Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

What You Ate Today

Comments

• i dont eat raw all the time but this morning i had a banana with organic peanut butter, and matcha tea with honey~erica

• swayzeswayze Raw Newbie

Good to see you again, lulush! Good luck on transitioning back to lfrv. It definitely gets easier the more you do it. :)

delaluna, you might not be eating enough. Try increasing the amount of fresh fruit you eat, while keeping your fat intake low, and see if that helps.

Swayze

• delalunadelaluna Raw Newbie

swayze - i think i'm eating enough. i eat tons of bananas, 7-15 a day, plus other sweet fruits. i think the reason might be i'm losing weight. but is it normal to also lose hair as you lose weight? i might have to up my protein intake just to see if it makes a difference, maybe hemp or chia seeds.

today i had -

9 figs dipped in coconut oil and stevia

bananas (10?)

cucumbers

tomatoes

some roasted black sesame butter

2 more figs, 2 more bananas.

• this is my 2nd day back after resuming my cooked vegan lifestyle. i forgot that my main detox system is extreme exhaustion for about an hour or two a day for a day or two. ugh!

yesterday:

coffee w/ sugar and soy milk (2 cups)

raw revolution bar

cherry tomatoes

green smoothie - kale, banana, flax seed, hemp seed, blueberries

raw truffle

cooked dinner (brown rice, kale, seitan, low fat vegenaise, sriracha, carrots)

today so far:

coffee w/ sugar and soy milk (1 cup)

apple

almonds - about 6

2 celery stalks w/ raw almond butter and raisins

RFRW bunny spice drink

• So far today

Brkfst: small coffee, soaked integral oatmeal, 3 or 4 bananas, cinamon and cacao powder and flaxseed

snack: small apple

lunch: 1 zapote, about 6 or 7 bananas and cinammon

I'll maybe have a cabbage salad with spinach and lettuce, with some greens for diner.

I feel like starting a just feasting tomorrow for a week, but I dont have a juice extractor, so it might be a smoothie-feasting :P

Karine

• Today ( total not separated into meals)

-2 slices of melon

-6 dates

-1 peach

-6 earth almonds

-2 macadamia nut

-100gr of watercress

-1 tomatoe

-1 small avocado

-1/2 cucumber

-1 carrot

-1 onion

-2 sticks of celery

-6 olives

-1 soup (blending 2 tomatoes, 1 slice of onion, 1/4 cucumber, 1/red pepper, pinch of salt and olive oil)

is ok? I feel full, my stomach needs time to digest but I dont feel full of energy :(

( im loosing a lot of hair as well...is this a part of the detox process?

• I've only been back on raw for about a week, so I'm gonna jump in to try and keep myself on the path :)

Today:

Breakfast smoothie with 4 bananas, a handful of mixed baby greens, hemp powder, whole foods powder, water, and about half a tbsp coconut oil

Lunch: 1 large cantaloupe (and probably some bananas later, I'm eating the cantaloupe right now so we'll see)

Dinner will probably be raw nori rolls, which I haven't had in about a year and I'm happy to try again! I'm soaking sunflower seeds to make Zoe's Onion Cheese, which I always did love, and with that I'll add in sprouts, greens, tomato, and bell pepper. Maybe avocado. And a nice salad on the side with goddess dressing. I'm gonna have to break that Goddess dressing habit, it's a tough one. I'm sure there's an easy raw version, it's a simple recipe. I've managed to drop my organic rice milk but occasional sprouted bread and Goddess dressing (from Trader Joe's) are my non raw staples currently. I need a dehydrator so I can make flax bread...

delaluna, I personally did not lose hair when I went raw, but many people have had that experience for the first few weeks to a few months after going raw.

Swayze

• bittbitt Raw Newbie

what i ate:

green smoothie with mango, banana, kale, hemp seeds

nectarine

some raw chocolates

sunflower sprouts, lettuce, tomato with raw ranch

bit of raw hemp brownies (my recipe, on this site)

raw chili and plenty of sprouts

herbal berry tea

• 12 organic valencia oranges squeezed into juice YUMMY! as well as 1/2 gallon sized bag of RAW Popcorn with cayenne pepper added as I like a lot of spice!! Thats it so far today, but I am planning on a smoothie of banana and strawberries mixed with raw cocoa powder and raw blue agave and vanilla bean. for lunch dinner is going to be an avocado, tomato, and corn salad with black pepper and sea salt and i touch of olive oil . Also 32 oz of fresh made apple juice and 1 cactus cooler recipe from this site!! for drinks durning the day. PEACE & LIGHT Jodi AKA Chili

• Oh I'm so happy I bought a "banana head" in the fruit market today, I have it in my house just like a banana tree I just love it, i'm eating wayyyyy too much bananas but anyway I'm just into it right now :)

I woke up and had a glass of water with a bit of apple cider vinegar into it (i love this vinegar, it's cleaning my skin right now)

Then I had a coffee (ok can't let it go!!)

And I made a huge green smoothie with 2.5 cups of water, 6 frozen bananas (small-medium size), a part of cucumber and a big handful of spinach. Yummy, I'm drinking it slowly.

For lunch I might have a big watermelon smoothie with mint. Then for diner i tought of an apple/spinach/lettuce/banana smoothie that I will drink when I will come back from the gym.

I'm on my smoothie week, because I dont have a juice extractor so im on a smoothie feasting :P ahah

Ok now I have to go and clean my house up and hand-wash my clothes

Ciao!

Karine

• Started the day with hot water, then a green smoothie of melon, spinich and sprilina. 3 apples, then a juice of 2 apples, 4 carrots, broc, half a lemon, half a cuc and some ginger, had a snack of grapes. Tonight will have another juice with beets, carrots, spinich, lemon and some added chia seeds. Need the energy for salsa dancing tonight. Am currently trying to lose 14lbs by Xmas.

have a magic day

Kazzie

• sv3sv3 Raw Newbie

Apple & carrot juice with pinch of cinnamon blended with ice

Carrot & hummus

Lettuce wraps filled with tomato, cucumber and raw falafal

Small apple

Carrot cracker (made with pulp from all my juicing!)

Planning on having zucchini noodles with a creamy mushroom sauce for dinner.

Dessert has to be banana whip - I can't get enough of it!

• -one cantaloupe

-salad with watercress, 1onion, 1tomatoe, celery, 1carrot, raw sweet corn and pinch of himalayan salt and olive oil

-4 dates and a piece of coconut

-about 15 grapes

-dinner: 2 tomatoes with 1/2 avocado 1/2 onion

• sv3sv3 Raw Newbie

Carrot and apple juice

Small green smoothie (Pineapple, banana, spinach and apple juice)

Salad of lettuce, cucumber, tomatoes and corn topped with a creamy mushroom sauce

1 Fresh Fig - My first ever!

I have more green smoothie, an apple and another fig for later.

• superfood2superfood2 Raw Newbie

Fonky, way to go on your diet - it sounds excellent. High fruit and vegetable, low processed and fat is awesome for your body and skin. :)

Annamaste, you need more fruit, less fat, less combined meals eventually (when you feel ready - eat more simply, one or two foods at a time).

Yesterday I had:

2 apples

Whole cantelope

Whole pineapple

3 c. strawberries

1/2 c. each blackberries and raspberries

Lots of green juice - kale, romaine, cucumber, celery, lemon

3 c. cherry tomatoes

2.5 c. figs

You guys eat ONE fig? I had about 10-15 yesterday!!

• RawKidChefRawKidChef Raw Newbie

Concord grapes are in season!!!! yay!! i've had a macintosh apple for breakfast,and half a bag of conord grapes. more where that came from!

oh yeah and yesterday I had a whole bunch of fresh figs. had no idea they had 1 gram of protein per two figs! i knew they were packed with stuff.

lulush where are you getting fresh mulberries? and where are you getting those luxurious figs?the figs aren't that good where I live! I mean they're good but yours sound a whole lot better. lol. I would like to plant my own figs but it takes ages to get fruit from them.

• joannabananajoannabanana Raw Newbie

my nutrition teacher and i got into it again today. she asked us "what's the one food group that has NO protein?"

i said all foods have protein and she said "no, joanna, the answer is fruit. fruit has no protein."

i told her that wasn't true and that i get about 10% of protein a day alone from fruit, but she wouldn't hear it. i swear, i could learn more from a 5 year old than that woman.

man joanna! that stuff is so irritating. go to nutritiondata.com and type in kiwis, figs, bananas, peaches, and apples and print it out and give all the sheets to her. kiwis have a complete protein. and bring a bag of goji berries with the label which have 4 grams of protein per 1/4 cup.

• cucumber and lavender infused water

spinach, orange and blueberry smoothie

2 dates

cacao, chicory and licorice tea

banana and raspberry almond-milkshake

4 pimento stuffed olives and a glass of Sauvignon Blanc

a disgusting coffee from a machine at college

4 button mushrooms with a stuffing made out of almond pulp and herbs.

• Joanna, I don't know how you can even stand listening to your teacher! It must drive you absolutely bonkers. Or maybe you feel you have a purpose in life--educating the so-called educator. I wish you lots of restraint as you must feel like correcting her all the time. She obviously thinks you know nothing. Hope you do as rawkidchef suggests and give her proof that you are right. Can't wait to hear about her reaction. Keep us posted--maybe you should start a thread about the adventures of a raw foodist in a SAD nutrition class.

thanks for the advice, guys! rawfreak hit it on the nose- i can't stand my teacher at all!! haha i rarely agree with anything she says. i'm still waiting to get my results back from "mypyramid" project. my daily fruit allowance was 855% and the recommended amount was like 50%. it would be fun if all you guys were in the class with me!

the fruit thing today was just absurd. it is a FACT that fruit has protein, and for her to actually have a master's degree in nutrition just totally baffles me.

hands up, the best thing she said today was that the only people who would have a protein defficiency would be fruitarians and starving children. of course, this was after i said that fruit has protein, but i didn't feel like getting corrected again.

i'll keep you updated on the tales of SAD nutrition!!!

• sv3sv3 Raw Newbie

JB - It's crazy that she blatantly knows less than you! A bit scary too, in that the rest of your class will just lap up what she says and take it as fact. You'll have to fly the flag for truth on nutrition!

lulushka8 - The figs were ok, but not as amazing as I'd hoped. I've had dried ones and loved them so was expecting these to be even better. They aren't as sweet as I'd imagined. Maybe the batch I've got aren't that good. (They were on offer in a supermarket)

Eaten pretty much the same as yesterday except my morning juice, which was apple, fennel and lemon. It tasted like sherbet fountain! Lovely!

• Today I felt very strange, didn't slept much, my puppy did an heart attack and died yesterday night.. oh my god I'm so sad :(

I had a zapote and 4 bananas at like 10am

I tried to make some sun in our day (me and husband) doing a summer salad with a lot of stuff: tomatoes, cilantro, cucumber, small corn, lettuce, spinach, cabbage, onion, sprouted green beans, avocado and a apple vinegar and lemon sauce

We went for a smoothie in the afternoon in a new restaurant in town

Then i had a little bowl of soaked integral oatmeal with 2 frozen bananas and cinammon

I'm going at the gym right now, to kill some time without thinking about gone-puppy-L

joanna, that sucks. You should show her an example of a fruit's composition on nutridiary. There's no way she can counter that!

I can't believe I'm saying this, but I'm actually looking forward to winter this year! I'm still not ready for cold weather, but I'm looking forward to winter fruits like grapes and Valencia oranges.

Swayze

breakfast this morning was delicious. i'm trying to cut my meals down to 2 or 3 a day instead of a bunch of small random meals. it's so inconvenient to eat all the time because i'm constantly running around.

breakfast smoothie- 5 bananas, 1/2 pineapple, and 1 orange.

dinner will be a huge salad of lettuce, spinach, veggies, and avocado.

swayze, i made the mango-tomato-cilantro dressing last night and it was amazing! i was shocked that i didn't need to add salt to it. the flavor was just wow.