Kale (I like the curly kale)
Flaxseed, hemp or olive oil
Himalayan or celtic sea salt
1. Destalk the kale and chop any larger pieces into smaller sizes. The size is not really too important.
2. Throw the kale into a large bowl and drizzle with a little oil and lemon juice. Massage the kale with your hands until it has wilted a bit and turned a dark glossy green. You can add more oil as you go if needed.
3. Sprinkle with a little salt and place on mesh dehydrator trays.
4. Dehydrate for about 6-8 hours or until crispy.
5. Store in an airtight container.
Kellymyra's ThoughtsBy kellymyra
Kale chips! Yum, oh so yum.
The amounts of the ingredients are really up to individual taste, but I suggest you start with lots of kale because it shrinks quite considerably with dehydration and just add seasonings to taste as you go. Remember that flavours tend to become concentrated after dehydrating.
Try to use all organic ingredients where possible.
Print This Recipe (PDF)
Click the button below to download the printable PDF.
Do chia seeds need soaking?TammiTrue - 4 hours 43 min ago
Anyone going through menopause and raw?ClaireT - 6 hours 12 min ago
i need serious help!bobsm - 21 hours 11 min ago
Water from older coconutsClaireT - 1 day 2 hours ago
I was wondering if anyone here makes sauerkraut?Romey - 1 day 12 hours ago