Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

What You Ate Today

Comments

• swayzeswayze Raw Newbie

joannabanna, just pretend that "f" is for FANTASTIC! :D

Swayze

• sv3sv3 Raw Newbie

Been really getting into my juicing, yesterday I had:

Green juice of apple, pineapple, cucumber, ginger, blended with half an avocado and two big handfuls of spinach

Smoothie of pineapple + cucumber juice blended with a banana, frozen blueberries and spinach

handful of banana chips

banana whip with cinnamon, maple syrup, raisins and buckwheaties

quinoa + sweet potato chilli with steamed broccoli

handful of rasins, couple of dates and a few nuts

Today so far:

Carrot + apple juice blended with cinnamon and ice

pineapple (about a cup)

I'll have a salad for lunch and raw mushroom fettuccine for dinner - yum!

• sv3sv3 Raw Newbie

I obviously have far too much time on my hands at the moment as posting here every day!

Today:

Breakfast was a juice/smoothie combo: Pear, cucumber + celery juice, blended with bananas, spinach and frozen berries. (Bit random but still good.)

Lunch was a salad of lettuce, cucumber, tomatoes, red peppers and sweetcorn topped with a creamy mushroom dressing. (Dressing was sauce from last nights dinner)

My afternoon snack will be a cup of cauli-couscous.

Dinner will be sweet potato and cauliflower curry. (not raw as it's my BF's turn to cook.)

• sv3sv3 Raw Newbie

Had a bad day yesterday as went out Tues night and drank too much. :-(

BF: apple, celery and cucumber juice blended with frozen bananas and berries

Carrot + hummus

salad of lettuce, cucumber, tomatoes, sweetcorn and olives

bit of cauli cous cous - didn't go down too well tho

herb and onion crackers

Went to a friends for dinner and had pasta with veggie sauce along with white baguette - way too much stodge for my poor tummy to cope with! Strawberries for dessert was the final straw for my stomach - along with the 3 glasses of rose wine. Why do I do it to myself!

Today so far:

Carrot + apple juice

carrot + hummus

same salad as yesterday

Got 3 plums for a snack later and dinner will be a bean, sweet potato + lentil chilli.

• joannabananajoannabanana Raw Newbie

sv3, i didn't have a good raw day yesterday either : ( blah haha i'm over it though. i feel like total crap today (that's to be expected) but i'm doing yoga tonight to get into touch with why i ate eggplant parmesan last night!!!! eek

today, i had a big cherry, spinach, banana, carob smoothie for breakfast. delicious!!

lunch- 1 pbj larabar and 1 banana

i'm home from school now and had half a bag of grapes. then i put the other half in a smoothie with spinach and banana.

i definitely need to soothe my stomach... and head for that matter. my nose and throat hurt from the cheese.

• sv3sv3 Raw Newbie

That smoothie sounded lovely Joanna, I've not had cherries for such a long time. Would really like some.

Feeling much better today, I've had:

juice - apple, celery, cucumber, ginger & lemon

carrot & hummus

simple salad of lettuce, cuc, toms, corn & olives

banana & handful of raisins

baked sweet potato with salad of sliced cucumber, toms & corn

Will probably have banana whip later as craving something dessert like.

• hey guys.

Up to know, i had 6 bananas with oatmeal and cocoa powder. A lot of water and a herbal tea.

For lunch i'll have a corn/carrot/olive/lettuce/cucumber salad

Might have a fruit and a herbal tea in the afternoon and don't know yet about the supper.

I'm new to the raw world, since last january. Actually, i'm trying to live it the best I can, but i'm actually on the 30 day challenge, which im on day 9 or 10 . I feel great! It's kinda hard for me because i'm living in central america. Well, not that it's SO hard, but I can't go to any raw restaurant or buy raw bread (already done) and it's hard to fine nuts and seeds, which are very expensive in my town.

ANyways, I can get all these yummy fruits n veggies from the market each day, and I have a dehydrator which is helping me a lot.

I have a few questions:

What are you doing when a friend of yours invite you to eat something or in a restaurant and there's no raw food? Ok the thing is that i dont want to get in this very crazy thing to eat 100% raw all the time or not to eat if i'm invited somewhere, but i was wondering how you live whit this,

And are you as crazy as me for bananas! Oh my god I just eat a LOT!!!

ciao and have a great day allz!

fonky, I can't think of one restaurant that I've been to where there was no raw foods whatsoever. You can always get a salad of just lettuce and tomatoes.

I like to bring my own fruit, like grapes, with me to put on the salad. I've even brought an entire bag of peaches to a restaurant before!

You're not alone on the banana thing. I just ate 7 of them . :D

Swayze

• sv3sv3 Raw Newbie

So far today...

Juice - apple, celery, cucumber & lemon

Banana whip with raisins & buckwheaties

Smoothie - apple juice, banana, spinach & frozen berries

crackers & salsa

spicy chickpeas (not raw but going to make my own raw version soon)

Lots of cups of peppermint tea

• TOday I had 2 bananas with 1 zapote and cinammon for breakfast.

Then i had a fresh orange juice

I lunched 3 tiny oignon raw breads i made (mmm!) with mustard and tomatoes, and a salad with corn tomatoes oignons and cucumber with some spices.

I've been working hard today, washing the entire house, plus the handwash of the clothes (yeah no washing machine in central america... ahah) and feel like going to the gym tonight.. might have a few bananas right now with cacao powder..

and some veggies for supper

Great day to you guys!

• elixir

cauliflower popcorn

cabbage kim chee

• RawKidChefRawKidChef Raw Newbie

lots of navel oranges all day long

spinach

walnut milk

kombucha

pretty much it. i eat pretty simple. i'm looking to buy some fresh picked wild fruits and nuts. they're in season soon

• RawaholicRawaholic Raw Newbie

5 cups chopped papaya

1 tomato, 31 spears of asparagus, 1/4 of a cucumber, red onion, 1 cups of lettuce all rolled up to make three nori rolls (soooo yummy!) w/nama shoyu

5 medjool dates

giant smoothie (4 small mangos, 4 bananas, handful of strawberries and blueberries, and cinnamon)

• internettouristinternettourist Raw Newbie

I love this website. I love to see people who believe the same things as me, and eat in general in the same way.

Breakfast: Melon/Lemon Smoothie (3 glasses) and a banana

Lunch: Soup and plate of stir fry with egg rolls at chinese restaurant, or big bowl of seafood gumbo with eggrolls and salad at seafood restaurant, or 32oz. Light and Fluffy Smoothie from Smoothie King minus the sugar and honey

Dinner: Carrot smoothie (2 glasses) and one apple (not pulverized)

• 2 glasses fresh squeezed OJ

1 banana walnut Cocoa shake

2 sliced tomatoes with sea salt and pepper

14 Peruvian black olives ,raw of course

1 pear

1 glass of water infused with lemongrass, lavender,thyme,and mint

Jodi

• sv3sv3 Raw Newbie

Juice - apple, celery, cucumber, ginger & lemon blended with ice

Juice - apple & carrot with a pinch of 5 spice

Salad of lettuce, cucumber, tomatoes, corn, olives with a creamy mushroom dressing

Banana

Carrot & hummus

Couscous with steamed veg

i have been waiting for this day for a while!!! it's my 20th birthday today and i'm having the best food day.

breakfast- tropical smoothie of half a pineapple, 1 cara cara orange, 1 mineola, and 2 bananas

lunch- asian wilted greens salad- excellent

snack when i get back from school- probably 1 cantaloupe

dinner- guacamole with a huge salad!!!!!

i haven't had guacamole in a few months since i've been watching my fat intake, but i just don't care today!!!!

• sv3sv3 Raw Newbie

Happy Birthday Joanna! Enjoy that guacamole!

For once I won't bother saying what I've had today as looking back, it's pretty much the same every day at the moment! I'm in a bit of a food rut I guess, but I do love what I eat so it's hard to make the change.

• delalunadelaluna Raw Newbie

happy birthday joannabanana~ :)

it's my first entry here..

2 small papayas

4 bananas

2 tomatoes

2 large cucumbers (peeled)

celery sticks

lettuce wraps with fresh walnuts, cilantro, green onion, sweet red seaweed sauce, and nori flakes.

banana

• Happy birthday joanabanana :)

So far today:

breakfast: one zapote, soaked oatmeal, flaxseed and cinammon

Lunch: 1 zapote, half avocado, 2 bananas

I have a club soda right now with ice and tea, sorry bout that but its so hot in central america right now :P hihi

And for supper dont know yet. I feel like i'm eating too much bananas these days. I feel like i'm eating good but maybe to many fruits... ?? Like i dont feel fat but i feel heavy and too-full, it's weird.. Maybe it's because I stopped smoking a few days ago and change the cigarette for bananas, so thats why i feel so full all the time...

Anyways! I sleep very good and i'm happy so have a good day!

thanks, guys!!! i got a sweet new spiral slizer thing to make zucchini noodles. i'm so exciting!! it kind of looks like a guillatine, but oh well.

i was surprised at how full i got today from the avocado... like really full. i think my body was used to being without them and now i just feel pretty heavy in the stomach. i miss the light feeling

Happy Birthday Joanna! Have fun with your spiralizer. I love mine. :)

Swayze

• sv3sv3 Raw Newbie

Juice - apple, celery, cucumber, lemon and ginger blended with ice

Banana + small handful of raisins

Lettuce wraps with butter bean pate, tomato, cucumber & olives

I have carrot + hummus for my pm snack...not sure about dinner but it will involve squash and spinach as that's what's in my fridge.

supa large mango! so yummy!!!

lots of bananas (lost count)

2 cucumbers

2 large tomatoes

more bananas!

i've missed you lulushka!! i wondered where you went. i hope your transition goes smoothly again. it never has to be all or nothing, so i'm glad you're here!

so far today

smoothie of 1 large delicious amazing mango, 3 bananas, and 1 package of blackberries

smoothie of 3 cups spinach, 3 bananas, and 1/2 bag of grapes

i'm not very hungry today so i'll probably just have the leftovers of my asian wilted greens salad for dinner.

• AVLAVL Raw Newbie

Happy belated birthday joanna! I hope that you had an awesome day :)

• Dancin DurianDancin Durian Raw Newbie

Happy Birthday Joanna! And welcome back Lulushka8! You guys are both so great!

• sv3sv3 Raw Newbie

Welcome back lulushka!

Today I've had almost exactly the same as yesterday, bring the creature of habit that I am.

This weekend I'm making some deyhdrated goodies so that should break my food rut.

Planning on making falafels, carrot crackers and spicy sprouted chickpeas. If I have any chickpeas left, I'll make pesto too. Yum!

• Hello!

I'm on my 16th day of 100% raw and I stopped smoking a week ago, yeah! And I almost dont drink coffee ( I used to drink a LOT of coffee).

Today I had about 8 small bananas, soaked oatmeal with a lot of cinamon and cacao powder, a zapote and a smoothie (papaya, cucumber, mint).

I think i'm very full right now ahah so I was planing to go to the gym later and then have a salad around 7pm.

I realized that I was putting some weight on while being raw. It's strange to me. Of course I was kind of skinny before, but maybe I go to much on the banana thing? Hum sounds strange to me.. anyways! I realized too that my body was changing a lot since I got raw. I feel more healthy and it shows physicaly. I feel like I have more tonus.

So have a nice day!

:)

large pomegranate

papaya

bananas

tomatoes

cucumbers

lots of lettuce wraps with fresh walnuts, cilantro, green onion, red bell pepper, sweet seaweed sauce, and nori flakes.

bananas

1 tomato

i've been eating really healthy, but i dont have enough energy to exercise. when i first started raw, i could easily do an hour of pilates and yoga... plus walking at night. but lately i feel tired. do i need more protein?