Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

What You Ate Today

Comments

• swayzeswayze Raw Newbie

Hehe, told ya it was good. :)

Swayze

• fonky - i'm so sorry about your dog!! :( *hugs*

joanna - that is painful - stupid people make my head hurt.

not much raw today but off to have celery w/ some artisana raw almond butter and raisins!

• RawKidChefRawKidChef Raw Newbie

I'm all for concord grapes! They are one of my favorite fruits. I wish they never went out of season. Going up to a pick your own farm on Monday to pick some persimmons. and i've got these wild fresh picked pine nuts in the shell that are coming soon.

• 1 banana

lots pineapple

some strawberries

raw larabar

few lettuce boats with tomatoes and onion avacado

big glass of nut milk

and some raw freezer fudge!

• sv3sv3 Raw Newbie

Was a bit naughty over the weekend - nothing new then!

Yesterday I had

Juice - apple, celery, cucumber, lemon, ginger

Carrot & hummus

Cooked Vegan breakfast - almost fell into a food coma after this!

Blueberry muffin (it was vegan tho)

Big salad with raw falafal

Couple of handful of rasins & nuts

Quite a few (non raw) herb & onion crackers

Today

Carrot & apple juice

Cup of red grapes

Salad with sun dried tomato pate

Carrot & hummus

• I've been trying to ward off some weird thing trying to infiltrate my immune system for the past few days...

This morning I had my decadent treat:

Double espresso with deliciously foamed almond milk

Pineapple smoothie with banana

A raw pate of my creation called Yemaya's Delight, with avocado, pineapple, spicy baby greens from my garden and a new sauce that i made that I am currently addicted to that I named Thai-hini...all of this in a sprouted tortilla

1 delicious Empire apple

1 coconut date roll and 3 super moist Pakistani dates with a walnut half in each one

Some Echinacea Elder tea

• so far:

date nut torte

salad w/ a walnut pate, dressing, and a parm of raw walnuts + nooch

1/2 larabar

raweo

• I've been eating half a small watermelon for breakfast every morning this week and it's been great. I'm bummed they're off sale now :(

Today:

Half a watermelon (pre-workout)

I glass water with Nutritional Yeast (post workout)

Lunch will be a huge green smoothie with water bananas, strawberries, kale, spinach, maca, coconut oil, hemp, and green powder.

Snack of raw almond butter on sprouted bread.

Dinner will probably be another salad with avo. Maybe nori rolls on the side. It's easy to just wrap up part of my salad in seaweed. Sunflower seed hummus for sure :)

This week on sale it's cabbage and broccoli so it looks like a coleslaw week!

• sv3sv3 Raw Newbie

kombuchadiva, I loved it when mellons were on sale over the summer. I had a mellon smoothie everyday after my run.

Today I've had:

carrot & apple juice

2 handfuls of red grapes

zucchini pasta with spinach&basil pesto with simple side salad. (My pesto was sooooo tasty!)

banana, mixed berry & spinach smoothie - tasted a bit like chocolate - haven't a clue how/why!

Going to friends for dinner later so who knows what rubbish I'll end up eating.

• Today I had

garlic smoothie (1 clove of garlic blended with 1 c of water): I've had bronchitis and this does wonders for clearing the upper resp and stopping the coughing

Spinach banana mango papaya coconut water smoothie

2 oranges

pistachios

rawsta: zucchini pasta with raw marinara putanesca with "sunny parm" (ground sunflower seeds, nutritional yeast, red pepper, s&p) Yumalicious!!!

Cup of sasafras tea with agave

Yesterday for dinner I made

Marinated portobello mushrooms--gently warmed in oven; soooooooo yummy

mashed potatoes (not raw I know, but I couldn't resist--my goal is to be about 80% raw)

mixed greens salad with tom, cuke, avacado and dressing of lemon, olive oil, s&p, onion & garlic powder & gomashio; fantastic!!!

• My smoothie yesterday was:

coconut water, banana, strawberry, mango, kale, cacao nibs, agave: loved this!

• Today was such a great day, I just got new food and stopped eating only bananas like crazy..

I discover a new fruit, its call tamalo oh my god its my new best fruit ever...

so today:

brkfast: coffee, 1 small tamalo, 1 zapote, 4 bananas and cinamon

lunch: smotthie of 2 bananas, pineapple. Also had a small part of avocado.

Snack: cucumber with tumeric and pepper, 1 greenpepper and 1 small tamalo

Diner: salad of lettuce, tomatoes, onions and cucumber, with lemon juice and garlic salt

so happy to have a full different day! :)

Good night!

• luxdivonluxdivon Raw Newbie

I'm gonna work backwards.

My surprisingly delicious dinner

Broccoli with Raw Pesto! It's delicious. I think i might have a second helping. usually i have to choke down the broccoli.

A pear

SKinny cappuccino (i so wish they did them with hazelnut milk)

Peanut butter lara bar

Juicy Mango, avocado, cherry tomatoes with lime corn chips (non-raw)

Coffee with agave + hazelnut milk

1 unorganic cantaloupe which tasted so bland. ugg..

i'm excited that we will get a dehydrator eventually. Since we are going to do everything for our own wedding. Including having a raw meal! So that means a good food processor and a dehydrator! eventually...

Then I can make some kind of chip that is raw.

I don't think i'll ever give up the coffee thou. Not until we can afford 2 young coconuts & two grape kombucha every day! That's the only thing that would make me give up coffee for good :) and even then, i'm not so sure... lol.

• joannabananajoannabanana Raw Newbie

i tried hemp seeds for the first time yesterday and while they taste delicious, i was shocked at the outcome (literally haha)- my stool was pure liquid (tmi- i know). the information on the bag said that they cause liquid stool, but i don't understand why. usually, fats make my stool harder instead of softer. why do they do this?

• sv3sv3 Raw Newbie

Feel like I've done nothing but eat this weekend!

I have been working out quite a bit so that's probably why I've got such an appetite.

Yesterday I had:

green juice - apple, cucumber, celery, lemon and ginger

small handful of raisins & almonds

handful of soya beans

salad of lettuce, cuc, toms, corn & olives

v small portion of curried carrot salad

banana whip

thai noodle salad and few corn chips

Today:

green juice - same as yesterday

4 dates

curried carrot salad

small portion of zucchini pasta with pesto

small portion of thai noodle salad

handful of soya beans

will probably have a simple salad later with some left over pesto. Yum.

• sv3sv3 Raw Newbie

Today Ive had:

Green juice of apples, cucumber, celery, lemon and ginger

Smoothie of apple juice, peaches and half a banana - Soooo sweet!

Salad of lettuce, cucumber, cherry toms, topped with left over curried carrot salad

handful of baby carrots with hummus

Dinner will be zucchini noodles with creamy mushroom sauce and a side salad.

Pretty good day all in all!

• superfood2superfood2 Raw Newbie

Humans have been fine with regard to vitamin D levels for many years even though there are cloudy, rainy, or otherwise not sunny days. Do you mean temporarily sun coverage from the clouds or what? I don't know what you mean. Are you not going outside at all?

For getting back to raw, you've done it before - you can do it again! Just remind yourself of what cooked foods do to you, how they make you look or feel. Have enough fruit around. Transition down the fat, salt (if any), and dried foods if possible. We're rooting for you!!! Are you exercising?

• sv3sv3 Raw Newbie

Today so far:

Juice of apples, fennell and lemon - I love this combo as its so refreshing

Juice of carrots and apple with pinch of all spice

chickpea salad

banana and handful of raisins

Got a hefty gym workout later so will no doubt scoff a date or two afterwards

Dinner will be sweet potato and veg stew on a bed of spinach

• Hi!

I feel like I haven't stop eating today... I had:

1 entire medium papaya (she was perfect)

1 zapote

about 4 small plantain bananas

2 handful of peanuts

1 part of the pumpkin pie I did yesterday

I feel so full!!!!!!! I noticed that I was eating way too much when I was tired. And bored. And theses days, I'm both tired and bored. And have to get my period on saturday, so maybe that's why all these things are happening at the same time ;)

I think I will try to eat my fruits in the morning, up to noon, then have veggies in the afternoon and night. The thing with me is that I can't eat normally. I have to full up myself all the time, until I feel that I cannot eat more. I'm not listening to myself and it's like if I can't do it for now!! Anyway..

I'll have gym tonight, and I guess I'll still feel full after, so might not eat anything else before tomorrow morning... gotta find a solution for that..!

Have a great night everyone!

• rawlizardrawlizard Raw Newbie

luluska, not everybody needs the same sun exposure to get the same amount of vitamin D. The darker the skin the more sun it needs. People living in northern latitudes have adapted to the lack of sun and have developed lighter skin so they can still get enough vit D. If your skin is darker and do not have access to enough sun, you may want to get your levels checked if you have concerns. Every day there are new studies showing that vit D plays an important role in staying healthy and avoid disease.

If you find that you are deficient, there are over the counter supplements that you can take. In any case, avoid D2, which is the synthetic form of vit D. Use D3 that comes from food instead.

• AVLAVL Raw Newbie

lulushka8, I think that bananas with carob powder is really good. I used to eat that a lot as my dessert!

Good job, Lulush!! BTW, I was thinking about you today, that I think it's fine to decide one day "I don't feel like being raw right now" and just have a non-raw day. I think some people need that. As long as it's vegan/no animals are harmed, I don't see that it could be too bad as long as you're at least 50% raw each day you do it and come back when ready. Don't feel bad!!!!

Some people can prob. do it and easily get back to raw and others not.

• AVLAVL Raw Newbie

superfood2 - I had one of those "I don't feel like being raw right now" moments tonight. Fruits and vegetables just didn't seem really appealing to me. So I went to the grocery store that has a salad/food bar and got some cooked food. It doesn't seem to affect me in terms of going back to eating raw the next day, it actually motivates me more. I tend to need about 1 day like that each week. I'm thinking that I eat about 35 meals a week, so if 1 or 2 aren't raw it still leaves 33-34 raw meals a week, so I don't think that it's so bad. And it's mostly vegan, other than some cheese that I sometimes have (that I'm trying to stop eating because it makes me feel really bloated and phlegmy).

Yeah, it's all good. We have to decide what *we* want to do, not what others want us to do. :)

• Dancin DurianDancin Durian Raw Newbie

`superfood2-that is such great advice, and so possitive and supportive! I hope this doesnt sound creepy, but Ihave been on this site for a while, and I just always think you are so great! I love reading all the things you have to say, and I really admire your style of simple eating. You are totaly motivating to me! Have a great day!

Thanks, Dancin'!!! That's really great of you to say. :)

D3 is from animals, unfortunately.

I've been eating the same as usual but maybe more greens, like 10 oz. more of spinach and more kale than usual. But still lots of fruit. LOVE it!!!

• Dancin DurianDancin Durian Raw Newbie

Lulushka8-dont stress out over the amounts you are eating. Every person has a different body, and different nutrional needs, compairing yourself is useless. Really, just keep doing what you are doing and listen to your body. But I understand, it is hard not to worry you are doing something wrong, if oyu see that people are doing things in a different way than you are. Just keep trucken! You are doing really great.

Superfood2-I jsut have a question! Did you eat the amount of food that you do now, when you first started on raw, or did the amount increase with time? What do you do for excersize? Keep on being so sweet!

• AVLAVL Raw Newbie

Lulushka8, I feel like I eat a lot too compared to other people. For lunch I will bring a massive tupperwear of melon and people look at me like I am crazy. They say "are you going to eat ALL that? It's so much!". The thing is that calorie-wise, it's probably even less than their crappy lunch of pizza, pop and chips. So I think that I'm the one that should be asking them "are you going to eat THAT?" Or if I have 2 apples as a snack, they think that I'm eating a lot!

I think that you should listen to your body and eat of ever much you need to. Your body will let you know when you've had enough.

• joannabananajoannabanana Raw Newbie

avl, i am exactly the same!! i make like a quart of applesauce (three or four apples usually) and bring that to school and eat it during class. people are shocked when i finish it. even eating 2 apples or a bag of grapes is a lot to them.

You know what's unbelieveable - that I rarely like chocoalte now. Here and there I will get a raw chocolate bar and it sometimes tastes like dirt. I used to eat it every day!!!

I have eaten a lot of greens for as long as I"ve been vegan, so for 7 years or so. People are always amazed at how much broccoli, spinach, and kale I used to eat, both raw and cooked. And when I was high raw and then subsequently all raw, yes, huge salads every single day and lots of fruit even though my fat intake was higher. I'd say at least 20 cups of greens per day on average. I'll sit on the couch with a 10 oz or larger bag of spinach and eat the whole thing plain.

I'll try to do the more detailed posts. I fell out of it a bit after I moved in July and now my apartment stil isn't totally done!! Sorry.