! My husband and I will be celebrating our 2 year wedding anniversary TOMMOROW! In the canary islands no less! Fabulous! Youll get out of the winter chill- that will be so sweet! And I bet youll be surrounded by incredible fruit!!

As for the corn, I cant find any raw corn either this time of the year. But frozen corn works really well. Although I hear its blanched…

Regarding your friend chicked craving, as I was reading syptoms of detox, I read that actually we begin to crave things that we are detoxing! So maybe that makes sense!

I also thought I would make note of my physical changes on MC so far: Ive deffinetly lost weight (I dont have a scale but I would say Ive lost maybe 3-4 lbs? My pores have gotten smaller! Crazy, huh? * Much stronger sense of smell!

... I think thats it so far. Stay strong girl, you’re doing great! You are a goddess and you will glow and radiate on your wedding day! Congradulations!

Welcome! PrincessSITA- I am also doing a lenten cleanse, but I am doing a juice feast. I have a problem with getting alkaline and I think I really need all the green juice right now. I am aiming for Easter, Marysia, but I have in my mind to go 60. A screening heel scan last spring showed me at -0.9 and I was only 40 or 41 so I really need to remineralize. That is the very low end of normal, but I had been walking alot and lifting weights regularly. That’s a bit low for comfort at my age. I am still feeling good and have dropped 1lb per day of fluid and the body pain that was so severe after my junk food binge the last couple months of 07 is 80% better. It was about 50% better with just raw food.
    You know, Northerlights, I got the most severe cravings of my life after my 1st attempt at raw in 9/07. I did great for 2 wks, then BAM!, I wanted things I hadn’t eaten in years. I think it is a form of detox. I read blurb in 1 of Matt Monarchs books about a fellow who did that and gave up because he thought it was the diet. In any case it has not happened this year. I did a rosary novena for help….and it did!
    Glad to hear everyone is feeling OK today!

• Welcome princesSITA! I am in awe of you and deborahann who plan on doing such a long fast! Incredible! Good for you! You are both very strong!

• Happy Anniversary to you and your husband, Marysia! :) And thanks, I am really looking forward to my big day :) Well, this was very interesting about the cravings! Thanks also Debora for sharing about your experience with cravings. It was an unbelievable desire for chicken – something I have never in my life craved to eat before. So it is really interesting to learn that we can crave what we are detoxing AND that it is ultimately worth it to just work through it. I am so glad I didn’t give in. I feel like I am a recovering addict or something. But raw foods are the way! You go girls! I love reading about your progress on the cleanse. Marysia how many days have you done it now? And how many is your goal?

Enjoy your anniversary Marysia! My husband I just celebrated our 17th at the end of Dec. Time really flies. That Kenny Chesney song “Don’t Blink” isn’t kidding! So far I feel really good. I am waking up very early. I have my clock set for 4:45 but today I woke at 4:25. If I do that again, I’ll probably just get up and get juicing. I was afraid I’d need more sleep, but it has been less right now. That could change, though.
    PrincessSITA, Have you ever fasted or cleansed before? How were you at breaking it? The 1st 2 times I did short juice fasts with colon cleanses I couldn’t control myself but on the liver flush at the 1st of the yr., I did well. I am hoping since I am feeding my body a lot of actual nutrition, I won’t have such strong hunger, and I will be able to break the fast properly.

• Day 5 Today is a good day! I have to say that this whole thing has gotten SIGNIFICANTLY easier! I’m not even too worried about the organic garden conference I am going to and all the potluck dishes there, or even our guests that will come in a week, as I am transitioning! I did read that day 7 was hell, as our body goes through 7 day detox periods.. well have to see. I also did not have my smoothe move tea this morning because I had to teach all day and was worried Id be suffering from cramps and running back and forth to the bathroom. I may have a double teabag tonight. Its funny how our life can change a bit by not having food play such an important role. Today, during our lunch break I ended up contuining with a much needed deep cleaning of our home. Also, its our wedding anniversary and we wont be going to gorge ourselves and spending a lot of money on a fancy meal. Instead we’ll be transforming our home into a spa and I feel like that is such a more intimate way to spend an evening! So all is good! And you ladies, how are you holding up?

So far so good and enjoy your Home Spa Experience! I wonder if day 7 will be a problem for me. I will let you know tomorrow.

• coconuttycoconutty Raw Newbie

Oooooooooo-K… I really need to cleanse and I need some people to hold me to it!!! I’ve been under loads of stress lately and my eating has totally sucked and I feel like crap. I just need to get over it and break the cycle. I’ve done the MC a few times in the past and love how I feel afterwards. So I will start reducing my food intake and officially start this coming Friday (15th). Whew, ok I guess I set my date! Somebody better be ready to yell at me if I don’t start it!!!! LOL ;-)

• We’ll be here to support you coconutty!

Day 5 has come to an end and I am so jazzed that I am halfway through! Yippe!

deborahann Good luck on day 7, I hope it is a breeze of clean sweetness! ;)

• Day 6 is coming to an end and its been really good. However, I did wake up with burning BM this morning and now I know what all the other MC people were talking about. Also, my tongue is still coated with whiteness, which means that I am still detoxing. (I guess it is recommended to wait for the tongue to be pink & lovely before ending the MC) I am pretty sure I’m ending on day 10 no matter how white my tongue is. I’ve collected too many lovely recipes I want to try!

Other than that I got some mint tea (which is allowed in the MC) and it was SUCH a nice break from the lemonade. Man, Im really livin’ now! :)

deborahann have you survived day 7??

I survived, Marysia. I was more tired than usual, but I have been retiring at 10 or so and waking on my own at 4:30 or so. My hubby got back late last night and woke me at 11, and I woke up a couple of other times and still had to get up at 4:45, so I think that is why. I’m hitting the bed early tonight! I’m hoping to get some more exercise in tonight as I got of early due to a snow storm (YEAH).Good luck on your dreaded Day 7!

• You two are amazing! I am going to be starting a MC February 25th, and I just have a few questions. How much weight have you been losing? I’m worried that I’ll lose too much…
    Where did you find the right maple syrup? I’ve been looking all over (natural food store, grocery stores, corner stores!), and can’t find it! You need grade B, right? I’ve heard/read that agave can be used instead.
    Are you both working right now? I’m in school until May, and I’m worried an MC will negatively impact how productive I am.

• coconuttycoconutty Raw Newbie

I wouldn’t worry too much about the MC effecting your productivity… in the past the MC has increased my productivity beyond belief… I become superwoman!!! LOL he he ;-) The first few days will suck but after that it should be smooth sailing.

• Hello Kathrynintheraw, welcome! I think it is typical for people to loose about 1lb per day and that is exactly how much Ive lost. But, keep in mind, this is water weight. Most people gain back half of it, some (who want to make up for non eating times) gain back all. Make sure you read the MC book (available online via link that I posted earlier up) and there, you will see that people who dont want to loose as much weight can always add more maples syrup.

As for productivity, I think it depends on the person. coconutty is right on though about how the first few days are the worst, although I felt better on day 3. (You can read my entries above if you want details). I was pretty low energy the first 3 days, but I got more and more productive. I cleaned everything and re organized my house. Productivity def. spikes- you also have more time because you are not cooking, shopping, eating! But I have not been doing any vigorous excersize. Im the kind of person that if I do anything on an empty stomach, I get dizzy, so Ive been taking it pretty easy.

I have not had problems finding maple syrup but thats because I live in Vermont! But yes, they have another recipe in the book with agave and lime, I think…

GOOD LUCK! This thread and support group REALLY helps!!!

• Day 7 has started and I am a bit nervous since everyone says its the worst. Now, I feel fine, but last night sucked. I barely slept- I had about 7 BM and I could not fall asleep till 3 am and then I would get up every hour. :( I did get some extra sleep this morning since I dont have to work- Thank GOd!

Well, I am looking forward to transitioning off of this. Orange juice sounds like such a treat! :)

Well, I slept alot better and my alarm woke me this AM. I am still a bit tired, but not too bad. I managed to get a bit of wt lifting in last night. I am not supposed to lift to build, but I really need to maintain and it is my favorite form of exercise. I have really felt like walking, but there is no extra time. I have a horrible work schedule. I get there between 7:30 & 8 (lately more towards 8 due to juicing!),I get a long lunch because I come home to walk my dogs and stoke the fire (~2 hrs) then leave from work around 7 to come home. Thursday is my short day; I’m done at 5, and I work Sat a couple hrs and I have to be on call for my work M,W,F nights and when my boss is gone, it is every day :(. Luckily he doesn’t go away to often. I’d say my productivity hasn’t suffered because I physically feel much better and my focus and concentration are better.
    Kathrynintheraw, I also have been losing about 1 lb per day, but I was retaining in my tissues, a ton of fluid. I can also gain 10# in a few days when I start gorging on refined carbs and sugar as I did the end of last year. They are definitely the most toxic compounds for my body. I still haven’t dropped all of the fluid yet, but it has been a slow steady drop.
    Tomorrow is the big day for you coconutty! Good Luck

• Looks like I’m too late to join the fun… however, it’s both with now seeing the post and having already recently done a cleanse myself. Good luck to everyone participating or whom will in the future.

• Day 7 is coming to an end.. yes! Im seeing the light at the end of the tunnel and maaaan, do I want to reach it! I dreaded this day, but in fact, it was not so bad except for the more frequent, and burning BM. Also, I have a dull pain in my lower back and legs. I soaked in an Epson salt bath and that felt good. My energy has been good. I deffinatly did not exert myself though!

The garden conference I am going to will be a challenge. So much good, happy, organic food and veggies! I have to be strong. Plus, I will be away from home, and I will be staying at a host house, so I will not take my laxative tea the last night.. oh no siree! Well see how it goes!

Deborahann: Goodness, you do have a crazy work schedule! What is it that you do, if you dont mind me asking? I hope you get to go outside for breaks of fresh air during your work day. I used to work about 90 hours a week in front of a computer doing design work and it was hard to stay healthy, positive and sane. Power to you!