1 cup macadamia creme (macadamias and water to desired thickness)
2 tablespoons cocoa powder
2 tablespoons maple syrup or date syrup (to your personal taste)
2 large bananas
½ cup walnuts (finely ground)
1 tablespoon ground flax
1 teaspoon cinnamon or to taste
Pinch of salt
1. Make your plain mac creme.
2. Then add the next two ingredients to your liking. Refrigerate. (I like mine a bit less sweet as the “cookie” tube is sweet.)
3. Make batter out of remaining ingredients in the blender (Mine still had left over mac creme squeeze-ins in it, just in case that makes a difference.) and pour into 4 equal pancakes. I use plastic wrap to flatten them by hand really thin.
4. Place in dehydrator at 110 F for an hour or so until still pliable.
5. Then roll them into a tube and put back in the dehydrator until really dry. Mine have been in for two more hours and are really nicely holding shape. By the way, if you try to roll them and they collapse, leave them flat for a bit longer.
6. Let your tubes cool, and then pipe in creme.
7. Sprinkle a mixture of cinnamon and cocoa on top. You can also drizzle chocolate sauce. (I like Juliano's black tar over it.)
Now mine don't quite crunch, but lordy, lordy, they are good!
I’ll take a photo after dinner before we scarf them down. I've been sampling and they are good!
Click the button below to download the printable PDF.
© 2009-2016 The Rawtarian.
This information is not intended to replace a one-on-one relationship with a qualified health care professional and is not intended as medical advice.
I encourage you to make your own health care decisions based upon your research and in partnership with like-minded, qualified health care professional(s). I wish you success on your raw journey!