Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Mangers in a Mange land...

Comments

• BluedolfinBluedolfin Raw Newbie

{{{{{{{{{{{{littlebirdie and family}}}}}}}}}}}}} So sorry to hear that. May you quickly find your doggie in your heart in the void that you feel right now.

• WinonaWinona Raw Newbie

awww birdie, I’m sending the most positive thoughts and energy in your direction. I wish you all the best with getting through this week without the sweet four legged member of your family. Take Care!

• I went to the aquarium in Seattle, & I like Bluedolphin’s picture.

• angie207angie207 Raw Master

We made a chart, and we’re building something – healthy bodies! Superman’s raw food chart is a Superman monster. :) To get the design he wanted, we have to eat raw for 124 days. He said it’s fine if he eats raw that long. Then, after we made the chart & he started coloring it in, he started throwing a little tantrum wanting popcorn/cooked food/junk food. I think he’s just bored.

Is that my favorite Superman!? I’m really proud of you for telling your mom that you want to eat raw 124 days. That is so great and very grown-up of you. :) I know you are going to feel so good doing that and a big support to your mom. Now keep her on track also. :) Thank for the compliment about my picture. Would you like to have that picture for your computer? I really like your chart. It is really cool. :)

angie~ Remember SMan might be going through detox or/and withdrawals from sugar/cooked food/etc. and may act out… or just bored…

Hey, guys! How’s everyone doing?

Birdie, I’m soooo sorry about your dog! (((((((((((hugs)))))))))))

Superman was going CRAZY & was super stressed about the raw food thing, hating it & thinking he HAD to only eat raw food for that many days. So we talked about it for a while, and I told him to do what he feels he needs to do. He is now eating lots of raw food at home, and some cooked foods, and he will eat cooked & junk food when he goes to parties. I am happy to have a balanced little boy back. :) I have been working to make sure to have lots of raw food around, so he’ll want that. I also didn’t re-buy all the cooked foods I had gotten rid of – just whole-grain bread, organic peanut butter & fruit-sweetened jam, and healthy eggs. I think we’re both relieved that it won’t be so difficult now, and he’s open to the possibility of eating all raw in the future; it’s just too difficult right now.

I’ve discovered his struggles with wanting a lot of cooked food or junk foods are directly related to a shortage of raw chocolate ice cream in our freezer. ;)

• omshantiomshanti Raw Newbie

Birdie, so sorry about your pooch!blessings…..

angie~ Sorry to hear Sman was going crazy… poor little guy… poor mom. Great that all was discussed and resolved… for now. :)

How are things, folks? Anyone want to get AWAY from a computer as badly as I do? Where do you get the cool photos for your avatar?

Winona, im limiting myself to once a day,and breifly…i gotta stay outside and work on some writeing more. lots going on in my little life right now, i always have to shake my head and wonder at its little ups and downs. cant wait to see how this new dilema turns out! anyhow its harshing my mellow a bit. so i figured id keep my moody self away and just lurk for a bit….blessings to all my friends here.

I’m sitting here at the computer (my morning ritual while Superman is still asleep) and thinking how I’ve been wanting to go for a walk by myself…and I’m still sitting here typing! Thanks, Winona! :) I take my photos.

• springleafspringleaf Raw Newbie

Hi everyone, I’m new to gone raw, and thought I would say hello on this thread as lots of people seem to use it. Angie- I have a very young step daughter and I love the fact that raspberries and strawberries and (cooked) brocolli are her fave foods, you sound like you are doing such a good job of helping superman to eat great foods!

springleaf – Welcome! Yes, it sounds like she’s off to a great start. :)

st – I’ve missed you! Congrats on the dehydrator and Cuisinart. :) No art classes; only computer-based classes from now on, except a humanities class. I think it’s my last general ed. class – woohoo! I should have an associate degree soon. :) School starts two weeks from yesterday, and I’ve been busy trying to plan a budget for a year – I’ll get one check when school starts and the other in January. It’s a challenge that is kicking my butt, to try to budget for a whole year at a time. I’m mostly worried about not having enough variety of foods – I love this system because getting a big check all at once enables me to buy things in bulk and save money, but then it’s hard to figure out how much oils, seeds, etc. to buy and still make sure I have enough money for fresh veggies & fruit later on. Not to mention planning for Christmas, new shoes & clothes for a rapidly growing Superman, chiropractor visits, new software I may need for a class? Yikes! Oh, well, if I succeed, awesome, and if I don’t, I’ll know what to change for next year. :) I’m learning a lot. After this, budgeting while getting a regular paycheck should be SIMPLE!

Angie – how many years till you finish the associate’s degree? will you have this funding next year as well? good luck with the computer classes! don’t get distracted by the internet though – it’s hard when you’re on the computer a lot. I’m taking a horses class in fall, and I can’t have internet at home or I’d NEVER get any studying done : )

The Berry! glad you are feeling better! immune systems, nasty beasties arent they? immune systems remind me of my chickens, once they get going on somthing they get all crazed until there is nothing left. If its a plant they turn their beedy little eyes to then there is nothing but bare dirt and some pulverized leaf crumbs left of it!

I hope you like the cheezits! ive been drying zuccini into veggie jerky lik e crazy…i broke down and used a store made mesquite marinade as my attempts got thumbs down from hubby….i have the teryiaki down, and the “bacon” flavor down but mesquite has escaped me! teehee its a battle against ants too, the marinades are a bit drippy even with partchment paper and as soon a the heat goes off the ants attack…ive coated my counter and D” in peppermint oil to no avail! sigh…anyhow.. ill make another big batch this weekend when i have time to watch for little insect intruders! I hope you feel well enough to play with your new finds! as for my new avatar ,yep! that is me at the ripe old age of 3 , in our garden in Jordon( we got Evac-ed out of there not long after when war broke out…i puked grape nehi on tom brokaw on the flight out! my one claim to fame!)...Mom is sending me all kinds of pics of me as a young ‘un since my 40th birthday fast approaches! guess she thinks its funny! hahahaha, i took the photo with me and got my haired touched up to match the color! it looks good! i have three year old hair! ;0)

Angie, school agian already? dang, what did they give you an hour and half long summer? seems like just yesterday you got out of school! well, good luck to you…

Winona what horse class do you get to take? it will be fun!

Birdie, you hanging in there after all your animal passings? hugs…

green leaf, welcome to the group hope you stay!

I’m glad I’m not the only one who feels my summer was too short! ;) Thanks for the sympathy.

I’m probably just a glutton for punishment, but tonight was back to school night and I volunteered to be Superman’s Room Mom & pay for stuff so I can plan to have not as much junky food at the class parties. :P We can’t take anything home made, so I’ll have to settle for non-raw but more natural. Last year at a party his class had, they had cookies, bags of candy AND soda. I’ll try to avoid that scenario by having things like crackers, fresh fruit and maybe some more natural cookies from the health food store, and water or real juice to drink. I’m crazy, but I guess it’s the closest thing to homeschool that I can do right now.

howdy guys, im still out of sorts but feeling a little better, so i thought id post here as well as under health…im not pooping, to get to the point! and its getting me down! im bloated and miserable and thinking of getting a little pharmacutical help for it…dont want to as the one time i did this after the inicial “emptying” i was right back where I started! i did try coffee my old stand, by but other than clammy hands and a raceing heart nothing to speak of….help!!!!

smooothie fast maybe? help!!! im under some considerable stress, could that do it? this drama in my life can stop anytime really…..sigh sorry to whine!

Ooooh, sorry about the no poopie! You could use warm water enemas – dump out the solution and replace it with warm water. Hydration, too, of course. For me, it’s usually emotional – feeling stuck, not going anywhere, etc. Once I make a decision to “get moving” in some part of my life, my system “gets moving” too! :)

angie i am stuck in more ways than one! grin this too shall pass i guess so ill just ad some fat to my diet and up my excersize,,,something i realized had taken a back seat lately!!thanks….. hey have you ever worked with polamer clay? been thinking about my christmas gifts this year and was so inspired by chicorys site that i thought i may try sculpting my faces for my santas!

Polymer clay is fun! I made a bunch of beads out of it a couple of years ago, just to see what it was like. :)

wheres the best place to get it? and do you paint after its dried n the oven? how goes the school prep? how is superman?

to all you other mangers, what up?

Sorry, I tried to reply and it didn’t work yesterday. I got my clay (Sculpey brand) at the local craft store. I bought the small packages of different colors and used those, so I didn’t paint anything. You would sculpt Santa’s beard from white clay, his hat from red clay, etc. and put them together before baking, or bake and then glue them together, I guess. I haven’t done any sculpting with it yet. I made designs & rolled them together and then sliced off pieces & poked holes to make beads. I also made some beads by just twisting together some colors so it was kind of swirled.

stRAWberry~ Yes, that is the correct email addy. It worked. I got it! I welcome your email. :) Check your email for my reply.

At the county fair that is held every year there is a craft section. I love watching the folks make beads out of clay. I am totally in awe of them… how the heck to they visualize those designs? They are totally amazing.

Yes, Fimo & Sculpey are both polymer clays. There is a difference in how they handle, but I don’t remember what the differences are, now. That was three years ago. I can’t remember what I had for lunch yesterday! :) heehee

the berry! im unsticking slowly, had better luck with the old bowels! hahaha actually its been hard to get my mind out of my colon lately…yesterday i found myself “tooting: a happy tune in the car and wondering what cuases gas…. Ok I know i have to get a life! anyhoo I got two early birthday gifts , the biggest one from the county of san diego wh odesided to waive a very costly study that was needed because i had graded sans permit….so three years later, we may have some progress and see the thing to the end( big part of my case of the hang dogs lately) anyhoo second birhtday gift, my little box of 20 chickies…peeping preciousness….i swear, fingers crossed that they grow up….riht now they are all happily ensconced in my bathroom in a brooder i made of an old horse feed tub and a heat lamp! very cute!

hey i saw ardes on a thread today,hes back girls but hasnt visited us yet;0(

Angie i cant wait to play with clay! chicory is a member on this site and makes rockin fairys!!! very cool …i want one!

hey birdie, you ok? havent seen you in a while.....hugs

blue, howdy! did you see the free figs in escondido? baskets of them on a drive way by the henrys! FREE but full of yellow jackets a bit tricky to get!

Hey om~ I just got back from a 2-hour cruise around the harbor… heaven! Thankx for the heads up on the figs (and the hitchhikers). Since you got the de-jacketing thang going (putting a box in the back of your truck and doing the ol’ giddy-up), do you think you can de-jacket a few for me? Just kidding… Did you know that Craig Sommers is speaking on Monday at the Greenery? I’m planning on going. It’s free. Good excuse to go to the coast for some toes dipp’n and have some yummy food. :)

BTW, the roller coaster you have been on lately might be a residual effect from the anesthesia and other goodies from the surgery and fall… just a thought…

om – Happy Birthday! The chickies in the feed tub sound soooo fun! :) Our bunny is still alive – I have to keep her in a shed at night so she won’t get eaten by raccoons, and take her out during the day so she won’t get too hot. Poor thing; I tripped tonight and almost dropped her cage, just after I told her she would be okay (she was freaking out like she usually does when I carry her). Oops, I lied! :(

Blue, teehee yep i cold go collect all the figs and drive madly around the block then id have to sell them to get money for gas! ahahahahaha i had thought it might have something to do with the anesthesia, just suprized it would hang on this long! anyhow, it getting better! what time monday? i have lessons till noon.:0(

angie, those bunnies can never be reasoned with! teehee the chicks are a ton of entertainment. they are already growing wing feathers! crazy, not even a week old and growing out of thieir fuzz already!