Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Mangers in a Mange land...

Comments

• Luna bluLuna blu Raw Newbie

Angie – I was gonna say cheer up, but no, let it run its course. It can be very cleansing to just let it all out!

Hey guys, I just was on the ‘other stuff’ section of the forums and there is a post called ‘watch before the pull this’ It has a link to a you tube vid. I am not going to explain, I am too exasperated. This world is going straight down the pan!

• angie207angie207 Raw Master

Thanks – I needed that. I think I sometimes think I don’t have time to be sad. Well, I’m doing it anyway, this time! I have finals in less than 2 weeks, and I am way behind, and tonight I refuse to do homework because I need to have time to cry.

• omshantiomshanti Raw Newbie

hey what the heck with my last post, oh well possum story later its way more uplifting than the mouse story, yep luna momma got away to make more pinkies no doubt!;)

angie, have a good cry and them something rich and decadent! it works for me!;) ass pic coming soon you all wont believe this sh*t….im strangely facinated by it…hahahaha hopefully you all willl have a good laugh about it!

• lzhptlzhpt Raw Newbie

Angie—just finished Dr. Cousens’ book Rainbow green Live Cuisine so now i finally know what you meant by phase 1 foods. Of course I read this while visiting mom and step-dad with bladder cancer. Their water smells like sewage in the kitchen and pesticide in the shower! Turns out the house, which is now on a treated golf course, used to be a conventional watermelon farm and they originally had well-water. My efforts to get them on a clean water source fell on deaf ears, but it was a lively debate with a dying man and i was thankful for the time we shared. Off to NYC in another couple of days.

possum story: i have a possum story, before my hubby moved in he would visit weekends and bring his huskys well at the time his huskies where grazers so a big bowl of kibble was available.well this possum would visit every night during the week. he would grunt and weeze his way up the bouganvillia plop over porch fence , crunch his way through a bit of the food, have a drink, then scrabble back over the fence…he always set the motion senser off and id see his grizzled gray butt disappearing into the darkness. well one weekend Tim and the huskies arrived on a thursday. so around 10 pm we hear this commotion of huskies leaping around and i thought” shit, its possy” we go out there witha broom and find possy hissing and twitching in the corner and two huskies slavering all over him. after seperating all partys possy dazedly tottered through the now open gate im sure thinking to hmiself” what the hell is with the house coyotes!” anyhow, he sticks to my bird feeders now! teehee

• lzhptlzhpt Raw Newbie

omshanti, did you break your a$$?

• BluedolfinBluedolfin Raw Newbie

hey broke butt om (hehehe)~ I get fascinated with stuff like that too. If I didn’t think I had a “Raider’s of the Lost Arc, peeling back, melting skin thang” going on when my hands were having a a cleansing response (they were literally dripping a yellow, stinky liquid like a slow dripping faucet; I wrote about it on some other thread), I was totally mesmerized by watching my hands “weep.” Also when I see someone that has some sort of “difference”, I’m usually interested to learn more about it. I can pretty much deal with anything but “bounced back cookies.” 8-O I’m totally in awe how the body adapts and heals… no surprise why I do what I do… :)

ps. About your “funky” post… if it happens again, edit your post by simply deleting from the last character that is ok to the first character that is funky. Then retype those characters. The site sometimes hiccups and “adds” a funky formatting command in a message… or two. Easy to fix.

izhpt yep my hubby has taken to calling me “broke back” teehee, im doing better but am suprized at how bummed i am about this…literaly hahahaha im cracking my self up this morning…oh goodness when i reread that it struck me as incredibly hilarious, still wiping tears! guess im punchy from sitting around here being a bad patient. im actualy going to teach today two easy lessons, i hope! at least it will get me up and moving, im tryin got find a jacket long enough to cover the lump! ill be wearing sweats for the foreseabe future!

you know in my moms hometown where everyone is on well water there is all kinds of cancer rampant there, seems everyone has or has had some form of cancer, most people in her town die of cancer…seems like a cluster to me honestly but no one has looked into it. shocking! sorry about your family!thanks blue for the post advise i ended up jsut copying and pasteing to correct the wierd formatting, but ill try your way next time! heres a question, docs said my blood sugar was high …i told them i eat veggies and vry little fruit and they said “well yeah, all that celulous in the veggies would bump my blood sugar? did i hear them right? could high blood sugar have something to do with dehydration? jsut wondering, gonna go to my general practioner for a physical as i havent had one sicne raw and i am curious.

om – funny story about the poosom. God they are strange critters!

Last night we were out in the backyard doing some yard work and my hubby goes up to the front of the house to start there. Little do I realize, the gate doesn’t click shut. Well I go in to the house to mess around with raw corn chips I was making, only for a moment, and when I go back outside, the gate is open and no dog is present in the backyard! Holy $h*#, panic! So I go running out yelling for her, and she comes up from along side the garage, spies my bubby talking to the nighbour who has his dog out. She charges like a wild ferorcious thing, barking and growling up to them. Levi,the other dog is a Roti, Golden cross. (wierd looking guy) Well my bubby pretty much goes down in catchers stance and caught our nutcase before they actually came in contact with each other! Wow, I think Levi crapped his furry little pants! This dog lives two doors down, and my girl and him are always lipping off to each other. She is really territorial and protective. Most Shepherds are.

So that was my excitement for yesterday! That’s enough thanks!!

Pssst, have you noticed, (I am suposed to be whispering here) that we are missing a supossed 12 year old girl on posts as of late? I wonder if he gave up? ‘Shhh. be wewy wewy quite.’

om – I went to the hospital once with super-high blood sugar, and it turned out I was really dehydrated. They gave me some insulin (much less than I had been taking), and I thought it wouldn’t work. They had me hooked to an IV getting fluid also, and after a couple of hours my blood sugar levels were reading much lower. I think the blood sugar monitors are based on a certain level of hydration, so if you are dehydrated, more sugar shows up, but it’s more concentrated because you don’t have as much fluid. I know it definitely plays a part.

I changed my picture again! Gaia Embrace it’s called. i thought our planet needed a hug! What do you think guyS? pretty huh?

angie, thanks good to know, i was a little weirded out by the high blood sugar comment..how are you today?

luna love the new pic!

wheres our strawberry?

• I c you guys are still going strong, unfortunately I am doing some major audits and reports “how fun” so I haven’t been able to play. :(

Hope you guys are thriving talk to you later.

• LUna you are a trip , I just read some of your post over at BYOB ….

That was too too funny.

Omshanti, I made the plunge I am getting a Vitamix this week, hopefully it will be here by next week.

• What’s that line? When Dorothy, and the cowardly lion and the tin man and scarecrow first knock on the gates of Oz? And that little guy with the bottlebrush mustache pokes his head out? Oh yeah: “The Wizard isn’t home!”

And for all you goddamn cynics—I am still adhering to this ridiculous diet of yours, despite the wasting away of my muscles (I used to be HUGE) and bathroom breaks that always leave me thinking of the mulch shoot on a lawn mower.

I am getting expert advice outside of this forum though. Oddly enough it turns out my neighbor is on the raw food diet—though she eats raw meat too. And, I met this brilliant and beautiful young woman who despite being a complete pain-in-the-ass, has given me a whole lot of helpful advice.

Like suicide.

Still though, work is very heavy. The semester is ending at the university, and I am finishing old projects and prepping for an intense summer.

Hope all is well in Munchkinland.

Z

om – better today, though stress levels are through the roof with the semester ending now – thanks! It’s funny you said followed by something decadent – I woke up this morning thinking how good it would be to fill a young coconut wrap with dipping chocolate and real cream cheese… :) I think for now I’ll have to do with just something chocolate, and try that one after I make the cream cheese again! How are you feeling? I used your dim sum idea with the Spring Rawls wrap – it was wonderful!

Ardes – Congrats on the coming Vita-Mix!

Zooey – Good luck with the school stuff; hope it all goes well for you. :)

Oh, yeah – update on my dad. Today he told me that I have no idea how good it feels not to have that Uugh! feeling he used to get from drinking soda. Yay!

berry – HAHAHA!!! Let us know if the nursing home thing works out for you! :D

stRAWberry – thanks so much, I will look into that reading thingy. i am registered with the CNIB, so i may be able to get the unit free! We’ll see!

ardes – oh enjoy the Vitamix. i wnat one so badly. Also, why did you think my stuff was funny on the BYOB post? I may have offended every busy mom out there by calling them ‘lazy’. What a doornob I can be. engage brain before mouth, or fingers in this case!

Zoo – I hate to admit it, but yeah, I thought you were through with the whole thing! Good for you, who needs huge anyway?1 I seems to keep my muscles on raw. Superior genetics I guess! Phhh, whatever!;)

BTW, the Wizard of Oz freaks me out!

Luna blu~ I just looked closer at your avatar. It reminds me of a beautiful stained glass window. :)

Blue – yeah, now that I look at it that way, it could tatally be done as a stained glass window. My girlfriend in England is awsome at stained glass. She had done stuff similar in the past. I should get her to make it into one for me!!

Well it’s 10:00 here, so it’s bedtime for me. Gotta get up early for work tomorrow. Must ear my raw dough!

Good night. Bueno Nachos.

Luna blu~ That would be so awesome to have the morning sun shine through a window like that. What a great way to start off the day.

Nitey, Nite.

Wow – A stained glass window?! That would be amazing :) My dad did a couple of stained glass things when I was a kid, but nothing like that! I would love to learn how to melt and mix and pour the glass, to make the pieces to work with. I am working on a painting with a mother earth face in part of it; if it comes out I’ll have to post it as my pic so you guys can see. The idea I have is cool, but I am still just learning to paint, so we’ll see…

• lzhptlzhpt Raw Newbie

OK..random thoughts again, but I know some of you use E3Live. Where do I get it and how long does it last? Anyone? Hellooo? Om-you can look up your Mom’s county on-line and check cancer rates. My mom’s county has double the cancer rate for the state of Fla., even when this is adjusted for age.

I just asked a guy out from one of my classes at school, and he has a girlfriend! Waaaaaah! Oh well, at least I tried… :)

Izhpt – I take it and I get about a month and a bit from one bottle. I get it froma local supplement/health food store called Fiddlesheads. It’s great stuff.

stRAWberry – cute pic. Is that you? ;) I have seen worse!

angie – When you finally get the nerve up to ask someone out, it’s sooooo disapointing when they have the nerve to be with someone else. GOD!:) Patience!

I just remembered somthing! Lately at work I have been so full of energy, and in SUCH a GOOd mood, that either my co-workers are getting pissy at me for being so up, or they just seem pissy because i am so up. Could they be resenting my happiness? What is with that? It’s getting me kinda down. It’s not every one, just a handfull of them. I don’t know what I should do about them!

Well, if anyone has advice on how to deal with this sort of thing, I would appreciate it!

• I say ignore them, if you can and keep being your joyful self! I find that the only people that are unhappy about someone else happiness, are miserable people. think about it. when you are happy in a good mood…does i make our upset that someone else is happy and in a good mood?? no…that’s silly! you feel good for them!