Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Mangers in a Mange land...

Comments

• angie207angie207 Raw Master

Or, just pay to open the restaurant, which I can run, and then you can also eat there any time.

Today has been a CRAZY day! My ex-husband called at 7:30 am and woke me up after I was up late last night. When I talked to him an hour later (I made him call me back so I’d have a chance to wake up & think clearly first), he says he wants us to get together and talk (which we haven’t done for 4 1/2 yeas)! I said we are talking, and he says he wants to talk in person. I ask him why and he says he thinks we should be friends and that he has been a jerk for a long time. I tell him he’s probably right about both. I tell him I don’t know how I feel about it, and he says it scares the he@! out of him. Weird. I settled on talking to him for a few minutes on the phone, and telling him it would have to be a public place, and now I still feel weird about it, so I’m going to tell him if he calls again that if he can’t talk on the phone, too bad. Why would we have to talk in person? Weird.

So that started my day, with not enough sleep to begin with, and then a day full of working to get projects done for class. STRESS! So when I left school I was EXHAUSTED. I didn’t have much in the way of veggies or easy stuff, so I went shopping. I was so stressed, and I kept thinking of a huge steak! I have eaten all natural beef in the past when I have been totally stressed out, and it has nutrients my body needs right now. The thing is I haven’t eaten any meat for a few months and didn’t want to go back. I had to really stop and think, okay, what is it that my body is needing from the beef? I figured out some of it, but I was sooooo stressed that it seemed easier to eat the beef than to figure out everything I needed, so I walked by the natural meat display in the butcher block to see if it really appealed to me. As I stood there looking at the meat, just for a minute, the smell of it made me so sick I couldn’t stand to stay there. I went and bought some greens, and I feel better. Long post, I know – I’m done venting for now. :)

Luna – I didn’t find it – I’ll go look again.

Oops! Right there on the main page! I guess I was so excited about the fondue that I went there without even looking at anything else. I am soooo going to make those muffins! I’m thinking cut-up strawberries would be good in them, too. heeheehee I might dance for joy ;)

• lzhptlzhpt Raw Newbie

Daily Random Post—but did anyone catch the PBS independent film King Corn last night? Finally….It’s so clear our soil will be dead in our lifetime. This was unbelievable to see. I’ve read Omnivore’s Dilemna, but this brought it all to pictures. The plains will be Death Valley soon. Even my teens were completely horrified. They need to SEE it to believe it! Thank you, PBS!

I didn’t see it, but corn takes a TON of nutrients from the soil and should be rotated with things like peas, beans, beets – and enriched with compost, so the soil doesn’t die. Money makes people do strange things.

• Luna bluLuna blu Raw Newbie

That muffin recipe has got me really excited! I bet it’s moist and kinda gooey and booberryish! NUM nUM NUM! Have you tried the carrot cake recipe on this site? It is awsome!!!!!!!

Corn is considered a grass, and grass sucks up every nutrietn from the soil. If the soil is nutrient dense, corn can be very nutritious. I love raw corn on the cob. Nice and sweet and juicy!!

I made a crazy smoothie yesterday with cocoa nibs, gogi berries, cocoa powder, raw honey, bee pollen coconut butter cocoa butter,maca, TONS of cayenne, water and a banana to thicken it. I got the idea from David Worlfe. Now I know where his exuberance comes from!!! He is totally hopped up on cocoa!! I was wired! In a good way though! Not like the other day when I had coffee. Bad scene!

• Good evening, rawbies! (hmmm, that sounds like rabies, LOL!!! Let’s hope it’s infectious!)

At lunch today, day 6, I ate plain ‘ol salad, as usual, just greens ‘n radishes ‘n grape tomatoes ‘n celery ‘n cukes. Whatever the school salad bar hosted that was raw. Every bite was amazing. I never realized these veggies had such complex flavors. I think my taste buds and perception shifted overnight. Weird!

I was so hungry when I got home, I made the hugest smoothie ever! An avocado (and not a small one), a grapefruit, a healthy dash of flax seeds, two bananas, spinach, a handful of pecans (from my very own organic pecan tree). Wirrrrrrrrrrlllll in blender. Yum. Now my stomach is sloshing around.

I haven’t said a word, but my fellow teachers have noticed my new regime, and I, in turn, have noticed their furtive glances at my lunch plate, the rolled eyes as I crunch on a juicy apple during break. They munch Cheetos and slurp Diet Cokes. I don’t want to trade.

Oh my gosh I need to look up that muffin recipe! Wow! I LOVE MUFFINS!!!! And I need to watch King Corn, too, that sounds like an incredible film. Maybe I should show it to my students if I can find a copy of it to rent.

Angie, I have a crazy ex, too, and I hope and wish for resolution for you. I still haven’t found it, but I keep praying for myself as well.

Bridie They roll their eyes when you eat an apple? It’s an apple for gosh sakes. Bring in some durian fruit and fix theri wagans good!!!!

One day, as I was drinking my green smoothie at work, I was commenting on something and used the word $h!#. One of my coworkers walks in, looks at my smoothies and say’s, ‘speaking of $h!#, what ARE you drinking?’ Could you get more rude? I guess rolling of the eyes is better than calling your food $h!#.

Birdie, you have a pecan tree? Jealous!! Is it true that you have to dunk those things in boiling water to get them out of their shells?

• luna blu, this happens to me at work every day…. gotta love how supportive co-workers are. the green smoothies really freak them out and they look at you like you’re from mars if you tell them it actually tastes good…. and they go on with their day sipping diet coke and munchin on cheetos like you said. i think i can stand to be different. i would never wanna be in their shoes :)

Exactrly! I am not going to willingly poison myself just to fit in! They wanna slowly kill thenselves, that’s theri perogative, I wanna be healthy, and that’s mine! I am grossed out when I see them scarffing back meat laden subs and Mcbarnyards hamburgs, but I don’t make a fuss about it. I don’t go up to them and say ‘eww, what’s that $h!# you’re eating?!’ They really should mind their own biz!

• Definitely agree! I am so tired of hearing… what the f*$#k is that?! What in the world are you eating. Ummm… I’m eating fruits and vegetables… you know, that stuff that grows on trees and in the ground? Real food… ever heard of it? Pretty sad to see how altered food is and it’s now “normal” to eat chemicals and processed food. Funny thing is… I think they all say that because they wish they had the courage to go raw themselves and know they never will so they need to put the “health nuts” down to make themselves feel better. I think if some of those people even attempted to eat an apple, they’d poo their pants.

Luna – that shake sounds so yummy! I LOVE raw cacao – the more, the better most of the time. The raw restaurant in Salt Lake City serves a cacao/gogi shake that is amazing! McBarnyards – HAHAHA!!!!

I just made a BEAUTIFUL salad; I’m soooooo glad I didn’t buy steak! Funny thing is I was talking to a friend on the phone while making my salad and he mentioned he was going to the store because steak was on sale! I was blissfully happy watching my salad appear that I kind of just ignored the meat comment and talked to him about how that store had strawberries on sale. :)

skystrdust – I think you’re right. People tend to fight against whatever is unfamiliar or seems too hard, so they won’t feel bad about not embracing it. A lady who works at the health food store and I were talking today, and she says her husband and sons will never do raw food because the only things they eat are steak and potatoes – really the only things – for dinner every night. She says she could never do raw because of the time it takes; already she is making two meals every time. The funny thing is that she sounded all wanting toeat healthy talking like this, but then her 2 meals were steak for the boys, chicken for the girls, potatoes for both. Then she told me she still HAS to have her big Pepsi every day after work. My new goal is to give her raw recipes that are simple and/or so good she’ll want to make them again.

• omshantiomshanti Raw Newbie

oh guys! my hubby put his bike down on the freeway tonight…he is ok, it was a blow out back tire….we had a hellatious fight yesterday evening and werent on good terms when he left this morning…hug all those you love twice tonight….im so glad my man is ok! life has a way of making the important things come into focus yes? night guys! luv and blessings….

om – I’m glad your hubby is okay! Thanks for the reminder, too! I am often getting frustrated and pushing my son away because “I am too busy” – He went out of town with my mom for 3 days (they left Wednesday), and already I am MISSING him – his hugs and telling me about the “seashells” he found in the neighbor’s yard (snail shells), etc. :) I am definitely becoming aware that I need to make him more of a priority, and aware of how much he blesses my life. The quiet was good the first night, and I really needed time to get projects worked on for school, but man! I miss that kid. :) Thanks again!

• Omshanti – I’m so glad your sweet man is okay! What a scary thing! I like your reminder for us to count our blessings. I was cursing up a storm last night after breaking my blender (see the raw disaster thread), and this morning I am rethinking my grouchiness thanks to you. :)

Angie, I have the same thing going on with my boys – I’ve been so busy taking care of other folks’ kids at school that my boys often get short shrift. They are such cool and independent kids that I guess I figure they’re okay. I will be sure to spend some extra time with them this weekend. I’ll be glad when school is out!

• BluedolfinBluedolfin Raw Newbie

I’ve heard of guys going through sympathy pregnancy stuff… but sympathy bruising is a bit out there… ;) Heal quickly.

hahaha angie, i heard fomr my ex outa the blue too, 8 years after our divorce, it gave me a sence of closure i didnt think i needed but its good to know there is not bad karma floating out there in the world over my divorce( ours was politely strained) anyhow my friend sandys take onthat is that when ever they have a mojor event occur they will pop back up( death of a parent, survive a desease, get diagnosed with a desease, ect ect) anyhow my exs dealio was his purchase of his first home and his new life style as a marathoner! good for him!

birdie,thanks for the well wishes, on my sweet hubby he has a commuter bike ,a cruiser weve taken a few trips on it…. its his first time off the bike and while he’ll need a new helmet and jeans he’ll survive. life is so uncertain! jsut when i get comfortable, i break my butt and my hubby comes off his bike! i have to keep my eye in the present or ill miss the everyday, im so focused on life after california and we are still IN california! grin, shakes head….well i start today to be more mindful…..again! ;) heres a wierd question for ya: are you on any fiction writing forums? a dear friend of mine passed away two years ago and she was on a few of these forums, there was a sweet tribute to her in cyber space but i have never been able to find it her name was cynthia and she was a history teacher here in San Diego…id jsut love to know that part of her…we where horse pals i wrote a short article on her on my horse website www.bethesfandiari.com anyhow its a shot in the dark but i know she would have loved your writing!

ardes, tried those burgers yet? i left some inthe D overnight with all the whoo ha with my hubbys accident last night they are a bit crunchy on the out side but rememnd me of falafels so ill spice some accordingly this morning and see what i get! youmust be influenceing me, im leaving onions out of alot of stuff…they do seem to strong for m e now and ive only been avoiding them two or three weeks!hmmmmmmm

I didnt see that pbs show….wonder if i can get it on dvd…ban corn! grow hemp!!! im with angie and others on another thread thinkill replace all clothes from now on with hemp not cotton cotheing

hahaah blue!! i figured he was trying to one up me!!! grin!

• Om – I tried the burgers last night, the kid thought they were to nutty but overall it’s a work in progress.

What burgers? I have been craving raw “burgers” like crazy!

• The ani phyo’ burger recipe

2 stalks of celery: chopped 1/4 cup onion: chopped 1/2 cup red bell pepper:chopped 1 tsp sea salt 2 tsp oregano 1 cup sunflower seeds: ground 1/2 cup flax: ground 1/2 water mis all ingredients in a bowl form into 4 balls flatten and dehydrate for 3 to 4 hours

• lzhptlzhpt Raw Newbie

So..OK back to my corn (after watching King Corn on PBS). If you’re eating Raw Corn on the Cob—it better be organic, locally grown and not genetically modified as so much of it is now to withstand the triple strength weed killer they dump all over it. If you search PBS and King Corn, you can watch the trailer. Hopefully it will be on again.

ardes – Thanks! I have a burger experiment now in progress – I made it too runny cuz my fp is wimpy & needs extra water, so I put in some flax & it is in the fridge to soak it up before I attempt to dehydrate it. :) I think I want to have several burger recipes to trade up. Something I love and can be made & kept in fridge for a couple days.

I have been going to school only part-time so I will have time & energy to be a mom and still eat raw while going to school. This fall, if I go full-time and keep my grades up, I will qualify for an extra grant of $2,000, which means not as much debt when school is done! I am still going part-time during summer and want to find/collect tons of easy good recipes so I can stay healthy :) I have started making sprouted wheat breads, and burgers could easily be eaten every week if I have good ones. I already have gotten good at a couple of quick filling salads, for which some/most of the ingredients can be prepped ahead of time, and nori wraps if I remember to sprout! A dessert or two for the week, and some other raw breads and crackers, and I think I will be set for the basics.

lzhpt – I love to grow and eat my own organic corn, and it’s one of the few things my son likes raw! Thanks for the info. about the gmo corn.

stawberry, and everyone else inthe unofficial book club…Im reading the most amazing book, caled the glass castle by jeannette walls…pick it up and give it a go…im half way through and really enjoying it!

om – How’s the ‘sympathy bruising’ ? – How are you guys feeling?

Hi guys! I missed a little bit!

om – on the freeway? Wow, when you guys boo boo you really boo boo! I hope he is feeling ok and you as well!

THANKFULLY, my ex knows better NOT to call me. Present hubby would like to tie him in a pretzel, and so would i actually!

I do a raw burg. from Julianos book. I like!

sky – I think if those people did eat an apple, their digestive system would be so freaked out, they would actaually poo them selves!! It’s probably a case of transference. They are angry deep down with themselves for not having the gumption to eat raw, so they lash out at us poor raw foodies! Maybe?

There is a reason i don’t have maple syrup in the house! My hubby bought some of the real pure stuff from some menonite, (Kinda like the Anmish folks in the states) MAn is it good, too good. I know it’s not raw, but it is just a treat! When it’s gone, it’s gone. No more! Sheesh, left to my own devices! UGGG!

hey luna is that you? see was that so hard? very cute pic! i have julianos book too, which burger recipe do you like best? hubby and i are fine however he is up this morning with a migranine, puking and the like…i think stress brings these on as lately he has had more than usual…anyone with any experience with these hideous head aches? can salt affect their frequency? he has recently cut way back on the caffeine but i still dont think he hydrates enough…oh well, poor guy….

im making the raw veggie barbq kebobs out of carol alts cook book i split up the prep time and did themarinating and 1st dehydration yestrday…tonight ill baste and redyhydrate in the barbq sause.

anyone giong to see prince caspian( narnia 2)?