Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Helloooo Raw Christians....

Comments

• troublesjustabubbletroublesjustabubble Raw Newbie

mike4973-I really like the idea of juicefeasting! I have a juicer and did a juice fast which was what led me to going raw. I’ve heard from so many people that fresh juices cured all of their health problems. The hard part with juicing for me is that it takes sooo many fruits and veggies to get one glass of juice. I think once I’m done with my water fast I’ll start incorporating more juice though because I still have a couple things I”m dealing with and want to see if I can kick them too. I have felt so much more connected spiritually since going raw and I’m excited that for the first time I’m able to do a water fast.

• Hi. Are there any raw Christians in Minnesota? I live south of Minneapolis and would like to talk to someone who knows the area and where to get good deals etc.

• beanybeeganbeanybeegan Raw Newbie

Hope every one had a nice week-end and you are planning a safe Holiday. I stay home and enjoy my garden. How safe can you get?

Hi raw cloud. Glad to see another Christian on, but for me I am U.S.A. North West Coast. Sorry

t.j.bubble How are you doing with the water? Do you have a plan for breaking the fast? I had a friend who ate watermelon for the first meal. I usually do it the wrong way. FOOD!!!!!

Forget my DH birthday is Sept.4, so will start my juice fast after then. I have to make him a big SAD dinner. Dont want temptation because of hunger.

Hey Beany-I’m doing alright. It’s hard to work when I’m physically weak and a little spacey. But spiritually it’s been really amazing. It’s become obvious to me that this fast was to bring me to the right attitude of Bible reading. I tend to get into a methodical routine without really asking God to show me what he wants me to see in His word. I’ve been reading Acts and it’s been amazing.

I plan on breaking my fast on Saturday. That’ll be six days. I don’t want to get really sick so I’m gonna do it with green smoothies. I’m tempted of course to eat massive amounts of Asian food but I’ll resist!!!

Our church is going through a daily chapter of the New Testament. Some times when I get done I ask myself, what did you just read? So have to go back over what I just read.

yeah, I’m exactly that way. It’s been along time since I prayerfully read the bible and really decided to let God guide me. I don’t know why it’s so hard for me to do that. It’s so amazing!

One word—Satan

beany-definitely. I’m on Day 4. Last night was the worst I’ve ever felt in my life. I had an unbearable headache and couldn’t sleep so I set up camp on the couch so that I could be vertical(I don’t know why but I always do better that way). Well I felt that fainting feeling coming on but didn’t think I’d actually faint while sitting down….I did. I felt really nauseous afterwards so I went into the bathroom in case I was going to throw up and I fainted again. I prayed and prayed and began to feel better and was able to sleep a couple hours after that. All in all. It was a rough one and now I’m trying to function at work. ha.

Sorry to hear about your night. Headache makes sense,(detoxing) and being dizzy, but fainting is something I never heard of. Could be spiritual, could be physical or could be your over doing on the work load. Remember where Jesus fast? In a wilderness. Most who do a water fast take it easy. Use Mark16:17 or Matt.4:4 against the enemy. Keep listening to the Holy Spirit and He will direct your path.

1 Corinthians 7:5

Beany- you are always so encouraging:)

I don’t know what caused the fainting but I am working full time and being a wife and all that . Which means I still made dinner, folded laundry (despite my husbands protests) and cleaned the house on top of being at work for nine hours and driving. So that may all have contributed. I hadn’t done any housework or anything the first two days but things piled up and I really couldn’t find work clothes without folding. ha.

Anyway, even though I only got a couple hours of sleep I feel sooo much better today. I have more energy, less headache and general ache and less tiredness. I’ve had very meaningful prayer and bible reading and definitely felt my helplessness without God. Just a couple more days. ha

• I still made dinner, folded laundry (despite my husbands protests) and cleaned the house on top of being at work for nine hours and driving. So that may all have contributed

ya think? heh heh. The kicker with fasting is that just when you think you have it figured out or ‘down’, you get surprised. it keeps you humble and your heart in the right place. careful about the “just a couple more days” comment. everytime my husband says that, it turns into 40…. jk.

Sorry to change for a moment but I would like to know if anyone knows if germin8 is around. I have a question about the Lemon Pickles.

mamamilk-haha you’re so cute. Believe me, I definitely couldn’t do forty days. I think I would waste away. It’s been almost four and I’ve lost alot of weight. How much does your husband lose when he does the forty day fasts?

beany-hmmmm, don’t recall

• I’m a christian. How is everyone doing? Met someone while shopping today whom introduce my husband and I to this website. Thanks new friend! We look forward to trying new Raw recepies!

• Hi Everyone, Glad to join this website and especially this group of raw christians who I believe are going to back to the Eden Diet that God had given us. There’s still some debate with many Christians on whether to be 100% raw or atleast 80% raw since basically they’re saying that after the fall, God had modified the diet to include cooked grains and root veggies. I’ve really been interested in going raw for some time from a vegetarian diet. Aside from a cuisinart and juicer, does anyone recommend ‘must have’ kitchenware for a beginner going raw? And what are some encouraging words that have kept many of you on the raw diet? To possibly re-phrase the question, what would I expect my body to go through after the first 2-3wks on a raw diet? I’ve read some books about raw diet, but I’d love to hear testimonies from personal experiences about choosing the lifestyle.

Guess i will just hope the Lemon Pickles last like regular dills.

NikkiV Go to Home page then to forum,then search, there you will find a variety of places to get all kinds of information on being raw. When you say Cuisinart I figure you mean a processor. Good start. Juicer you will find out about on the forum. Dehydrator much discussion on the forum. I would say your next big purchase would be a high power blender or dehydrator. A good idea would be to go through some of the recipes. See what you would like to make. Then you will know what your next purchase would be. Basic items I would get is good quality sharp knives. I have an 8” and a paring. All I need. The other two basics is a spaghetti maker and a small coffee grinder. I also use a lot of lemons and limes so I have a wooden hand reamer, for one or two lemons and an electric citrus juicer (op.). All else I would buy as needed. I would also look up books on the forum search. youtube also has raw how to shows. Sorry I can not send you right to them. You may find out you need a large, good cutting board.

Christian thoughts on Genesis. It really doesn’t matter. Our foods are so polluted. It is impossible to say we should do what was done in Bible times. The earth has changed and we have to use the knowledge God is giving us to keep His temple in a well state. What to expect on detox. Ever detox before? If not. Well, go to the forum, look up detox on search. I am nearing my 4th year on raw and I still have times of detox. Takes time to poison the body, Takes time to remove it. Encouraging words that kept me raw? Discouraging words. Cancer, stroke, heart failure, auto immune diseases, kidney failure, rotted teeth and gum disease, allergies, thyroid problems, eye diseases to blindness, early death. Need I go on?

God gives life, and gives it abundantly,

You may want to go to the forum/New to Raw/Need help getting started.

Hi RichieNMiria.. Glad you stopped by. There are some really good recipes.For those on raw or just want something different.

• Thanks Beany. I totally agree with you that the soil is so demineralized these days. Thanks for the words of encouragement, and I really liked that encouraging words (“cancer, stroke….”). Tks for the advice I will definitely check out the other forums.

tjbubble, How are you?

• nycgrrlnycgrrl Raw Newbie

hi all-just wanted to chime in and say hi! i am christian as well :) and back to raw again!

Welcome ladies! nycgrrl-I’m so glad you’re here! I always enjoy your input.

veggielina- It IS so wonderful. I love getting advice and support here from people like me.

Oh beany, I just saw your post-I’m doing wonderful, I broke my fast yesterday. The last two days were wonderful. I felt energetic and amazing. The whole experience was so fulfilling and I’m so glad I finally did it. Thank you for your encouragement throughout it.

Hi all, Glad you are all doing well. Am starting my be healthy juice fast today. After church will make out a plan to remove this weight.(60) I am a schedule, list type person. Having a plan before me I will do much better. Just like having the Word of God before us. We will do so much better as children of God. smile Have a safe week.

• Hey troublesjustabubble! :-)

Thanks for your great comments. I hope you are doing well. How did you fast end up?

I wanted to let you (and everyone) know that I KNOW what you mean about resisting doing a lot of juicing, since it seems to take so many vegetables. BUT…I’ve found a new way of doing it that really seems much quicker, less of a mess, and it actually seems to make more juice!

I use my Vitamix, fill it with water till the blades are just covered, then I add roughly chopped-up vegetables, fruits, etc. I am a member of a local organic farm share, so I have been using their produce lots lately-fresh watermelon, cucumbers, kale, zucchini, etc. I also juice some of the wild food growing local to me that I know is juiceable and healthy for human nutrition. Did you all know that maple tree leaves are edible??? HAHA!! There-you now have a lifetime supply of fresh greens for salads or juicing (especially if you live in the northeast US like I do).

After blending the vegetables and water a bit, I then pour the whole mix through a nut milk bag, into one of those 4 cup pyrex measuring cups. Voila! It’s so nice to juice this way! I can easily, and quickly get in a few quarts of fresh juice per day if I do this method.

Any other comments on if people are using this menthod (or something else) to juice?

Love and hugs, —-Michael

Well I’ll be, and here I have two juicers taking up counter space.

Am on the juice fast now. Did have a little bowl of raw spaghetti tonight to hold me over until morning. Am in prayer for Gods continued guidance as I make out my plan of attack against this blubber. Figure it will take a little over a year. I have been battling a medical problem by going raw and drinking a lot of carrot juice, for almost a year, so gained 35 pounds instead of the extra weight leaving. Now I have two more problems to take care of through dieting. You know, God was convicting me of wrong eating 36 years ago. Why did I listen to people instead.

Beany, I’ll be praying for you and the struggle that you’re dealing with. We can do all things through Christ who strengthens us.

Mike4973-That method sounds fabulous! Does the juice taste just as delish? I’m going to give this a whirl. Now that I’m off my fast I’m going to be doing alot more juice and since I have hundreds of apples, peaches and pears(my family members have orchards) I’ve got plenty of fuel.

• Troublejustabubble: I just wanted to say that I am proud of you! What a wonderful way to get intune with God. After reading the last couple of pages, it looks like you really perservered. Way to go!!!

Beany, I will be praying for strength and peace for you as you fast!

Thank you for your prayers. I am finally eating a bit. Got rid of 8 lbs. and had some detox symptoms. Funny how one can eat raw for years and still need detoxing off and on. Probably what we breath in. Wouldn’t it be nice if we had Garden Of Eden air?

gomindy21-thank you! It was rough for the first three days and nights but sooooo worth it in the end.

Beany-awesome!!!! I think I want to lose 8 pounds. I know all I have to do is commit to eating specific things and it will happen. ha. There are so many levels of health it’s insane.

Hey I just thought I’d share with you my most recent accomplishment…..I stopped drinking coffee!!!!

It was my guilty pleasure because I haven’t been able to drink it for so long due to acid reflux and when I went raw my acid went away so I indulged myself. Well I decided it was becoming a vice and I’m really trying to hone my life into 100%(I’m about 90-95% no) raw. It wasn’t hard at all and now I”m closer to my goal.