Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Mangers in a Mange land...

Comments

• bittbitt Raw Newbie

Thanks Angie!

YOu can do it Little Birdie! Yeah the other day I was making something with Peanut butter for my dog and I totally thought I would be tempted by it. I was actually nauseous from it. Weird, huh?

• omshantiomshanti Raw Newbie

ooooookkkkkaaaaaaaay? i was just munching my fresh roll salad( a thai fresh roll with no wrapper heavy on th mung bean sprouts and coated in nutbutter dressing!) perusing topics and i swear there was a whole like 6 posts here form nyc gal and bitt and angie and birdie that all disappeared right as i was reading! what the heck?

ginuss piggus is very funny by the way winonna wonder if berry was refering to your avatar? not that you could see his little virtual paw in the small version...wink wink

angie never underestimate the power of the mommy mafia, they network weedle and spread the word like nobodys business! yay for moms!

nycgirl, how did you covert him? ive tried everything! best i can do is salad twice a week for dinner and sprouts on his sandwiches!

Birdie yaya you for being all fruity! teehee have fun with your daughter! does she resemble your sons, in any way? so cool…..

now hey are back! ok im going to go do yoga now, clearly my mind is going!

• angie207angie207 Raw Master

Winona – Cute piggy!!! Don’t know if you were responding to my post, but my sis is coming into town, and it sounds like what we’re doing for fun is…going out to eat! yay. I was getting excited about getting together with everyone for her birthday, but I’ll be shoveling salad :) Happily, this time, because it’s HER birthday, & she can choose what she wants – I was just hoping for at least a movie or SOMETHING – oh, well – like I said: it’s HER birthday, not mine :)

I am so excited! I went to buy a few jewelry supplies, and the craft store was clearancing some of the stuff I buy regularly, which made it even cheaper than I pay for it when ordering wholesale! I bought as much as my little budget could stand. Then, in the mail this afternoon, I got a check from someone who owed me some money, so I’m going back to the craft store tomorrow. I also found a few necklaces I had made & not sold yet, so this boutique is going to be better stocked than I thought!

Birdie – If you really want to see some of my jewelry, you can email me (address on my profile), & I can email pics to you. Or tell me if you have something in mind, & I’ll design it for you. :)

• bittbitt Raw Newbie

omshanti I hear ya. I am working on my husband he loves raw desserts and green and not green smoothies and salads, etc. but he also loves his vegan SAD food (VAD??) like popcorn and stuff. Nycgirl, what did you do, hypnotize him?

As for the disappearing posts, I think there is a ghost on this site!

Love your piggie Winona!

Angie you are so generous to go out with your sister. It is a gift to her you know.

bitt – Thanks!

I took a pic of my living room “factory” yesterday for you all to see – it’s named a factory so my son can’t play in it – it’s only for factory workers & the things made in the factory :) heehee Oops, I just realized it’s not on here yet – I’ll go do that now. :)

whats shakin raw bacons? have to run wanted to bump our thread, we have a reputaion you know!!!

I’m crazy getting ready for the boutique in a couple of days, but it’s all good. I’m also doing a lot more food prep. & different shopping so I can help Superman eat more raw foods! How’s everyone doing?

A poem;” the death of a thread”

I think its official, our thread is now dead; no heartbeat, no breathe and no blinking. and to think it was started by lately departed zooey-man who noted cows stinking!

who knew at the time how fun and sublime new friendships began and where nurtured. We laughed and cried and shared and replyed to each others kind questions and comments, while it brings a tear to me eye, to say to all here goodbye, we had some incredible moments!

well now you know im not a poet….see yall round the forum! kisses and hugs!

hahaha angie you where writing as i wrote our death poem, maybe there is life after death!! hahahaha

om – Thanks – I thought you were kicking me off. :( Life after death, heeheehee :) I have been crazy stressed & busy, but NOOOOOO! I don’t want our thread gone forever!

Oh, and I LOVED the poem!

angie, so cool about your jewelry sale, hope you make tons of cash!

berry, the site is tempermental lately couldnt get on for a day or so then wham , back to greased lightening. a freind of mine told me about finally feeling at home after her kids where born too. i dont think ill have the chance to find that one out….i have been contimplating my need to keep on keeping on…still havent found home…not unhappy, a little stressed at the cost of things and none to pleased with my gross neighbors but pretty darn contented otherwise…like maryland, i loved my house there but knew i wasnt going to stay there forever, and thats how i feel about socal, never a place i want to stay forever….. it will be 8 years ive lived here in socal in sept. ill give it till 10 years but them im outa here! teehee, lets hope the relaestate market gets back some of its zip by then!

where is everyone else? hi guys!( waving energetically at the screen) off to make kombucha cheese now~!!!

morning sproutlings! jsut got off the free green bag thread…wow some sniping there for sure, but angie had a good question about the garbage bags….im still trying to fiigure that one out, not to use plastic! we only have like 1.5 a week after recycling and all but still thats still to much a year or over 10 years…sigh, ideas?

im going to try growing my own scoby again from a bottle of gts for kombucha, just cant bring myself to buy one from a stranger….yuck…last time it failed but its hot out now so maybe! i am making the sourdough cheese that water baby posted, its a bubblin away…smells heavenly too. i want to try a cracker and pulp bread with the stuff!

whats shakin with everyone else? Berry are you feeling better? fresh juice! yep it is wonderful! i have been making loaves and loaves of zuccini bread and have a n abundance of zuccinni juice frozen it was very fresh tasteing and not at all bitter so i fiured it could be made into a soup or something…. ive given up the food proccesor for now as i cut off a good piece of my middle finger a few weeks ago! its healing amazingly well with the nail grown back and everything but i still break out intoa col d sweat when i see my food procesor so i guess ill juice the stuff for the foreseable future!

thought for the day, whilst typing away like mad this morning we had a brief power outage, something that we lived with daily over seas but something im pitifully under prepared for here and now, but since im leading this pared down life now, should i keep an emergencykit handy? you know food for a month , candles, battreies, ect ect…hmmmm( i certaimnly dont want to eat out of a can, but if i had to i would! what about you guys?

• WinonaWinona Raw Newbie

wow making kombucha how brave!

i was wondering where this thread went. oo zucchini bread do you mean raw zucchini bread? oh my you cut yourself on the food processor how? hope you’re feeling better.

i found out i have to get out my wisdom teeth, disappointing news. right now i’m moving apartments, lots of planning to do.

agreed i’ve thought i should keep emergency stuff handy. i have candles and spare food around. but i haven’t entirely prepared.

stRAWberry – funny about the ultimatum to your husband – i guess it worked!

I have an emergency kit in my backpack at all times – change of clothes, food for 3 days (dried fruit, nuts, etc.), flashlight, first aid kit, emergency fire blankets, water bottles, washcloths, soap, toothpaste & brushes, tampons, etc…. It’s in my backpack so I can grab it in a hurry if there’s a fire, or earthquake (I live on a mojor fault line, so it’s just a matter of time), or something else where we had to get out of the house in a hurry. I’m thinking I should put some cash in there, too. In the basement, I have extra food (nuts, grains, beans, oils, dried fruits & veggies, raw cacao, agave, raw nut butter, seeds for sprouting, water for two weeks or more, seasonings, pancake mix & tuna for Superman…), candles, toilet paper, etc. – everything I would need if I can’t get to the store or if the stores don’t have what I would need, if there’s no electricity or running water, etc. etc. etc. I just heard from an Albertsons employee that their drivers are planning to go on strike in the next month or two because they can’t afford the fuel, so they won’t be able to get food into their store. Same for SuperTarget and a Utah chain grocery store. She recommended going to Costco and buying a 300-day supply of food. It made me feel grateful that I have been working to have an emergency supply on hand. Although I don’t have 300 days’ worth yet, I’m working toward one year’s worth of food (or more) eventually. Peace of mind is worth a lot, & it’s hard to do well in an emergency situation, or to help anyone else, if you can’t eat. :)

• WinonaWinona Raw Newbie

wow that is really good to hear about your emergency kit. it is very admirable that you have gotten so organized. i’ve begun my emergency kit, and backup food supply.. 2 lbs seeds, olive oil, nut butter, raw cacao, seasonings, 20 lbs nuts, grains, soaps, warm clothing, candles. I need to store water, tp, and more. i have seed starter trays and soil for sprouting, too. Now i just need to build that emergency kit, and hoard some cash. I live in just two small rooms, so it’s a tight squeeze.

Yes, it was definitely more challenging in an apartment – I’m fortunate to live with my parents & have a little room to store my extra stuff in their basement. Preparedness is a primciple in our church, so I’ve been hearing about emergency kits & storing food since I was born. I had good examples – even when we were really poor when I was a kid, my parents had always followed that counsel from our church leaders to have some extra food stored, and we never starved. I was shocked when I got married to someone who grew up never having food in the house & he didn’t want me to go shopping if we still had rice and a can of tomatoes – we weren’t out of food yet. To me, we were out of food when we got down to ten times that amount of stuff! :D

Trays & soil sound like a good idea – I used to store that stuff, but here, we don’t get enough sun in the house. Still, I store extra garden seeds. :)

st – I’m sad for you! :(

And sorry to everyone for bringing up religion on a raw food forum. Forgive me? I think I need a blog. :)

st – Identity theft HAHAHAHA! :D Very true – I have to be subjected to all the other stuff people post – I just care & don’t want to offend, so once in a while I worry about the way I say things. No reactions, & you’re right – I guess I should be able to say whatever I want. Thanks!:)

• stRAWberry, I am laughing so hard at your description of what’s gone on in this forum recently! Ha ha ha ha! And how the heck did I miss the naked nipples?! (Uh, don’t tell me, I don’t wanna look!)

Angie, don’t worry! I think that being prepared is a smart thing. I am not prepared at all. I’m still working on my list of 100 things. I have been thinking about moving to a more tropical location, someplace with good water, where I can set up a little farm. Being self-sufficient makes sense to me.

• BluedolfinBluedolfin Raw Newbie

angie~ Great emergency pack. Just a thought though… is a basement the optimum place to store it especially in earthquake country? It might be more adventitious regarding accessible in case of emergency to have it in a ground floor area, close to a door. That way at the first sign of an emergency you are not using valuable time, potential danger, and accessibility of going down stairs, going to the lowest place in the house, then having to go back up stairs. Just a thought…

May you NEVER have to use it for an emergency!

Much success with your boutique showing.

stRAWberry~ Could it be trademark infringement??? ...a similar name and pic that may confuse people? But then again… imitation is the highest form of flattery. ;)

stRAWberry~ I didn’t think “the other” strawberry was intentionally stealing your identity… It was your trademark I was referring to. There must be something about the first one type of thang… :) TMI on the Huck and you thang. hahaha But my best to you on reassessing the situation. Enjoy! :)

bluedolphin – Yes, absolutely! I keep my backpack upstairs where it’s easy to grab and my extra/longer term stuff in the basement, with boards across the fronts of the shelves to keep things from crashing to the floor & breaking open if/when there’s an earthquake.

The boutique was CRAP today! Hardly anyone coming through, and six other booths with jewelry stuff, including a lady advertising “Handmade Gemstone Jewelry” that was lower quality, but still so cheap I thought it couldn’t be made in this country. I asked her if she made the stuff, and she does. I said that she must not be making very much per hour & asked her how she can sell the stuff so cheap. She said she doesn’t figure making anything per hour, she just knows what the materials cost & she tries “to keep it reasonable.” I think it’s unreasonable to work and not charge for your time. :D I didn’t sell anything at all today, and halfway through the day I was so frustrated I wanted to cry & pack it all up and never try to sell jewelry again. But, my friend is in charge of the boutique, so I stayed for her, I guess. Besides, I was trying very hard to act like a grown-up. ;) I traded another vendor some jewelry for a dress, and another girl at another booth is a costume designer who was just helping at her friend’s booth. She liked the wire earring tree I made, and I never find clothes long enough for my tall self, so she is going to make me a shirt in trade for my making her an earring tree. A couple of people took my business cards.

angie: Sorry that the boutique gig wasn’t as fruitful for you as you wanted. Good for you for being the “grown-up.” Do you have any raw classes coming up that you might want to have flyers for at your booth?... or even a biz card with something about raw classes/coaching?... might as well cross pollinate. :) I have the opposite issue with cloths… mine are usually to long. Hey, I can give you the extra length I don’t need… it will average out just perfect… I just don’t wear a lot of dresses though. :o)

Better results for the rest of the gig…

stRAWberry: ;)

Remember the freeze-dried water packets for your kits… you just add water and stir. hehehe

Um… I don’t know if I can answer that… How do I know it is really you asking? hehehe

I store sun-dried tomatoes and dried fruits for vitamin C, but a good quality supplement might be a good idea, too. Yes, of course I’d share! I think that’s part of the reason I want to store food. History here: The counsel to store food came from our church leaders I think starting in 1937. My great-great grandfather stored enough food that when there was a year with no crops, he was able to feed his own huge family, plus 100 other people, for a whole year! I don’t have the finances to store a year’s worth of raw foods for me and Superman plus 100 other people, but it’s a good goal, I suppose. :) I am trying to focus now on cheaper seeds, grains, beans, etc. to bulk up the calories in storage.