Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Mangers in a Mange land...

Comments

• angie207angie207 Raw Master

birdie – cute pic! I love storms!

• bittbitt Raw Newbie

Birdie I like your picture. The colors are great. I gave myself a haircut a while ago. It was a disaster. Then I tried to get my husband to fix it for me and he wouldn’t. Then I finally got my nerve up to get it fixed professionally but until then I had to wear it up for a few weeks.

I am using some of Fruitarian’s tips for free on his website but I can’t pop the $300 for the whole thing. But wait, if all I was eating was watermelon I might be able to. I could use my food budget for the month on it. Actually, never mind, that watermelon the other day I got was $8. So anyhow for now I am just doing the crunches part of it into my routine. Today’s boot camp involved lounging at the beach. ;-)

Angie forget the e-book, you should put together raw emergency kits and charge a fortune for them! I would get one. Then I would duct tape it together before I even looked at it so I would not get tempted to nibble. Actually, you are smart to do one. One of my students with diabetes had a huge crate of stuff in case of emergency.

Barbies…used to cut the hair off too. Then to my friends I’d say it was my brother who did it. Although he did also break the legs off of them and once colored on one. My mom didn’t believe in them but my friends always gave me them for birthdays. But most of the time I played with either the dollhouse or my brother’s cars. That is when I wasn’t exploring our vast backyard. I’m with you Angie, I was the one in the woods creating forts or making fairy houses. Ahh the good memories (unlike the haircutting ones).

bitt – heeheehee – I saw a raw food three-day emergency food kit for sale once, but I looked in it & knew I would eat it all right after I bought it. So I didn’t buy it. Then I was trying to figure out how many I could afford per month so I wouldn’t have to make anything – just eat the dehydrated food from the kit & fresh fruits & veggies. It was cost prohibitive, but I dreamed…:)

• omshantiomshanti Raw Newbie

yeah barbie stories but first: Birdie how cute are you? love the do and you did it yourself!!! cute! definitly would attract a b-12 donor! told my fiends about that one and it has become part of our girl speak today for instance at lunch a salad buffet with some sort of unidentified soup simmering at the end of it friend quips” whats this sh#t? b-12 for sure!” teehee “Booch” is another one of our “words” its like the word “dude” depending on the tone and corresponding facial expression…ie ” man , did you see tht booch cut me off?” or ” hey boochie, pass me the broccoli”or ” i love ya boochie booch…” hugs …a yes, our own little language you can play too, define “moby sticks”......come on give it a try, hint: its totally innocent not phalic in the least…...

I had two barbies, one you pulled a string out the back of her neck and she spoke, of course i washed her so she sounded like alvin the chipmunk, and all i ever remember her saying was” gggrrrrf, tweedle zip?” the she had curly brown hair and blue eye shadow, the newer barbie withthe boobies and blonde hair had an afghan hound and a car and town house…never liked either of them as much as my brenda breyer doll who was possable and fit the breyer horse models i had, i have notebooks full of her adventures on her farm with her 27 horses and 15 dogs( including the afghan she stole from barbie, never mind it was as big as the horses!) 5 cats and a goat brenda had riding clothes and jeans and i made her a western outfit. she had a love affair with alec ramsey from the black stallion books,they wrote letters back and forth but they never seemed to really hook up( as he didnt exsist in doll form) ah good times!

ohhhh birdie a storm? whats that like, its freaking sunny here…since you lived here, you know how special any weather is to socalites…anyone who has never lived in socal wouldnt get that the endless sunny weather sucks the will to live right out!! im not kidding! youde have to be here for 8 straight years to get it…really im not making this up! ;) checkin with queen fluff iin a few years she’ll be going bonkers too out in silicone valley!

• WinonaWinona Raw Newbie

Always sunny.. you live in California.. own horses… SHAME on you for wanting to move! That’s my McDreamy House! (Yes, I dabbled in Grey’s Anatomy, so sue me!) Om, you’re such a booch! (Even my guinea pig is angry.. he’ll juice on you!)

Angie – hide those emergency kits around the house – forget em – and find them later!

birdie – the haircut is fab! what can you eat after all that watermelon?

Wi: pack your 100 items and move on out here….Whats stoppin’ ya? hmmmmm? grin! yeah call me the “weather griper” but honest to goodness, having no seasons is over rated…. oh wait, there ARE seasons, fire season, santa anna( bloody hot constant wind) season…..yeah nothing but living and laughin out here….uh huh where I really want to live is camelot! rains all night sunny and cool all day…. oh lancelot where for art thou, lancelot? then we have horses , weather, accents and costumes what could be better? oh and mos t likely natural hygeine too hahahaha big grin! wink wink no guess on the meaning of moby sticks huh? chicken…..

tell that guinnea rat of yours he’d go good with a nice chianti…oh wait, i dot eat meat any more;0)...i saw some crazy curly haired guinnea rats at the feed store today …very cuddly and cute!

• bittbitt Raw Newbie

No! you are bursting my California bubble too! There has got to be one perfect place on earth.

• The perfect place? My beautiful Land of Enchantment… New Mexico! I love it here, so much, that it hurts when I think of moving somewhere else. Because I live in the foothills of the Rockies, I can get fresh raspberries, black berries, apples, peaches, cherries. Loads of produce. :) I have three apple trees and a peach tree in my yard, all big producers this year. I just put in some raspberry bushes, I’m excited about that.

Plus the people are kind, strange, and wonderful.

... this message brought to you by the New Mexican Goth Middle Aged Mom Society…

Bitt, I didn’t pay for the boot camp, I worked out a trade with Richard where I am doing some writing for him. He was so great about it, he’s such a positive and fun person. I am learning an incredible amount about working out, too. I lost 8 pounds in the past week and a half! And I can see wee muscles forming! Woooooot! I need to change my identity to Muscled New Mexican Middle Aged Goth Mom.

Angie, check your mail! I honestly think we should put together an eBook that you can sell on your new site, I am not kidding. And I love bitt’s suggestion about actually creating the packs as well. You have some great money makers here.

okay, I better get to work, I have deadlines today, eeeek. Procrastination is my middle name.

one perfect place? well in my travels it has to be new zealand, south island….i didnt get to explore to much outside the big citys in the land of OZ but the area surrounding hwere those penguins come ashore is spectacular! as for this country: cannon beach oregon,central coast of Cali(lompoc, SLO, pismo beach ect) are my faves….san diego is great guys, it is, im not trying to be a booch about it, but its crowded, expensive and fast paced! i have the same romantic vision of new england…and i hear its crowded, cold, expensive ect ect….

this might be fun, what does your ideal place possess?

• I used to live in So Cal and LOVED it. I miss the ocean, I miss my friends. But I couldn’t afford to live there. And the traffic! Holy cow! I don’t miss that one bit. So you’re not being a booch, om, just a pragmatist.

I’ve heard the Oregon coast is wonderful, but I’ve never been there.

I grew up in New England, but would never go back. Too cold!!!

• Woke up this morning with some heavy duty detox, feeling super crappy, headache, light-headed, stomach pains. Blah. It’s that point in my juice fast where I want to quit.

Birdie sorry you feel lousy! i did a smoothie feast before my surgery and it wasnt as hard as i thought it would be but i gotta say, my system has never been the same since then….rellay working hard on trying to pay close attnetion to my cravings not to what i feel i should eat! this week ive wanted fruit so ive indulged, 5 or 6 nectarines a day, watrmelon for dinner, berries for a snack, apples….this morning i ate a bannana and now its a chocolate berry shake….not feeling the greens for some reason! also ive been eating my squash and eggplant jerky if i want salt….so far its seems horribly unbalanced when i think about it but i feel great and satisfied…weird huh?

pragmatist, yeah better than booch huh? teehee if you ever want to do a house swap let me know….always thought it would be great to see other parts of the country with out the hotel expense! think how many places we could visit with all the people from all over on this site! course there are my farm animals to contend with( i have a great pet sitter but visitors would still have to like critters as m any as we have!!)

could i pay you for some of your time once i get my new brochure pdf in order? need some honest opinions!

where is everybody? Berry , angie? Wi? bitt?

om – Hi! Funny you should ask where I am just before I got on here – I must have heard you call ;)

birdie – That stinks you’re not feeling well :( Hope it passes quickly. I emailed you back – let me know what you think; I need honest opinions, too. :)

I’m getting ready for a trip to Seattle this weekend for a family reunion & my cousin’s bridal shower – so I’m planning menus, shopping, packing, making food to take, etc. My Mom & Superman & I will be driving (15 hours or so). Actually, that means I will be driving, since Superman is six and my mom doesn’t like to drive much any more. We’re leaving early Friday morning & getting back late Tuesday night. We’ll even get to hang out with bitt while we’re there! :)

om – squash & eggplant jerky?! Is the recipe posted on here? That sounds good!

I’m here! Birdie – hope you feel better. I read in another forum about the car accident and subsequent back pain… I really super duper hope that it gets better over time.

om – house swapping sounds fun! I’ll trade your house+horses for my 200 sq. ft apartment any day! Does the husband come with your house? Cause he’s a cutie! Is he a fireman? Looks like one. I always crush on air force and firemen. And Luke Wilson, that hot hottie actor. And now birdie’s raw work out coach. And Sergei Boutenko. If any of them want a date, tell em i’m hankering for a piece of raw man-na bread!

you’re goth now birdie? How fab. I don’t think you can be muscled and goth, however. Skinny, pale and pasty make the goth world go round! That way, black looks more offensive when draped over a pale, moody body.

New Zealand is gorgeous… i’ve seen photos of the mountains, crystal clear lakes, and green everywhere! But I’m thrilled to live where I do – Ithaca, NY. We have a raw restaurant, farmer’s markets, huge arts scene, old school natty dread hippies, new school prius driving green living hip hippies. We have lakes, waterfalls, gorges, adirondacks, rolling hills, woods, state parks. Jealous yet?

Wi! jelouse that im not as content im my paradise as you are in yours! how do you do it? Told hubby about the fireman thing…hes flattered and horrified at the same time! Hubby would be coming with me on any temporary house swaps of course…whats the fun of leaving his cute buttocks home? affordable travel, Yeah baby!

friend of mine was having a case of the blahs today , had been talking to her dooms day friends….it struck me then, i think americans are going to rise to the occastion. we are inovators, we are tough and we will adapt and change and perservere regardless of war or depression or declining currency. we will guys, i feel it in my bones!! im full of hope for my fellow american today…dont know what the change is…. guess its jsut all the freaking bad press, sence of gloom and never ending war….hell, we have to get real….the “free” press wont help us get there, we have to get there ourselves and believe others are getting there too. I wasnt going to vote but you know now i am…and im going to believe others will too and we will move forward and get out of this state we all find our selves in! hurray USA!...dont ask me where this all came from! maybe the beeer?

Angie be careful and have fun on yoru trip….i love the pacific north west! i hope to go to australia in the new year, trypng like heck to get a horse clinic organized there…i cna stay with friends and since my articles are being published there no via organic horse mag..you never know, a workig vacay! hurray! gotta feed horses, now im being paged!! xoxo and hugs its a great day~!

I love where I live because I’m addicted to doing things outdoors – and most important, I get involved. I really have a ball here.. I get totally into farmer’s markets and i’m an avid sports fan (kayak, hike with friends), attend music shows, bike to parks, connect with the huge vegan scene via potlucks, volunteer occasionally at our coop market, volunteer to promote the raw foods restaurant. I’m in one outdoorsy club at the university here, and i plan to start a raw club (wish me luck) this fall, if possible.

oo visiting australia would be great!

Wi, that is a really good point, im not to involved here in San Diego except the local farmers market, seems like that may be what is missing! im out doors all the time and hubby and i motorcycle ride together…last week for the first time in 8 years i went to the beach and hung out for 2 hours..ive never done that, ive walked on the beach , had breakfast at the beach , but never layed in the sand and read…weird huh theres jsut not enough time in the day! im gonna make an effort though…

this will be my second trip to the land of oz but its been 8 years since my last visit and that was 3 weeks long, you need like two months jsut to see most of it, this trip ill do inland …last trip i did half the coast( brisbane up to sydney up to the rainforest out to the reef on turtle island and then to new zealand) I hope i can get it to work out!

Wow! I’ve never been out of the US – Australia WOULD be fun! I’m leaving first thing tomorrow morning, & it should be fun.

• BluedolfinBluedolfin Raw Newbie

angie~ Have a safe and fun trip. If you have a chance, if you are into stuff like this, check out the underground tour in Seattle. I think Sman and you might find it interesting. The current city is build over the structure of the burnt remains of the original city. On the tour that I was on many, many moons ago, the highlight was the brothel toilet. The tour guide took such pleasure in telling us about it. :)

• bittbitt Raw Newbie

blue-yeah the underground tour was fun. i finally went on it after 5 years living here. i went with my student so he skipped all the brothel references, but we got a lot of potty humor. they loved it. we have been watching “deadwood” and it reminds me of those pioneer days.

i hope i get to see angie and superman! what a treat!

hey all went to the orange county fair today and am nurseing a sunburned forehead and nose!!! forgot my darn hat!!! but haveta say, that going tothe fair here in socal is very different than any where else ive been…. i was sure i couldnt eat a darn thing there and settled on taking some cucmbers with me in my purse and a pint of blue berrys…the only temptation i was worried about was kettle korn…of course we get there and due to security hassles i left my bag in the car with my lunch! grrrr, well to my great suprise and pleasure, in between the funnel cakes and foot long kielbasis is “terrys berries” a bowl of chilled mixed berries for 5 bucks!!! amazingly good, then later i found a steamed artichoke that i shared with hubby!( it was steamed yes, but plain, no butter or goop on it) I was so immpressed! the only low point was “elephant rides” quietly tucked away in that back of the fair with no advrtizing where two gorgeous indian female elephants giving rides….sigh made me soooo sad, like sea world…which i boycott and have for years since high school! fun day over all though….i loved allthe 4H animals and their little caretakers….i have a farm at home, but i love looking at other peoples animals too, hubby finds this hilarious….;0) hope everyone is good, birdie, you surviving? angie have fun!!! that tour blue suggested sounds great! nightie night…..Berry where you hiding?

EWWWW flying roaches!!! we had those to as a kid in the philapeans not to mention rice bugs nad taranchulas…. i didnt mind the geckos and such but when one of those nastys swooped out of your closet through your hair…...OMG pure creepoutedness!

sorry you arent feeling well with that artheritis Berry…wishing you feel better thoughts! those resipes sound great too…maybe one day?

Birdie my eggplant jerky and squash jerky are jsut my personal variation on the raw bacon recipes, i use oil to make it chewy, if i wanted it crunchy id leave the oil out…..i make barbeque and teriaki flavors . working on a good honey mustard( that one wont be vegan due to the honey) i try not to post recipes that are already on there even if i feel mine is better;0) everyones tastes are different… i started with the original recipe and then mix in stuff to taste….. i use zuccini too.

horsey stuff today no hubby hes off working overtime….sigh later gators….

howdy folks Just checking in…Im sure there is no one around to play, angies off on her trip berry is under the weather, birdie has deadlines and Winona is outside somewhere!;0) Im battleing the ants that have attacked three rooms…..im trying hte pepeermint soap but i think the best thing is to vacummm the little sh@ts up and then wipe the surfaces….

I have a new pet, found a pretty little parakeet walking down the street, ive posted flyers..so far no luck…..Hes a cutie bug though but not tame….no doubt an escapee from some breeder. had to bring him home in a taco bell bag that was wadded up on the side of the road, so, for now, his name is taquito.

• BluedolfinBluedolfin Raw Newbie

stRAWberry~ Sending you lots of healing energy! Recover quickly!

• bittbitt Raw Newbie

ouch, elbow in a brace. hope you get better soon strawberry.

• Strawberry!!! Huge hugs, honey, I am sending you all my best healing vibes. I hope you feel better soon.

Sorry I’ve been MIA guys!!! Om is right – i have some serious deadlines. I have a huge writing project I am about to launch, I will post the link in a day or two when it’s ready. And I’ll give you the inside scoop here, too, it’s exciting. Om and Angie, I am definitely going to email you both TODAY!!! Angie’s out of town, but she can read it when she returns.

I had an awful weekend. Our two beautiful bunnies were killed by a feral cat. My boys are heartbroken. We had the bunnies for three years. I told them I would find new bunnies for them. What a tragedy. It happened in the middle of the night, somehow the cat managed to get into their hutch. It was horrible. I heard the second bunny scream as she died. I will never forget that sound as long as I live.

• Also, I’ve been doing a juice fast/feast/fest and feeling like rhymes with lit blah blah blah blah. I know it’s good for me – I’ve passed a lot of mucous and other lovely stuff. But I am grouchy as hell. Two more weeks of juicing to go! Wooooot! I found a Breville juicer – brand new, never opened – at a yard sale in Santa Fe. They wanted 30 bucks and I talked them down to 20, so my juicing has gotten a lot easier. I was juicing by hand and straining out the pulp. This is one awesome juicer – easy to clean, quieter than I expected, does a wonderful job. I think it costs close to 200 bucks in the stores. The yard sale people received it as a wedding gift and wanted nothing to do with it. Yay for me!

Hey ! everyones back( save angie who as we know is traveling! bitt, have you seen her yet?) Yay! nice to see you all. Birdie cant wait to see your new writing project….sorry about your sons bunnys, wish you lived closer, there are two free rex bunnies here, very tame, just saw them at the feed store. predation sucks!

Berry, feel better, green powder is better than nothin…you’ll be back to your old self in no time!

WOW! just got off the atheist agnostic thread started by our own Winona….what fun! the bibile thumping is rampant, the nonbelievers fight back…sigh im gonna try ot adhere to my mommas rules of proper etiquitte and keep religion and politics out of most of my conversation…makes me boring as hell! teehee so winona what have you gleened from your thread?

Hi everyone else! gonna go about my quietly spiritual day now! (big shit eating grin!)