1 cup oat groats (soaked overnight)
1/3 cup raisins (soaked 30 minutes)
1 tablespoon tahini
1 tablespoon maple syrup
1 tablespoon cinnamon
3 large ripe bananas
1. After soaking oat groats, there should be about 1 1/2 cups. Blend 1 cup in blender, along with raisins, 1 1/2 of the 3 bananas, tahini, and maple syrup.
2. Blend until ingredients are well mixed until you have a type of paste.
3. Dice remaining banana and mix with the rest of the oats in large mixing bowl.
4. Add the cinnamon and blended oat mixture and mix until remaining ingredients incorporated.
5. Drop about 1 tablespoon at a time onto dehydrator sheets.
6. Dehydrate for about 8 hours at 105 Fahrenheit. I’ve found a good way to get cookie shapes is to reshape them after they’ve been in the dehydrator for about 2 hours. The tops are a little crusty and are more willing to be smoothed into a good cookie shape.
Elizabeth's ThoughtsBy elizabeth
Banana bread was the ultimate in comfort food.
These oaties do the trick and will take additions/substitutions easily.
Walnuts would compliment these very well. Happy snacking.
Print This Recipe (PDF)
Click the button below to download the printable PDF.
What is the one kitchen tool you could not live without?TammiTrue - 3 days 7 hours ago
Avocado headache!!!stellabbell - 6 days 46 min ago
Best Juicer?marinay4510 - 6 days 10 hours ago
Could you list here the best masticating juicer?marinay4510 - 6 days 10 hours ago
~chrons, colitis, ibd~ gaining weight as raw vegan?marinay4510 - 6 days 10 hours ago