Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Join me for a Master Cleanse, Friday, the 25th!

Comments

• kathrynintheraw~ are you going to use the himalayan salt crystal? that is also what I have and was planning to use, but now I’m not so sure. I guess I was under the impression that any “natural” sea salt would do.

• Hey there =)
    I was going to use the Himalayan crystal until I actually found geltic sea salt (it was called natural grey sea salt though). I think as long as the salt isn’t iodized or processed in any way, it should be fine.
    I’ve also decided that as an incentive, after I complete the cleanse, I’m going to treat myself by buying a dehydrator! No- NOT an Excalibur… the funds just aren’t there for that lol Everyone, meet my future baby: http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?produ…

• PS Marysia, I’m SO proud of you for completing your cleanse! As for the aftermath, don’t beat yourself up over it… I can’t speak for everyone else, but I’m definitely not disappointed in you! But think of all that effort to cleanse yourself- Cooked vegetables are one thing, but please just don’t go ruin it by putting chemicals and SAD “food” in there! =P =) Once again, SO proud of all you Cleansers!!

• kminty3kminty3 Raw Newbie

Good idea kathrynintheraw to have a gift for yourself at the end. Maybe I’ll treat myself to a massage.
    Great job Marysia and good luck on your running adventures.. just remember when we were kids it was fun, not work or something we had to do. I wasn’t by any means born to be a runner, but I have come to love it over the years for the mental release it provides.
    Is anyone besides kathrynintheraw and I starting sunday?

• Thanks gals! You are really incredibly supportive! I was feeling pretty down on myself, but its true, i should just focus on the positive and the bright possibilities ahead! And all the yummy raw recipies Ive collected on my MC! ;)

Good luck ladies on your cleanse!!!

I love your point kminty3 about running and how its supposed to be fun! Its true, going into it I really had to drag my a** out there, but it was really fun and energizing!

• Hey, Great job Marysia!!! You made it! That was a huge accomplishment! Ya, don’t feel bad… you have been and are an inspiration to me regardless of roasted veggies! hahaha! That makes it sound pretty funny, huh? And if it makes you feel any better I have had some cooked food in my so called 100% raw month, too. Well, you know about the popcorn (hihi) but I was also invited to the inlaws for a salad dinner (where we received our wedding gift) and they served both a tuna salad and steamed potatoes with the raw salad… and since then I have steamed some potatoes myself…. AND eaten more popcorn! So… we aren’t perfect. So what! So I am no longer counting days… I am going for the high raw lifestyle forever, baby! woo hoo! I also am considering eating cheese on like a homemade veggie pizza (cooked) eventually… I haven’t had real cheese for a really long time and don’t miss it… but I am concerned about B12. I don’t want to take pills and I don’t want to eat meat. I want to eat the “best food ever” like David Wolfe says… only I don’t want to eat ants!! And I miss pizza… so I think pizza might be my so called “vitamin b12 supplement”. hihihi.. I don’t know I haven’t made up my mind about it yet, and I am open to advice.

ANYWAY… bla bla bla… I wanted to say something else, too. About running… for us “all or nothing” types… be careful about running. Listen to your body and run on soft trails with good shoes. I damaged my knees after a summer of running everyday… and still can’t run a couple of years later… My advice would be to cross train a little some days instead of running everyday. But, I was really intense about it. I was training for a marathon and was a bit too ambitious. It is a tough sport on your body… so be wise about it. And have fun… love that runners high!

• LycheeLuvr I just started my cleanse on Sunday (the 17th) and I have remained on my BC pills.

You should stop taking supplements, not doctor perscribed medications (at least not without speaking to your doctor first) so I would continue with them. I have had no ill side effects from remaining on the pill and my cleansing seems to be going fine.

I plan doing a 10 day cleanse (until 26th) so we will be overlapping! This forum has been great support, we should keep it going. Is anyone else currently doing the MC?

• deborahanndeborahann Raw Newbie

Day 14 of a juicefeast and going well so far. I am tired again today because I didn’t sleep so well last night…weird dreams. I feel totally satisfied by the 4 qts of juice and really have no desire for food.
    Congrat’s Marysia! The 1st time I came off a 5 day colon cleanse juice fast I did the same. If you have a juicer, do a lot of veggie juice. It will help build back your mineral stores and maybe help with the appetite. I was one that could always eat more…my belly was stretched full, but I was still hungry! I have felt more satisfied on this juice feast than I ever remember feeling eating food. It is incredible. Best wishes to all on the MC and to all those juice feasting!

• Good luck to all those who are doing this cleanse. I have done it and it’s pretty profound. I hope you won’t mind me adding a word or two on the salt. If you do include the salt please use Celtic not the standard sea salts available as the ones in the supermarkets have been processed or at the very least heat treated so they’ve lost a lot of their natural qualities. Celtic is still fully intact. There was an article in the Independant on it. It matters!
    I agree with what’s been said about reading up on the cleanse first, it really pays to read the Stanley Burroughs book or the Peter Glickman one if you can get them. Get it right and your effort will be rewarded. If you cut corners all that effort will be compromised!
    I had to stop before the end of the cleanse but what i did find was that it really works. Don’t be put off by this but I had started
    projectile vomiting day 3 – eventually I sicked up a large red blob (not blood) since then I’ve felt much better! Go figure! It ws not what I had expected but now I feel about 5 years younger.
    Hope this is of interest. I’m new to this kind of chatting

• detoxamanda that is so scary! I am on day 3 and I have begun feeling nausous. I figured it was just a detox symptom. I really really really hope I don’t share in your experience. I’m guessing the red blob must have been the cayenne pepper? Did you notice that you didn’t ‘pass’ any of the pepper? Have you had problems with cayenne pepper in the past?

deborahann how long did you plan on doing the juice feast for? I was seriously considering it but the cost (I don’t have a juicer) and prep time led me to the MC. Good for you!!!!

• detoxamanda thank you for sharing your experience! http://www.naturescargo.ca/seasalt.html <that is the sea salt i found… “coarse grey”. Is it celtic??? It says it’s not processed, so hopefully I bought the right type.

• Junebelle~ Thanks for the bc input… I feel much better knowing you haven’t experienced any negative effects… and I am sooo Thankful that our time will be overlapping because I have an inkling that support is going to be cherished during this challenge! With the exception of 5 day juice fasts I have never gone without chewing for so long and I will attempt to go for 14 days. And since nobody has really mentioned it yet, how is the lemonade… is it a nose-pincher, or tolerable?

Kathryn…Coarse grey is celtic
    Junebelle… I am at least going for lent which is a total of 46 days, but I am feeling so well, I may try to go 60. I start juicing at 5 AM and finish cleaning up at about 6:50 and get 3.5 qts done. At lunch, I make a grapefruit one that is about 20 ounces so I am pretty close to 4 qts per day. You can use a vitamix or blendtec and a nutmylk bag to strain, but I use my greenstar. I also strain it anyway through a stainless seive. You don’t have to but I prefer pulp free veggie juice. I am going to the grocery store about 3x per wk and spend 30-40 each time. I live in western Pa so there is no local produce right now. This is the most feasible time of year to do this with my work schedule though.

• deborahann that doesn’t sound so bad. I think I may do a juice feast over the summer.

LycheeLover Did you start today? I like the way the lemonade tastes. I would recommend using a straw if you drink the SWF though.

I am on day 4 and I feel incredible – I have so much energy it’s amazing. I did get a good night of sleep so that may have helped. I skipped the gym yesterday because my stomach was upset but it turned out just to be bathroom discomfort, I was fine the rest of the night. I am meeting a friend today at the gym so there will be no backing out today. I’m curious how I will do.

I skipped the SWF this morning because I am nervous about the amount of time it takes and about the commute to work. I did drink a smooth move (I skipped both yesterday) and I hope I don’t get cramps later.

I think I exceeded my 12 servings of lemonade yesterday. I have been drinking it whenever I get hungry (which is like every hour) but I would rather drink extra lemonade than fall off the MC - in the past I noticed I got into trouble when I let myself get too hungry. I have also stopped watching TV because there are way too many commercials with food in them and they give me cravings.

Also – I have been keeping an eye on my tounge -Before I started the MC the back (by my taste buds) was white but the front was pink. Beginning yesterday (day 3) the whitness seeped foward – my tounge is not totally white but the front is a lighter shade of pink than it was. I know this is the detox but I have heard that it takes some people 20+ days to get their tounge back to pink.

• I just saw this thread, and have recenltly joined the forum – but my biyfriend and I are on day 10 of the cleanse right now. The last 4 days, I haven’t really been drinking my lemonade. I am just not hungry. But I feel great! I haven’t had any negative experiences with this cleanse. I can’t reccomend it enough. Congratulations to everyone else doing the cleanse – it really is something to be proud of!

• Junebelle~ That is really great how energized you feel. I just started this morning and can only hope to obtain the same results as I have a genetics and physics midterm next week that I need as much power as possible for. I think I may have been nuts to pick this time period but once I found this thread and got into reading about it again my excitement was just too much to contain. and YES! the lemonade tastes really yummy… like a mexican candy. I will update when possible.. as for now, my body has decided NO saltwater (couldn’t keep down more than 2 cups) so I will be taking the smooth move route. Alright, have a beautiful day and good luck at the gym!

• Hi all. I am on Day 8 of my MC and feeling great. I went away to Vermont with my kids and was “inspired” to try snowboarding and LOVED it!! I have so much energy and mental clarity. I also have been sleeping well and wake up ready to go (even with little sleep). I like the lemonade and am having my first mint tea just to warm myself up! It is true what they say about being cold, so make sure you stay warm! Last night had these crazy dreams where I was convinced myself it was okay to eat hummus…it was so vivid like I could actually taste it…how crazy is that! For those who are doing the SWF…the warmer the water, the quicker the flush. I also break it up into 2 16 oz bottles and I have not any problems getting it down up to now. I do find the evenings are the hardest. I am very bored and therefore want food. I have been cooking for my kids and even gone out to eat with them. It wasn’t easy, but I know the rewards are worthwhile. I have noticed that my teeth are whiter and my skin is brighter.

Marysia-(if you are still reading this) PLEASE do not be hard on yourself. YOUR experience inspired me to start this MC and I am sure others as well. Your HONESTY is refreshing and appreciated so we can all learn what to expect.

Does anyone know if it is okay to have more than 12 lemonades? Some days I too have been very hungry, but was worried about having too much.

Deborahann-Do you have any of your juice recipes posted? My greenstar just came today and I am excited to use it once I am finished my MC. 4 QTs of juice a day…for 46-60 days? WOW! How does this compare to a MC?

Congrat’s Frustrated! Glad to hear you feel so well. I had a couple of days of days worth of cleansing reaction, but I am feeling better this evening. I have never done the master cleanse so I’m not sure if it is the same. My mouth felt like it was coated with thick sticky mucus yesterday and most of today, but it is better tonight. I was also extremely tired and I am cold. It’s weird you should mention the weird dreams, because the other night I had a really bad nights sleep and all I could remember was how crazy the dreams were! Sounds like we go through the same process, but the MC is faster since you don’t take in so much.
    I have not posted any juice recipes, but I really like Jammin Juice and Tangy Green Juice (from this site). I can’t stomach cilantro so I use parsley in the Tangy juice.
    I also love the V-6 from here and make a qt with 3 oz spinach, 2 oz kale, 2 small apples, 6 carrots, a sm to med sweet potato, 1/2 to 1 lemon and a bit of parsley (~1 oz). I don’t use the tomato and sometimes I add in any basic green veggie juice I have leftover from filling up my 2 qts for the day.
    I also do 1 called Spicy Skin Saver with 5-6 radishes with greens on, 1-11/2 Cup green grapes, 3-4 oz kale (or watercress), 1/4-1/2 lg cuke, and a bit of ginger.
    Another one I try to do most every day is a Norman Walker one that is pretty good, but heavy on the parsley. 7oz carrot juice+4oz celery juice+2oz parsley juice+3oz spinach juice. It took a while for me to develop the taste for so much parsley. I also run all my juices through a seive because I prefer it smooth, but you don’t have to even if juicefeasting.
    I rarely juiced before this feast, but I am going to try my darndest to make veggie juice a reg. part of my diet. I think it is a tremendous way to get extra minerals.

Tommorrow is the big day and I am so nervous! I planned a special “treat” meal tonight, vegan eggplant parm, and am just hoping to be successful on my journey. Good luck to all currently on the MC and starting in the next few days!

• Great minds think alike! I’m making my favourite salad for lunch as a treat =P I’m actually pretty excited to start the MC. Good luck everyone!

• Well, the boyfriend and I completed out two week Master Cleanse! Woo Hoo! Today we are drinking some fabulous fresh squeezed orange juice.

• Congratulations! Good luck coming off the Cleanse! I know this probably sounds insincere coming from a total stranger (and over the Internet), but I am VERY proud of you =)

• So today is Day 10 for me and I am trying to decide if I want to continue on to 14 days. I wanted to go until my tongue was totally pink…but I am going out of town next week for a vaca with my hubby and don’t want to risk any stomach aches. For all of those who have done this before…how long does it typically take before you can eat raw meals 3x a day?

kminty and kathyintheraw How is your first day?

Congrats Alyssadyane!!!

• Well I think it’s safe to say day 1 has been a success. Around 1pm I had a brief attack of “Oh no what have I got myself into!? It’s not too late to turn back!”, but I just watched some TV and the feeling went away. I’m having some hunger pangs right now, so I hope they go away before bedtime (I can never sleep with a growling tummy). The lemonade is alright… I’m not a big fan of the maple+lemon combo, but it could be worse. I’m really looking forward to the SWF tomorrow so I can drink something that isn’t sweet! I was actually thinking of switching to agave because of the taste… Does anyone have any info/knowledge about maple syrup vs. agave nectar? Also, I was wondering about bee pollen… I might start adding 1 tsp to my morning lemonade. I’m pretty sure it’s water soluble so it doesn’t break the rules per se. Does anyone know anything about adding supplements to the MC?

• No supplements. No additions. You might try less maple syrup to minimize the sweetness or more cayenne. The more cayenne you add, the quicker your cleanse. I don’t know if the agave has the same vitamins/minerals as the maple syrup. Don’t go to bed hungry!!! When you are hungry, drink more lemonade. This will keep you going. After you have your senna tea, you probably won’t be hungry anyway. Congrats on your first day!

Day 1 was pretty rough for me I must say. I was hungry HUNGRY hungry all day! well, not really ALL day but from 1:30 till 7 oclock I was hungry even though I had lemonade every 1/12 hours or so. I laid around alot, took a small walk, had tea with a friend and watched tv. So thankful I didn’t have to work because laying down seemed to help me deal with the hungry. The SWF is working great and I don’t mind it although it’s a tad uncomfortable. Kathrynintheraw I read you can use agave and also limes if you prefer the taste. I really love the lemon and maple and am thankful for that. I am feeling pretty upbeat today so I hope it’s not as rough as yesterday, especially because today I do have to work, am a little nervous about that. I already did the SWF so I think I will go have some lemonade and try to do a little yoga or weightlifting. Light excersise, I’m not planning to push myself to run at all this week unless I feel inspired.
    Good luck on day two (or whatever day you may be on!)
    frustrated.. great job!!!! I’m so happy for you making it through the 10, very impressive!

• Hello all! I have just started the MC today, so I’m hoping you will all keep posteing to this forum, as I have a feeling I’m soon going to need support from others going through the same thing! I started with the tea last night and had no effects from it this morning… how long do you normally steep the tea for?

• I steep it for at least 10 mins

I use to use it for constipation and I’d use 2 bags an steep for 15 min. I think you just keep working up slowly because too much can be….intense!
    Congrats to all on their 10 days! Ya’ll keep me inspired. The juicefeasting is going well and so far only mild cleansing reactions. I am generally feeling very well.

• Thanks Kathryn and Deborah. I steeped in for 10 minutes because I was nervous about what might happen… I guess tonight I’ll have to do it a little longer.
    This thread is definitely motivating, I’m only on day one and already thinking I’m crazy to try this… but you all will keep me going!