Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Mangers in a Mange land...

Comments

• omshantiomshanti Raw Newbie

“wordy” moi?( batts eyelashes innocently ) teehee yep guilty! im a frustrated novelist really! hahhahaha rabbits are easy to train…house rabbit society has literature on it but basically its like crate training a puppy..provide a place for them to go and keep them confined then increase the space they get to live in until its the whole house…easy peasy! and yes my holland lops whould jump up on the sofa with me…only draw back they like to chew on things..like furniture and wires but again trainable like a puppy…provide proper chew toys….. a friend of my moms liked my bun buns so much she got two of her own and traveled over seas with them they lived 10 years and went to 4 overseas posts with her, including the philapeans!

i have finches myself, but friends with parrots, i like the conures best, so active and funny , but i understand they are not starter birds due to their propecity to nip

angie, wow you are looking for the whole magilla! and why not i say, dont settle….this is my second marriage, its tough to get remarried in your late thirtys but doable….dateing helped me define what i wanted….although I cant say dateing was my favorite pass time! teehee

hey luna, there was a helmet on my head…hmmmm a butt helmet. thats what i needed! grin!

• angie207angie207 Raw Master

st – brownies? I ate bread, muffins, etc. – all whole grain and healthy, but cooked. I have felt nauseated and brain-dead just from those – I can’t even imagine what brownies would do? As I was reading your previous post, I thought you were going to say that you couldn’t imagine me adding a MAN to my life with everything that is going on already, and I was thinking, yeah, you’re probably right. At least a snake only has to eat once every few weeks. :)

strawberry those brownies did it to ya! sugar and flour a recipe for disaster…..;)

om – Thanks for the reassurance! I have come to a point where I want it all or I will be happier on my own, so I am happy being single. It would just be even better if I found all that and a bag of chips, too! :) I think it’s true, though, that dating has definitely helped me define what’s important (and what’s not) to me in a relationship. At least I am now drawn and attracted to good men. It took me a long time to get over being attracted to/sucked in by the wrong kind of men – abusive, addicted, authoritarian, possessive, insecure – you name it, and I used to be a sucker! At least there is progress!

And a butt helmet?! HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!! Reminds me of when I was pregnant and fell and bonked my head – big goose egg! A guy I worked with gave me a huge piece of foam and told me to tie it around my head – for the baby’s sake! heeheehee :)

• WinonaWinona Raw Newbie

stRAWberry – I sympathize about the brownies. I had 2 beers, and some nonraw salsa/jalapenos on a salad… well the whole next day I was SUPER DUPER nauseous and had to leave work! Horrifying! Then I slept for 24 hours to get over it. (at least I think it was the beer – i could have just been sick)

angie – what a wonderful post describing your ideal mate. I have a guy who is all of those things, BUT - he can’t commit. so he figures that in 5 years, we may not be together. but i’m just going to hope for the best. being raw helps me cope with this, for some reason.

omshanti- OMGOSH!!!! i read about the horse indicident – i can’t BELIEVE that it was resulted. OUCH! I truly hope you feel better. best of luck!

Winona – Wow! Good and ? – I don’t know which would be harder – not having the guy, or not knowing if he will stick around. Here’s hoping that it all works out for the best – you need it! I’m adding to my list – totally into long-term (like forever) commitment. :)

Water, and sprouts, if you have any! I was awake in the middle of the night (for the third night in a row) after eating so much bread and stuff – anyway, I kept drinking water, but I wasstill somewhat nauseated, and finally I remembered that sprouts (maybe because of their extra enzymes?) have helped me get rid of that awful dead-food feeling in the past. So at 4:30 am I finally got up and ate a bowl of mixed sprouts with avo and salt and maybe olive oil? Anyway, that was the start of my feeling better, and I was finally able to go back to sleep for a while. Throughout the day, I just kept eating raw food, and I kept feeling better after each new thing I ate. Wow! what a difference :) I hope you feel better soon, but maybe not too soon so you can learn your lesson? heehee. I’m saying that because that’s how I have to learn a lot of times ;)

Hard, it’s true. But you love me for it! :)That’s funny about the donuts! (Sorta) – It amazes me how sometimes the things I know make me feel the worst are suddenly tempting me?! Like my dad’s sausage pizza the other night – GROSS! And yet, there was a part of me ready to reach out and scarf a whole slice – or three! BTW - My dad told me today that his pants are fitting looser! And he goes to work at night, and the other guys are talking about being tired and he knows it’s because of their huge amounts of soda he sees them drinking. Also, he hasn’t been tired at work until the other night when he ate the pizza before work – wow, I’m glad I didn’t eat it – but still it sounds kinda good, for some reason! Why?! Oh, well, I’ll just keep eating more of the good stuff. :)

I don’t know that he has to be raw – it would be a nice bonus, though – but I don’t think I could stand to be married to a man who lives on junk food (soda, sweets, fast food, chips, etc.) – I think it is important that he at least wants to be healthy and likes to eat veggies, etc. The more he likes to eat my food, the better! :)

hey gals! ( seems our chit chat has scared off all the boys… weeines! teehee)ah yes the cravings for food that we know will make us sorry…my last episode withthis was ice cream, the good kind( ben and jerries) i was in bed with in an hour of eating this sicker than a dog! no more dairy for me ! and “dognuts”( not a typo) did that to me before raw! pizza…sigh, still love the smell of a nice pizza…. i can be somewhat satisfied with a mushroom “crust” pizza from the site though…none of the bread like doughs do it for me( i do like my cronion bread does ok but its not very stable and not to pizza-y…i thought id try a flax based crust for crunch next time…with fresh oregano and such…..

ang: you seem to be able to meet plenty of men at your school? and you are ubber busy right now, but i am going to reccomend match.com for a resourse..its where i met my hubby…and ive met others who had success there…gotta say i had some scarey ass dates but i kept them to short coffee dates to keep the suffering to a minimum! teehee on both sides! i tried eharmony too…i met lots of nice people there but no connections that where romantic…freaky twist of fate: they matched me with a guy i knew from high school he was a trumpet player at another school but we recalled two band trips where we hung out!( he also lived in DC) so there might be something to their rediculous questionaire! teehee as for finding a partner who is raw, id settle for a guy open to try new things…my guy lived on marie callender pot pies and low sodium triskets…not to mention the diet cokes. He has expanded his taste to include thai, sushi, persian, greek and seafood! and ive got him onto vitamin waters instead of cokes…he is game about the raw food but the mans motto is ” real meat says moo!” we have ordered 1/4 cow from a all natural grass fed farmer friend of mine, no antibiotics no grain finishing and he ages it too… its pricey but at least i know my man is not ingesting excess garbage. hey i read about this guy losing six pounds on three liters of lemon water a day, under new to raw i beleive..maybe your pop would consider adding lemon to his water? everyone likes to see those clothes get looser! good for your pop!

berry, interesting you mention the smell of non raw men, my hubby smells fine to me except the breath after his milk intake..ewwwwww! narsty….milk he is uncompromizing about…even though he has snoring and other mucus related problems…oh well, baby steps….

The men I meet at school are like 10 – 12 years younger than me, or they’re married :) That’s why I decided to ask Richard out – he’s nice and cute and only 8 years younger. ;) Oh, well – I am going to a dance tonight… I have done some of the internet dating things, too, waaaay creepy! But, I figure that I have to do something; I haven’t been on a date since December. Part of it is that I realized that I forgot how to flirt when I DO find a guy I’m interested in :( Life is getting better and I am getting braver. Whatever. As for the pizza crust, I like a flax crust: 2 cups of flax seeds – grind to powder. Add 3 Tbsp. Italian seasonings, 1 tsp. of sea salt, 1 clove crushed garlic, and some cut-up onions and red bell peppers (or you could run them in the food processor or Vita-Mix, but I haven’t tried it that way) – maybe 1/2 to 1 cup of each? Anyhoo, mix all the dry ingredients together first, then wet ingredients and a little water at a time – squish it together with your hands until it forms a kinda slimy dough ball. :) Then mash it out onto a teflex sheet to form a crust shape, and then transfer it onto a mesh dehydrator sheet. Depending on how wet it is and how flexible or crispy you want it, dehydrate it for maybe 1 to 3 hours or so at 95 to 105 degrees F. It holds together really well and is really filling. It is good with any type of sun-dried tomato sauce, poemomm’s “real cream cheese” and whatever veggies you want (I like to marinate my veggies – olive oil, lemon juice, sea salt and maybe basil) and put them in the dehydrator while the crust is drying) – good! I am also thinking it should be good with alfredo sauce, tomatoes and raw Greek or Morroccan olives – now I’m starting to drool. As for men eating raw, I figure the other things I want are a lot more important, and yeah, open to trying new things is maybe what I should expect. If I did marry a guy who ate raw, it would be one of those things that would probably never happen in a million years and I would just stare in wonder. Definitely not a major priority :) I love that you bought the “good” beef – I am thinking of getting a goat someday so my son can have good organic raw goat milk, as he hates the nut milks I have made… at least I’ll know what’s going into his body, and that the goat hasn’t been mistreated.

st – what’s up – I just remembered your amazing amount of sympathy – telling me to cheer up and stop whining the other day? :) I love you for that one, too.

ohhhh goat milk!!!! sigh, i miss it, love it! made cheese out of it for years, had my nubians in maryland and one nubian, one alpine out here…cool pets too like em better than dogs sometimes! in maryland we used to go walking in the woods eating acorns and wild rose bushes!( well i didnt eat those things….teehee) i felt like heidi! my hubby tried raw goat milk said its to rich (he drinks no fat) i think its the fact that im was out there pulling on goat titties that has him freaked! hahahahaha oh that and the penis surgery he had to assist with on my wether! poor thing got a stone and the vet has to extract his urethra and snip part of it off behind the stone so he could pee…goatie is heavily sedated on his back and bloating badly as its not good for ruminants to be prone like that….hubby is handing vet impliments and im restraining goatie….he was white as a sheet, then we had to delfate goatie by poking him with a needle from a syringe…that was it! hahahaha into the house like a shot, poor man!!! i conceded to organic no fat cows milk for him and the goaties went to good homes…i love milking, very theraputic! and my barn kitty misses the free squirts he would get..but hey if no one is drinking it well….... i dont have time to make cheese now either but may go back to it and soap when i get independently wealthy~!

• Luna bluLuna blu Raw Newbie

Well, helloooo all! had a big cup of coffee this morning, with i haven’t done in a loooooong time. And will not do again for a looooooong time com9ing. i felt so wired and jittery I felt spastic. I felt terrible! I can’t believe I used to do that everyda;y, and not feel anything. Gross!

Our new member, rawkidshef, I am pretty sure is rawclair. I could be wrong. hmmmmm, who cares really? Just an observation!

• BluedolfinBluedolfin Raw Newbie

Luna B~ Do not adjust your set… you are in the twilight zone… guess you are the one to blame if Juan Valedez loses his job… hehehe

I LOVE goats – nubians especially. I dated one guy a little, and one day I was talking to him about having a goat to milk and he said something like “Yeah, I could just see that ‘Honey, I’m going out to milk the goat now’ – could you imagine? hahaha!” To him it was as strange as me saying I want to marry an alien and have little alien babies! lol The vet thing I could imagine would freak your hubby out :) I have only made soft goat cheeses, but I love the raw goat cheddar I have sometimes bought at the health food store here – better than the Alta Dena brand and slightly less money. There is a guy one town over from me who is willing to teach people how to make raw goat milk cheddar, but it is a lot of time, equipment and fridge space. Oh, well. My son will drink the milk if I have it available, though I haven’t milked a goat since I was like 12 years old. My dad is good with goats, though, so I’m sure it wouldn’t take a lot for me to get back into it.

Hi, luna! Isn’t it crazy when you have made a shift and then go back and wonder how you used to do it all the time?! I remember several years ago – long before raw – I worked at a drive-in and got free lunch every day. Fresh-cut fries with seasoning salt, and a hamburger. Yum! (At the time) Anyway, I worked and ate there 5 days a week for about 2 years. A year or so later, my sister and I went to lunch there, and I about puked eating all that grease on the fries. I couldn’t imagine how I had eaten them every day for so long! Now even the thought of a hamburger makes me want to puke.

• BluedolfinBluedolfin Raw Newbie

angie~ Have you ever been back to a place from your childhood (school, house, etc.)? If yes, was there a difference from how you remember it? I was back to a house I used to live in as a rugrat and found my bedroom was a cracker box. When I lived there, my room was “palatial.” :) I have also reread some of my beloved books from my childhood to find as an adult there were questionable parts… might explain a lot about how I got to be the way I am today. 8)

BTW, anyone remember the tv show Wonderama? I would have given anything to be on that show!

Bluedolphin – I went back and saw where I lived as a kid – not inside the house, but I saw the yard & property – and yes, it seemed smaller (that’s when I was a teenager). Then the last time we went back several years ago, our house had been bulldozed. That was weird.

We didn’t have TV until I was around 14, so I only saw things when I stayed at my grandparents’ house – no Wonderama :( The good thing about that was that I learned to love reading and I spent a lot of time outside. We also had a lot of animals and about 3 acres to play on, so I didn’t get too bored! It’s funny – when I went to my friends’ houses, I wanted to watch TV - When they came to mine, they wanted to go out and play with the animals. :)

Okay, so I realized that I keep wanting to date my friend, and he is busy looking for someone else to date – “My Best Friend’s Wedding” scenario comes to mind. I somehow don’t know how to keep my friendship with him while still looking for men to date, or if it’s even a good idea to stay friends with him. We have been good friends for a couple of years and have lengthy phone conversations at least once a week. I guess I just need to be more active in meeting dating other people, and then maybe it won’t bother me so much…but for now, it does!!!

• WinonaWinona Raw Newbie

Angie – what a tough situation, about your best friend! I don’t know what the best action is… stRAWberry – my friend just met her boyfriend online, and they seem happy so far.

the guy situation is tricky – i couldn’t date one who was married to fast food junk, but being with a meat eater is fine.

• MOTHMOTH Raw Newbie

Hey everyone! I’m enjoying reading the conversation in here. Me and boys – well, I’m not sure. I’m going through a divorce right now, and it’s difficult at times because he already has girls calling the house asking for him! As for me and my romantic interests, I’m not sure…my next relationship will be different, but I think I’m going to enjoy being single for awhile.

If and when I do find that special someone (girl or boy, I swing both ways) it is important to me that they are very health conscious and mindful about what they put into their body. Raw would be great, but I think I’m done dating people who stuff themselves with junk food, dripping meats, and do nothing but play video games all day.

Angie – ugh, just reading about the burg and fries made me want to barf! it’s amazing what our bodies will grow to tolerate!Goats! my grandmother had goats, and one day as she bent down to pick something up, the one thought she was challenging him, and wham, head butted her! She was perfectly fine. They make em tough in the old country!:) (grannies) I love pigmy goats, they are soooooo cute!

I went to the dance last night, and I think I have finally figured out what to do about men/my friend! I forced myself to meet guys – if they weren’t asking me to dance I asked them, and I had fun! Then when I fianlly did get a chance to talk to my friend, I waited for him to ask me to dance while we were talking. That didn’t happen, and he excused himself to go dance with someone else he knew. So later on I stalked him (just found him at the end of a song as he was coming off the dance floor) and asked him to dance. While we were dancing and talking he brought up differences in age, and I got brave and asked him if that’s why he has never dated me. I later found a chance to tell him how good-looking I think he is, too. I’m learning to firt! :) I am not going to waste time hoping/wondering if he’ll ever date me, but I was glad to express how I felt. Meeting all the other guys helped BIG TIME - if I haven’t found HIM (the one who adores me and I want to spend my life with), then I need to keep looking. My friend is at least a super good friend and paid my way into the dance because he knows I am struggling financially but he wants me to get out and be able to be social, and he told me after the dance that he will pay for me as often as I can come to the dances. It was a GREAT night! And there are at least a couple of guys I met that I wouldn’t be disappointed to see again – fun :)

Hey kids! I just made some pretty stupendous cocnut mylk! I just bought one of the older kind of cconut (the hairy brown kind) Opened it, used the water inside for my smootie this morn. and then grated the meat and then poured 2 cups of 100 degree water on it. I rang it out as best i could, and then took 1 cup of the grated pulp, threw it into the blender witht the water and blended. Squeezed out the solids and voila! YUM. Next time i will blend the entire amount of coconut, for a thincker richer mylk. i am working on making a raw version of Thai green curry and a cocnut soup called Tom Kok I. Don’t know if that the way you spell it! Anyhow, Tonights din din, will be raw vegi pot pie, I hope! Wish me luck!

Luna, st, om – How are you all feeling? I was really sick eating a bunch of cooked breads, etc. earlier in the week, but am getting much better being back to all raw the last couple of days.

om – How’s the healing? I made the meatloaf mix (which I told you reminds me of tuna salad) and my dad waited too long to try your cr-onion bread. There was a piece of it still in the fridge, and it was awesome with the stuff on it! I only wish there was more… :)

Oh, yeah – one more thing about dating – I have decided in the last couple of weeks to grow my hair back out long, because the type of guys I usually like the best are the type who are also more attracted to women with longer hair. And I have decided to make it a point to avoid garlic for the most part, unless it’s maybe a day when I know I won’t be around anyone, or if I have a date and we can share the food, lol ;) Hey, I figure I have to do what I can, but so far I’m not going to give up onions; we’ll see how that one goes! :) Have a great day, everyone!

Luna, st, om – How are you all feeling? I was really sick eating a bunch of cooked breads, etc. earlier in the week, but am getting much better being back to all raw the last couple of days.

om – How’s the healing? I made the meatloaf mix (which I told you reminds me of tuna salad) and my dad waited too long to try your cr-onion bread. There was a piece of it still in the fridge, and it was awesome with the stuff on it! I only wish there was more… :)

Oh, yeah – one more thing about dating – I have decided in the last couple of weeks to grow my hair back out long, because the type of guys I usually like the best are the type who are also more attracted to women with longer hair. And I have decided to make it a point to avoid garlic for the most part, unless it’s maybe a day when I know I won’t be around anyone, or if I have a date and we can share the food, lol ;) Hey, I figure I have to do what I can, but so far I’m not going to give up onions; we’ll see how that one goes! :) Have a great day, everyone!

Wow, Luna! You’re cruisin’ on the raw food inventions! Let me know how the experiments come out – the pot pie, especially! And thanks for sharing about your grandma’s goat – that’s hilarious! :D I need to laugh more; that’s probably why I’m loving this post so much! :)

OOOOOOH anigie! Good for you! (the dance) I would have waited forever for my hubby to have given me his number, so I gave him mine! I flirted with him shamelessly all night and DUH, he had no clue what was going on. He was so surprised when I handed him my number! He asked me out that night for that coming Wednesday!! And do you know what he said when I asked him how he could have not realized I was blatently flirting? He says, ‘I didn’t think you were serious, why would such a beautiful woman want me?’ How sweet? I then told him to have a better look in the mirror, cos he is gorgeous!!! So modest, my goodness! That fatefull day he ran into one of his good friends , who was coming to meet up with myself and some college friends of mine. i had only known Lyle for a couple months, so I hadn’t met Alex yet. Well, Lyle walks in, which is a great happy event, cos he is the funniest guy I know, always has me in stitches. Then I look past Lyle and see this GORGEOUS creature ! LOVE at first site! Wow, and the rest is almost 10 years of history!! :) Did any of that make sense?