Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Mangers in a Mange land...

Comments

• angie207angie207 Raw Master

Ooh, burger thing/meatballs sound GOOD!

Hi, ardes – glad to see you back and to hear you’re all feeling great! I hear you on the estrogen thing – my son needs more male influence in his life, poor kid. Those push-up pops were my fav!

Luna – Can I pay for your book now, and you just send me the recipes as they’re ready? ;) I doooon’t wanna wait! waa…

Birdie – thanks! My teacher says she thinks it’s too “pretty” and that I need to get more brave in my work. Oh, well. I like pretty, and I also think she is right – she is a great teacher because she gets to know us and help us improve. I have learned a ton from her/this class, and I will probably take another class from her in a couple of years. As for the website, no, I’m not that computer-savvy, but I am taking digital media classes partly so I can learn to create my own website(s) and sell my stuff (art, jewelry, future recipe book, etc.) online someday.

om – The barn door painting sounds FUN! Too bad you didn’t have room for it. Your horses might have enjoyed the “company” :D HAHAHA!

Hey, everyone! I let my friend try one of the lemon cookies that I made from this site, and I was telling her about how I used part of the batter poured on strawberries and bananas, and she suggested a raw organic fondue night! This is a girl who never eats healthy and is planning to live on Ramen (because it’s so cheap) when she moves out of her parents’ house, but somehow my enthusiasm is making her at least a little curious. :) So I’m going to do it – not yet, but sometime in the next couple of months, for sure. I think I will make the dips and then assign people to bring fruit and veggies, and I may have some raw crackers or breads available if I get that far! I haven’t had a party based around food since going raw, and I love to show people how delicious raw foods can be, so I’m super-excited! Any ideas for easy raw breads?

• Loooooong day for me. I found my emotional eating triggers. Didn’t quite realize I had them. My students ran me ragged.

One boy hit me. He carries so much sadness. I tried to talk with him about it, tried to help him unload his heart. But he hit me once more, hit me so hard I am left with a deep bruise on my forearm.

This town is poor, forgotten. My students don’t own Xbox or PlayStation systems. They walk the alleys, the dirt path that snakes along the river, looking for cans to collect, for pennies, for old cigarette butts. I teach them math, science, language arts. I teach them how to create paper mache pinatas, origami swans, but the monsters hiding in their homes are more vivid, hold more unholy candy.

Today we researched prairie dogs, researched the familiar, the mangy scamps that careen across our tall grasses like tiny marbles in an old pachinko machine.

And I ate raw, day four, or is it day five? I thought of Daylight Donuts just two miles from school as I hugged a girl crying for her crack-addicted mother. But still I ate raw, ate grasses, seeds, a prairie dog with dark hair and reading spectacles. It’s funny how life imitates intention.

Birdie

Wow, Birdie – thanks for sharing! I am crying – for you and your students, and I am amazed at your heart and your strength. You are making a difference! Whether you see it or not, you are one of the people your students will remember years from now, wherever they are – my teacher was kind to me.

• Angie, thanks for your kindness. This was one tough day. My students are teaching me way more than I could ever impart to them. I just want to make everything better for them, everything. But the only thing I can do is be present, lend them my best ear.

• omshantiomshanti Raw Newbie

birdie. my day pales in comparrison to yours as does my “compassion” you are their shiney penny, believe me you make a difference….eat raw for your sanity, your strength and your health, inspiration can even be found in the rodents you live ( prairie dogs) blessings! as i told angie though , decadence has its place..maybe a nice chocolate smoothie?

True, true – chocolate. :) Licking my chops now, and I already ate chocolate covered nuts & fruit a few hours ago :)

om – I NEED some more of your cr-onion bread – I emailed you about it.

• MmmmMMmmmm chocolate! I don’t have any access to raw chocolate here. I’ll have to wait until my next drive to Santa Fe in two weeks. Heck, I might make a drive this weekend and get some. :)

At home, I don’t have any temptations. It doesn’t matter what’s sitting in the kitchen, I’m just not interested. It doesn’t bother me watching my boys eat grains. But at school! That’s where the desire comes into play. Well, just 7 weeks left before summer vacation, ha ha!

What’s the weather like where everyone is? It was 74 and sunny yesterday and today won’t even reach a high of 40!! Plus we may get snow!!

• Good morning everyone it’s a beautiful day in Atlanta.

• omshantiomshanti Raw Newbie

angie, i didnt get the email! wierd…ooh well i ve got some in the D right now how much you want? hey did yousee this link? http://rawdorable.blogspot.com/2008/04/get-your… made me think about it when you are contemplateing your raw feast! my aniversary is coming up and im doing a raw meal for us with fondue raw dessert! should be fun, ive even rented a room on the beach wehre we got engaged…we need it too had some tough nights lately..money the official bane of all exsistence! grrrrr.

birdie oh you are near santa fe…nice area…you know there is always carob in a pinch and quite honestly if i had a day like yours i go for girradellis hot cocao. definitly not raw but decadent none the less!

ardes, Im sure one the sun comes up here it will be a beautiful day as well in socal 74 and breezy…hot of tomarrow i understand pushing 90 out where i live but cooler on the coast. ive been dreaming bout delonaga Ga lately….nice cool mountains and acres of sweetpeas course i think its still to early ever been there? sorry about the estrogen overload but you men abandoned us…and we gals jsut do what we do! teehee i have ani phyos book too, my fav burger recipe thus far….did danifon get it to you yet?

• OM- no she hasn’t showed up yet, could you possibly email it to me at ARDESMOND2@aol.com . I went ahead and ordered the book, but I hate waiting.

• NEVER MIND got it …..

YESSSSS

• daniefondaniefon Raw Newbie

Did you get the recipe? It is 8:30 here in Texas and I just got back to work. Cookbook was at home, internet is at work. Do you still want it? Or does anyone else?

which would you prefer?

• daniefon – someone sent it to me I thought it was you.

gimme a minute and i’ll send it. i am an art teacher and right now am neck deep in clay!

ardesmond, as long as you have it, that’s good. when i made it, i ground it all in the food processor, and while it was smooth, it was a little too wet. so i added some almond pulp that i had dried to make a really nice flour and then some sesame seeds. some i made into patties and some into little balls, it was great.

om – Mybe 2 dehydrator sheets’ worth? email me and let me know what I owe you – that’s awesome you are already making it – how long does it last? Thanks!

Oh, yeah – I made a chocolate dip this morning and tried it out in prep. for my upcoming fondue fiesta! Woohoo, chocolate!

Birdie – You can order raw chocolate online so you don’t have to drive so far, but if you’re going that way anyway, I guess you can get it while you’re there.

• yawnnn , I am so tired of cubicle world….

quick questions ?? have any of you all tried zeolites yet.

Not yet, but I want to! A local herb store here said they will soon be carrying a product which has zeolite with gold, silver, platinum…I want to use it! I’ll let you know if/when I get it – may be a month or so?

• Luna bluLuna blu Raw Newbie

Hey aredes! Yep, doin the work thing! Plus the weather here has been reeeeeally nice for the past few days, so I have been outside alot too! It looks as though the next few days are going to be nice as well, and then the temp. plummets! I knew this was just a tease! I will enjoy it while it lasts. maybe the long range forcast is wrong!:)

angie, ya, the book may be a long time coming! I forsee a year! i need alot more concoctions before i venture into the raw guru game! Eventually I will have my own website and such! Probably selling a few products and yummies made by me. This is just in the dreaming stage right now! I am thinking of calling it The Green Goddess Cru. So help me if anyone steals that name now I will stamp my foot and shake my fist, and be aable to do nothing about it really! My biggest dream is to open a really posh, upscale raw dining establishment. I mean POSH! The ideal here is to win a boatload of money, so that I can keep the prices reasonable and hire a chef so I don’t have to live there! i would like to have a small section that sells raw gourmet edibles and super foods! Someday!:)

I watched some more David Worlfe vids. on You Tube. I think I am in love with him! He is so nuts!:) Also saw some Shazzie vids. She is too cute!

om – I just tried to get on your website but yahoo told me it was a bad request! just so you know!

Birdie – Get the book Naked Chocolate by David Wolfe and Shazzi. Awesome book with some awesome recipes!!! I think there is a raw chocolate bar recipe in there. If i am wrong i can post the one i use! It is better than Cadbury any day!!

jenergy – Hey girl, miss you! What’s up, how ya been?

Om – I just went on the one link you gave just recetnly! Raw booberry muffins!! I am so freakin excited! Sound so goooood!!!:)

Thanks!!:)

Luna – I will be your chef!

What is this muffin link you speak of…sounds enticing!

angie – it’s on page 18, oms last post. it’s a girl called rawdorable, it’s a link to her blog site.

Sure to the chef thing, but do you really want to live in frosty 5months out of the year Canada? Hey, wait a min. if I win big, I am ditching this popsicle stand! California here I come! I’ll surf, you uncook!

ps, I just looked in the mirror, mighta got a little sun today! I am a tad pink! Oh well, it will be a tan tomorrow. Thankyou Porugues poppa!

Okay, I looked and saw the fondue stuff – awesome since that’s exactly what I want to do! It gave me ideas for extra veggies & fruits I hadn’t thought of yet. But I don’t know about muffins.

If you move to California, hire me to be YOUR chef while you surf! I dream of warm weather – yep, def. no Canada for me :)

What do you mean you don’t know about muffins? Not appealing, or you didn’t find it?