Kale (I like the curly kale)
Flaxseed, hemp or olive oil
Himalayan or celtic sea salt
1. Destalk the kale and chop any larger pieces into smaller sizes. The size is not really too important.
2. Throw the kale into a large bowl and drizzle with a little oil and lemon juice. Massage the kale with your hands until it has wilted a bit and turned a dark glossy green. You can add more oil as you go if needed.
3. Sprinkle with a little salt and place on mesh dehydrator trays.
4. Dehydrate for about 6-8 hours or until crispy.
5. Store in an airtight container.
Kale chips! Yum, oh so yum.
The amounts of the ingredients are really up to individual taste, but I suggest you start with lots of kale because it shrinks quite considerably with dehydration and just add seasonings to taste as you go. Remember that flavours tend to become concentrated after dehydrating.
Try to use all organic ingredients where possible.
Click the button below to download the printable PDF.
© 2009-2015 The Rawtarian.
This information is not intended to replace a one-on-one relationship with a qualified health care professional and is not intended as medical advice.
I encourage you to make your own health care decisions based upon your research and in partnership with like-minded, qualified health care professional(s). I wish you success on your raw journey!