Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Mangers in a Mange land...

Comments

• angie207angie207 Raw Master

Chickies grow fast! I miss the cute, little stage, but when they get big, they just EAT so much more! ;) Still fun, though. I stopped at the feed store to buy food for my rabbit – can’t afford to keep her in fresh greens :( – and I got a 50 pound bag for the price of two little bags at the pet store! Woohoo! I was just going there because we were right by it doing another errand – down with pet sores! ;)

• springleafspringleaf Raw Newbie

angie, I once dropped that cage with my hamster in it onto the floor, had to dig the poor little thing out from under her sawdust, house toys, etc… I felt very bad. omshanti, when I get a bit “backed up” as we say in england i go for a long walk, about two hours will usually sort out any problems down there. hope your getting back to normal.

• omshantiomshanti Raw Newbie

spring leaf, Yep excersize had dropped off a bit, and low and behold that and added fat and im feeling much better! im very active for a living so i forget about excersize sometimes but daily yoga is a big help!

angie, if you want to get your rabbit a bit more fun to chew on ask the feed store guys back by the hay if you can get a bag full off the ground! my chickens and bunnies ( when i had them loved it! and my friends guinea pigs love it to especially the alfalfa)

• BluedolfinBluedolfin Raw Newbie

om~ Seminar starts at 6:30pm.

thanks blue! hey guys we had to put bailey our old kitty down tonight, she weighed a pathetic 3 pounds and had not eaten her raw food or any other we tried to get down her in 4 days, hubby is really suffering:0( hed had that cat almost 20 years…..send some hugs his way would ya?

we have two new full bags or organic raw chicken cat food that id give to anyone local that is interested....let me know....
  • BluedolfinBluedolfin Raw Newbie

{{{{{{omshanti & hubby}}}}}}} Sending both of you lots of healing energy.

(((((((((((((((((((((BIG HUGS!!!)))))))))))))))))))))

thanks so much angie and Blue!

No news from luna, but jenergy was still alive & well, though busy, after the fire stuff.

I have started emailing the guy who’s “interested” – about 3 or 4 emails each way so far – and I’m finding we have several common interests! I’m not ready to call or hang out yet, but I’ll keep emailing.

The raw foods class at church got moved to next month, and there will be a lady teaching a class about “Cooking Without Power” the same night, so I’ll only have 45 minutes now, instead of the whole hour and a half I thought I was going to have. I need to re-plan now, but it should be good.

st – RAW lollipops?! Heehee, sounds good. :) I’m sooooooooo glad to hear you’re starting to feel better. I don’t know how you do it with your son – you are amazing! My opinions on the recipes: the bacon didn’t taste like bacon, but it was so good I couldn’t stop eating it. :) I haven’t tried the Koka-kola; haven’t even seen it! The lemon cookies were sooooo sour I had to add extra agave, but then I’ve always had about 12 sweet teeth! :D (And maybe I got an extra sour batch of lemons?)

Have a great day!

Howdy folks! well id love to share a new avatar really i would but apperantly i am not allowed to on thsi site! teehee well not realy but for what ever reason no go on loading any freaking pic even my baby om pic….shrugs…i wanted to sahre my new chickies with you all. things here going along, nothing near as challengeing as having a schizophrenic son, but putitng a kink in my tail never the less. ts hormaone time here at casa Om and im ready ot slink off into the netherer regions with hte ponys puppys and chickies( ok maybe even the out dor kitty) and throw ip a wood yurt with no ammenties and live like a pioneer for a few years whilst writing my award winning novel so i can then afford to put amenities in the yurt! teehee

Ive been following thi s gal rowing to australia ,solo in her little row boat…she has already rowed across the atlantic, it took her three months of solitude…her radio broke with 29 days left on that one…wowo i crave a an andventure like that! i know this is mostly hormone driven but god. could i just move forward at more of a pace please? teehee

im making cheezits too, seems that the fat in the diet is helping the pooping so i want to make sure i have some choices laying around! did i tell you ive about honed in on the lydias organic bread recipe? im soooooo excited, i love the curry flavor and at 7 big ones a package, uh no! angie did you start school yet? did that guy ask you out( saw on the other thread) is it jsut me or am i being systematically ignored on some of the other threads? im feeling like raw claire here! hahahah im just being sensative im sure…but if not , pog ma hone(phonetically spelled of course) kiss kiss and lollipops and rainbows to all you sweeties! =0)

• Angie , OM, Rawberry, WOW is all i have to say .. I was just thinking about you guys and wanted to stop in and say HELLOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

ARDES! Hey you!!! glad you checked in on us!

The Berry, wow! cant believe the prior experience here, well actually i can now that im seeing the true colors of some of the folks here”emerge” maybe they didnt emerge i just got in the glareing bee- atch lights and have been deemed unworthy. hahahaha anyhoo ill hang here lurk elsewhere and read recipes like you wise and wonderful Berry! Im feeling less hormaonal today…well at least in the few hours ive been awake. have to ru and reintate my one escape artist horse who is out tromping through the flower beds as we speak…well as i write…teehheeee how is this for brilliant, he has figured out that if he wiggles the gat enough the electric tape will pop out of its keeper and then allow him to push through it with out a zap( as he has disabled it withthe niggling) so mr smarty boy is out roaming hte yard with sissy and coco the two adult chickens…it makes me smile! anyhoo gotta run will try tot load chicken pics latre! berry i won one of those died chicks at a school fair mine lived to adult hood, and grew lovely white feathers after the pink fizz wore off, i cant believe they woud do that to any self resecting chicken!!!

ardes – Good to see you! How’s life?

om & st – I get ignored on other threads sometimes, too – mostly when I say something that may be true but goes against what people like to believe, like when someone says that there is no good reason to ever use animal products, and that a raw vegan diet has everything our bodies need, & then I have to jump in & say that my body doesn’t convert beta-carotene, so I have to get “ready to use” vitamin A from fish oil…they just stopped responding & let the thread die. :( I’m such a trouble-maker! ;) heeheehee

OMg you all how can you even read my posts? i swear the old finger /eye coordination is off first thing in the morning…i shant edit, i have no patience for that today! well, ive a made a plan and im happy again, nothing like a bit of wallowing followed by action to boost ones spirits eh? teehee I agree angie, it is sometimes do to the whole “i bring another point of view…” that gets one canned on other threads…hmmm i have also noticed that we are matrons on this site now as everyone that seems to be joining lately is like…. what…. 12?;0) I never had this much energy to shop around about my health and stuff at that age! the most i did was pass around” dont club the seals or kill the whales patitions….I was interested in gardening from a young age and of course all kinds of animals. but to say gee these doritos make me sick, or that craft cheese and macaroni puts me right to sleep is that normal, would nver have entered my mind then….heehee

saw a really cool ,little movie last night on netflix: Lars and the real girl….have you seen it? I dont know why i liked it so much might be the hormones or might be the fact that i havent seen any movie with any content in some time, last one was “tropic thunder” for gods sakes…hubby choice and not to awful, not good but not awful!i could watch robert downy read soup cans though, sooo…. anyhoo i like sweet little quirky stories like this one reminds you of say, fargo but sweet and not bloody! teehee. im still reading my giant thousand page historical fiction novels, its saving me money as i can buy one of thaose type of books for 15 bucks or i can pik up 60 bucks worth of shroter fiction and be done in a week….. i must take up knitting….thats gotta pass the time more effectively not to mention create some cool ass stuff! ive been stencileing lately…my girl friend is getting 4 of these little chickens for her 40th and i made her a chicken house out of an old dog house….so it needed some paint and decoration! maybe ill try to post that pic…. i have resizedall my pics down to the size of a finger nail, but still no go on the loading! grump….. well i better go see if the yard clean up guy is gonna show or not…i tell you, this is the third co. that is a no show….do they actually want some work or not? id love to so busy as to blow off appointments. I keep telling myself its the land of mannana! xoxo dearies

god speed berry!

Love ya, st!

You, too, om – watch Robert Downey read soup cans, huh? Where? Where? I wanna watch, too! :) heehee

Hi, guys! Don’t know if anyone is still reading this, but I thought I’d pop in to say that Laura’s family barely made it through THE LONG WINTER (Little House on the Prairie series) – though they almost starved to death. :) Makes me grateful for the abundance we have and also gets me thinking more than ever about preparedness – storing food, etc.

Angie ! i LOVE LITTLE HOUSE! Ive been reading the gone raw soap opera: aka vegan versus raw where superfood and kathykath are slashing and hissing at the likes of slosh uh and mon61 karuna is trying to be peace maker but i bet there will be more nastiness before its done… its pretty amazing really i came crawling back here to see if any of you all where around to talk nice with! teehee poor …...laura if only they had a green house for winter!

how are things? did you start school yet?

• WinonaWinona Raw Newbie

good luck traveling, st!

om – i know what you mean, reading books too quickly! I finished a couple of 700 page fantasy books in 2 weeks, then moved onto a new series of 700+ page books, about 5 in the series. wouldn’t ya know it – i’m having a hard time getting into the new series! i just need to keep reading. or perhaps all my outdoor activities have been taking time away from readnig.

i really miss movies. no tv no dvd. om your movies sound entertaining.

yeah the cat fights are in action here. i honestly think it’s only a matter of time before goneraw turns into giveittomeraw – all fights, all folks high on their horse telling other people what to do. it happens when a site grows, and the only reason it hasn’t happened here (i think) is because the site gets so slow at times, that only those really dedicated stick around for a while. i wish i could stop membership from growing on goneraw, to have a nice little community of happy people.

little community of happy people…mmm, sounds nice :)

om – yep, school is in full swing, running ahead without me! I am already behind in one class, and it’s only been two weeks – yikes!

Oh, well, speaking of movies, I am taking a Humanities class in which we are starting with film, and he keeps showing us movie clips. Hooray! Maybe I should take some raw popcorn :D

Hi guess, apperently vegdude is having his fun on here today but wanted to say hi and that we had a blast in nocal for the weekend, over 12 hours of driving but some gorgeous food, trees( redwoods)elk and BEAR! yikes we almost walked into it in a berry patch…ive never covered so much ground so fast!! anyhoo, home safe and sound and sweating my ass off…it was 57 in the redwoods, and 96 here at home…gads! I at e enough black berries and blueberries to antioxidise NYC not to mention pears and greens, very yummy….of course the blackberry picking dropped off substancially after the bear! yikes…..hope all is well with you all my friends..later!

om – glad to see you back! I should say the berry picking would drop off after a bear encounter, heehee :) I picked some from the backyard – no bears there yet, although last year a kid got drug out of his tent & killed by a bear about 10 miles from here…antioxidants enough for NYC, huh? Pears, mmmmm! They’re not quite in season here yet, but I’m waiting.

shhhhhhhh angie? i think we are being watched…....teehee guess i didnt check under that last bridge i crossed and one of the little fellers followed me…I didnt know hooked on phonics was still an accepted form of education but alas i guess i was wrong….vegdude (our new bff)seems to be thriveing with his tapes though dont you think?

vegdude, come here you cute little dickens( noogies head) joyous welcome to the mangers thread…any bears where you live? kiss kiss

angie, wonder where the heck our berry went, hope not out pickin with them thar “baaars” ill try to post a pic again as my new avatar…you would not beleive how big my little peeps got while i was gone, they are damn near chickens and only 4 weeks old or so…i took my friends 4 bantams for her birthday and would you believe i think i gave her all my banam hens? son of a….!!!!! anyhow shell need all 4 as the eggs are much smaller! I have one crippy chicken who walks onthe tops of her little feet, she is a hen though so i might keep her, she get saround but not good enough for free rangeing, but i ws gonna keep my mini chickens(aka bantys) in a vcovered yard and seperate quarters due to hawks and cats….she could go in there! my poultry forums says cull….sigh, cant do it… hope shcool isnt the pits, how is dateing? how is super man, whats up with your jewelry biz?

Merry Berry! HOwdy! and thanks for the compliments on my horsey page, its amazing what a little makeup and a prof.photographer can do! hahahaha I am feeling much more chipper…the vacay has rejuvinated me…nothing like standing amongst redwoods to feel the insignificance of lifes little dramas… anyhoo glad you are taking care of yourself…dont want to give all your goodness away! so hard for most sweet mommys like you im sure. biz is dormant at the moment but…im excited by a new lead i have on affordable kitchens…..if that materializes ill dehydrate up a bunch of samples and hit the food stores up again! i saw at my local trader joe a raw, vegan kale wrap in the deli section made with my least fav nut, cashew cheese….ugh but hey its for sale there, so i was heartened! Tim is good thanks, he loved our cabin time too. taco tweety aka the parakeet is great and eating out of my hand inside the cage, now all i gotta do is get him comfortabe being outside the cage on me and he can have alot more freedom on my desk by my computer..i have a perch all ready for him with a veiw of the humming bird feeders and the thistle that is usually full of gold finches! I think he would enjoy himself hugely! he is a sweet guy no words yet though im sure “whose a pretty bird” and “are you a puffy turkey” wont be his first utterences but something like “ruggy, get in here…” which I say every time i let my one crrazy dog out! teehee oh my culling puppys? could certainly not do that either….let nature take its course i say unless there is suffering then its off to the vet for the pink liquid. enjoy your time away berry you deserve it and more im sure! im off to see the political thread…wonder if i can keep my lips sealed? teehee

I didn’t even bother looking at the political thread, & I even had to get out of the “peace” thread pretty quick because someone came along & turned it political…oh, well. No dates here. School is massively speedy, and I have moments of overwhelming gratitude for the opportunity, interspersed with frequent bouts of frustration/crying at the evil computer monster! I swear I must have issues that tell me “Pick the thing in life that will be the most impossible for you to do, and then go try to do it!” The jewelry biz is all but extinct (my choice – I was spreading myself too thin & I don’t want to be an ornery mom). Superman is great – we’re doing his homework this year! It didn’t happen last year, poor kid – I was so stressed, but this year there’s a reward every week if all homework is done, so I can’t make him moss out on that :)

Glad to see you both are doing well & feeling better!

Angie, haha had to get off thepeace thread too! ah yes politics , isnt it fun? my hubby has been pecking away for an hour or more on a responce to a rant honey water posted on the politico aka palin thread… we discussed our beliefs at breakfast after he read what i sent him off the thread…he is more motivated to respond than myself, i prefer to jump in and wise off…teehee no actually i have been felling complelled to respond as im getting bombarded with political stuff from all sides lately: mom and dad vs hubby vs military friends vs hippie friends…i am voting this election… now do i go third party or do i go lesser of two scareys? sigh

hi to sweet superman, and yougo girl , for your schooling endevours! later gator….

Well, after much frustration & crying & a couple of trips to Best Buy last night, I conquered the latest evil computer monster episode (with the help of a tech support person who didn’t treat me like an idiot!), and I have a new computer in my room (don’t have to use parents’ now!) hooked up to the internet wirelessly, and Photoshop & a bunch of other Adobe software newly installed & waiting for me to do my homework! Shoot, I guess now I have to DO the homework. :P Actually, I get more excited all the time about the stuff I’m learning. :)

Haha. Yeah, I agree- I’ve stopped reading the political thread, it’s way too hairy and fueled for my tastes. The weird thing is that my atheist thread has settled down to be very normal.

Voting this year takes on a scary edge, doesn’t it? Bush is what happened when people didn’t vote.. or diebold machines were hacked, either way. omshanti -

angie – i’m REALLY glad you got the computer going!! congrats at the lovely new internets you can browse. hopefully internet isn’t too distracting.. if i had that or tv, i’d NEVER i repeat NEVER study. : ) glad you’ve gotten things fixed today, in time for studying all weekend. tuck in with some warm tea, like i’m doing, and forget about classes and rushing around – for the next few days!

i’m off to paddle today. hosting kayaking on the tiny lake down the street. can’t wait!!!! i haven’t paddled in 2 weeks due to the cold. some hiking is lined up for the weekend too.

How are all my little mangers doing?

Today was loooooong but now i get off work, go home to bike ALL OVER on this sunny day.

I brought my basil indoors this weekend, as it’s frosty at night. Surprisingly adds a lot to my room! Green color. And my guineas beg for more basil. Now I can just throw a pot of it in their cage!