1 navel orange
vanilla bean pod
ground star anise
1 red cactus fruit, peeled
- peel and roughly chop the clementines & add to the blender (I had enough clementines to fill the Vitamix carafe ¾ full)
- cut off the outer orange layer of the navel orange leaving the white pith attached to the inner flesh. Then roughly chop the navel orange & add to blender
- add one of the orange zest strips to the blender
- peel & roughly chop the cactus fruit & add to blender
- add vanilla bean pod (or ground / extract if you have a regular blender), star anise and water all to taste & desired consistency
I had some clementines that had been drying out where they were too dry to eat plain but were still good. I wanted to use them up so they wouldn’t go to waste. I am so glad I did. It’s very yummy!!! The fiber from the pulp & pith makes it smooth & creamy. When you drink it, you taste a hint of the star anise with a vanilla after taste that lingers. MMMMmmmmm
Click the button below to download the printable PDF.
© 2009-2015 The Rawtarian.
This information is not intended to replace a one-on-one relationship with a qualified health care professional and is not intended as medical advice.
I encourage you to make your own health care decisions based upon your research and in partnership with like-minded, qualified health care professional(s). I wish you success on your raw journey!