Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Mangers in a Mange land...

Comments

• angie207angie207 Raw Master

Luna – awesome story – thanks for sharing! I just remembered one of the best things about the dance last night. I hadn’t been there a real long time yet, and I was in the bathroom and started talking to a woman about how I have avoided the dances for a long time but decided that I’m not going to meet anyone sitting at home. Then she told me about her sister who was always afraid to get out and go to dances. So the sister finally gets brave enough to go to her first dance at age 31, and that night she met the guy she ended up marrying! :) It changed my outlook even more, and I think that’s what made me really get more brave and open up to good possibilities :) Yay, girls talking in the bathroom!

Luna – awesome story – thanks for sharing! I just remembered one of the best things about the dance last night. I hadn’t been there a real long time yet, and I was in the bathroom and started talking to a woman about how I have avoided the dances for a long time but decided that I’m not going to meet anyone sitting at home. Then she told me about her sister who was always afraid to get out and go to dances. So the sister finally gets brave enough to go to her first dance at age 31, and that night she met the guy she ended up marrying! :) It changed my outlook even more, and I think that’s what made me really get more brave and open up to good possibilities :) Yay, girls talking in the bathroom!

• Luna bluLuna blu Raw Newbie

See, there you go! Get out there and meet people! A girlfriend of mine is marrying a guy she met at one of the singles dances she used to go to! You are right, you wont’ meet someone sitting at home, unless it’s a burgler! ;)

Or a salesman – Then I would probably shut the door in his face ;) I just put some sprouted wheat & barley pretzels in the dehydrator, and some twisted breadsticks that I plan to brush garlic & olive oil on later (not going out tonight, I just remembered my thing about garlic – maybe I can taper off…) and some plain bread to use for sandwiches or whatever. I used to down whole wheat manna bread half a loaf at a time or more! Then they stopped making the wheat one, then I found out it wasn’t raw – now that I have the right juicer and dehydrator, I can make my own – and waaaay cheaper. The bread would probably be good with that veggie pot pie, Luna – too bad you live in another country! :D

angie, sounds yummy! I love the taste of cocnut oil and garlic, and I usually make garlic ‘butter’ that way. Usually 1 tbsp. coconut oil (not melted) small clove of garlic crushed, dash of dried basil. Mix it all up and spread onto fave raw bread and throw into the dehydrator till the oil goes melty! YUUUUUUUUUMY!

I think my raw veg. pot pie is going to be nice!! My hubby has agreed to have one! :)

• omshantiomshanti Raw Newbie

hi all! sounds like you all are having a great time danceing and creating recipes…id be interested int he pot pie too luna as the one i made was ok but not great! anyhoo we went to card night last night up north at a friend of hubbys, she has one every few months or so…its lots of fun, south african rummy is what we play and we ususlaly play well into the wee hours! i won two hands, but sitting that long was killer on my butt(which while still horrifying is getting better!) anyhoo the family that host the card night are all vegitarians, so we meet t this sweet little resteraunt called the veggie grill soon to be a franchise near you…no stoner hippie types there that zooey hates so much, its very bisto like and great food! well as i ate my mostly raw salad( had some acoutreiments that where not raw like steamed quinoa)i watched them gobble their wheat meat sandwhiches and thought hmmmm, there was a time i loved tempeh and wheat meat….and tofu. i cant even think about that kind of process to my food now…i did sucumb to a few sweet potoatoe fries but i burped those all night!!!! as far as eating out options im thrilled there is a veggiterian place that appeals to mainstream…but for me personally ill eat my food fresh and unprocessed!

my goat cheese endevours where mozerrella, cream cheese and a soft havarti like cheese with dill, i never made hard cheese….but goats milk cheddar sounds devine!

angie, i had my hair short like yours for years and years, when i moved out west i let it grow…seems like guys do go for the long tresses, interesting! its half way down my back now and while im not one to fool with it i do enjoy it even if it lives in a comb or a clip or a ponytail! teehee you’ll find someone jsut like luna and myself, i beleive my favorite horse training quote applies here:” it takes as long as it takes” meaning no amount of rushing it or wanting it makes it go any faster than its meant to but at least you can be proactive and have fun waiting! are you in a rural or city environment?

Blue thanks for the call, im fine really turned amajor corner in my mind set and will heal physically…grin

Luna – I hadn’t thought of coconut butter! I made the breadsticks totally plain and then drenched them in a blended mixture of olive oil, garlic and salt – and scarfed! Good thing I made a big batch, i probably ate about a third of it for dinner! :) I have now only some bread (which may or may not have gotten too dry!?) and maybe one pretzel left!

Om – I’m glad you’re starting to get better :) I believe your quote about horses. I guess I’m just getting my butt off the couch to go out and start training! “If you never meet the horses, it takes a lot longer!” heehee I’m in a small and disappearing rural section of a mostly city environment (about 20 miles from Salt Lake City) – more suburbs, but there is a little here and there where people have animals still. It’s just weird, I think, because I lived in a very rural area from age 3 until almost 14, and it’s a big part of me – I don’t thrive so much in a city environment, but a lot of the people I meet have never known anything different. Like the guy who was cracking up at the ridiculous idea of someone actually having a milk goat – can you imagine?!

Luna – I hadn’t thought of coconut butter! I made the breadsticks totally plain and then drenched them in a blended mixture of olive oil, garlic and salt – and scarfed! Good thing I made a big batch, i probably ate about a third of it for dinner! :) I have now only some bread (which may or may not have gotten too dry!?) and maybe one pretzel left!

Om – I’m glad you’re starting to get better :) I believe your quote about horses. I guess I’m just getting my butt off the couch to go out and start training! “If you never meet the horses, it takes a lot longer!” heehee I’m in a small and disappearing rural section of a mostly city environment (about 20 miles from Salt Lake City) – more suburbs, but there is a little here and there where people have animals still. It’s just weird, I think, because I lived in a very rural area from age 3 until almost 14, and it’s a big part of me – I don’t thrive so much in a city environment, but a lot of the people I meet have never known anything different. Like the guy who was cracking up at the ridiculous idea of someone actually having a milk goat – can you imagine?!

Veggi pot pie truned out good! My hubby even liked it!! Yay!

ok, so are ya gonna post the recipe, or just tease us? :)

The guy I asked out the other day got engaged over the weekend – Yay! It makes me happy when people find what threy’re looking for – just more proof it will happen for me, too. Although it will be nicer when what they’re looking for is me heehee ;)

st – thanks! It’s the one painting from this semester that I love! Let’s hope my teacher does, as well :) That’s funny – podunkville! My grandma used to have “dinner” (big meal) in the middle of the day, and then a sandwich or something lighter for “supper” in the evening. My parents do the same thing – on Sundays only! Whenever they get home from church is “dinner” whether it’s noon or 5 pm. The rest of the week it’s lunch and then supper or dinner at night – it’s like they aren’t sure whether they’re old or not? Weird, but whatever. I just eat when I’m hungry. Last night I had raw lemon cookies for “dinner” in the evening. I’m sort of a black sheep that way, I guess. heehee :D

Luna – That is crazy – I never looked close enough, so I’ve just been thinking it was a little bit of a strange-looking dog :)

st berry you would love our card game there is cursiing in yiddish and afrikaans…most of us are colled dumb ass at least once and all kinds of embarassing topics come up…we have a grand time! margaritas and wine all aorund then french press coffee( herbal tea for me…whaaaaaa)deserts candy and chips and salsa are a staple, and i bring one raw dessert and one vegan dessert usually pie or cobbler…anyhow its a hoot… i crack up at your attemps to fit in in the south..its gotta be south if they are asking about supper and dinner and crick..or could be the midwest..any how do they say soda or pop? teehee now all ya gotta do is work those old gals at the Y and you’ll have more free produce than you can shake a stick at! especially zuccini which no one ever learns their lesson from…two zuccinni plants are one two many!!!! ive read pat conroy…i likey! reading an incredible book now, true story of a wacked family!!! funny in a train wreck sorta way!

how goes the dateing angie?

luna la loca where is that recipe for vegg pie?

Yeah, raw pot pie – I’m going shopping; tell me what to buy! :)

Nothing new with dating, but finals are next week, and I’m at school just taking a stress break to chat with y’all. I may even pass this calss! :) My son is on spring break all week, and my mom is going out of town. She is being AWESOME and taking him with her so I will have more time to catch up on school stuff! Hooray! :) It’s weird – even though I need the break/time, I’m going to miss him for 3 days! I have decided on a goat, but I have to get a place ready and wait to make sure I have the money. My son says he wishes we could just stop and buy one right now at the health food store when we go buy our food! He’s not excited ;) If I can get enough done and have transportation, I may go to a dance on Friday night… And I started digging so I can get my garden in! :D Out West here, people say crick, pop, etc. and my grandma with the dinner thing was from Idaho originally and then moved to Colorado. I’ve tried to train my parents, but people are funny.

Cute guy just walked into the computer lab, then I found out he’s a professor, then I saw his wedding ring. :( Oh well, sometime. )

st – I’ll keep my eyes open for your type at the dances, too ;) I was asked to dance by an older guy at the dance last weekend, and I was thinking he’s too old for me, but maybe for st :D haha – but then he was real active – good dancer, and he had just gotten back from doing some work in Mexico, so I realized he’ll be around way too long for you, and I’d better look for the ones that are just sitting around the whole night. Just trying to help. grin:)

• jenergyjenergy Raw Newbie

Well, as usual, I checked in on this thread after a couple days and there’s just WAY TOO MUCH stuff to address directly. So, hello all! That’ll have to suffice.

Angie… you painted your icon picture? That is gorgeous. I mean, wow. My one and only attempt at painting on a canvas actually made me laugh out loud (this was in high school art class, long, long ago). I was thinking it was going to be like drawing. NOT. Heh. Very nice picture.

And here’s something disturbing to leave you all with. Today on my way to work I was behind a big ol’ pickup truck with those testicle-looking things hanging down from the undercarriage in back (wtf, anyway?) and there was a bumper sticker that said, “If God didn’t want us to eat animals, He wouldn’t have made ‘em outta meat.”

Uh. Yeah.

Strawberry, you call yours Podunkville, I call mine Hicksville. Hehehe… ;o)

Love to all!

Jen

jenergy – thank you! Thank goodness painting is NOT like drawing, for me anyway! :) But there is a guy in my class who is amazing at drawing and he has really struggled with painting.

I have a ton to do in the next few days, so I’m off! I went today and bought some prepared raw food, a bunch of fruit – fresh plus some dried figs, some young Thai coconuts and a block of raw goat milk cheddar to get me through the next couple of days without having to spend a lot of time in the kitchen. I must be needing the extra fuel, because I have already eaten the package of raw cookies, 1/3 pound of the cheese, some leftover nutloaf mixture (like 1 cup or so), a large banana, 2 figs, & water from 1 huge young coconut, and that was just dinner and supper heehee :D.

• Hi, hope it’s okay if I jump in! I just spent the last coupla hours reading through this entire thread! :p

I am a single mom with two boys, ages 13 and 11 – and I live in the middle of nowhere, New Mexico (northeast NM). I can totally relate to the dating thing – I haven’t had a date in months. Maybe it’s more like a year. I’m 42, so I ain’t gettin’ any younger. And around here, it’s all meat ‘n taters and chile. There aren’t any vegetarian restaurants, let alone anyplace to get a raw meal, LOL. I am forging ahead alone, that’s for sure.

I must need extra fuel. I’m only finishing up my third full day of raw, and I can’t stop eating. It’s not emotional eating, it’s full-on actual hunger. My tummy is making growling noises! I teach full time, eighth grade, and my tummy made noise all day. It amused the students, anyway…

So, hi! I am enjoying all the conversation.

Birdie

welcome Birdie! i have days where i eat a ton too since raw, so dont worry to much….feed your body what it wants….for instance i havent wanted anything with nuts for months outside a hand full here and there but nothing fancy, then i broke my butt and nuts are doing it for me again…go figure! teehee

i feel for you and angie and the dateing thing but i gotta tell ya, heven here in socal the pickins where slim! i dated two guys seriously(*shakin up the whole deal) two years each!!! freaking waste of time in the end…neither turned out to be what i was looking for then i met my hubby on that rediculous match .com go figure! hang in there! going to bed now! till tomarrow amigas!

Hi, Birdie! Thanks for joining us! And for reading all the posts – you are a patient woman! :) That’s funny about your tummy amusing your students! :D

• jenergyjenergy Raw Newbie

Hey Birdie, jump on in! I like your picture. I checked out your website, and your boys are TOO cute. My son is 10. When I saw your Mr. 13 at 6’2” I cracked up… and cringed. Three more years and my little guy won’t be so little anymore, either. He’s already almost 5 feet tall. And I’m only 5’4”. I knew when he was born a boy that eventually my baby would be bigger and taller than me, but now that it’s getting close it’s freaking me out a little! ;o)

Welcome to our free-for-all, rambling, all over the place, whatever you want, anything goes thread on gone raw. This one’s a hoot… I think a few like-minded conversationalists have taken it over completely. If you want to keep up, I suggest checking this thread oh… about every half hour? HAHA. I check in every couple days and wind up having a lot of reading to do!

Take it easy, everybody. Going to bed. Well, very soon anyway. It’s only ten to nine here (N. California), but I’ve been totally pooped for the last couple days. Hitting the hay early tonight. :o)

Hi again everyone! I have stayed up late painting – trying to get everything done before class tomorrow – final grading on all projects. One I am working on right now is a pic of a bowl of (raw) ice cream, painted pretty flat. The spoon spot is left white, though, and I have glued a real spoon to the canvas with “ice cream” dripping off it, like someone took the spoon from the painting and ate some of the ice cream :) I’ll post it when I get it done, but I had to explain it before, because I don’t know if you’ll be able to tell the 3D effects in the pic. Fun idea; I just hope it comes out.

st – I would love to read your story – will you email it to me? angiesgemstonejewelry@yahoo.com

Only in the South would Dairy Queen serve biscuits and gravy! Have you told your friends and they refuse to get it, or do they just not really know? My friend had a lady from church who would always bring her treats. My friend is not raw, but she has started changing a lot of what she eats. She told the lady she wasn’t eating red meat, chocolate, dairy, etc. and the lady still kept bringing her food with all those things in it. One time my friend told this lady she was going to a raw food restaurant with me, and the lady was totally confused – What do they have there? My friend told her she was sure they had some salads but didn’t know what else, and the lady said, “Well, you’ll have to stop by McDonalds on the way home so you can be sure you get enough to eat.” :D HAHAHA!!!!!! The whole thing just makes me laugh!

I met a lady at the health food store today who was very kind – the kind of person who is full of life and love and you just feel happy talking to them. :)

• jenergy – your “little” boy will be towering over you before you know it! My son, Louis (“13”) is such a good kid, but every once in a while I have to read him the riot act… while looking way way way UP at him! Ha ha ha ha! It’s weird, that’s for sure. :)

Thanks for the welcome, everyone! I’m so glad to be here. This forum is helping me stick to my new 100 percent raw lifestyle (ok, ok, I do drink herbal tea, I guess that isn’t allowed? Heck if I know).

I love the idea of just eating what one feels like eating, as long as it’s raw. My body will move into balance through this, I just know it.

Angie, your painting is GORGEOUS! I would love to see more of your work, do you have a website?

Big hugs to everyone this morning. I’m up early planning for school. A teacher’s job is never done!

Birdie

• good morning ladies, how has everyone been doing. I had to take a break from cyber world, me and the family just went through a major detox weekend all together at once, it was damn rough but I feel like a million bucks now.

Have you guys seen this new drink Strawvberry sublime with Passionate Bliss posted over at GIVEITTOMERAW.com

hey ardesmond welcome back ! im sorry i called you a weenie( you will have to read back post grasshoppa….to gain enlightenment!)

Angie, how awesomely talented of you, cant wait to see the icecream one…there was an artist my dad wanted to buy me a piece from she does huge paintings with realife things attatched…the one he wanted to get me was a actual wooden barndoor, a horses head was painted under the top door when you opened teh bottom door there was ther rest of thehorse and its foal laying in the straw! it was to die for…but so impractically big! i talked him out of it…sweet daddy!;) are you doing something with art as a major? a good friend of mine is a fine artist( print maker) he has a little studio in down town san diego but makes his liveing working for a tee shirt design company. have a blessed day!

st berry , no wonder we get along so well honey, my roots are more southern than pork rinds and RC! moms kin are from Jelico, TENNasee and dads folks are from etown Kentucky! i spent homeleaves in both places, “jek-eee-co” being my fav!6 weeks of southern bliss, snappin peas on the porch with granny and making bannana puddin’ and fried chicken on sundays. it was the land of three hour plus church services,hollers, visitin’ and crawdad huntin…sigh, miss my granny like crazy!(shes passed on ) she was a poet! raised 7 of her 8 kids was a widow 20 plus years of her life. she had more common sence than anyone ive ever met and she loved to laugh! ah well i wax all sentimental… oh and one more memmory if you can stand it!;0 there was a moving store, a guy in a truck would come buy on tuuesdays with produce milk and icecream and other junk. he always had a moonpie for me, and granny and i would buy a popsicle called the “bomb” it was red white and blue and would start dripping down my arm before i could get 1/3 of the way through it….ah good times

birdie, my granny was only 4foot 8 she still could whip her boys all 6 footers. they all came home from the service thinking they where all that and a bag of chips and granny would whip up on them if there was any sass! she used her shoe one time and that uncle of mine ended up on his backside in the yard! hahahhaha i cnat imagine raising a baby to a full size human, its gotta be amazing and scarey! i ve thought about it but me thinks my eggs are way to dusty now! teehee

• WEEENIE,,,, lol ….. Guess you thought I bailed, there is so much to read don’t think I would be able to find it.

OM ahhh yes the bomb popsicle I used to love those and the orange sherbet push up pops… does anyone remember those.

Wait a minute you called me a weenie it just set it, I need to find this post :0

Does anyone have A. phyo’s book I only need one recipe out of there and the book store around here doesn’t have a copy of it. I need the burger recipe out of there, I have spent my last 15 dollars for a burger from the raw food restaurant.

• ewwww I can’t take it you guys start talking about what kind of men you like hee hee…. I have enough estrogen between the two ladies I live with and the flax seeds I eat. THANKS but no THANKS>.......

just a quick helloooo to you all! Gosh I have no time to play!!

ardes – welcome back!

I will catch up on the convo. later if I have time!

i might be keeping that one for my cook book! Sorry! (talking about the pot pie!)

• daniefondaniefon Raw Newbie

I have Ani Phoyo’s book and I know the burger recipe you are talking about. I will bring it to work tomorrow and get it to you. I have also modified it and made meatball like things to serve with marinara and spiralized zuccini, excellent.

• yessss life saver daniefon…

Luna blu what’s up, guess you are busy doing the work thing as I am to.

again thanks daniefon it has been hell trying to get this recipe.